Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Credit relay blessing double dips: It stacks both additively and multiplicatively.

Iterniam

Tested in Profit-Taker, because it's an easy source of a ton of credits with known values and any other credits gained are insignificant enough to not skew the results.

In this album you can see the relevant screenshots.

Without any boosters at all, profit-taker drops 125k credits.

With Chroma's Effigy, that value is doubled to 250k credits.

With a personal credit booster, the value is doubled to 250 or 500k credits at the end of the mission, depending on whether you used Chroma's Effigy or not.

Now let's introduce the relay blessing booster.

The relay blessing booster stacks additively with Chroma's Effigy, so we get 125k * (1 base + .25 relay booster + 1 chroma) = 281.25k credits.

At the end of the mission, the personal credit booster and relay booster are applied again, so we get 125k * (1 base + .25 relay booster + 1 chroma) * 2x personal booster * 1.25x relay booster = 703.125k credits.

This means that the relay booster is a 1.25 * 1.125 = 1.40625x multiplier in this setup, and a 1.5625x multiplier if Chroma weren't inserted in the formula.

The booster should either multiply the end result by 1.25x at the end of the mission, or give an additive buff with Chroma's Effigy. My preference obviously goes to the former, but it's not for me to decide whether it should be additive or multiplicative.

EDIT: I suspect that removing the multiplicative portion would make it not apply to the Index, so it will have to apply at the end of the mission instead or there has to be an exception for Index.

EDIT2: I was asked to confirm whether this is still in the game. I can confirm that as of 25 February 2021, it still provides both an additive (in-game) and multiplicative 25% (post-game) credit buff. Here's an example of me getting exactly 125k * 1.25 * 1.25 credits with only the relay blessing as the active modifier.

9zCsFMY.png

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, Trajectos said:

The official release notes do not confirm that the bonus was intended to be 25%, it may well be that credit bonus specifically was intended to be 40%, in which case there is no bug here.

unknown.png

Every single Blessing is listed in the UI as a 25% bonus. The Credits Blessing is the only one which does not work properly.

What OP described here is in fact a bug. The 40% number you came up with doesn't even check out in math.

15 minutes ago, Trajectos said:

Could you kindly provide the source of this picture? Or if it is a screenshot from the game - steps on how to reproduce it in game.

If you're Mastery Rank 30 this is the screen you have when you Bless a relay.

On 2021-05-12 at 5:50 PM, Trajectos said:

Seems like a minor UI inaccuracy that should read 40% but currently reads 25%, very low priority I would say as doesn't hinder anyone's gameplay to any noticeable extent.

Please just reread the OP. 40% is a fabricated value from yourself which does not check out in math. The problem and calculations are already in this post and the UI is in fact correct. The blessing for Credits is currently an outlier due to poor calculations, and it should be fixed to be the intended 25% bonus.

@Trajectos Let's gather some facts.
• All blessings give 25% of their respective buff.
• The UI for all blessings states that they should give a 25% buff.
• If the credit blessing applies only once, such as in the index because the credits are awarded at the end of the missions, it still gives a 25% buff.
• The math done in the original post is consistent with the in-game finding down to half a credit.

What on earth possesses you to deem it reasonable to assume a flat 40% buff is intended in spite of the above points that indicate otherwise?

Archived