Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you want to see with corpus liches

Shotgunpilot

14 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

so kingpin system is just another iteration of lich system? /facehoof

Actually, the Lich System was an iteration of the Kingpin system. If you cast your mind back to its introduction, Steve said "So who wants to see Kingpins?"

1 hour ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Just prepare yourselves, forums. There's gonna be an op weapon that will get nerfed. Don't try to act all surprised and ignorant of the fact that this happens in online games everywhere. 

They're gonna rage regardless, and they're gonna act surprised no matter what. Remember that guy whose position was that if a mechanic was overpowered during testing, and DE nerf it before adding it to the game, DE are in the wrong and players are entitled to the overpowered original version anyway?

Anyway, let's see...

Granum Cycron, that'd be cool.

Granum Dera, pretty neat.

Granum Sonicor, for giggles.

Snipetron Granum!

More than two personalities. 

For it to come with a new ranking/grinding system which gets retroactively added to Liches as well, making each antagonist function more like the Kingpin system which DE envisioned.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

That makes no sense, when you stab it it's basically copying your powers if you just leave it there to rot it's just useless and gameplay wise annoying to have to wait for it to bleed out

Kuva is the thing that makes them immortal. The Parazon removes the kuva, they die. Works well for both larvlings and liches.

From a gameplay standpoint there would be no need to wait for them to bleed out. Downing the larvling and ignoring it would be enough.

Completing a mission with a downed larvling could spawn a lich, implying the bleed out was offscreen.

7 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

They're gonna rage regardless, and they're gonna act surprised no matter what. Remember that guy whose position was that if a mechanic was overpowered during testing, and DE nerf it before adding it to the game, DE are in the wrong and players are entitled to the overpowered original version anyway?

"Alexa, play Deadmau5 'I remember'."

Firstly improvements to the entire obtain, murmur hunt, test requiems, defeat 'loop'.

Making the liches more useful from conversion, be that cosmetic enhancements, them getting a training stats system, and staying around as persistent immortal helpers in missions and of course the later Command as Crew members when that eventually comes.

Some enhancement for maxing their weapons to 40 ala the Paracesis, doesn't have to be a bane against Grineer like the Paracesis is against Sentient; but could branch out to unlocking neat bonuses keyed to either that sub-faction, or those weapons. This would give them a lot more appeal to spending those forma stacks than just additional points.

32 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:
38 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

- A total rework of farming mechanics that allots the majority of its time to actual extensive and tactical fights with the lich, instead of countless hours of repeating the same recycled missions for only a chance at a 1 min fight; i.e. if they want to keep murmur farming, at least make the drop of murmur dependent on performing certain actions on the Lich during an encounter (i.e. parrying, hitting a specific part, disarming, radiating its thralls into attacking)

They can't do this, because the entire Warframe combat model relegates player skill to the smallest (and in many cases, nonexistent) factor. Compared to grinding mods, grinding endo, and grinding weapons and frames, player skill simply does not matter in Warframe.

If they were to make liches skill-based, they would either A) fail, because we could bum-rush them with our existing corrosive+viral lich weapons modded for 2.14 billion headshot damage, or B) make every single lich into a copy of the Exploiter Orb fight, where player gear doesn't matter at all outside of having a giant health bar to tank mistakes

That's a little bit of a pessimistic view, don't you have even a little bit of faith that a middle ground between the extremes of fruit ninja and dark souls can take form in warframe? Or you personally just don't like the idea?

What i propose is a grind with the means already available in game, the difference is that instead of grinding the same 3 missions, it's about grinding basic actions against a lich. Problem (A) can be avoided with damage gating mechanics (like lephantis, hate it or not, it works in preventing one shotting), problem (B) seems to me an extreme decision we don't risk to get.

I want RJ to be involved.

Wishful thinking Since Parvos is all about business and corpus thralls don't make sense(as in , i don't think  kuva is involved),  hunting queenpins could be about hitting strategic targets. Eg , you capture a target, get info on  treasury  ships (like the ones that we  used to have as an alert), resource containers, robot factories etc, to make them lose profit and the more profit they lose the more angry they become and hunt us down.

Though, I would like them to be  different than kuva liches in general.

1 minute ago, DebrisFlow said:

That's a little bit of a pessimistic view, don't you have even a little bit of faith that a middle ground between the extremes of fruit ninja and dark souls can meet?

No, I genuinely cannot see DE doing that. You call it pessimistic, I call it realist. They've been making Warframe for eight years, and they have made a grand total of four skill-based bosses: Shadow Stalker at the very end of Second Dream, Cephalon Hunhow in Octavia's Anthem, Exploiter Orb, and Nihil. If you really want to stretch things you might add the Red Kween from War Within, though that was more of a tutorial.

Heck, what have we had in the last two years alone? I'm going to list all the stuff that they've made since December 2018: Profit-Taker that you bum-rush with instawin guns; Grindy Liches that you bum-rush with instawin guns; a Jackal rework that you still bum-rush with instawin guns; enemy Necramechs that you bum-rush with instawin guns; Tusk Thumpers that you bum-rush with instawin guns; Disruption missions with enemy Demolysts, that you bum-rush with instawin guns; Railjack missions that you... win by grinding out so much hull HP that the enemy can't kill you; and Grendel missions that you win by... uh, I'll let you be the judge of that one 

Actually I did find ONE thing that sorta kinda adds a tiny sliver of hope for you: the Protea Specter boss fight. You have to alternate between bum-rushing her with instawin guns, and using the Xoris as a gimmick

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Actually I did find ONE thing that sorta kinda adds a tiny sliver of hope for you: the Protea Specter boss fight. You have to alternate between bum-rushing her with instawin guns, and using the Xoris as a gimmick

You see?! That little spark of an idea? DEy can do it...A long list of frustrating updates does't mean we have to stop advocating for this kind of changes. A little bit of faith, some perseverance on spamming the forums (maybe better in feedback) and maaaybe something good will come out. 

I'm kinda thinking I want more of the Mordor aspect to it.

We're doing a corpus mission and there's a very small chance that if we parazon kill a crewmate he becomes the next "lich". Then randomly he will appear and he'll get stronger, then he'll send kill squads after you. The kill squads give you murmurs. Once they are full it gives you access to their ship that you need a railjack to get to, then you go in and defeat them. 

A little more engaging and a little more random to keep each mission fresh.

14 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

You see?! That little spark of an idea? DEy can do it...A long list of frustrating updates does't mean we have to stop advocating for this kind of changes. A little bit of faith, some perseverance on spamming the forums (maybe better in feedback) and maaaybe something good will come out. 

Honestly the way you phrased this sounds like you are damning DE with faint praise

What I want from the queenpin system:

-More complex personalities and interactions

-Robotic quadruped pets, we need a razorback as a pet

-New corpus unique weapons, such as scythes, duals, heavy blades, arch-melee and so on

-A way to get the weapon without the need to kill the... lawyer? the lich I mean c'mon you could sneak into her back, smack her a.s.s. and, when she turns back to you, you put a ring in her hand and while she asks herself wtf you pick the weapon like one of those gentlemans that ask for your coat and :

Spoiler

Seth Rollins Reaction GIF

-Connection with the rest of the game, like if a invasion takes place in the planet controled by her then she will appear 75% of the times in that mission or a random spawn in relic missions wich triggers a race to see who completes the mission before

-Long-term relationship, only if the first and the fourth point is met

-A way to summon them when converted

-Deep characters, now now don't think that kind of deep but with a weight in the corpus lines, the kuva liches feels like glorifided maniac bombards and this corpus liches must feel like the ones capable of lead a huge part of the corpus, why such a person as Parvos will choose them above all anyways?

-An overall improvement from the past system

What I don't want:

-Mastery fodder things

-Another content island

-Lazy/bad lore

-Completely broken AOE weapons, DE surely will mess this so...

-Bugs like the lich spawning inside de geometry or in a unreachable place

-Ephemeras with almost no effect or ephemeras that need bright colors (smoke body ephemera, burning step ephemera) seriously, not even the owner of the ephemera can see it

-OP liches, unless they have a good reason to be

Curious what the Lore will be for them

obviously being "Imbued with the Queens' Kuva" isn't going to be a valid explanation, cause... Corpus

hopefully that different Lore will also introduce a Different Mechanic. not just a Reskin of Requiem Mods and Relics.

hopefully if it does involve my Parazon, it doesn't conflict with Liches and lets me gear up to fight both types Simultaneously without having to go back and fourth between Separate Parazon Loadouts.

Archived