Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: TennoGen: 29.3.2

[DE]Megan

30 minutes ago, Monochromeatic said:

Anyone else notice the change to arcane pistoleer? it can longer be triggered as easily, is this intended?

Yep, seems like they finally fixed it.

14 hours ago, Elytral said:

Not mentioned in patch notes, but RIP Arcane Pistoleer

It worked off non-headshot kills from release until now; now it requires a headshot kill.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Azrael_RER said:

1. Actually for me its a big nerf, not all peps play Saryn for her's 1, and 4, after helminth system i replaced her 4 with Smite to give Smite Infusion with combined with Venom Dose, and Toxic Lash, with high power strenght, makes saryn kill everything by using weapons, eaven faster than chroma.

Same here actually, my Saryn Xata Nukor additive crit setup was the only thing that could clear rooms in Steel Path Mot faster than melee. It's like they want late game minmaxing to be a Wispnaros Roar gunblade keyboard drool festival followed by 3 hours of spamming your 1.5 dispo Whipclaw statstick on the same choke point. Obviously there are plenty of viable off meta or jank setups even on Steel Path but most players inevitably follow the path of least resistance.

20 hours ago, Unity.Duty.Destiny. said:

Please look at the Vitrica and work on its appearance. The edges look like cheap toy plastic and it makes a great weapon awful to look at.M2GEqin.png

Mine looks fine I have twin colours on the blade like it's alive, your's looks like it's bland, I thought I had a screenshot of it, I'll have to take one and post it.

Did you forma it to get the twin energy colours?

Edit:
Added pics and a video @Unity.Duty.Destiny.

Spoiler

F8B5C39D0D2DBBBFE2A21FA50C5F6DC5ED4ABB0E

6C2F6C9918341AAB57877366B21451C1693393FE

Video showing it.

Spoiler

Edited by Slayer-.
​​​​​​​Added pics and a video

20 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

There is small Fix we need, for those of us who care about AMPs and Eidolons: 

- Klebrik Scaffold ALT Fire doesn't home and sometimes doesn't do damage.
-- No changes noted, so this is a bug: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Klebrik_Scaffold

I've also found (gilded) amps that won't either damage or kill vomalysts (sry but dont remember which ones anymore).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Mine looks fine I have twin colours on the blade like it's alive, your's looks like it's bland, I thought I had a screenshot of it, I'll have to take one and post it.

Did you forma it to get the twin energy colours?

Edit:
Added pics and a video @Unity.Duty.Destiny.

Hide contents

F8B5C39D0D2DBBBFE2A21FA50C5F6DC5ED4ABB0E

6C2F6C9918341AAB57877366B21451C1693393FE

Video showing it.

Hide contents

WAIT THAT'S A THING?

Oh my god I feel so embarrassed I had zero idea to forma it

30 minutes ago, Unity.Duty.Destiny. said:

WAIT THAT'S A THING?

Oh my god I feel so embarrassed I had zero idea to forma it

Don't worry, it was a change DE did a long time ago, when you look at your weapons/warframes you'll see just one energy colour selection, if you forma the item once you'll then get two selections.

Now this doesn't mean you have to forma everything just to get the twin energy colour mix. As some Weapons/Warframes are just MR fodder.

So....quite an interesting week.  Let me take my negativity out first, so we can move on to the much more optimistic.

1. Your current release is still unstable.  In the span of 48 hours I've had one Helminth subsume lead to infinite loading on the arsenal screen, two black screens while trying to access the star chart, and a multitude of ping-ponging through hosts that have made missions unplayable.  Joy.
  2. No updates on released content with Deimos...that has basically had two months to fester.  The promise is some time in November this will mostly be fixed....yay.
  3. More arcanes...yay.  Will it be the 3 rank grinds, the 5 rank miserable grinds, or will it release with a 0.201% drop rate?  Yeah, not letting this go.
  4. Please fix your spawns on the corpus ship rework from this year.  4 tiles have visible spawns (with radar mods) that are beyond player bounds, two of the five spots can be seen by clipping the camera through walls to see these things.  It makes getting ayatans and syndicate medallions frustrating.
  5. Let me reiterate, it's been years since this game has been this unstable.  Please, fix it instead of issuing 10 gig downloads to prepare for the next generation of consoles while insulting your current player base with a bad experience.  

Now that we've had the negatives, let's discuss the stream.  I'll get to positives, but I have to point out concerns first.

1. Tap to cast on Zephyr is not a fix.  Casting in a single location will need a huge tornado to make it worth casting, otherwise it's just a bad version of Vauban's Bastille.  I applaud the attempt, but it seems like you want to add mechanics rather than understand its usage scenario and try to fix the problem.  More isn't better, just get the thing to actually work.  Maybe the "stickiness" is the solution, but without more speed the tornados aren't going to be fixed.
  2. Air Burst.  I...I just can't.  Increasing the damage fixes nothing, because it's not a scaling damage.  It's not capable of consistent crowd control.  Why exactly are you bound and determined to fix something so fundamentally broken?  If you remove the need for it to increase tornado size, then this ability can simply be ejected and replaced.  Adding damage isn't a solution, it's trying to make this ability do damage and CC without being good at either.
  3. November 6th.  We have less than two months.  Thanksgiving and Christmas/Chaunnakah/Kwanzaa/other winter holidays kill about two weeks.  That's basically 6 more weeks for you to release 29.4, two warframes, and Deimos Arcana.  Maybe it's time to sit down, give us a real picture of what is likely to be released, could be released, and isn't going to happen.  To be abundantly clear, we're still waiting on Wraith.  You promised 4 frames this year after tennocon...and it's not looking like that's going to happen.
  4. Ghouls saw when DE?  Dual wield nikanas when DE?  Let me be immensely blunt, these questions are borne from huge promises and bad delivery.  They're continued because of worse communication.  Please, fix this.

Now, finally the good stuff.

1. No Duviri Paradox promises!  Thank the lord above that we aren't back there yet.
  2. Promises to make the Lich encounters stable and on a galleon.  Interesting.  If you can fix the 1 in 6 chance of getting the right order after the miserable murmur grind, fix the encounter being RNG, and make the Liches actually feel like something more than a bad joke it'd be quite interesting.
  3. Corpus Liches.  Yeah, the Queenpin designation is pretty goofy considering the situation, and that nearly all the mooks in game have been male.  That said, it'd be interesting to see exactly what more than a year has taught you about these systems...and I'm hopeful that it's more than "ignore this content other than as MR fodder because primary and secondary weapons are garbage now that melee is the only thing which scales to higher level content."
  4. Steel Path....I have mixed feelings about.  Consistent earnings is nice...as well as the events allowing for random groups.  That being said, people are already farming the best missions so redoing these missions for a single guaranteed drop seems like a lot of frustration for little reward.  Likewise, weekly stuff from Teshin is a very risky situation.  This game mode is still bullet sponge hell, with cheese tactics dominating it.  If you're going to hide anything but cosmetics behind this it's going to be received poorly.  Exactly what possessed you to make a "hard mode" where 90% or more of your content is unusable?  It's still baffling, but hopefully will spur engagement.
  5. The communication on stream was actually good.  It's refreshing to see you acting like a real professional entity, and not immediately devolving into nebulous promises and "soon" content.  I applaud whatever you decided to do prior to this, to make sure you were all on the same page.
  6. Welcome to warframe, with regards to falling through the level geometry.  It's really not funny that it happened when displaying content that is to ship shortly, but it's really indicative of our experience with this game.  I know it's a bit to ask, but maybe experiencing this can spur you to prevent it from happening in game?
  7. Acolytes as "mini-bosses."  I'm not sure how to feel here.  The thing about the acolytes is they used warframe powers, and you had to quickly kill them to get an RNG drop before immediately grinding the missions again, just to try and get a rare mod.  It's now going to presumably be a single steel essence drop.  You've killed the ability to farm via the current endless missions....but that 85 steel essence requirement is looking to be a literal month of grinding missions to get then.  It's exchanging a relative RNG roll with grind potential into a much slower resource accumulation....and I'm not sure this isn't just motivated by the desire to decrease rewards and artificially extend engagement with the system by making it less rewarding.  I've got my fingers crossed hoping this is well thought out...but am still looking at 0.201% drop chances and not holding my breath.

It's largely been a bad year.  This game doesn't feel like it's made such slow progress since 2015....and the start with Liches and Railjack releasing in such a poor state poisoned any optimism remaining.  You're welcome to chalk this up to a pandemic, but the history suggests otherwise.  I'd like to retain hope for 2021, where maybe we'll see a new DE.  One that listens like they did in 2014.  One that isn't focused on open worlds, and maybe decides to clear the list of outstanding promises so any detractors can finally be silenced.  I have hope, but it's time to take those first steps.  If not...I don't believe there's a future here.  Warframe isn't going to start "next gen" with a clean slate.  One of the first youtube videos you can find is about controversies, and the rabbit hole deepens every year.  It's going to be tough to push this as a next generation game with all of the history....and hopefully you decide that as developers it's time to clean the slate and make this game next generation.  

• Like 7

8 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

It's largely been a bad year.  This game doesn't feel like it's made such slow progress since 2015....and the start with Liches and Railjack releasing in such a poor state poisoned any optimism remaining.  You're welcome to chalk this up to a pandemic, but the history suggests otherwise.  I'd like to retain hope for 2021, where maybe we'll see a new DE.  One that listens like they did in 2014.  One that isn't focused on open worlds, and maybe decides to clear the list of outstanding promises so any detractors can finally be silenced.  I have hope, but it's time to take those first steps.  If not...I don't believe there's a future here.  Warframe isn't going to start "next gen" with a clean slate.  One of the first youtube videos you can find is about controversies, and the rabbit hole deepens every year.  It's going to be tough to push this as a next generation game with all of the history....and hopefully you decide that as developers it's time to clean the slate and make this game next generation.  

A true honest opinion. 

DE should focus on open Worlds if they are elaborated and well designed. Deimos was a good example. 

DE, you have to increase your work force and your departments so your work gets coordinated, revised and tested

DE you must increase your number of employees and personnel for multiple tasks in the game. The game grew up in complexity and specialization, your management is not small. It requires dedicated 'divisions' on modules of the game such as Rail Jack and Arch Wing, The open Worlds, the lore and single player campaign quests. 

DE please hire writers and experts that helps you round up all the lore in the game. It deserves love. The leverian was your first attempt. It worked. Expand on that. 

War Frame for the next generation will confront a lot of competition and challenges. DE you should show a presentation more formal and professional. The game increased in scale, size and scope. Your demography grew and so your second chances. The next generation gave you that second chance. Learn from your past, adapt, adopt and evolve. 

People are hungry for quality instead of producing volatile content. Don't overextend with excessive time gates, time sinks, XP gates the great experience in the game. 

DE work on the levels that people visits the most. HYDRON IS YOUR PRESENTATION CARD for better or worse. That level REQUIRES LOVE. It's just a piston going up and down. Make Hydron interesting and update the interior of the Grineer Galleons. Farming levels should be awesome looking. Farming levels should bring surprises like unexpected boass fights. Grinding levels should provide unexpected happenings so the experience of staying 5 hours becomes an event. 

DE please don't let your game fall to irrelevancy. The community is hungry for more lore, content, updates, quality, missions and of course QUALITY on the DELIVERY. Sony's wants your game improve and blossoms. Many of us ordered a PS5 with the excuse of seeing this game in full glory as it should. 

• Like 4

DE....I'm getting tired of this crap now.

I thought the range on Primed Animal Instinct was wrong...so I did some testing in-game.  CONSIDER THIS A BUG REPORT!  

Stated range: 33 meters with a 12 meter height.  (checked on wiki, because the +33 stat might be magic math)

Actual range: 20 meters horizontally.

Let's cover the test methodology.  Go into a mission as Loki, so you can stealth.  Find a decently long hallway, with a relatively stationary enemy.  Equip the synthesis scanner, and walk forward until they appear on the radar.  Check the distance with synthesis scanner...20 meters.  Move back, and they instantly disappear.  Move forward, they reappear.

Assume the synthesis scanner is wrong.  Equip Vectis Prime.  Perform same experiment.  20 meters.

Either you've managed to break another thing that was working....because, or you've managed to stealth nerf another thing.  I don't even understand this anymore, because the loot radar still seems to be working.  Come on.

-Edit-

A bit of background.  Saturn-Casini-Capture mission.  Completing daily synthesis target mission.  Enemies tested on include the butcher, lancer, and drahk master on this mission.  

No spawns for the kuva lich at this time, but the target was a trooper.

Why so frustrated?  Well...at this point I'm coming off of grind for the Deimos bounties....and the Latrox Une segment is a mess now about a month without commentary....and it's getting to me.

These blasted stealth changes are just miserable, and you can never tell if it's an intended or accidental change.  All the while, I get to hear about the next big update....and wonder what fresh misery and breakage it will bring.

-edit end-

Edited by master_of_destiny
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

DE....I'm getting tired of this crap now.

I thought the range on Primed Animal Instinct was wrong...so I did some testing in-game.  CONSIDER THIS A BUG REPORT!  

Stated range: 33 meters with a 12 meter height.  (checked on wiki, because the +33 stat might be magic math)

Actual range: 20 meters horizontally.

Let's cover the test methodology.  Go into a mission as Loki, so you can stealth.  Find a decently long hallway, with a relatively stationary enemy.  Equip the synthesis scanner, and walk forward until they appear on the radar.  Check the distance with synthesis scanner...20 meters.  Move back, and they instantly disappear.  Move forward, they reappear.

Assume the synthesis scanner is wrong.  Equip Vectis Prime.  Perform same experiment.  20 meters.

Either you've managed to break another thing that was working....because, or you've managed to stealth nerf another thing.  I don't even understand this anymore, because the loot radar still seems to be working.  Come on.

Glad you made that point, I've been wondering the same thing of late but haven't tested it yet.

Enemies seem to just appear on the minimap from out of nowhere of late and I'm sure it never use to be like that with Primed Animal Instinct.

I will also test this out in my game when I'm on.

• Like 1

I don't know where to write this, i've never actually been to the forums before, so sorry if it is out of place here. Thank you for making this amazing game, it's incredible. Each time i pick up the game again i am amazed how far Digital Extremes and warframe has come and after all these years i just felt the need to reach out with this feeling i had to the forums and the community team. Keep up the great work and i'm looking forward to everything you're working on and going to work on. Love you guys <3

• Like 2

Will unreacheable syndicate medallions on corpus ship remaster tileset be fixed? It's almost 5 months have passed since Update 28 release, there's just three spots people complaining about, r u really unable to just move them a few meters away from their totally unreachable places to reachable places?

Spoiler

Update 29.3.2, 9th of November, 17:56 (05:56 PM) Kiev(GMT+2) timezone, 152 days have passed since Update 28 initial release, this issue still exist
dpcdytuki8y51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=6a9dfea0485558332a6da5e88def58ade1d07cc9

Edited by Darth_Krayt

55DA0EC84E939749760D142A124BEBE770F0EDE1there is so much wrong on the picture, i dont even know where i could start with all the bugs... Just saying 1 thing, no i did not change my cam settings or something and yes, the cam was suddednly upside down and i was standing. in the railjack. with my normal gun equiped...not an archwing one even if it seems like it...

Ok, as a self-proclaimed Zephyr Main, There's really only one thing Zephyr actually needs to buff: 
Enemies Ragdolled by Tornadoes count as having the Lifted Status for Melee Mods, such as Saxum and Enduring Affliction.

Stable Tornado is a great Idea, but I agree with @master_of_destiny, It won't be worth it unless it's a huge tornado with a 25-30m Radius, and draw them into the tornado. I can think of a billion different ways this would actually synergize REALLY well with Zephyr's Kit and already existing Mods. Saxum Set is obvious, but the Hunter and Tek sets are ripe for combo with Zephyr's kit if she just has the tools to make use of it.
Slash Proc with Enduring Affliction combined with the Hunter set and Relentless Combination to feed into Weeping Wounds, Gladiator, and a Steel. Throw in the Hunter and Tek sets, and maybe some playing around with Synth Deconstruct and you have the potential for Zephyr being the Ultimate CC Master-Frame.

Either that, or just PLEASE give us something like a Mod set that grants buffs for Aerial Melee Combos, or something with Aim Glide that makes the Sarpa/Aero Mod Build.
Zephyr has the best Movement in the game. Her Kit is insanely fun to build around Aerial Maneuvers. Proton+Motus+Bullet Jump Boosts and I've been nearly able to race Archwings across Free Roams. She has the best potential Parkour of any Frame, but she doesn't have any way to use it.
Just... Give us something that makes being the Bird Frame fun while BEING IN THE AIR.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CarpeDiemJugulum said:

Ok, as a self-proclaimed Zephyr Main, There's really only one thing Zephyr actually needs to buff: 
Enemies Ragdolled by Tornadoes count as having the Lifted Status for Melee Mods, such as Saxum and Enduring Affliction.

Stable Tornado is a great Idea, but I agree with @master_of_destiny, It won't be worth it unless it's a huge tornado with a 25-30m Radius, and draw them into the tornado. I can think of a billion different ways this would actually synergize REALLY well with Zephyr's Kit and already existing Mods. Saxum Set is obvious, but the Hunter and Tek sets are ripe for combo with Zephyr's kit if she just has the tools to make use of it.
Slash Proc with Enduring Affliction combined with the Hunter set and Relentless Combination to feed into Weeping Wounds, Gladiator, and a Steel. Throw in the Hunter and Tek sets, and maybe some playing around with Synth Deconstruct and you have the potential for Zephyr being the Ultimate CC Master-Frame.

Either that, or just PLEASE give us something like a Mod set that grants buffs for Aerial Melee Combos, or something with Aim Glide that makes the Sarpa/Aero Mod Build.
Zephyr has the best Movement in the game. Her Kit is insanely fun to build around Aerial Maneuvers. Proton+Motus+Bullet Jump Boosts and I've been nearly able to race Archwings across Free Roams. She has the best potential Parkour of any Frame, but she doesn't have any way to use it.
Just... Give us something that makes being the Bird Frame fun while BEING IN THE AIR.

Let's entertain this idea, and try to understand how it might work.  Please note, this is not criticism of the idea.  I want to understand a perspective and believe talking it out might help me, and hopefully others, to get the ideas straight.

Now, step one is to determine how the kit interacts in itself.  This is....frustrating.  DE has one power directly buffing another, and it's not a trivial buff.  100% increased size means that even a small stationary tornado could theoretically be buffed into a screen destroying mess.  This is somewhat the problem we see with a Vauban using a very light energy color, because a lime green bastille should really come with an epilepsy warning and a welding helmet to prevent blindness.  So...I think we really have to separate the interaction of air burst from this, or your default tornado is going to be an issue.

Our next step is to look at what it does, and ponder why.  Let's peel this onion.  Tap will be a stationary large, with presumably a lot of local CC.  Hold will be a quadruple dose of slow meandering messes that are mobile.  Presumably hold+augment will produce an octuplet of fast tornados completely without CC.  This mean Zephyr basically gets to have all of the potential iterations of this ability....and none of them have yet proven to be effective.  How so?  Well, the big tornado is Bastille....which Vauban does better with the Bastille/Vortex ability (AND HAS INNATE ARMOR STRIP).  The quadruple tornados are too slow and stupid to be consistently effective.  The augment is great...if you can consolidate enemies and use the tornados as status spreaders.  

So....Vauban does the big tornado better.  Khora and Nidus both do the enemy consolidation better.  The Kuva Nukor does status spreading much more consistently.  By my count then, there's no usage case where this shiny new iteration is not paling in comparison to other pre-existing content.  If it's not better, then the only justification is that this is to simply add more, and hopefully use it to sell something instead of putting forward the huge effort to actually fix this.

Now, I'm Buzz Killington, right?  There's a usage case where you could theoretically suspend enemies, chain status, and thereby result in massive CC and huge damage numbers.  Well, theoretically.  Just like the tornado augment could theoretically obliterate level 170 enemies nearly instantly with huge status stacks.  In reality such a build would have to forego any balance....and Zephyr is a frame that desperately needs survival tools at any level it is conceivable for this to be reasonable.

Let me elaborate.  If you're dealing with mooks then it'll be faster the do a single melee attack, rather than a chain build to insane status.  If the mooks get to be durable, then the problem becomes the inability to use close quarter combat.  Remember, Zephyr is a frame with very low armor despite the huge health and shield pools....and the casting animation for turbulence is longer than the rolling guard invincibility...and even with a decaying key you'll never get a second chance to shield gate....and finally, building for the power strength to make tornados dangerous hurts either range (thereby reducing how good turbulence is), efficiency (300 base energy for 4 large tornados is very high), or duration (hammering turbulence and tornado).

Note that I'm not a fan of Vauban....but it's not like he isn't king of direct and predictable CC.  Octavia's Resonator can CC enemies into a murder conga line.  Nidus and Khora agglomerate enemies better.  The proposed tornado doesn't rival any of these....and most frustratingly it's not better than the sum of its parts because each "extra" power added changes its usage case instead of making it better.

What I fear is a never ending vacuum problem.  The last Zephyr change was for the Prime.  Before that was the change from Tornado rag doll to damage transfer.  If they slap on this new coat of paint it'll be years before we see any new attempt to fix her, and it's not like there's a huge amount of masochists, ahem, Zephyr mains out the screaming for a good rework.

Maybe DE has it right.  Making the range greater will prevent enemies from just ignoring the tornados.  That said, I don't see this as competing.  It's a side-grade with some niche potential just like the Opticor Vandal.  Yeah...I'm an idiot.  I loved Zephyr, and I loved the Opticor.  It's basically the only Vandal whose variant actively spits on the original and doesn't really deserve to be a "better" variant.  This said, I don't think they care.  If Zephyr moved merchandise like Excalibur this might be a different story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, master_of_destiny said:

I

Let's entertain this idea, and try to understand how it might work.  Please note, this is not criticism of the idea.  I want to understand a perspective and believe talking it out might help me, and hopefully others, to get the ideas straight.

Now, step one is to determine how the kit interacts in itself.  This is....frustrating.  DE has one power directly buffing another, and it's not a trivial buff.  100% increased size means that even a small stationary tornado could theoretically be buffed into a screen destroying mess.  This is somewhat the problem we see with a Vauban using a very light energy color, because a lime green bastille should really come with an epilepsy warning and a welding helmet to prevent blindness.  So...I think we really have to separate the interaction of air burst from this, or your default tornado is going to be an issue.

Our next step is to look at what it does, and ponder why.  Let's peel this onion.  Tap will be a stationary large, with presumably a lot of local CC.  Hold will be a quadruple dose of slow meandering messes that are mobile.  Presumably hold+augment will produce an octuplet of fast tornados completely without CC.  This mean Zephyr basically gets to have all of the potential iterations of this ability....and none of them have yet proven to be effective.  How so?  Well, the big tornado is Bastille....which Vauban does better with the Bastille/Vortex ability (AND HAS INNATE ARMOR STRIP).  The quadruple tornados are too slow and stupid to be consistently effective.  The augment is great...if you can consolidate enemies and use the tornados as status spreaders.  

So....Vauban does the big tornado better.  Khora and Nidus both do the enemy consolidation better.  The Kuva Nukor does status spreading much more consistently.  By my count then, there's no usage case where this shiny new iteration is not paling in comparison to other pre-existing content.  If it's not better, then the only justification is that this is to simply add more, and hopefully use it to sell something instead of putting forward the huge effort to actually fix this.

Now, I'm Buzz Killington, right?  There's a usage case where you could theoretically suspend enemies, chain status, and thereby result in massive CC and huge damage numbers.  Well, theoretically.  Just like the tornado augment could theoretically obliterate level 170 enemies nearly instantly with huge status stacks.  In reality such a build would have to forego any balance....and Zephyr is a frame that desperately needs survival tools at any level it is conceivable for this to be reasonable.

Let me elaborate.  If you're dealing with mooks then it'll be faster the do a single melee attack, rather than a chain build to insane status.  If the mooks get to be durable, then the problem becomes the inability to use close quarter combat.  Remember, Zephyr is a frame with very low armor despite the huge health and shield pools....and the casting animation for turbulence is longer than the rolling guard invincibility...and even with a decaying key you'll never get a second chance to shield gate....and finally, building for the power strength to make tornados dangerous hurts either range (thereby reducing how good turbulence is), efficiency (300 base energy for 4 large tornados is very high), or duration (hammering turbulence and tornado).

Note that I'm not a fan of Vauban....but it's not like he isn't king of direct and predictable CC.  Octavia's Resonator can CC enemies into a murder conga line.  Nidus and Khora agglomerate enemies better.  The proposed tornado doesn't rival any of these....and most frustratingly it's not better than the sum of its parts because each "extra" power added changes its usage case instead of making it better.

What I fear is a never ending vacuum problem.  The last Zephyr change was for the Prime.  Before that was the change from Tornado rag doll to damage transfer.  If they slap on this new coat of paint it'll be years before we see any new attempt to fix her, and it's not like there's a huge amount of masochists, ahem, Zephyr mains out the screaming for a good rework.

Maybe DE has it right.  Making the range greater will prevent enemies from just ignoring the tornados.  That said, I don't see this as competing.  It's a side-grade with some niche potential just like the Opticor Vandal.  Yeah...I'm an idiot.  I loved Zephyr, and I loved the Opticor.  It's basically the only Vandal whose variant actively spits on the original and doesn't really deserve to be a "better" variant.  This said, I don't think they care.  If Zephyr moved merchandise like Excalibur this might be a different story.

Really, more than anything, I'd like Zephyr to be Aerial Valkyr. 

I'd like a kit built around her ability to maneuver with ease and Parkour her way through maps in ways that Volt and Gauss can only dream of, and the energy efficiency to make Titania look like a Fuel-guzzling Grineer Ship by comparison.

Aero might be the only mod set that directly rewards you for being airborne, an even then, only while aim gliding with a Sniper Rifle. 

Motus makes you immune to Knockback in the sky, and gives you the tools to stay airborne, as does Proton, but I've yet to find a loadout that can take full advantage of it. 

Heavy Slams from On High are a ton of fun, and I've fiddled with an Arca Titron Zephyr Build. Granted, Bird Meteors are some of the most fun I've had with Zephyr, but they really can't stand up to Endgame content. 

The closest I've been able to manage for something really fitting to Zeph and her kit is a rather costly build based around the Prisma Obex/Nami Skyla Prime with the Sacrificial set, Shattering Impact, and what basically amounts to your traditional Valkyr Talons Build on the Obex, but with way too many attack speed mods on what is already the fastest non-exalted Melee in order to compensate for losing Combo whenever you have to Slam to approach the next group of enemies. 

It's still the most fun you can have with her. Makes Valkyr feel Sluggish by comparison. 

• Like 1

On 2020-11-06 at 5:04 AM, ZyoNiX said:

Whats happening to enemy spawns?  Ive sat in fortuna with 4 Beacons RED and not a single enemy for 30 minutes at Spaceport.  Is toroid farming broken?  Anything todo with the so called "fixes" you did like on Ophelia?

This has been a buggy thing for a long time. Sometimes you will have beacons but enemies don't spawn as expected. I believe part of this, at the Spaceport, has to do with enemies spawning inside the structure and clogging up the (max number of active enemies) thing. Try going a little outside the Spaceport to see if enemies spawn more frequently. I have pretty consistent luck with spawn density outside the western side gate near the road.

15 hours ago, CarpeDiemJugulum said:

Really, more than anything, I'd like Zephyr to be Aerial Valkyr. 

I'd like a kit built around her ability to maneuver with ease and Parkour her way through maps in ways that Volt and Gauss can only dream of, and the energy efficiency to make Titania look like a Fuel-guzzling Grineer Ship by comparison.

Aero might be the only mod set that directly rewards you for being airborne, an even then, only while aim gliding with a Sniper Rifle. 

Motus makes you immune to Knockback in the sky, and gives you the tools to stay airborne, as does Proton, but I've yet to find a loadout that can take full advantage of it. 

Heavy Slams from On High are a ton of fun, and I've fiddled with an Arca Titron Zephyr Build. Granted, Bird Meteors are some of the most fun I've had with Zephyr, but they really can't stand up to Endgame content. 

The closest I've been able to manage for something really fitting to Zeph and her kit is a rather costly build based around the Prisma Obex/Nami Skyla Prime with the Sacrificial set, Shattering Impact, and what basically amounts to your traditional Valkyr Talons Build on the Obex, but with way too many attack speed mods on what is already the fastest non-exalted Melee in order to compensate for losing Combo whenever you have to Slam to approach the next group of enemies. 

It's still the most fun you can have with her. Makes Valkyr feel Sluggish by comparison. 

It is possible to build Zephyr for very effective hover/aerial gameplay using a combination of mods/augments and arcanes. My new favorite Zephyr build is essentially an aerial turret. With the Primary Tombfinger and aerial ace (boosts doublejump count) you can stay in the air for a few minutes without touching the ground.

Unfortunately I do not have a link to the build otherwise I would share it.

But the mods for my loadout are:

Warframe:
aviator, aerodynamic, stealth drift, aero vantage, patagium, motus signal, Arcane Arachne, Arcane Avenger
Preference based are primed continuity, vitality, primed flow, augur message

Sentinel:

Anti-grav Array

Preference based (I use djinn) are medi-ray, shield charger, guardian, vacuum, calculated redirection, self destruct, primed animal instinct, reawaken 

The build pretty effectively uses the 1, 3 and 4. 2nd ability can be swapped via helminth to whatever suits your needs.

I have yet to try a moa with Tractor Beam but I hear that the limited range of the tractor beam buff does not matter regarding the change to aim glide gravity. The extra aim glide time could be helpful but even without this you have an incredible amount of time while aimgliding.

Primary (kitgun with pax soar or any other primary what can use Aerial Ace)

Aerial ace + pax soar are required

Motus Setup can be very helpful if you are using a shotgun (but I prefer to not use a shotgun for this build as you tend to be relatively far away from enemies. Some shotgun class weapons 'work' but none I've found are as effective as Tombfinger Kitgun).

Secondary (kitgun with pax soar or azima)

Melee (can be most anything)

Motus Impact

Edited by Leqesai