Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X!

[DE]Danielle

Really disappointed by no cross-save or account migration (from PC to console). I'm switching to console as my primary gaming platform for a while and was hoping to take my progress with me (I'm not losing my PC or anything, just that the new consoles are more capable than my current PC and it's probably going to be a couple of years before I can upgrade, so I was hoping I could play everything on what will be my best platform).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

You can easily flip it around and say it's also not fair for people from one platform being kept from migration even though they could because other people decided to buy a different console and their manufacturers have to agree. Like, how is that the players fault or responsibility to wait for other consoles - how is that any more fair? It's just the other group being treated unfairly with the difference that they get an opportunity they otherwise might have taken away.

Honestly, this. I would easily waive all console exclusiveness if it meant being able to play on the switch - which doesn't mean in the slightest I'd leave Sony since I've been sticking with them since PS1 and I sure don't plan to leave now when it's better than ever. Player/consumer freedom will always top brand loyalty in my book, regardless of how corporate (whether DE, Sony, MS, Nintendo, or whatever) feels about it. 

Everything else just feels like a bunch of fluffy excuses told with the sole purpose to minimize backlash (even if partially true, at base), rather than reflecting the actual truth. And when a justification isn't absolutely solid, it may hold up for the first 10 times it's repeated since people haven't really reflected on it. But after the 1000th regurgitation it'll hardly hold up because counter-arguments will already exist by then. What I mean is that while I accept the fact that it is up to corporate to decide, it still doesn't make the decision a god one.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

You can also expect improved loading times across the entire game, thanks to the next generation solid-state drive!

I find this to be an interesting statement. I upgraded my PS4 with a decent mid-range 500GB SATA SSD and while there was a slight decrease in loading times it was hardly noticeable (comparing to my flatmates PS4 with a 1TB HDD, 2-3 secs difference max).
On PC I've quickly learned that the loading times are - at least initially - CPU bound, and that my laptop could do with some additional cores.

Still, I'm excited to hear that PS4 and PS5 are being treated as a single platform (ie simultaneous release/cross play). It would be good to know how long the PS4 will continue to be supported so that Tenno can plan for their upgrades.

My PS4 Pro on my 4k monitor with max settings already looks good enough. The only PS5 benefit is loading time so you can do 6x3 eidolon hunt which i don't care about anymore. Been playing for 5+ years, think its best to play new generation games first at release then start playing when there is nothing else to play. 

Since PS5 is better hardware maybe now would be a good time to bring LoR and JV back.

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Will PS4 trophies transfer to PS5?
While your progress will transfer over to PS5, your trophies will not, which means that you will have to re-unlock trophies as you play. Cumulative trophies (like “Shield Saver - Deflect 1000 Bullets with Melee Weapons”) will transfer over at 99% completion. However, single-action trophies earned from activities like completing Quests, will have to be redone by replaying the Quest from the Codex. 

This sounds non-ideal especially for trophy 100% completionist going forward.

If I understand correctly, there will always be two separate Warframe trophy list going forward - one for PS4 and one for PS5.

When a new update comes out in future with new trophies, they will appear for both the PS4 and PS5 versions. This means that one will need to earn the trophy both on the PS4 and PS5 versions to maintain 100% on their trophies list.  I know majority of players don't care about trophies but this just seems chaotic and head shaking.

Also, it sounds like on the PS5, you can launch two different versions of Warframe,  - the PS4 one and the PS5 one?  Or will there only be one version and the launcher is smart enough to detect that it is PS5 and launch accordingly.  If that's the case, to earn new PS4 trophies in future, you'd better hang on to your PS4 then.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)vinster said:

If that's the case, to earn new PS4 trophies in future, you'd better hang on to your PS4 then.

Fairly sure the PS4 hit its trophy limit, hence why we don't get them anymore. I know DE hasn't stated this publicly, but when we didn't get them for... Update 32? They did point out we wouldn't get them. 

Having a seperate list for PS5 could allow them to combine a lot and the new trophy systems probably is a bit more lenient.

Il y a 4 heures, [DE]Danielle a dit :

Will next-gen have cross-save?

There will be cross-save only between PS4 and PS5.

With "the new era", i think cross-save and cross-platforms - between all platforms - must be a thing now... :thinking:

Il y a 4 heures, (PS4)DeZaruu a dit :

Also - I understand giving generational exclusives, but please don't make mastery tied to generational exclusives (e.g. have a PS5 Activity give a weapon, which is impossible to obtain by other means).

I agree with that : i'm waiting a Black Edition of the PS5, and maybe bought it 6 months - 1 year after the initial realease of the White Edition, and i don't want to see new things - about WF - PS5-exclusive... :facepalm:

il y a 38 minutes, (PS4)vinster a dit :

This sounds non-ideal especially for trophy 100% completionist going forward.

If I understand correctly, there will always be two separate Warframe trophy list going forward - one for PS4 and one for PS5.

When a new update comes out in future with new trophies, they will appear for both the PS4 and PS5 versions. This means that one will need to earn the trophy both on the PS4 and PS5 versions to maintain 100% on their trophies list.  I know majority of players don't care about trophies but this just seems chaotic and head shaking.

I agree, and an other point is : we don't have a Platinum trophy for WF ; i've waiting a long time for a Platinum trophy (one of my "Tenno Dream"), but, i'm near 5 years in WF and nothing happened. It's just disapointing in regard to other F2P who have - sometimes - a Platinum trophy, and WF is a big game with a lot of content, so i don't understand why we don't have ones (PlayStation decision !? DE decision !? or DE simply never think to include it !? i don't know but i'd like to know) :suspicion:

And i don't remind me if we can replay all of the quests linked to trophies... :surprised:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

Fairly sure the PS4 hit its trophy limit, hence why we don't get them anymore. I know DE hasn't stated this publicly, but when we didn't get them for... Update 32? They did point out we wouldn't get them. 

Having a seperate list for PS5 could allow them to combine a lot and the new trophy systems probably is a bit more lenient.

I wish you're right. For the Deimos trophies, [DE]Danielle said in that launch post that they haven't decided when they would make those into trophies. Hence they are currently locked in-game although you can see them in your profile stats but can't make any progress on them. Her wording implied it will be made into trophies later (My guess is they held on until PS5 details became clear).

I don't know PSN trophies policies, but this I know. Back around 2015, there was a period of many months when PS4 Warframe had no trophies. Then [DE]Drew posted that Sony had lifted restrictions for games like Warframe (F2P) and they could continue having trophies. Maybe there was another policy to say what the limit was but I can't find any info. If you do, would be happy to hear it.

Also, Danielle in this post said for PS5 quests needed to be replayed and 99% progression is transferred in order to trigger the new PS5 trophies.  What about trophies like 'Reach Rank 30 with any Bow weapon.'?  If vets have already mastered all existing weapons, that means we need to wait for a new bow to appear in a future update before we can re-acquire that trophy?

Will PS4 trophies transfer to PS5?

While your progress will transfer over to PS5, your trophies will not, which means that you will have to re-unlock trophies as you play. Cumulative trophies (like “Shield Saver - Deflect 1000 Bullets with Melee Weapons”) will transfer over at 99% completion. However, single-action trophies earned from activities like completing Quests, will have to be redone by replaying the Quest from the Codex.

Thank you. I like trophies! 

Edited by (PS4)Mantinijo

Yeah, I know traditionally F2P games aren't allowed a Platinum trophy for instance, yet there's Fortnite. 

I feel like at this point, DE has worked long enough with PlayStation to be able to say "PS5, new trophy list where we clean up obsolete challenges and move them to Activities - can we get a Platinum?"

Assuming they're updating the list, I'd like to think most of the update trophies go, except those tied to quests (Octavia, Harrow, etc)

"Ride 1,000,000 meters on a K-Drive." for instance, really don't need to return, and given it sounds like they're doing what Insomniac is doing with the Spider-Man Remastered's trophies (seperate list, which allows changes), it'd honestly be great to see.

• Like 1

Il y a 3 heures, HexarianPrime a dit :

Will I be able to migrate my account from pc to ps5?

Original post :

Il y a 13 heures, [DE]Danielle a dit :

FAQ

Is there Account Migration from PC to PS5?
At this time, we are not allowing account migration from PC to PS5.

Edited by (PS4)Crazy_Mr_J

14 hours ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

I find this to be an interesting statement. I upgraded my PS4 with a decent mid-range 500GB SATA SSD and while there was a slight decrease in loading times it was hardly noticeable (comparing to my flatmates PS4 with a 1TB HDD, 2-3 secs difference max).
On PC I've quickly learned that the loading times are - at least initially - CPU bound, and that my laptop could do with some additional cores.

Still, I'm excited to hear that PS4 and PS5 are being treated as a single platform (ie simultaneous release/cross play). It would be good to know how long the PS4 will continue to be supported so that Tenno can plan for their upgrades.

Hi, about loading times being somewhat CPU bound - as well as SSD/HDD bound - is correct. But it's not just for Warframe, Destiny 2 and Genshin Impact, for example, also have longer/slower loading times the more things the CPU is doing. So if you open your internet browser with many tabs or a CPU taxing program, and then open/load a location or mission from a game, it takes much longer than if it was only the game.

I know you already know this, but I just wanted to confirm that as well for anyone who may not have known about it. Fast storage reading and writing speeds are essential for fast loading in games, but so is the CPU and how much resources it has available to allocate to the game. The same also goes for streaming assets while playing. so when possible, people should only have the game running, unless they have a PC powerful enough where that doesn't matter.

Still no cross-save between different platforms, that’s too bad, it was the moment...

And I don’t get why people say Sony disagrees with it, first they’ll benefit from a new wave and could’ve benefited from a new pc to ps5, as the ps5 is more powerful than a $400 PC, they did it on Destiny, Smite (Hi-rez in general), CoD and many other new games getting released, we aren’t in 2015 where Sony was in fact disagreeing a bit, we are in 2020, and as a player, I’m annoyed getting stucked at 60fps with controller while I could easily get 144 on a KB, I really hope something will be done regarding that.

playing since 2013 at less than 60fps was already meh but still enjoyable, but in 2020 it’s getting annoying.