What do you want to see with corpus liches

with corpus kingpin system going to be talked about more in the up coming devstream, what are some things you want to see and don't want to see

Like I would like to see way to choose what kingpin ally will help in battle and see if we can extend the duration of them staying.

What I dont want to see is more phrases needed to take down the new ones, it will unessecarily extend both grineer and curpos kingpins grinds.

• Like 4
Just now, Aldain said:

A rework of the murmur grind from the ground up.

Also I don't want to see anything like the Kuva Bramma ever again.

You mean you don't want to see souped-up Lenz that has a doubled blast radius that causes each enemy hit by it to release a normal sized Lenz explosion after a couple seconds, or immediately if they're killed by the initial shot, and fires in ten-round bursts?

I mean, Warframe has a real lack of area-of-effect weapons, particularly potent ones.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

You mean you don't want to see souped-up Lenz that has a doubled blast radius that causes each enemy hit by it to release a normal sized Lenz explosion after a couple seconds, or immediately if they're killed by the initial shot, and fires in ten-round bursts?

I mean, Warframe has a real lack of area-of-effect weapons, particularly potent ones.

The sad part is I actually cannot tell if this is a joke or somebody who is dead serious.

This is how far we've fallen due to power creep.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

... What?

Sorry, WHAT?

The vast majority of weapons released lately have had some level of Area-of-Effect, many of which are extremely powerful. Trumna has a small AoE at base, and the huge AoE of its alt-fire, so does the Sepulcrum. The Zymos is also AoE. Stahlta is AoE, Stropha is AoE, Basmu has a degree of AoE, so the Shedu, Bramma of course, Acceltra ha a tad, Kuva Ogris, the Chakhurr has a bit of AoE, we got a Tonkor variant... and don't forget Komorex, the Area-of-Effect Sniper Rifle. And I'm probably still forgetting some.

Some of them are primarily AoE, and others have AoE added as a little bonus sprinkled on top. And that's just weapons, let's not forget all the powers which are area-of-effect too.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The sad part is I actually cannot tell if this is a joke or somebody who is dead serious.

This is how far we've fallen due to power creep.

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

... What?

Sorry, WHAT?

The vast majority of weapons released lately have had some level of Area-of-Effect, many of which are extremely powerful. Trumna has a small AoE at base, and the huge AoE of its alt-fire, so does the Sepulcrum. The Zymos is also AoE. Stahlta is AoE, Stropha is AoE, Basmu has a degree of AoE, so the Shedu, Bramma of course, Acceltra ha a tad, Kuva Ogris, the Chakhurr has a bit of AoE, we got a Tonkor variant... and don't forget Komorex, the Area-of-Effect Sniper Rifle. And I'm probably still forgetting some.

Some of them are primarily AoE, and others have AoE added as a little bonus sprinkled on top. And that's just weapons, let's not forget all the powers which are area-of-effect too.

Exactly.

If anything, Warframe has way too many AoE attacks, and it's probably what we'll get even more of.

• Like 1
Just now, bad4youLT said:

Non mastery fodder version of dera and flux rifle.

Yeah, this please. I'd also like to see a more traditional take on a Corpus tactical shotgun. We've got a 'beam shotgun' (the Convectrix), a pump-action Plasma 'Shotgun', a single-shot Shotgun, a hand shotgun, but no traditional, magazine-fed shotguns.

Maybe you could even switch between a pellet and a slug firing shot?

• Like 1

OH! ALSO! Very important.

I want Parvos to just treat this as a business deal, and be super casual about the whole thing. Specifically the first time one of his Queenpins kills you, you get a message from him in your inbox with a 'gift basket' and a generic message saying 'Get well soon'.

He's not antagonistic towards us, but his whole thing is 'shun sentimentality'. He likes us, but it won't stop him from sending his goons after us - but nor will that sour his feelings towards us. It'd be a nice opportunity for some comedy and characterisation.

• Like 8

More than two personalities and an expansion to the whole system to look more like the tennocon stuff. My hopes are probably too high though.

COUGH COUGH SHAMELESS THREAD PLUG 

Edited by TheGuyver
  • Like 3

Lich fights are really fun. Especially with all the quirks and different elements. I just wish we didn't have to do a boring grind for an hour to even start the fight. With the corpus liches, I hope they either reduce or remove that weird pre-grind requirement. If they still want 4 hours to kill a Lich, that's fine, just let me spend that 4 hours fighting my Lich.

• Like 2

Wishful thinking engaged!

- 2 new personalities for the grineer liches at the very least to break the angry calculator woman and goofy carefree guy pattern.

- Parazon stabbing a larvling should PREVENT a lich birth: a lich should be born if they die by blood loss instead. I still find it makes no sense for a kuva infused larvling to die permanently if left bleeding out and become a lich only when stabbed, especially considering that once lich, a parazon stab is needed to kill one.

- Unlockable parts to customize friendly spared liches and possibly equip them with unlocked lich weapons. Customized liches cannot be sold to other players.

- Murmurs adjustment to make it LESS TEDIOUS!

- "Friendship" system that as they become more loyal to the tenno they earn some intervention option other than appearing for a few minutes and "LOL" away

- Different way to deal with the Corpus liches equivalent than murmurs. Make me go on a few errands: find something in a spy mission, do an extermination to make it angry, intercept the corpus lich postion...a sequence of non repetitive missions to get to the battle please!

- Craftable beacons to summon them in battle and get support if needed

- EQUIP a lich as a companion for the lolz in place of a sentinel/kubrow! Keep them as is in terms of stats and have them follow me to spout insults at my opponents in battle!

• Like 4

- A total rework of farming mechanics that allots the majority of its time to actual extensive and tactical fights with the lich, instead of countless hours of repeating the same recycled missions for only a chance at a 1 min fight; i.e. if they want to keep murmur farming, at least make the drop of murmur dependent on performing certain actions on the Lich during an encounter (i.e. parrying, hitting a specific part, disarming, radiating its thralls into attacking)

- scrapping the RNG involved in taking down the lich and substituting it with skillfull gameplay: having a powerful boss and beating him down at the mercy of random RNG combinations was, imo, a shameful defeat in gameplay design; i.e. if they want to keep murmur farming, let us unlock a weak point to damage with a specific action for every amount of murmur collected;

- scrapping that dishonest idea of 5 formas to level a weapon

- on the prize weapons, instead of an elemental buff, a weapon modifier (funny interchangeable gimmicks i.e. nova damage on reload/combo unleash, life stealing, ammo saved on headshots) 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, S074 said:

Parazon stabbing a larvling should PREVENT a lich birth: a lich should be born if they die by blood loss instead. I still find it makes no sense for a kuva infused larvling to die permanently if left bleeding out and become a lich only when stabbed, especially considering that once lich, a parazon stab is needed to kill one.

That makes no sense, when you stab it it's basically copying your powers if you just leave it there to rot it's just useless and gameplay wise annoying to have to wait for it to bleed out

• Like 2