Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Super slow update download speed

General_Durandal

Do you have something else using the bandwith on the background, or in your network ?

I was watching amazon prime while downloading the update and it was lingering around 1mbit/s or lower but as soon as I stopped, the download jumped up to 5mbit/s. Seems like the launcher is prioritizing everything else.

I have the exact same issue, mines capped at 450kb/s. Still unable to download the update due to time constraints.

Funny thing is, it starts at 1mb/s then slowly drops down to 450kb/s and stays there.
And no its not my net, I just updated The Division 2 at 3mb/s.

To DE

Just some idea why DE not divide download file into smaller file, something like when need to update 8gb divide it to 1gb and checksum, when download fail we don't need to re-download all 8gb again. save our time to download. save bandwidth to your server. Slow download may was from ISP (Internet service provider), they saw your server comsumtion too much bandwidth and limit speed of your server. This thing happen to me I test it by switch between ISP-net and VPN-net, when switch to VPN speed going up.

Another thing i saw warframe update though port 80, this is bad, because ISP inspection on this port(in my case), it may case slow download you should use port 443.

look forward for this fix.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Warframe's CDNs have always been notoriously slow for some users (you can see this issue being a consistent problem since 2014 if you Google it); using a VPN reroutes you to a different, non-borked (whether that be server overload or DE's own bandwidth or user restrictions per node) CDN, which can sometimes alleviate this issue. I'm honestly not sure why they haven't changed providers at this point (I believe they use HighWinds, which is now StackPath) or at the very least tried to mitigate this issue, especially with new platform or store releases (like EGS) since it gives a terrible new player experience. I know plenty of people that saw the download speed and immediately cancelled it, stating it would take too long and they'd just play something else.

I and many others would love to see this addressed in 2021, so it's not an issue for future updates.

Archived