Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What does the quest Necramech drop when you defeat it?

Hayrack

When I defeated Necramech in Heart of Deimos, it dropped some loot, but at the same time Snake disintegrated in mid-air (because, of course) and I didn't pick it up. One of the items was yellow, another one was green, so I assume at least one of them was a rare resource. I wonder, what did it drop?

4 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

Working as intended ™ . Guess I'll have to replay the entire quest again.

Unfortunately the quest is not re-playable.  I wish it was, it's a fun quest.

But I don't think we were supposed to get that drop. Just do the Isolation Vault bounties.

The Necramech you encounter earlier in the quest (the one being controlled by Father) drops an Orokin Orientation Matrix when it dies, so I imagine the rogue Necramech you fight in the quest also drops one. These are drops from enemy Necramechs you fight in Isolation Vault bounties. If you've never done an Isolation Vault, check your inventory. Maybe you have 1 or 2 Orokin Matrices that you got from the quest. I did.

1 hour ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Yh I could swear most quests drops don't actually give you the drop.. I remember.. oof, which quest was it.. the war within. From the.. ugh what's the name.. orvius! Or so xD I'm sorry it's late here lmao 

Anyway, in the quest parts of the weapon dropped from the kuva guards, but after completing it the parts weren't in my inventory.. 

So I just assumed that's intended? Never asked about it though.. 

I got my Orvius parts from the quest so they definitely should have been picked up as loot.

10 hours ago, Hayrack said:

I got my Orvius parts from the quest so they definitely should have been picked up as loot.

Ironically the devs consider you getting those Orvius parts to be a bug

The devs don't like players farming quests that feature rare enemies for those drops -- partly to force us to play the game their way (see also their patches to Eidolons a couple years back) but also so you don't see Grandmother's Necramech dropping rare stuff that you're barred from picking up because of quest mechanics. As such they often patch in special data flags that prevent rare enemies from dropping anything (except ammo) during quest missions. For example, the Grustrag 3 can not drop Brakk parts during the Man Of Few Words quest

If the devs actually see this thread, they will likely patch War Within to prevent Orvius parts from dropping from the Kuva Guardians, and patch Heart of Deimos to prevent Grandmother's Necramech from dropping anything

10 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

D: 

Well.. guess it was a bug then.. I hope.. when I replay some quests (probably before the new war) I'mma keep a close eye on it.. 

I mentioned it before, no matter how long you play a game, you always learn something new. (I said this in another topic)

I thought quest drops don't count as drops.. so I actually didn't bother to pick stuff up in quests or loot containers xD that's a yikes.. oh well.. 

If I understand correctly, you didn't craft this weapon? Try kuva siphon and kuva flood missions. Drop chance is hella low, so I believe there was no other way I could have got all parts so quickly, other than from quest. Beware of the bugs when replaying the quest though, I encountered the second one, which should have been solved long ago, but isn't:

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Ironically the devs consider you getting those Orvius parts to be a bug

The devs don't like players farming quests that feature rare enemies for those drops -- partly to force us to play the game their way (see also their patches to Eidolons a couple years back) but also so you don't see Grandmother's Necramech dropping rare stuff that you're barred from picking up because of quest mechanics. As such they often patch in special data flags that prevent rare enemies from dropping anything (except ammo) during quest missions. For example, the Grustrag 3 can not drop Brakk parts during the Man Of Few Words quest

If the devs actually see this thread, they will likely patch War Within to prevent Orvius parts from dropping from the Kuva Guardians, and patch Heart of Deimos to prevent Grandmother's Necramech from dropping anything

Excuse me, what? This is ALSO a bug?

tenor.gif

Oh, maybe they will finally fix the bugs in TWW that brick the entire game.

Archived