Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incentive Imbalance

Stakhanov

I've noticed, that I've been fighting the event on the Corpus Side, that there really is no incentive to side with them. I mean,

5 fieldrons (3 days of continuous building or about 125 platinum)

100,000 credits (2 hours of void runs)

There really is no contest for the resources and such. The Orokin Catalyst or Reactor, that was actually quite a choice, good warframe or good weapon; I was quite split, but chose Corpus because I always have a need for the catalysts.

But offering mutagen masses against credits and fieldrons against credits, there is such a massive incentive to pick the Grineer. I don't understand why there's such a seemingly large imbalance in the incentive scheme here, but I have a sneaky feeling there was a lean towards trying to get the Grineer to ultimately win.

Don't know your opinions, I don't mind who wins either way, but I find that quite... strange why they'd make it this way.

I'd have preferred it so that there was no mission by mission rewards and make the rewards anonymous.

Seriously, I'm glad I saw a thread about this already, came here to make one.

What's the intention here from a game design aspect: You've ALREADY established end goal rewards and 'punishments', ones that were already pretty fair and balanced and based on preference.

Why screw that up by then throwing unbalanced mission based incentives on the side? It'd make sense if they were more general rewards, but some of these are platinum/clan based items vs far easier to claim credits. I'd really like an explanation or at least a peek into DE's design choices on this call here.

"BAAW CORPUS TEARS" all you want, but from just an event designing standpoint: What's the advantage of doing this?

Actually, I was thinking having the rewards in play; but NOT tell the players what the rewards are until the end of the event. So that once the event ends, you will get the 100k you got for your Corpus participation in Node 1, the five mutagens you got for Grineer participation in Node 2, but NOT tell you what they are until it ends.

Actually, I was thinking having the rewards in play; but NOT tell the players what the rewards are until the end of the event. So that once the event ends, you will get the 100k you got for your Corpus participation in Node 1, the five mutagens you got for Grineer participation in Node 2, but NOT tell you what they are until it ends.

Well, I can understand why DE would flinch at that: They got some bad backlash when they did the 'anon reward' thing with Frost BPs way back when. But that was for the entire EVENT. I think taking the anon reward method for the individual missions INSIDE the event, not the event reward itself like you're talking about, would have less backlash. More so if there wasn't an imbalance, or even a difference.

Well, I can understand why DE would flinch at that: They got some bad backlash when they did the 'anon reward' thing with Frost BPs way back when. But that was for the entire EVENT. I think taking the anon reward method for the individual missions INSIDE the event, not the event reward itself like you're talking about, would have less backlash. More so if there wasn't an imbalance, or even a difference.

I don't even think there's a discussion to be had here - there is literally zero incentive to play Corpus. I'd love for the Corpus to win, I would, from a strictly story based point of view. But I find myself thinking, I should do the Grineer just because it will cut my grinding time down by nearly a week combined. I wish this war forced you to side from a strictly story based point of view.

DE wants the Grineer to win this war.

Corpus threat aka "your friends will be dissected if you help us" can't stand the "oh, our grineer empire will be a bit more powerful if you help us".

As you said, rewards as well can't even be compared.

This is a joke.

All was settled from the beggining.

Personnally, I don't care, it's just a game. I take what gives me the most beneficial rewards.

But yeah... How can we support Corpus with such a poor balance?

Edited by Yaer

I am 45 Corpus battles in, and the only incentive I have to keep going now, is the vain hope for a fancy looking hand-cannon THAT I WON'T GET, and the fact that I am 45 battles in and can't be bothered to switch now. 

DE... 

What are you doing...?

You're ruining the point of this event...! 

STOP IT! 

I am 45 Corpus battles in, and the only incentive I have to keep going now, is the vain hope for a fancy looking hand-cannon THAT I WON'T GET, and the fact that I am 45 battles in and can't be bothered to switch now.

DE...

What are you doing...?

STOP IT!

XD

There is no point in giving them order and angry feedback. They have done a huge work and they are making their best. We just have to sweetly tell them our thoughts with our arguments.

Currently, DE, rewards of the grineer need better scale with Corpus' ones. 100.000 credits still value less than 1 Fieldron ore Mutagen Mass (gathering ressources, buy the print 15K + build it 15K, wait 12hours...). 100.000 credits can be earned with 3 Tour 3 void mission. (so, let's say 15 minutes or so?). But let's say that 1 fieldron for 100.000 seems more fair than the current scale. @_@

And, I think the supporters of the Corpus need to have the corresponding rewards of this faction. It is more fair, and more logic. No?

Thanks for listening our feedback, and thanks for this event, new map/rewards and all the stuff. Despite those little things, it is a great pleasure to play. :D

Edited by Yaer

Came here to make a thread just like this one... I want the Corpus to win because it sounds like they're going to be making new, more powerful Stalker type enemies... This would mean new Stalker-style events or maybe even missions, which would mean more weapons like the Dread, Despair and maybe even the Glaive... I have been fighting for the Corpus, and the only time they have had ANY support was when they had a Catalyst to offer...

DE, if you want the Grineer to win, then just end the event now, it's over...

I mean, before the rewards were even, the Corpus offering 200k credits compared to the Grineer with rare materials. To further this balance, you thought to give the Grineer already COMPLETED Mutagen/Fieldron, then lower the Corpus reward to be worth LESS than it would take to make them in cash, let alone time? I'm pretty sure everyone here can see the Grineer is the better payout...

To top it off, from a gameplay perspective, supporting the Grineer is easier than the Corpus... The Grineer have the Napalm, which has the highest player kill count in the game (aside from maybe Toxic Ancients) whereas the most annoying thing about the Corpus are the Fusion Moas... If I were a lower level player, I would side with the Grineer just so I did not have to fight them.

Edited by Aceofgods

right now the only reason i keep figithing for corpus is because of that saxxy hand cannon (not revolver, HAND. CANNON)

Yes, but the Grineer are offering essentially the same exact thing... Since we do not have any stats, we could likely assume the weapons will have the exact same stats, but with a different look. The developers can just change the model for the weapon, then deploy it...

Yes, but the Grineer are offering essentially the same exact thing... Since we do not have any stats, we could likely assume the weapons will have the exact same stats, but with a different look. The developers can just change the model for the weapon, then deploy it...

But... But...

It looks so good! 

So much better than the Grineer cannon. 

@(*()$ Grineers. Why do all their weapons have to look like claydough with some string attached to it. 

So your next 55 battles for Grineer. 55 > 45.

DE... 

What are you doing...?

STOP IT!

The point of the event is loot. As you can tell by which missions players are actually doing.

Nice idea in theory, but can you imagine the outcry of the player base that got the short end of the stick?  I am a gamer, but we gamers are one of the worst bunch of cry babies.

So your next 55 battles for Grineer. 55 > 45.

Are you trying to be funny...?

How about you sit down in a corner with a silly hat on your head. 

The point of the event is loot. As you can tell by which missions players are actually doing.

My bad. Completely forgot that whatever story content they throw into this game is completely irrelevant. We are afterall playing an MMO. Why do they even bother with story-content... 

Nice idea in theory, but can you imagine the outcry of the player base that got the short end of the stick?  I am a gamer, but we gamers are one of the worst bunch of cry babies.

Quoted for truth. I'm a gamer, I can relate. 

Edited by TwiceDead

Grineer rewards are for dojo building. I think that, even if it is a small portion of the community, people are having their entire clans/guilds influenced by this, increasing the number of players who play for the grineer.

From a story-side point of view, the Corpus make a much better case, but I feel that, based on the fact that rewards were planned out and that the are so imbalanced, everything has been pre-planned. 

Yeah, this event seems preplanned and very unfair. I was hoping you get the weapons for the side you supported, but no. If you lose you get their weapon (bp only) and not the melee weapon, which causes people to ask "who is winning" because no one wants to miss out on 2 free weapons and slots thus causing a snow ball effect of everyone now picking Grineer....

This was never about Corpus vs Grineer.

In reality it's Loyalty vs Sacrifice.

If you're just doing things for loot, then just do things for loot. You just need 100 rounds and a preference for one side in the end to potentially win a prize. If you're loyal to your fellow Tenno, then just play for the Grineer. If you'd rather skin a Tenno alive for the Corpus's sake, then do that.