Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe and DE are slowing dying out.

Joezone619

Its been becoming abundantly clear to me that there are more then a few big problems.

DE's attitude lately, refusing to listen to their community.

Warframe's lack of content, and abundant of grind.

Broken, and unprepared states of any content that drops.

and finally, DE making fast content and not taking their time to make good content this year.

All of this to me is saying that warframe is beginning to die, and it doesn't look like its going to be quick.

I am posting this, in hopes someone can prove me wrong, and change my opinion.

Prepare yourself, the DE fanboys are approaching.

Anyway,

9 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

I honestly doubt they ever listened to the "community" at all, but rather, they listened to the 7 people who keep whining about everything so loud it drowns out the noise of a freighttrain racing through the station.

10 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

Someone's gonna tell you the grind is the content, I tell you that someone doesn't know jack about what he's talking about.

12 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

I kinda got used to this after a while. Like really, I've been here for years and this never got any better.

13 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

and finally, DE making fast content and not taking their time to make good content this year.

I'd already be happy if they made any content at all that doesn't revolve around grinding through faction ranks that have, yet again, no use outside of their own content island.

RJ was a mess, but at least that one didn't require grinding of syndicate ranks. Deimos is a mess and requires ranks.

Heck, the Naberus """event""" isn't even a event. It's literally just a shop with horrible wares.

13 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

and in my opinion... this all started to go down hill shortly after fortuna.

PoE, even.

I like the idea of open world, but this? This is literally just a oversized sandpit at a child's playground with about as much content to it.

for the past 2-3 years ,the only "worth while" (and i use that loosely) content they've released are the free roams... which have no actual purpose in regards to the rest of the game. its just been content island, after content island, after content island... with sprinkles of dead content like railjack and steel path.

boooOOOOOOOOooooooring.

Yes, OP, fine, that's a good boy. We'll add this to the pile of "the game is DYING TODAY" threads. There's a million of them, some of them are literally five years old, all of them make contradictory suggestions or criticism ("the game lacks content" and "DE puts out too much content", ffs, make up your mind), and all of these threads so far have turned out to be... wrong. The game hasn't died after the first "WARFRAME IS DOOMED" thread, neither the second, neither the third.

can't really expect much from this year since everyone is working from home, it's just not the same productivity like working in office. everyone already has their own opinion but i'll stick to this being the reason for delayed/broken content. i didn't even enjoy diemos

Just now, Joezone619 said:

then i ask you this... how much longer do you expect warframe to last?

How much longer are you gonna wait around for something to die just because you burnt yourself out on it? 

The game goes on with or without us. I left a game I played for 7 years and it didnt die....I just had my fun and it was time to take a break and try something else. 

Just now, Joezone619 said:

then i ask you this... how much longer do you expect warframe to last?

Years, easily.

Warframe has just had its best month ever, in terms of playerbase, during August. It also had its best September ever. October was rough, but had more players playing than any month up to 2016. This isn't what "dying" looks like, in terms of playerbase. The playerbase is there, is faithful, and comes back to the game each time there's a major content release.

And hey, sure, I can even agree with your criticism. Yes, "content islands". Yes, "too much content". Yes, also "too little content", simultaneously. I don't care. I'm just unconvinced that any of your criticism means that the game is dying. DE puts out content islands and people LOVE it. Is Deimos a content island? Sure, girl. Did people play Deimos so much that the game registered, on PC, its best month ever? Yes. Does it matter that Deimos is a content island? No. Not a single bit.

The problems are pretty much:

• lack of innovation/ or over simplification of modes or features that makes them look shallow or incomplete(this could be the fault of engine limitations),
  • Not improving or expanding current features like factions( unique missions or tribute resources instead of boring medallions) or game modes (branching objectives like payday 2 where you have steps in every mission to complete) and also enemies ( its a horde shooter but weak mobs are a 1 to 1 threat from the tactical era)
  • Empty open worlds ( reminds me of ubisoft games ) - guild wars 2 made this more interesting by making events which build up to a meta event
  • Irritating bounties that throw you all across the map  instead of being something more isolated ( break in enemy base and gather as much of this resource or my mates are captured and forced to work in the mines - find and free all of the miners)
  • trying too hard to add new features or overcomplicating requested features -  like Empyrean when ppl just wanted to navigate the space map with their ship or necromechs which i see no purpose to them
  • Grind for the sake of grind ( i don't mind the grind if you offer some context or logical reason )
  • And yet I'm always drawn back to this game

Il y a 1 heure, Joezone619 a dit :

Its been becoming abundantly clear to me that there are more then a few big problems.

All of this to me is saying that warframe is beginning to die, and it doesn't look like its going to be quick.

Good troll, but just in case you're actually serious :

DE not listenning ? I think they did a pretty good job at it. Are you buthurt because your favorite toy got nerfed ?

lack of content ? I could have sworn we had many content drops this year, must have been my imagination.

abundant grind : well... yes. It's what people are playing the game for, welcome to warframe ! Did it took you that long to realise the game was about grind ?

broken content : well yes, if you look closely, you'll notice that any content from any game, at launch, is full of bugs. Because it's easier to hunt bugs via millions of players than via twenty devs in a locked room all day.

DE making fast content : oh weird right ? I wonder what could be pushing them to do so... oh maybe the people like you that complain that no content is being made.

Every game start slowly dying the instant they are born, it's the way things are, it just takes more or less time. Saying this is worthless. If warframe is losing some steam lately or not, I don't know nor care, what I do know is that you're just acting like a doomsayer just because the game is not going in a direction you like.

Its been "dying" since it started and yet here we are still playing it. Some will play it till the day it stops being playable, some will stop sooner and some will have already have stopped but more will come and the cycle continues. The Grind is what the game is, if you dont like it then there some ways to skip some of it with money. (shame money doesnt solve the fact that the helmith system is buried deep behind a wall of new open world rep suck)

Cant please all of the people all of the time and that's what DE continually face with content, people want it now so they provide it and then the same people complain that its not finished but failing to grasp that they were one's mooing for it to happen now, if you have been a longtime player of Warframe you come to know that content is added and then refined over time and not to expect anything (particularly new systems) to work on patch day or even for a few weeks after. The game will also "die" a lot faster without frequent content injections

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Joezone619:

To sum up your complaint:

The food was terrible and there wasn't enough of it.

Archived