Share your wildest Bullet jump remastered idea

17 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

Bullet jump and the movement system as a whole allow for near-unlimited mobility. It would be interesting to have a constraint on this to provide balance, maybe in the form of a resource or meter. We already have health in red and energy-a mana equivalent-in blue, so the logical choice would be a green bar called... 'stamina', maybe? So we could have this third meter of stamina that would deplete whenever you bullet jumped, rolled, or did a parkour maneuver. Maybe even whenever you sprinted. It would take a second or two of normal walking to allow it to start refilling.

I'm sure that that would be an enjoyable and popular way to make movement require a more thoughtful approach. 🗿

You know you have a point. What if they added wall run back in, and a stamina like feature. But instead of a quickly depleting bar that drains as you run... what if we used our operator void energy. Like what we use to void cloak. But this meter would only drain when you aimglide (which is already limited by duration) and wall run. Perhaps for charged jumps as i mentioned earlier. And then, make each frame use less per action as it ranks up. Add in some form of increase or efficency as you achieve certain aspects of the game with your operator. Almost like your operator becomes masterful using a particular vessel up to a point where its "mastered". 

And of course it would regen when not using it or even from orbs. 

Edited by PookieNumnums

Maybe not so much a remaster of the mechanic itself but a lot of the older tilesets especially the frozen Corpus shipwreck one do not mesh well at all with this movement system.

I think reworking those tilesets would probably be the best move in terms of improving the parkour experience.

Edited by Tricky5hift

Naturally restore old parkour, wall running was much cooler. I confess I was very fond of gaming the stamina bar and repeatedly kicking off opposing surfaces to reach new heights. 

Bullet jumping definitely made the world feel smaller, less imposing. Especially the void. 

• Like 1

I wish we could do another bullet jump before finishing first bullet jump. I've put Amalgam Serration (+60% do roll speed) and it makes my games more responsive. Rolls are much quicker so you can do 2-3 to travel the same distance as a bullet jump.

17 hours ago, Sweg178 said:

For example, imagine mirage bullet jump like gymnastics which actually compliments her clown theme

Soo... like Protea's?

17 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

Not remastered, but, a nasty idea nonetheless. The next Warframe's bullet jump is unique in that it is a 15-20m instant teleport forward with a 2 second cooldown.

It would seem interesting to me to see how that would work.

Either it's your idea and you can move without limits using rolls (rolls could even short teleport you).

Or at the end of bullet jump you get some effects like paralyzing nearby enemies.

16 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

I remember this being suggested on a dev stream a while ago, but id love to see a new tab in the warframe appearance tab for movement.

Could choose between different sprint animations, dodge animations, bullet jump animations, etc.

That would be nice. I would put Protea's or Xaku's rolls everywhere.

Sadly they are just animation. For example Protea fly above obstacles (rolls) but the game doesn't detect that the Protea is above obstacles and just stop her. Same with Xaku's rolls.

16 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

Let us not reinvent the wheel here ok? Bullet jumping is one of the warframe trademarks. It's cool, it works as intended, how about directing resources where they are actually needed. 

Is it suppose to move you from one point to another point with some "speed boost"? There's some thing to be improved

4 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

Bullet jump and the movement system as a whole allow for near-unlimited mobility. It would be interesting to have a constraint on this to provide balance, maybe in the form of a resource or meter. We already have health in red and energy-a mana equivalent-in blue, so the logical choice would be a green bar called... 'stamina', maybe? So we could have this third meter of stamina that would deplete whenever you bullet jumped, rolled, or did a parkour maneuver. Maybe even whenever you sprinted. It would take a second or two of normal walking to allow it to start refilling.

I'm sure that that would be an enjoyable and popular way to make movement require a more thoughtful approach. 🗿

Big no... it would make some games muuuch slower.

22 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

It was a less than subtle S#&$post about Warframe's original stamina system.

I'm sorry. Novadays I'm not sure if people trolling/joking or they are just stupid (or in this case just likes "tactical" games).

I... I liked Warframe when it was a tactical game. 

I’d be over the moon if there were a mode that restored that playstyle.

The game shifted from “subtle” ninja magic to grandiose, legendary, reality warping magic. That’s fine, a lot of people grew to love that. I do too, to an extent. But strategic stamina usage, limited but impressive feats of athleticism, finding cover, and archetypical group dynamics were deeply satisfying too. Where modern Warframe defines fluidity as non-conflicting systems, old Warframe saw fluidity as learning to seamlessly transition between systems. It was really impressive and satisfying to go from cover into a wall run, backflip, spin/slide attack, stun, and execute before rolling into your next action. 

As things are I’ve been inattentively button mashing and deliberately self sabotaging my builds because the game can’t create difficulty. Even in the highest level content.

I love Warframe, truly, but I’ve always missed what it was.

I understand that many people enjoy the present state of two-button room clearing though. Despite this I know I’m not the only one who uses dragon keys and bad builds to simulate slight difficulty. 

• Like 2

the freedom of movement wf has out of the box is what hooked me, if i need anything more i use mods/abilities/passives etc. if they force a change onto bullet jumping, i'm bullet jumping off of this ship. seriously with all that's wrong with the game, and all these updates that water it down further you want to fix stuff that isn't even broken?

I don't think the function of bullet jump should change, but the animation for bullet jump, dodge, even aim glide, could be enhanced to fit each frame. They could add it to the core customizable animations for each frame, or they could piece meal it with separate animations for the frame posture, dodge, and bullet jump, so they can be mixed and matched. 

IDK if it's necessary to come up with a unique one for every frame, but they could offer a few primary ones like heavy, agile and intense, then fill it out with frame specific ones like Protea, Limbo and Wisp dodge animations, or something special for Titania and Zephyr, like a soaring animation on bullet jump, instead of a twirl. 

They could also give the jump and double jump animations an alternative, instead of a somersault, it could be a flapping motion.

And then maybe even pair up some winged and rocket cosmetics to flap or boost when parkouring.

It's a high hope, but players will gladly pay plat for unique animations, the same way they do to unlock animations for frames and holstering currently.  

Simple QoL Improvement:

Activate Bullet Jump from a single button, instead of needing a crouch/jump combo press.

?maybe just make a it a toggle, where as long as you have Sprint On(which btw, should be fixed to Not untoggle itself when you stop moving), the normal Jump button will just do a Bullet Jump instead?