Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Division And Lack Of Individual Importance.

ForgemasterHD

I'd like to thank DE for dividing our clan's 18 active members (Out of the 40 we had previously, before burnout. That is another topic) Into 7 Grineer and 7 Corpus, with 4 flip-flopping. We were hoping to get a score on the leaderboards this time, but since our clan has pretty much been nullified. We Don't know why we bother. So again, thank you, DE for dividing our clan with this stupid event, and frustrating everyone who participates from my clan.

Passive aggressive rant out of the way...

Individual importance. Absent at this event. That's it. What it comes down to is who are the Moon clans (most active members) at large choosing to win. That's it. If you are in a small clan, or are soloing things without a clan, and you want to a new weapon, choose the winning side, and support them. I hope your side wins, because if you fight for that side 100 times, you may* Get their shiny new toy. If the side you are going for looses,  that sucks to be you because you just wasted all of that time for a weapon you didn't want. I wish DE would wouldnt have done this. Furthermore, for balance keepers, it's ironic that we have to choose a side.

/endrant

What I am trying to say here is I want the Machete Wraith (Which is rumored to be the first good melee weapon in the game that Doesn't require charge to be viable!) and the Corpus heavy pistol, but If the Corpus lose, then I <<<<PROBABLY>>>> get a machete blueprint and a Brakk(?) bp.

I only want one of those, and I haven't heard what happens if you support both sides equally (besides shooting your clan's score in the back) so I'm not willing to dump 200 missions for this event. 

TL;DR: This event's clan division and reward system are sloppily thought out and poorly explained. I feel no want to grind for either side If I feel it won't be worth my time.

Should have come to a consensus or work things out.  Why blame DE for a small clan not able to work together or find a common goal?

Thanks Obama!

I'm blaming DE for not giving more warning about what might happen if members did both missions.

Furthermore, Many in our clan who sided with grineer did so for the blatantly better rewards at the beginning. They had no way of knowing that their actions were hurting the clan because nothing is stated in-game. 

Besides, those that are active hardly ever talk to anyone but the leader himself, and he wasn't on.

I'd like to thank DE for dividing our clan's 18 active members (Out of the 40 we had previously, before burnout. That is another topic) Into 7 Grineer and 7 Corpus, with 4 flip-flopping. We were hoping to get a score on the leaderboards this time, but since our clan has pretty much been nullified. We Don't know why we bother. So again, thank you, DE for dividing our clan with this stupid event, and frustrating everyone who participates from my clan.

Passive aggressive rant out of the way...

Individual importance. Absent at this event. That's it. What it comes down to is who are the Moon clans (most active members) at large choosing to win. That's it. If you are in a small clan, or are soloing things without a clan, and you want to a new weapon, choose the winning side, and support them. I hope your side wins, because if you fight for that side 100 times, you may* Get their shiny new toy. If the side you are going for looses,  that sucks to be you because you just wasted all of that time for a weapon you didn't want. I wish DE would wouldnt have done this. Furthermore, for balance keepers, it's ironic that we have to choose a side.

/endrant

What I am trying to say here is I want the Machete Wraith (Which is rumored to be the first good melee weapon in the game that Doesn't require charge to be viable!) and the Corpus heavy pistol, but If the Corpus lose, then I <<<<PROBABLY>>>> get a machete blueprint and a Brakk(?) bp.

I only want one of those, and I haven't heard what happens if you support both sides equally (besides shooting your clan's score in the back) so I'm not willing to dump 200 missions for this event. 

TL;DR: This event's clan division and reward system are sloppily thought out and poorly explained. I feel no want to grind for either side If I feel it won't be worth my time.

The clan complaint was valid, but the complaint about not losing not netting you what you wanted... Why should you get what you didn't win?

The clan complaint was valid, but the complaint about not losing not netting you what you wanted... Why should you get what you didn't win?

I hate how we can't preserve a balance.

We are supposed to be balance-keepers, yet we are being ushered to chose sides. It's different than what we were told.

The clan thing is really my big issue, it's just the wave of disappointment that this event has brought on is making me view things, everything, in a nasty light.

I hate how we can't preserve a balance.

We are supposed to be balance-keepers, yet we are being ushered to chose sides. It's different than what we were told.

The clan thing is really my big issue, it's just the wave of disappointment that this event has brought on is making me view things, everything, in a nasty light.

Well, assuming Lore...if we did intervene in the situation by assaulting both without care, that'd just make them deem us a significantly bigger target, create a better deal, and etc. Then we die horribly. Doing so in a sort of Switzerland-y way, no one will want to F*** with us, because we can simply be bought off their &amp;#&#33; for a few minutes.

solution, don't talk about your choice with your clan

I am going with my clan's choice. Also I happen to like and respect my clan's decisions, and when the rest of our merry band does too, but continues to harm us without a proper heads-up, that irks me.

Well, assuming Lore...if we did intervene in the situation by assaulting both without care, that'd just make them deem us a significantly bigger target, create a better deal, and etc. Then we die horribly. Doing so in a sort of Switzerland-y way, no one will want to F*** with us, because we can simply be bought off their &amp;#&#33; for a few minutes.

So can we tell Steve/Scott to stop telling us to keep a balance, or be protectors of the balance, if we are not going to actually attempting to actively hinder either side?

Edited by ForgemasterHD

Find a better clan that is willing to organize better and read patch notes. I mean yeah the bigger clans are deciding factors in this event, but you have to understand not many game companies do this. I quite enjoy not knowing what will happen in this event. The choice between saving your fellow Tenno or not allowing the Grineer to gain more power. I chose to save my fellow at arms because it is more morale than letting them get dissected, also we can just straight out blast Grineer anyways once they gain what little power they achieve once they hopefully win this event. I mean I don't really see why anyone would choose corpus besides what silly item we would get. I would much rather see what lore we would get if we save our allies at the cost of letting the Grineer gain more power. Also the idea of being peace keepers, we have no info on what will happen once we help out either side. It's a do or die situation that can only be told through action not waiting till we know what consequence will be thrown our way. I mean if we knew what would happen after we chose a side then people would flock to the better ending solution right off the bat without any care in the world. This is how certain situations tend to be in real life, when we don't really know what will happen once we choose a side. What is really the greater evil? How can we tell. This is all we have. No other information is given to us. Choose Loyalty, and side with the Grineer to destroy Corpus forces and free your kin. Choose Sacrifice, siding with Corpus to halt the Grineer conquest and enslavement of colonies.

Edited by Geneticfate

So can we tell Steve/Scott to stop telling us to keep a balance, or be protectors of the balance, if we are not going to actually attempting to actively hinder either side?

Ok, yeah that is a big point.

The clan rankings and goals are at odds with the way the event has been designed.

I am going with my clan's choice. Also I happen to like and respect my clan's decisions, and when the rest of our merry band does too, but continues to harm us without a proper heads-up, that irks me.

Well that's your problem right there, too many followers and not enough independent thinkers. 

Edited by pariahlord

anyone would have already realized by now that the only thing Tenno care of is loot.

That's relatively common in games, player is a self-entitled egoistic A******, and the game does its damn best down to looking totally silly to try to justify his actions and make him look like a valiant hero.

I'm blaming DE for not giving more warning about what might happen if members did both missions.

Furthermore, Many in our clan who sided with grineer did so for the blatantly better rewards at the beginning. They had no way of knowing that their actions were hurting the clan because nothing is stated in-game. 

Besides, those that are active hardly ever talk to anyone but the leader himself, and he wasn't on.

1. The post about the event describes what happens if you do both side within a clan.

2. Do not blame DE for you not talking to your clan.

3. Again, dont blame DE for your clan having bad communication.