Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Nukor Future Balancing Predictions

kwlingo

10 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

Prediction: DE will utterly trash it like they did with Catchmoon, turning it into absolute MR garbage, and they'll do this while introducing a new secondary that does everything it does but better. Ultimately, none of this will matter anyway, because anything is competitive on the regular starchart, and nothing but melee and frame abilities is competitive on the steel path starchart due to the complete busted scaling.

People playing the hard mode will just become even more melee focused, or not notice anything changed at all, people who don't care about Steel Path (the vast majority of people) will just switch to the new FOTM, and the pointless nerf cycle will continue onwards as it always has. DE will permanently lose a small hunk of players (the people who actually cared about the weapon), but will immediately regain the people who quit through various promotional services and content designed to attract new players with short attention spans.

It's a stable system of dysfunctionality.

The catchmoon isn't trash, you're just unable to use anything except overpowered meta.

23 hours ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Multishot gives status chance to beam weapons now. This change was stealth introduced with the Deadlock Protocol update. It’s easy to see too. Use a rank 4 barrel diffusion with no other mods on a kuva nukor and every tick will proc a status.

12 hours ago, taiiat said:

used to be, but it's been determined more recently that Continuous Weapons get more benefit out of Multi-Shot than any others, currently. 

for some more details, some extra testing was done here due to being brought up & kinda requested, to give data to prove the existence plus trying to reverse engineer what the actual cause was.

sorry that you'll have to sort through a bit of whining in the Thread, while some of the rest of us were trying to perform science. but it's there anyways.

That must have slipped passed me completely. Good to know.

On 2020-11-02 at 7:31 PM, IIDMOII said:

I think it's range being forgiving and the chain effect ignoring geometry is the crux of the issue. 

Nerf it too hard and it would diminish the reason to get it though. 

I agree with everything you said. I'd be ok with a nerf to "ignoring geometry," because the fact that it can chain to enemies above and below where you intentionally shoot is probably overkill. 

I love the kuva nukor, but this element does make it ridiculous, lol. Even if they couldn't change this, limiting the number of chains it has to living enemies might be helpful in balance.

I think it's range being forgiving and the chain effect ignoring geometry is the crux of the issue. 

I agree with everything you said. I'd be ok with a nerf to "ignoring geometry," because the fact that it can chain to enemies above and below where you intentionally shoot is probably overkill. 

I love the kuva nukor, but this element does make it ridiculous, lol. Even if they couldn't change this, limiting the number of chains it has to living enemies might be helpful in balance.

Il y a 4 heures, Grave.Knight a dit :

If they break the Kuva Nukor people will likely just switch over to the Kuva Kohm which has even higher stat stack potential.

These weapons are nothing alike.

Honestly if they nerf kuva nukor it's not a big deal but it will make the game even more reliant on frame powers and melee. It is the only "practical" ranged weapon in the game atm, also there needs to be payoffs for kuva liches. Now with the corpus liches we are likely to get a new amprex and other things that may get on par or better than it. When I mean practical I don't mean useable, lots of weapons are viable however they do not compete wich makes them obsolete, sometimes flavorfull or fun to use certainly, but still subpar.

1 hour ago, Galuf said:

These weapons are nothing alike.

I agree that Kuva Nukor and Kuva Kohm are entirely different weapons but I think they were just talking about using them as utility weapons to prime for Condition Overload. If that's the case, there isn't really any difference since they can be used in the exact same way to accomplish the same thing. You can get 10x stacks of viral and 4-5 other status effects on a pack of enemies very quickly before you melee. 

Archived