Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack is actually fun to play

6 hours ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

Personally, i hope railjack(off) dies like the other modes DE tried to strong-arm into the game. Wonder if they will ever stop trying to stuff random crap into the game?

Operators were about the only content fitting that description.

The stuff people complain about the loudest is typically something that was implemented at the request of many players.

Fun is subjective. For some people is was fun, but for me it's absolutely terrible no matter the bugs. Like remove the whole Railjack and just leave archwing and it's tolerable (still not great though). But Railjack - big fat NO. Slow ship with half screen covered and forced micro management - I hate and and hope it stays dead forever.

I love RailJack. Warframe is the only game I know with pretty well-made cosmic battle gameplay for me. Few other games I’ve seen with similar “pilot line of sight” even not close enough, because paying 60$ for WHOLE game  with only 1 game mode with max 10 hours of equal boring gameplay is literal scam.

On 2020-11-04 at 9:09 AM, FaTaLxToast said:

Railjack is fun until you realise that only the pilot of the ship are the one who really has to do stuff, for the rest of the squad it's basically a afk simulator.

With how most people setup their railjacks this is true.

Though I have fiddled with gunner loadouts as well as archwing loadouts and both are viable (and involve the full squad).

If only we had railjack loadout slots....

22 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Dogfights are fun and all but there's no squeeze like trying to survive pirates (player or NPC) long enough to deliver a full load of expensive ore/cargo to the station.

RJ has the ability to offer that too... It's just a matter of stringing their current assets in the proper order.

I want them to pull influence from Everspace. Like having a shared recharging energy pool for weapons and abilities & randomised battle zones with different objectives. I'd like to see arcwing overhalled to make it more viable, with the railjack acting as a heavy support cruiser, and arcwing a fighter.

6 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

FTFY.

The whole coast-the-railjack-around-endlessly-for-bonus-damage was garbage design.

nah, the Railjack having more interesting movement than "just hold W" was way more fun.
making the base speed of the Ship faster was ok, but making the Boosting and Drifting effectively useless would be like adding Stamina to Parkour.

ya'll can keep your trash ' just hold W' movement, i want to be weaving around and dodging stuff while blowing up the Enemy Ships.
Railjack is dead to me, there are no content additions that can make it interesting, because the basic moment to moment Gameplay was already destroyed.

just like i always say, the things that you interact with the most have to be outstanding so that they don't get in the way of everything else. basic movement and other aspects that you literally interact with 100% of the time, have to be done well otherwise nothing else matters.

On 2020-11-05 at 11:49 PM, Padre_Akais said:

Operators were about the only content fitting that description.

The stuff people complain about the loudest is typically something that was implemented at the request of many players.

Really? So where were they requesting these thing? I don't remember ever seeing anything, at least nothing where there were many people involved, requesting (poor) space flight simulator or nemesis clone.

I admit that i don't really follow any of DEs mishaps, but one would think the forums would have had some of that at least. So, give me a link.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Really? So where were they requesting these thing?

These forums...

I don't remember ever seeing anything, at least nothing where there were many people involved, requesting (poor) space flight simulator or nemesis clone.

You have a fairly new Forum account so that's to be expected, tbh...

This forum has a search function so you are entirely capable of looking up keywords for yourself to confirm my assertion.

RailJack, funnily enough, is a confluence of a number of different things: Players requests and Story direction both spring to mind immediately...

The Sentients are located in the Tau system, travel is done via Solar Rails, and the orbiter isn't a combat ship.

So, give me a link.

Forum search is your friend...Go make use of it.

21 hours ago, taiiat said:

nah, the Railjack having more interesting movement than "just hold W" was way more fun.
making the base speed of the Ship faster was ok, but making the Boosting and Drifting effectively useless would be like adding Stamina to Parkour.

ya'll can keep your trash ' just hold W' movement, i want to be weaving around and dodging stuff while blowing up the Enemy Ships.
Railjack is dead to me, there are no content additions that can make it interesting, because the basic moment to moment Gameplay was already destroyed.

just like i always say, the things that you interact with the most have to be outstanding so that they don't get in the way of everything else. basic movement and other aspects that you literally interact with 100% of the time, have to be done well otherwise nothing else matters.

The boosting made gunner role unpleasant, it had to go, I dont have motion sickness and sudden acceleration was making even me feel sick. this game mode mustnt only take into account pilot's fun. ALL roles have to be important, and if it has to come at cost of some of pilot's fun the so be it.  With current direction of railjack this game mode will eventually become solo play only, people will fill thier ship with NPC's once we get command intrinsics. 

There is a big problem with your game when people refuse to co-op in co-op game,  DE needs to make so pilot NEEDS gunners and ship engineer to win the mission.

On 2020-11-04 at 5:59 PM, 32768 said:

4. Anyone heard about New War that supposedly started in 2019? No? Just me?

Next time someone says this, I'm going to slap them personally

They already said the New War wasn't one quest but a multitude of events. The Condrix event, Scarlet Spear, is the beginning, with the Sentient starting their invasion

IMO it was ok

because in one hand it takes sht ton of time to complete  while playing solo and in the other hand you get a rush and being rewarded pretty good item which is completely thrown out of the window when you get destroyed by a lazer pointer and you dont have enough to fix the catastrophic failure 

Well, I was quite late to RJ, i.e. only jumped into it like two months ago =) But I have to say, I like it so far. Yeah, it's a total pain in the ass until you get all the mandatory avionics, like Tether, but after that, it's even fun, calm game mode, where you shoot stuff.

I personally would love to see DE to expand RJ and make more stuff for it. But, the biggest thing they can actually start with, is to "connect" RJ to the rest of the game, for it to stop being just a content island.

And I need to mention. RJ missions in Void is a great place to level your weapons solo, it takes me only two simple missions (fighters + crew ships) to max a weapon (it's lvl 25-28 after one mission). And I find this waaaaay more enjoyable then ESO or Hydron. Once you get Tether, and learn that keeping 3000+ meters away from crewships makes them not able to shoot you or launch boarding parties - it's all fast and calm =)

8 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

These forums...

You have a fairly new Forum account so that's to be expected, tbh...

This forum has a search function so you are entirely capable of looking up keywords for yourself to confirm my assertion.

RailJack, funnily enough, is a confluence of a number of different things: Players requests and Story direction both spring to mind immediately...

The Sentients are located in the Tau system, travel is done via Solar Rails, and the orbiter isn't a combat ship.

Forum search is your friend...Go make use of it.

So, no link? Figures... Don't worry, i don't expect you to find anything to prove your point, so no need to bother.

Did anyone specifically ask for spaceship dogfights or wannabe nemesis to waste your time with? DE tries to stuff a little story to "explain" their next recycled crap from other games every time anyway, so railjack(off) is nothing special. We will see if railjack(off) is required for Tau. I'm certain i already said this, but if yes, then you will have to win that war without me as i will just stay behind since i haven't got even the slightest bit of intrest in space combat.

Also, do i really need to remind you that i don't need an account to visit these forums?

3 hours ago, Culaio said:

The boosting made gunner role unpleasant, it had to go, I dont have motion sickness and sudden acceleration was making even me feel sick. this game mode mustnt only take into account pilot's fun. ALL roles have to be important, and if it has to come at cost of some of pilot's fun the so be it.

With current direction of railjack this game mode will eventually become solo play only, people will fill thier ship with NPC's once we get command intrinsics. 

There is a big problem with your game when people refuse to co-op in co-op game,  DE needs to make so pilot NEEDS gunners and ship engineer to win the mission.

none of my friends had problems with the mobility why i was flying. granted, i was yno, working together with them and so i was giving them clear shots of the Enemies while avoiding Damage and returning my own fire.
but as usual the Lowest Common Denominator needs to be able to W+M1, i know. but knowing that's how things will always go won't make me happy about it.
or happy that in a Squad that the Pilot has nothing to do but hold W while pointing towards the next Objective.

Railjack already is a Solo gamemode - Enemies were nerfed so much that having other Players in your Squad is almost a liability. the only thing a second Player can do that's useful is go into Bases so the Pilot doesn't have to bother getting out. that's the only thing that a second Player can currently offer.

that's not how you make a healthy game. is Warframe the only Video Game you've played, or something? healthy Co-Operative games are perfectly functional with one Player or if Players are choosing to goof around. while still offering a variety of roles&archetypes so that Players have a reason to desire to work together, but aren't required to.
it's funny how other Co-Op games that work exactly as i describe there, don't force the Player to do anything at all, and yet everyone works together well even without saying a single word to each other.

On 2020-11-04 at 6:09 PM, FaTaLxToast said:

Railjack is fun until you realise that only the pilot of the ship are the one who really has to do stuff, for the rest of the squad it's basically a afk simulator.

Before they completely gutted every single enemy's threat level and survivability, made some battle avionics absurdly strong for no reason, and dumbed down ship management by effectively removing any hazard in the hazard state, it was actually pretty engaging, it required differentiation in player roles and thus a full squad to be effective. Too bad DE exclusively wants to cater to that crowd of people that believes "Power fantasy" means steamrolling through everything with no effort whatsoever.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

none of my friends had problems with the mobility why i was flying. granted, i was yno, working together with them and so i was giving them clear shots of the Enemies while avoiding Damage and returning my own fire.
but as usual the Lowest Common Denominator needs to be able to W+M1, i know. but knowing that's how things will always go won't make me happy about it.
or happy that in a Squad that the Pilot has nothing to do but hold W while pointing towards the next Objective.

Railjack already is a Solo gamemode - Enemies were nerfed so much that having other Players in your Squad is almost a liability. the only thing a second Player can do that's useful is go into Bases so the Pilot doesn't have to bother getting out. that's the only thing that a second Player can currently offer.

that's not how you make a healthy game. is Warframe the only Video Game you've played, or something? healthy Co-Operative games are perfectly functional with one Player or if Players are choosing to goof around. while still offering a variety of roles&archetypes so that Players have a reason to desire to work together, but aren't required to.
it's funny how other Co-Op games that work exactly as i describe there, don't force the Player to do anything at all, and yet everyone works together well even without saying a single word to each other.

with current solo focused state of railjack it has no future, it will simply die like archwing.

whatever co-operative can be enjoyed solo depends on type of game it is, some games give you bots to be your team because solo it would be impossible, and railjack game mode was based on games where you NEED team, games like "guns of icarus",  "we need to go deeper" or "barotrauma" , in all those games players must fill different roles on the "ship", so its not possible to solo them, since you cant pilot, shot from gunner seat and repair and bring ammo at the same time. some of those games give you bots to help you though and thats the way DE should go with making railjack solo friendly, command intrinsics is how railjack should be solo friendly, current way of making it solo friendly waters down too much the type of gameplay railjack is supposed to have.

DE has only two ways to make railjack good, either make so whole team has something to do, and no adding more side-objectives like Pulse Turbine doesnt count such those type of objectives are simply much more boring versions of ground missions, when people want to play such mission they would prefer to play ground mission in the first place, such side objectives of course can stay as part of railjack but musnt be main focus, throwing more of such objectives would actually make railjack feel even worse since it would get quickly very repetetive. players playing together on railjack should be focus on railjack game mode, ship needs to get damaged each mission so ship engineer had something to do. pilot killing 1/6 of all enemies in single shot is also not acceptable, since it leaves nothing to do for gunners, gunners should be main thing killing enemies.

The other way to make railjack good is to scrap railjack ships as multi-crew ships and instead give each player seperate ship in the mission, so that way each player can have fun since everyone would pilot their own ship

3 hours ago, Culaio said:

some of those games give you bots to help you though and thats the way DE should go with making railjack solo friendly, command intrinsics is how railjack should be solo friendly

pilot killing 1/6 of all enemies in single shot is also not acceptable, since it leaves nothing to do for gunners, gunners should be main thing killing enemies.

The other way to make railjack good is to scrap railjack ships as multi-crew ships and instead give each player seperate ship in the mission, so that way each player can have fun since everyone would pilot their own ship

Railjack was already Soloable before they nerfed stuff - NPC Crewmates and Command shouldn't be a replacement for Humans though, then that's the same thing as you're complaining about now (extra Humans offer no significant value).
Solo or not though, Railjack had a steep entry curve, but a good ending one. the entry curve should just be not as steep. Solo Railjack was pretty enjoyable, harder than with other Humans, but totally doable and that was about right. 

the Pilot should not be limited in an offensive capacity to just pointing the Consumable Weapon and shooting toothpicks. again, previously things were working quite well in Railjack - the Pilot was capable of dealing Damage, but your Gunners outnumber you and so them being involved was triple the DPS so obviously preferable. but you were fully capable of participating in the Combat alongside them, you weren't just the Taxi Driver. 
one Player is only able to delete half the Enemies in the Mission at once because of how much everything was nerfed.

i wouldn't be against Railjack having more than one Ship involved with it, for example if the Gunship style Frigate wasn't the only Ship type and there was also a micro Carrier, or whatever else sounds very unique.
so some Players could prefer one Ship to have maximum dakka to delete things, while another to fly a Tank of a Carrier that has deployable Fighters.

Archived