Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Mr. Potato Head... spent 60 minutes shooting him in the face... uselessly.

Argenex

Question

He constantly shoves his face into walls and sits there so I had no choice really than to stand there and hose his face endlessly through the wall. Everytime I got him down to half health he would instantly heal; mind you there were no grineer coming in for him to heal off of.

Spent a whole hour emptying every weapon I had into his face including an arcgun. All he does is suddenly glow blue and heal. I was certain to keep grineer dead and they eventually stopped coming anyway. He still insta-healed.

I don't get it I guess; it's insanely troublesome when he's floating around like a drunk weeble wobble to hit his face when you have severe carpal tunnel, let alone his potato face seems to be damage capped. I tried shooting him directly in the eye with my catchmoon, seemed to be damage capped there.

So how exactly are you supposed to deal with this stupid fight?

(stupid simply because it was stupid years ago, it's still stupid today, and the whole "oh tiny spastically moving weakspot open for a nanosecond but otherwise always invunerable" is the stupidest 'design' ever.)

Am I realistically supposed to slowva him and shoot him in the face with a lanka and a god riven or something?

I just don't get it. I also am wondering exactly where the "fun" in this fight is supposed to be.

5 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Argenex said:

He constantly shoves his face into walls and sits there so I had no choice really than to stand there and hose his face endlessly through the wall. Everytime I got him down to half health he would instantly heal; mind you there were no grineer coming in for him to heal off of.

Spent a whole hour emptying every weapon I had into his face including an arcgun. All he does is suddenly glow blue and heal. I was certain to keep grineer dead and they eventually stopped coming anyway. He still insta-healed.

I don't get it I guess; it's insanely troublesome when he's floating around like a drunk weeble wobble to hit his face when you have severe carpal tunnel, let alone his potato face seems to be damage capped. I tried shooting him directly in the eye with my catchmoon, seemed to be damage capped there.

So how exactly are you supposed to deal with this stupid fight?

(stupid simply because it was stupid years ago, it's still stupid today, and the whole "oh tiny spastically moving weakspot open for a nanosecond but otherwise always invunerable" is the stupidest 'design' ever.)

Am I realistically supposed to slowva him and shoot him in the face with a lanka and a god riven or something?

I just don't get it. I also am wondering exactly where the "fun" in this fight is supposed to be.

Keep in mind that Warframe is a "right tool for the right job" game. If you bring the wrong tools, you will have a difficult time. Generally speaking, when you encounter something difficult and want to ask what you're missing, it's a good idea to mention what you used and how you modded it. This is undoubtedly the place where the problem exists. 

The right tool for this is Banshee, Nyx, or Ash. If you have trouble dodging I suggest Ash so you can use invisibility. Use augment on Banshee / Ash 1 or use Nyx 2 to remove his armor, (make sure your power strength is high enough for 100% removal). Bring a strong crit based weapon modded for blast damage (catchmoon secondary will do fine).

Remove his armor, then hit him hard. 

2 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Keep in mind that Warframe is a "right tool for the right job" game. If you bring the wrong tools, you will have a difficult time. Generally speaking, when you encounter something difficult and want to ask what you're missing, it's a good idea to mention what you used and how you modded it. This is undoubtedly the place where the problem exists. 

The right tool for this is Banshee, Nyx, or Ash. If you have trouble dodging I suggest Ash so you can use invisibility. Use augment on Banshee / Ash 1 or use Nyx 2 to remove his armor, (make sure your power strength is high enough for 100% removal). Bring a strong crit based weapon modded for blast damage (catchmoon secondary will do fine).

Remove his armor, then hit him hard. 

Yea, I normally use Titania on him but I just couldn't make any headway damage-wise at all and it was very frustrating.

My final solution;

Slowva

Lanka (+riven)

Catchmoon

Couldn't get any good shots with the lanka, went with the catchmoon set to corrosive, primed whenever his broadcast started, shot in face.

That did the trick. Thanks guys.

30 minutes ago, Argenex said:

Yea, I normally use Titania on him but I just couldn't make any headway damage-wise at all and it was very frustrating.

My final solution;

Slowva

Lanka (+riven)

Catchmoon

Couldn't get any good shots with the lanka, went with the catchmoon set to corrosive, primed whenever his broadcast started, shot in face.

That did the trick. Thanks guys.

A bit late but you can also try this, works on many other bosses as well, it's just Nyx with enough power strength to strip armour and a gunblade using Naramon focus and spamming primary fire to build combo between broadcasts then hitting him hard with heavy attack when he opens up. Sorry for the blurring in the video, not quite sure what's going on with that.

3 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

A bit late but you can also try this, works on many other bosses as well, it's just Nyx with enough power strength to strip armour and a gunblade using Naramon focus and spamming primary fire to build combo between broadcasts then hitting him hard with heavy attack when he opens up. Sorry for the blurring in the video, not quite sure what's going on with that.

maybe motion blur is on in game which the video editor having trouble keeping up with

Archived