DirectX 12 Beta Support: Is Now Live!

WAR-2976015

Just solo-mining in vallis with zephyr, game froze and (eventually) quit to bug reporter. Never been an issue (in vallis or otherwise) in dx11, happened a few hours after switching to dx12 beta.

Also noticing a lot of the JIT shader-compilation mini-freezes, but hopefully that'll get ironed out.

Edited by RoadCrewWorker

WAR-2976715

Crashed when tried to exit the game..

After playing the game for 10 minutes or so there is very little stutter and longer played no stutter at all.

Actually the Eye Candy is amazing in 4K.  will take some getting used to..

sure all will get even better in time

Thanks You DE

Mike  (groundpounder55)

On 2020-11-26 at 12:32 PM, Raezor_7091 said:

Is the beta DX12 support limited only on some cards? my card (GTX 650ti) supports DX12 but there is no option for DX12 in the launcher

Same with my GTX 660. There is no DX12 option in the launcher.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Javrendei said:

Same with my GTX 660. There is no DX12 option in the launcher.

On 2020-11-26 at 11:32 AM, Raezor_7091 said:

Is the beta DX12 support limited only on some cards? my card (GTX 650ti) supports DX12 but there is no option for DX12 in the launcher

Your graphic cards support DX 12, but look like only some basic features, which can cause problems 

Just Tested Direct X 12 (beta) and the game is completely unplayable. I get lag in the orbiter immediately when loading into the game. I tried one mission on Earth and the lag was so horrendous I had to ALT+F4 the game. Game is running at 165FPS at 1440p. Currently running a Ryzen 3600, RTX 2080 Super, 32GB 3200MHz RAM. Please Advise.

Edited by VerbalNinja
8 hours ago, VerbalNinja said:

Just Tested Direct X 12 (beta) and the game is completely unplayable. I get lag in the orbiter immediately when loading into the game. I tried one mission on Earth and the lag was so horrendous I had to ALT+F4 the game. Game is running at 165FPS at 1440p. Currently running a Ryzen 3600, RTX 2080 Super, 32GB 3200MHz RAM. Please Advise.

Optimizing shaders, i didnt tested DX 12 yet, so dont know if there is visual clue about it

the dx12 in my pc is having too many stutterings, have too many frame drops in any sittuations, i tested in orb vallis and my 1% was in 5/3 fps and i have 60fps droping for 30 constantly, its unplayeable because of the stutterings, in dx11 i have an average of 144fps

my configs:

ryzen 5 3400g, gtx 1660, 16ram

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Myscho said:

Optimizing shaders, i didnt tested DX 12 yet, so dont know if there is visual clue about it

I've check if all my driver are up to date and they are as well as Windows 10 itself. Just going to have to see how they fix it. Nice to see I'm not the only one though I was worried at first!

3 minutes ago, VerbalNinja said:

I've check if all my driver are up to date and they are as well as Windows 10 itself. Just going to have to see how they fix it. Nice to see I'm not the only one though I was worried at first!

Will be great if is there any optimizing running backround to get UI notification, same as have Horizon Zero Dawn

k drive orb valis , just hitting another beacon

WAR-2977591

k drive orb valis , just hitting another beacon - second time , same route

from start kdrive race bit south to left, from mountain , to valley

WAR-2977591

and with screenshot where it happens

https://imgur.com/a/TFH4CXQ

#1 = race  spot

#2 = just a few meter before the crash , did not jump / hit beacon

WAR-2977591

reproducible . (also without race.)

WAR-2977591

WAR-2977693

No crashes, but this is a reproducible problem:

TYPE: In game
DESCRIPTION: VSync "caps" GPU utilization at 55%, severely limiting performance. DX11 uses as much of my 1070 as it can to hit 60FPS, and then triggers dynamic resolution. DX12 doesn't go beyond 55% GPU utilization and locks me down to 30FPS whenever it can't sustain 60FPS. Dynamic resolution doesn't seem to be triggering.  

VISUAL: Format -- GPU / Temp (Celsius)  / Utilization % / Memory usage %

1/3 -- DX11 Vsync ON 3840x2160 (71/98/46)

waDvL5M.jpg

2/3 -- DX12 Vsync ON 3840x2160 (65/51/39)

DlANL2Z.jpg

3/3 -- DX12 Vsync OFF 3840x2160 (70/99/47)

dpaS5hO.jpg

REPRODUCTION: Enable Vsync when DX12 mode is active at 3840x2160 native full screen (Refresh rate 60Hz). Other settings used: Nvidia control panel VSYNC mode: FAST, triple buffering is ON, Enhanced graphics engine is active, dynamic resolution is active (Auto).
EXPECTED RESULT: DX12 VSYNC should not cap GPU utilization.
OBSERVED RESULT: Severe performance degradation due to GPU utilization cap when DX12 Vsync is enabled. 
REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% reproduction rate. Disabling Vsync in DX12 or switching back to DX11 corrects the issue without further changes; turning it back on with DX12 locks me down to 30FPS unless I move my camera to spot where nothing is seen. Issue is seen with Vsync modes "On" and "Auto".

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

I'm noticing that every time I let the game rebuild shaders, then restart the game, I get bad stuttering again (presumably because its re-compiling shaders again). I understand the basics of how shader cache works but I think something is broken...

Edited by Lolacrayola
6 hours ago, Lolacrayola said:

I'm noticing that every time I let the game rebuild shaders, then restart the game, I get bad stuttering again (presumably because its re-compiling shaders again). I understand the basics of how shader cache works but I think something is broken...

Try deleting the shader cache for erase the DX11 shaders, for me works very well.

On 2020-11-26 at 5:49 AM, -_WidePlay_- said:

I was almost not using such an amazing feature. I was testing and every time I was with great lag, and crashes when I entered a mission, I decided to delete every cache in: C:ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache

The first time I loaded the orbital and Deimos, I still felt small crashes, only the cache being saved, right after I went to Deimos. After saving the cache of these maps, now it's running totally well, with a gain of more than 80fps

Guys try this, for radeon the only diference is the way of remove the cache, in the radon graphic options selec restarting shader cache.

I had an issue tonight using DX12 where I entered a room in Corpus Gas City and FPS dropped to literally 2FPS lol. It stayed like that until I managed to abort mission, and then it went back to normal. There's a lot of stuff in the logs like this:

822.902 Sys [Error]: Could not use entity: /Lotus/Levels/Doors/DoorFrameNavMeshVolume (broken)
822.902 Sys [Error]: Required by object /Lotus/Levels/CorpusGasCityRemaster/GasConnector14Alt/Scope
822.902 Sys [Error]: Could not use entity: /Lotus/Levels/Doors/DoorFrameNavMeshVolume (broken)
822.902 Sys [Error]: Required by object /Lotus/Levels/CorpusGasCityRemaster/GasConnector14Alt/Scope

Could that be DX12 related?