Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows And Landmarks

Mhykiel

1. I think windows would be a great addition to decorations.  They are fairly simple to make and can add depth to a room.  They can come in all sizes and shapes and even some stain glass type windows.

It would be an added touch if say there was a star field that sloly rotated and every window was a view of that star field.  But I understand that may be hard to implement.

I suggest windows that are parallelagram shaped and large oval ones.  I also think a large circular window with ribs with maybe a planet in view.  Could be used on cieling or walls.

2.  With large rooms and hall ways all looking the same a few decorations could be used as land marks.  Say the floor standing lanterns in different color lights.  A sign post with messages in it like the consoles.  cheap red, blue and green lines so you can map your dojo out like a hospital haha..

Thanks for reading.

Windows have been suggested before and I'll say now what I said then, good idea, but how do you make them make sense? limit them to outermost rooms only and only facing outwards? Remove them if you build a room past that one? It's a bit tricky.

It would be an added touch if say there was a star field that sloly rotated and every window was a view of that star field.  But I understand that may be hard to implement.

Actually that's not hard at all, UE has a feature that basically makes a surface a portal into the skybox, making anything you want an instant window.

Windows have been suggested before and I'll say now what I said then, good idea, but how do you make them make sense? limit them to outermost rooms only and only facing outwards? Remove them if you build a room past that one? It's a bit tricky.

Actually that's not hard at all, UE has a feature that basically makes a surface a portal into the skybox, making anything you want an instant window.

Well that's absolutely awesome.  I think it would add a lot of depth to the interior design of dojos.  And like I said if they all are looking at the same sky field and you can have windows in all sorts of designs, could be an easy set with pop to make.

As far as them making sense.  I don't think that even has to be on the DE.  I think that can be on the decorator.  It's something you and I would pay attention to but I don't think it's a detail many others would notice.

Edited by Mhykiel