Kuva Nukor Future Balancing Predictions

With the Kuva Nukor being a meta secondary these days, Im curious what DE has in store for balancing? We seen this happen to many extremely meta popular weapons before, and we know what is bound to come for balancing the usage statistics..

What are you predictions for the balancing act of Kuva Nukor?

How long do you think DE will allow the meta?

thinking GIF

• Like 1

Hopefully nothing. Half of it's popularity is as a condition primer, which leads into the broader problem of melee, which is a superior issue. The other half is just the simple value of lich weapons combining so many benefits. 

There are so many other primers that would just replace Nukor of it was ruined, and there are a ton of effective weapons where regular damage is involved. Nukor can't even slash. They nerfed the Brahma, and balance problems ceased to exist, players suddenly started using all the other powerful primaries... oh wait, they just started shooting with gunblades instead. 

Until melee is fixed, there is no baseline to address, and there's no way to bring Nukor below the Atomos without breaking it. 

A small nerf is rational, but not enough to make it not the best secondary. The stats are already balanced for regular players, it's the power gamers who have arcanes that give it the critical patch that makes it a crusher, and that's a waste of time to challenge. 

Broader tuning of melee, beam status application, and shotgun status application should be looked at, the Nukor is just a peak that's easily visible. 

Edited by BahamutKaiser
  • Like 9

I thought it's stupidly op until I took it into higher level stuff (without a riven, of course, screw rivens)

Same with basically anything though.. everything seems stupidly broken against lower level enemies.. and considering the game, it'd be awful if lvl 20 enemies were a threat, especially considering we have to kill millions while doing missions ten thousand of times..

vor 38 Minuten schrieb (XB1)TyeGoo:

I thought it's stupidly op until I took it into higher level stuff (without a riven, of course, screw rivens)

Same with basically anything though.. everything seems stupidly broken against lower level enemies.. and considering the game, it'd be awful if lvl 20 enemies were a threat, especially considering we have to kill millions while doing missions ten thousand of times..

its not op. but its very good. because it can hit multiple targets.

and bramma "balance" is brainless. weapon cant be really used now.

and I don't think much of the ridiculous nerfs either. this is a game for causal people!
better would be to make other weak weapons useful ...

i'm not making any predictions, just saying that i hope that it would be adjusted via reducing the Chaining Exponent to the same ballpark of other high Damage Continuous Weapons in the game (which average around 0.3 instead of freaking 0.75).
do i think that's the sort of adjustment that would actually happen though? pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

1 hour ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Half of it's popularity is as a condition primer

and the other half being that it has top3 DPS in the game at the same time, with 4 Elemental types, with AoE via Chaining over a sizable distance, to the highest number of simultaneous Enemies, and with the highest Chaining Exponent in the game.

all of that without any Arcanes or Rivens.

• Like 5

So, IPS weapons have 3 physical damage type along with an occasional single or double element, and the option to add 2 more elements, there are 2 other chaining weapons, and 1 extra element isn't having a relevant impact on damage due to diminishing returns.

You can try to nerf it into balance, but you'll fail, it will either be the best still, or ruined like the Brahma.

There's this beam hanging out of one eye and you're looking at the splinter. Beam weapons as a whole have an unfair status application advantage, while shotguns have been capped, that's the lever that needs to be pulled, not the single weapon that's most representative of the real problem. 

The only reason to think it would get a nerf is if DE suddenly decides to start balancing our gear for the sake of balance or it's getting overused to an insane degree.

Though if they did decide it needed one then my guess would be a hit to its range, max target bounces, or its crit multiplier.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Beam weapons as a whole have an unfair status application advantage

How? They all work like bullet based weapons since the beam-changes when it comes to status application, they even have a downside in not being able to utilize multishot to proc extra statuses since the stat works differently on beam weapons.

As for Kuva Nukor getting nerfed? I doubt it, it is a good secondary but it is nowhere near pre-nerf Catchmoon for room clearing. It has limited range and requires ramp up. I'm more inclined to say that other beam-chain weapons should be buffed closer to Kuva Nukor's level. Not positively current versions of them, but incase they make "lich" weapons out of more of them, like a possible Amprex in the upcoming Corpus "lich" expansion, or a future Atomos for Kuva Liches.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Battle.Mage said:

and I don't think much of the ridiculous nerfs either. this is a game for causal people!

if warframe was for the casual players then why do they put insanely high build requirements for HEMA and 100x health squad pizzas in clan dojos?   unrealisticly high numbers even for shadow clans, also  noone uses shotguns anymore since they nerfed shotgun status 

Edited by Deejudanne
  • Like 1

I doubt Kuva Nukor would get touched, and IMO the Lich weapons should be powerful considering the grind to get them, not to mention the 5 forma they take up just to obtain all their MR.

however, one thing that can't be ruled out are weapons being nerfed due to fundamental changes to their damage types. so while Kuva Nukor's stats might stay the same, if DE were to nerf radiation damage, it would of course have a major knock-on effect to the Nukor, and other weapons. my money is on Viral being looked at when they start "revising" warframe again.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

How? They all work like bullet based weapons since the beam-changes when it comes to status application, they even have a downside in not being able to utilize multishot to proc extra statuses since the stat works differently on beam weapons.

Multishot gives status chance to beam weapons now. This change was stealth introduced with the Deadlock Protocol update. It’s easy to see too. Use a rank 4 barrel diffusion with no other mods on a kuva nukor and every tick will proc a status.

Edited by (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom
  • Like 2

It has good clearspeed and is one of the better ranged weapons for SP.  It is way better with proper aiming, it's a weapon with high crit multiplier and now crit chance, in SP you don't use it randomly, you hit the heavy unit in the head with it and it will kill everything at once. Before SP content, it is still silly strong.

There are no real better secondaries atm I feel like. It outclasses a tombfinger with a 90%ish perfect riven without any. (the tombfinger has more range obviously). Overall as it chains while doing high damage it is probably the weapon with the biggest utility/clear/ease of use vs dmg ratio in the entire game.

The argument "CO" doesn't work, you don't need pistols to proc CO, it is absolutely stupid trying to stack CO on things when you are hitting with stuffs that hit several time a second, it's loosing damage to get damage, it's maybe niche very late into endurance runs, but it's folklore.

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 2

Hopefully they recognize that it's a symptom and tool of the melee meta + kitguns getting their dispo slammed into the basement rather than its own problem as I quite like my jokey crit Nukor build and wouldn't like to see my Crit Damage riven for it get hit by a dispo change.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

used to be, but it's been determined more recently that Continuous Weapons get more benefit out of Multi-Shot than any others, currently. 

for some more details, some extra testing was done here due to being brought up & kinda requested, to give data to prove the existence plus trying to reverse engineer what the actual cause was.

sorry that you'll have to sort through a bit of whining in the Thread, while some of the rest of us were trying to perform science. but it's there anyways.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

Yeah, then DE can make a new weapon, THE UNICYCLE! It has the word "balance" on the wheel and as you zoom past and crush and grind all enemies into the dirt instantly without any mods, the word "balance" gets stuck on their remains.

Edited by (PS4)Yggranya