Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X!

[DE]Danielle

16 часов назад, (PS4)vinster сказал:

This sounds non-ideal especially for trophy 100% completionist going forward.

If I understand correctly, there will always be two separate Warframe trophy list going forward - one for PS4 and one for PS5.

When a new update comes out in future with new trophies, they will appear for both the PS4 and PS5 versions. This means that one will need to earn the trophy both on the PS4 and PS5 versions to maintain 100% on their trophies list.  I know majority of players don't care about trophies but this just seems chaotic and head shaking.

Also, it sounds like on the PS5, you can launch two different versions of Warframe,  - the PS4 one and the PS5 one?  Or will there only be one version and the launcher is smart enough to detect that it is PS5 and launch accordingly.  If that's the case, to earn new PS4 trophies in future, you'd better hang on to your PS4 then.

Absolutely agree. 

I have 100% trophies on ps4. And I am waiting for my ps5 in few weeks. And now I read that I need to do them again? Its very bad news for me.  I was playing on pc almost from the beginning, no cross saves - ok, started again on ps4, do it AGAIN on ps5? - no way.  

It will be great to gain more information about trophies on ps4 and ps5, what about future trophies? Build railjack again? Farm limbo again? Don’t wanna waste my time. Pls fix it. Just let old trophies be at ps5. 

• Like 1

vor 12 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)BundoLamb:

Damn, my xbox one died a couple of weeks ago so I'm getting a little desperate to play and my series x is currently on it's way but won't have warframe straight away. Noooooooooo. 

You should be able to play the current gen Version of warframe via backward compatibility until there is a next gen Version available

Am 6.11.2020 um 12:07 schrieb DeckChairVonBananaCamel:

not sure if it has already been asked, but do we have any information on whether or not the pc version will be able to take advantage of the dual sense controller's features?

I would like to ask something similar: Now that haptic feedback will be supported on Ps5, will there also be a patch for the Switch ? The Switch controllers also offer haptic feedback but it isn't used in Warframe on that plattform yet.

Edited by (NSW)Hermy

Greats news!!!!

Speaking on behalf of the Tenno community, I would like to formally request the service of transferring from Nintendo switch to PS5 or from PC to PS5. Make it one time only as you’ve done in the past. Make it for a limited time only. We are willing to pay for this service if necessary. Can you imagine an MR30 Tenno having to start over on PS5? That would be grossly unfair. Please consider our request.

Regarding the trophy system, while we have to redo them allover again, aren't there trophies that are impossible to do again? If I remember correctly, there's a trophy that requires a Railjack to be built, but from what I can tell, that quest isn't relpayable.

Also, wouldn't it be much easier to have the trophies get unlocked based on the in-game achievements instead? What I mean is rather than having the trophy system detect when the players does the individual tasks, can't the trophy system just detect what achievements are already unlocked in the in-game profile and then it can be automatically earned?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-11-05 at 3:40 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Experience the Origin System on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X

Warframe is Bullet Jumping onto the next generation of consoles.

Our journey begins on PlayStation 5 later this year, and we’ll have more information to share about the Xbox Series X very soon.

When Warframe launched in 2013, we knew we were committed to supporting it for a long time, and we are so grateful to you for helping Warframe thrive. 

The Origin System has grown so much since we first launched on consoles, and we can’t wait to start the next chapter on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. 

NEXT GENERATION WARFRAME

We’ve spent a significant amount of time and energy developing our new enhanced renderer to make Warframe even more visually impressive on new hardware! This rendering technology creates dramatic, dynamic lighting that follows the natural direction and strength of any given light source in an environment. 

WF_NextGen_MeleeComparison_4K-Enhanced.jpg

There’s no better place to see the stunning differences than on the Plains, the Orb Vallis or the Cambion Drift. The way light from the sun casts long shadows from the trees, the way foliage creates dynamic shadows as you stalk through it, or in the reflections on your Warframe as you stroll through the market square of Cetus. 

On next-gen hardware, Warframe will look and play better than ever. Running at up to 4k resolution and 60 FPS means no detail will escape your eye as you dive into your next Mission.

Captured on PS4:
en_US_Warframe_PS5Reveal_PS4Comparison_1920x1080_L.jpg

Captured on PS5:

en_US_Warframe_PS5Reveal_PS5Comparison_3840x2160_L.jpg

You can also expect improved loading times across the entire game, thanks to the next generation solid-state drive! Not only will you be able to step into your next adventure faster than ever before, but you’ll notice improved texture quality across the entire Origin System.
Plus, the addition of the new Adaptive Triggers feature on the DualSense controller will make each melee Weapon swing or trigger pull feel more impactful.  

This is just the beginning, Tenno. There’s plenty in store for the future as we take full advantage of the technology these new consoles offer! 

WF_OrbVallis_KDrive_4K-Enhanced.jpg

PlayStation 4 Anniversary

FAQ

Can PS4 and PS5 Players play together?
Yes! If you upgrade to PlayStation 5, you’ll still be able to play with your Squad on PlayStation 4. 

Will PS4 and PS5 updates be simultaneous? 
Yes! Future updates will be simultaneously released across both the PS4 and PS5.  

Will next-gen have cross-save?
There will be cross-save only between PS4 and PS5.

When will Warframe launch on next-gen?
Warframe is launching on PlayStation 5 this year! If you’re a Tenno on Xbox, stay tuned for more information in the near future.  

Is there Account Migration from PC to PS5?
At this time, we are not allowing account migration from PC to PS5. 

Will Warframe support 4K Resolution - 60 FPS on PS5?
Warframe on PS5 will support up to 4K Resolution and 60 FPS.

Will PS4 trophies transfer to PS5?
While your progress will transfer over to PS5, your trophies will not, which means that you will have to re-unlock trophies as you play. Cumulative trophies (like “Shield Saver - Deflect 1000 Bullets with Melee Weapons”) will transfer over at 99% completion. So in the case for Shield Saver, you will simply have to deflect a single bullet with Melee weapon. However, single-action trophies earned from activities like completing Quests, will have to be redone, with some requiring other steps to fully re-unlock: 

• Quest Trophies: Replay the Quest from the Codex. 
  • "This is What you Are - Fully Unlock a Focus Skill Tree": If you have already unlocked all of the Focus Trees, you will only have to change your configuration to complete the Trophy again. 
  • "Reach Rank 30 with insert weapon here" Trophies: You will be required to reach Rank 30 on the weapons specified. 

Will the upcoming 7 Year Warframe PS4 Anniversary also be celebrated on PS5?
Yes! Everything coming for the 7 year Anniversary on PlayStation will also be available on the PS5. Stay tuned for more information when the Anniversary goes live! 

Will PS Plus be required to play Warframe on the PS5?
No! As is the case with PS4, it will not be required to play Warframe on the PS5. 

Hopefully this is an alright place to add this in:

From ... [the middle gen?]

The PS4 Pro has some nice perks to it, one of which is at least being able to get screen shots in 4K.

Since Fortuna bounties were on the Nightwave at the Diner Menu, I figured I'd so some "extra" sight-seeing on the 18th.

Wow!

But how could I share ...

I figured I'd try re-doing the Evel Knievel coolant drop for a trophy stunt and hope for the best timing out screen shots. So, here's the then and [already] now:

11/18/20

Spoiler

wJMzEwr.png

zSbvy7u.png

cn6ky2R.png

is1hMmZ.png

3s3Xl0c.png

vs.

July (something) 2019

(On the same "box")

Spoiler

wW72Z5M.png