Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

losing forma's and other bugs

Hurricane28

Hi all, 

I have weird issues with the game lately and i don't know how to solve them or even adres them.

I keep losing forma and the game just feels very laggy at times, eidolon hunting is a nightmare due to bugs and lag. 

Yesterday i had 2 formas ready to use but when i login today they both were gone... How is this possible?! never seen anything like this. Something wrong with the game itself? Maybe my account? 

Here are my specs: 

AMD R5 3600 4.4 Ghz

G.Skill 3600 CL16 16 GB

Asus RTX 2060

Asus crosshair 7 wifi x470 

Internet 1Gbs up and down. No package loss or any other issue related to my internet. No high ping or packageloss nothing. 

windows 10 latest updates, no corruption nothing and everything is up to date.

you're sure you had the formas really 'build'? or did you only had the blueprints of them? is one forma (build) maybe still in your foundry?

about the booster, when did you bought it (time)? and when did you checked it up again (time too)? since the time is running from the second you bought it regardless of you being online or not... sure, 3 days should include monday too then but maybe you forgot that you bought it on friday? also, check your ammount of platinum - if there was some issue, maybe the transaction was reversed (and thus your platinum should be back again). or maybe you didn't finish the transaction in the market and it never bought at all.

as for the lagging with your specs, i would seriously check on two possibilities:

a) check if you gpu and also the cpu are running hot while playing and thus being reduced in power-consumption (to prevent a burn out or crashing the system) - any kind of program that read out the temperatur infos from the sensors can tell you if that is the case.

b) check your system for maleware that is using your computing power - don't just go checking with a look in your process list (those programs will hide themself) and don't trust an AV running on your system OS (if compromized, not only this AV already failed once, but usually is rendered inoperable by maleware). test it by creating a bootable stick/disc with a clean OS like linux and have an AV running there with the newest version - this is by far the best way to make sure your rig isn't infested... ofc, you could just go and freshly put windows on your computer, but that might be a wast of time (except if you have a ready backup of a fresh and clean windows OS at hand).

there is also something that can make mission laggy when you're a client to a host that uses a wireless uplink (the connection from the host privat network to their ISP) - especially the older 3G and 4G (but i suspect the 5G will be no different in this either) are often problematic for real-time applications (like a game) when the uplink-point is in a dense populated area where many other will use the same uplink-point too (aka: the antenna on the roof of some higher building). the hosts themselfs usually don't notice this problems, maybe only that the clients seems to have 'problems' or moving strangely... or if they start complaining about the quality of connection (high pings can be present then, but can also be totally ok). you can 'spot' such hosts by watching the ping closely, it tends to fluctuating enorm at times, and then will be fine again for a while. the reason why such connections are bad stem from the protocol they use and the 'sharing' as well as the 'priotizing' of an uplink-node - they are after all build for mobile connections and not for gaming or anything other real-time (even video-call can suck badly at times with them). on top of that, the age-old p2p connection technology warframe and especially the 'udp' protocol in use (which lack any kind of correction for packets lost or incoming in incorrect order) can produce such lagging effects and even those 'teleporting' players or enemies we sure have notice at times.

Hi, thank you for your answer.

Yes, one was ready to use and i had 2 blueprints.. The one that was ready to use is lost.. this happened twice. 

Idk the time when i bought the booster, all i know is that it lasted 2 days instead of 3. The booster was bought yes and i had enough platinum otherwise i wasn't able to buy it in the first place. 

I have water cooling so over heating is not the problem. I am in the tech business for a long time so i ruled out the obvious like temps and back ground programs. 

I am using hwinfo64 to monitor my system and it never had any issues with it, i turned it off but makes no difference. Its not always lagging though, most of the time the game is running very smooth which is to be expected with my hardware. 

What do you mean by 3G, 4G and 5G? I am on fiber 1000-1000 MB/s connection with CAT6 cables.. I also have an Netgear XR500 gaming router to make sure to have the best connection possible. This game is P2P which is always problematic, especially when host migration occurs. 

This is the router im using: https://www.netgear.nl/gaming/xr500/

I have 2 monitors, one i can monitor my system and the other one IPS panel im gaming on.  

Weird is also that i got an warning message for being rude in chat...?! All i did was pointing guys in the correct direction in arbitration as they had no clue how it works... now my in game chat is suspended for no reason as i wasn't rude at all.. 

10 hours ago, Hurricane28 said:

Yes, one was ready to use and i had 2 blueprints.. The one that was ready to use is lost.. this happened twice. 

hmm, only thing else i could think of is when you build either something that needed a forma (most of the dojo research things need one to build), doing some dojo renovations (about every extra room and corridor cost also one forma) or maybe you build one of those exilus adapter and didn't noticed that they cost 2 formas and not one.

Idk the time when i bought the booster, all i know is that it lasted 2 days instead of 3. The booster was bought yes and i had enough platinum otherwise i wasn't able to buy it in the first place. 

i really think that you're mistaken with the time you bought it, simply because otherwise that would be the very first time i heard of booster ending too early - not impossible, sure, but even for bugframe this would be a new one ^^)

I have water cooling so over heating is not the problem. I am in the tech business for a long time so i ruled out the obvious like temps and back ground programs. 

ok, then let rule out the reasons many people sadly outright ignore (the maleware not the overheating which i wouldn't blame any non it people for not understanding)

as for 3G, 4G and 5G, i guess those terms are not in use everwhere - they are the used 'wireless' standarts and mostly differ from oneanother only by the used frequencies and thus the data troughput (also how big the 'cells' can be, but that's beside the point). if you use a cable uplink (dsl or cable) then it's at least not on your side what i said about those lags but it still could be the host you're connected to. like i said, the host usually don't even notice the problem (beside some clients blaming him for it or if the clients seemingly have some problems with stuff like doors, picking up or activating things and such things).

if you have this issues when you're the host or even if you're playing alone/solo then there has to be some other reason to it. since your hardware specs are far above what warframe requires and thus should have no visual problems even at the highest settings, it could be due to the video drivers too - you might want to play around with either newer, even beta drivers for your card or older ones and see if there is a change to the problem. a word of warning though: a recent nvidia driver version (and likely older ones from that one too) had some serious security issues, so better look that up first if you want to keep such older driver running (testing with them shouldn't be a big problem though).

ah, there could be also the problem of slow and likely fragmented hdd - though i guess you already though of that angle or use a ssd or even a nvm over pci-e (the damn best for privat use, imo). if not, best suggestion i can give is running the game (any games at all and most other software beside the OS) from a seperate and fast drive and have it regulary defragmentated too - running it on the same drive as your operating system is always an unnecessary 'bottle neck' and in case of the clasic hdd's, lead to fragmentation very fast.

11 hours ago, Hurricane28 said:

I have 2 monitors, one i can monitor my system and the other one IPS panel im gaming on.  

hmm, i also have two screens in operation and did notice that is can influnce the performance  at times (running the game borderless btw, because fullscreen let it cras far more often for some silly reasons of illigal opcodes from the game engine to the gpu (at least that's what windows claim to be the reason then...). i also got this smallish performance drop when the 2nd screen off - only if i plug the connection to the card it's gone... but then again, it's small and your card is far more powerfull than mine and this shouldn't be the reason for it - still, can't hurt to do a quick test here, right?

ah, one last though: is your RTX card running in boost-mode? most cards nowaday does this automatically without the user every have to bother with the 'overlocking' (which it still is technically). problem is, warframe really don't like the gpu being oc'ed, never had. from the about one dozent cards i used over the years playing warframe (all either had such booster included or the oldest ones of them i oc'ed myself) only one card ever did not caused problems with the game... so i would always recommend that if some irregularities happen in the game (crashes or visual issues) is to disable any kind overclocking on the card, which sadly isn't often easy to do, especially for people who don't know anything about where and how to do this. anyway, you might want at least test this out on your rig, it might just be the reason.

11 hours ago, Hurricane28 said:

Weird is also that i got an warning message for being rude in chat...?! All i did was pointing guys in the correct direction in arbitration as they had no clue how it works... now my in game chat is suspended for no reason as i wasn't rude at all.. 

if you get such message from any other player and don't think you've been rude, ignor it - some people are just wimps by nature and/or have 'strange' cultural upbringings ^^)

if you get such from the DE-chat bot (only in open chats like relay, trade, etc) you better listen if you don't want to get a timed chat-ban - no point in arguing with the overzealous bots (and neither to any DE staff since they can be just the same ^^)

I hear ya. 

Well, i encounter many bugs lately in this game man.. idk what is going on but something is not right. 

Problems with matchmaking, host migrations are better now but i can't see, to find people lots of times. 

Weapons appear to be maxxed out but arent after mission is finished lol. In fisher missions not enough radiant stuff is spawning so i can open my relic etc. 

I hope they fix these issus ASAP.

1 hour ago, Hurricane28 said:

Weapons appear to be maxxed out but arent after mission is finished lol. 

That sounds like a Dojo bug and should be fixed when you go back to orbiter.

1 hour ago, Hurricane28 said:

In fisher missions not enough radiant stuff is spawning so i can open my relic etc. 

This one sounds like you guys are killing too fast (odd feature I know) and the enemies are not getting corrupted or you joined the mission late. As for the other issues like items and buffs disappearing or performance issues, I haven't heard or experience anything like that yet.

killing too fast? Never had this before man. 

The game is just very buggy lately.. I can't even finish an vault run on demos without being bugged because or people are leaving and host migration etc. etc. 

Today i leveled some weapons and at the end of the run i saw that my weapon was at rank 25. When i start next mission i saw that the same weapon was only at rank 20...so 5 levels are just gone?! 

Seriously, i am not the only one with these issues but maybe i'm the one that adresses them instead of quitting the game.. 

Its not my PC nor my internet connection as i have an 3K PC system which is almost new and nothing is broken, corrupt or anything.

I even use an netgear XR500 gaming router which is made for games like this and it still won't run nicely... 

What else do i need to do here? I just want to play the game but the game simply won't let me for some reason. 

About the disappearing Forma: Did you by any chance got, uh, "gifted" Forma by another player? If DE suspects real money trade they take back the Forma you still have, and if you used up some (so you're in the negative so to speak) they wait until you get more forma, either through buying, gifting or building and take that away, too, until you made up for the suspected trade. Literally the same concept as negative plat and they do it with forma, potatos, exilus etc etc but they don't do it without warning 😉

About radiant stuff: Like the other guy said you either connected too late or your team was too fast. Enemies only have a chance to drop it after all, and if you finish the mission objective too fast before you get enough spawns that actually drop 10 of them that's on your team, not on the game.

Host migrations: Yeah that's S#&$, nobody likes them but it's how the game works. The problem is usually the host leaving or disconnecting, so if you don't want that to happen play with friends or check settings, I think there is a way to force yourself to be host in pug matchmaking.

I've honestly rarely experienced game breaking bugs and I've been playing since steam release many years ago. More often than not it's my fault if something isn't working right, and the few bugs that literally gamebreaking get fixed quite quickly.

No i bought the forma myself. 

I know how it works, there just weren't enough radiant seeds or whatever they are called.. 

Look, i am having issues and i know for 100% its not me man. Today i have had so much issues and bugs that its not even funny anymore.. I almost can't even finish an demos vault run or do sanctuary onslaught without being disconnected to the host or have massive lag as in high ping and its not me who has the high ping as im on 1000/1000 MB/s fiber connection with my gaming router. 

How can i come in contact with someone of DE to discuss this as this is not funny anymore man.. I talked to a lot of people who have the same issue.

Is there no way to contact the developer? I'm seeing weird stuff man and i want to know if its my PC or the game.. 

today as well, can't do damage to the profit taker at al with chroma while my build and weapons are very good.. 

I want to know what is causing these bugs. 

On 2020-11-12 at 11:53 AM, Hurricane28 said:

Problems with matchmaking, host migrations are better now but i can't see, to find people lots of times.

i play nearly every day at least for an hour and can say that there are no more than the usual matchmaking problems are present - the reasons for those are also usually poor connections to the host and/or bad timing (giving you the 'session is already full' message, meaning someone else who also looked for a match was faster getting in). host migrations seems to happen more than before, but with one exception: the new host seems to be one of team, and not the old host being 'lost' - this might be a attempt to choose the best possible host by DE and this happens usually right during the loading of the mission or right after, not so much later on (since that would be severly contra productive).

if you keep getting such issues and your privat network and windows settings are to blame for it, i would think you should take a good look at your ISP for it might be that they can't give you the stable connection they promised - or there is something else interfering between your network and the uplink-point (strong electromagnetic sources, for example, or some cable or plugs that are not sufficiently isolated against EM-radiation. sometimes i find the problem with one little plug or adapter being the reason for connection trouble (especially if the cables used where done 'manually' like it was common years ago or the ones in use lack the EM-shielding for our modern communication tech). it might not even be in your own network, but on some router at the uplink-point where some technican used an old, poor shielded rj45 cable in a switch - the damn thing looks alike afterall and the very short one sometimes lack the description on them... or they are just faulty produced...

anyway, if this is a problem that occures even outside warframe (other games, or real-time applications like video calls), you might want to ask your ISP-support to analyze the networking toward your privat net.

On 2020-11-15 at 1:04 PM, Hurricane28 said:

killing too fast? Never had this before man. 

oh yes, this can still happen in those low-level regions (mainly for lith relics) and if you are either playing solo (which reduces the amount of spawns overall) or are in a team who kills them too fast (hello nuker-frames!) and thus might end up not getting enough reactants. in endless type missions, you can run out of time (survival) or spawns (defense/interception) when near the end of an round. don't forget that a fissure in vicinity of a 'normal' enemy or group will corrupt them too, and thus being a major source for reactants... if those 'normal' ones get killed before that happens, you might end up exactly the way you described. i only ever had this in lith runs and maybe in some lower meso ones, and usually when a nuker was present (me or others) who went a bit overboard ^^)

On 2020-11-16 at 4:09 AM, Uriel-Sol said:

About the disappearing Forma: Did you by any chance got, uh, "gifted" Forma by another player? If DE suspects real money trade they take back the Forma you still have, and if you used up some (so you're in the negative so to speak) they wait until you get more forma, either through buying, gifting or building and take that away, too, until you made up for the suspected trade. Literally the same concept as negative plat and they do it with forma, potatos, exilus etc etc but they don't do it without warning 

even if they would do that, they would tell the user they done this - but i strongly doubt this since they would need to have prove of such, not just a 'feeling'... otherwise they would legaly operate in dangerous waters - even in canada ^^)   and forget about any notions of 'my game, my rules' - those don't hold in court anymore and companies got sued for less things already.

9 hours ago, Hurricane28 said:

I also meet A LOT of salty and terrible people these days... for no reason they start to swear, quit are just being jerks for no reason... 

in my experience there are few of such people in warframe but ofc, i could be a 'local' thing (idk, on what server you play) - europe and the american servers are usually friendly (with occasionally arseheads present ofc, you can't prevent that). it also might be a thing of your perspective, meaning that they just react to your behaviour even if you don't think you are rude in the first place. not everyone has the same view on jokes or it might be due to lingual or cultural differences

Archived