Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Either fix Orb Mother missions or remove them from the Nightwave mission pool

(XBOX)PlayzWithYarn

For the love of all that is Holy and right, please get someone to fix the Profit Taker and the Exploiter Orb Mother missions! They are unplayable in their current state. They crash the game completely and dump you back out to the console dashboard. This has been going on for over a year and it is only getting worse. We never see any response to this issue. It is never discussed during the Devstreams. People have stopped running these missions because of this. This appears to be headed in the direction of The Conclave. As I understand it, The Conclave was so bugged for so long the community abandoned it.. If there is no intention of fixing this issue or if the Devs cannot fix the issue, these missions should be dropped from the Elite Weekly pool of missions. As a Senior Software Developer, it is clear to me that a memory boundary is being exceeded and other areas of memory are being stomped on. The cause is clear. I know that such problems are difficult to isolate but someone needs to get a good memory analysis tool and crush this bug because it is killing the desire to run these missions. When they run right, they are fun to run and very rewarding. As they stand, they are more trouble than they are worth. Please have the Devs speak to this on the next Devstream so the community knows it is not being ignored.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)PlayzWithYarn said:

In fact, remove all Orb Vallis missions until the memory issue is fixed. I can understand an occasional crash, but every single time I go out into the Vallis? Fix it or take it offline until it is fixed. This is infuriating!

If you do that, you'll also be missing out on some of the gems/minerals from Deimos.

Considering you can still pick up an unfinishable Bolarola conservation that takes you into the Exploiter Orb cave, I wouldn't want to hinge my enjoyment on Fortuna/Vallis.

And it's a dumb question, since you've probably already tried it, but have you considered switching over to whatever passes for potato mode on console?  Assuming you can of course.  As Steve has been playing with more and more graphics settings which might have turned themselves on despite being incompatible with current console hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

This. And especially considering that you need gravimag parts (don't remember which one specifically) in order to build the Xaku chassis. People who don't have Vox Solaris leveled enough to just buy them, or who can't solo the missions to get the parts, are basically screwed unless they want to shell out plat for Xaku.
If Orb Vallis and Fortuna things were contained within themselves and we didn't need its resources to fully enjoy all Deimos offers, it wouldn't matter so much. But you do need resources from it, and that's just not okay when the only reliable way to get parts from there is soloing and hoping you don't crash anyways.

Archived