Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Revisit Workshop

[DE]Connor

Not sure I understand or like the idea of stances working through like that. Wouldn't a stance specifically designed to pair with a secondary make more sense? Seems like a space ninja would switch stances up when using a weapon in that style, to me.
That aside, the changes look good. It does bring a related topic to mind, though...

Is the secondary+melee system going to be extended to other light melee weapons soon?
I'd personally most like to see them paired with single dagger and machete weapons, but I could see them matching fine with rapier weapons, perhaps single swords if there can be some tweaks to two-handed strike animations. Maybe even whips?

On 2020-11-07 at 11:37 AM, Diezen said:

I'm hoping they're looking at the charged throws having almost no window for the timing when a random Volt or Wisp gives you a speed buff. It makes it nearly impossible to do the timed throws with glaives, and especially kills glaives like the Orvius where it needs that to function. What ends up happening is the timing gets so sped up, you have to hold e for a half second and get the timing mechanic done BEFORE the visual indicator even shows up, and even then the window is smaller it seems on top of that.

Other than the bug i hope they also rework the way you activate the special suspend throw it is way too rigid and tedious to stand still and do all the annoying requirements to activate it and it really disrupts the fluid motion of your attacks making it too bothersome to use which is so annoying because its so cool and deals amazing damage ( actually its not too amazing but it gets the job done at least )it just takes way too long (this talking about the dedicated melee mode (hold f mode) specifically , with dual wielding the only problem is that stupid speed bug preventing you from charging up to max to activate suspension throws)

There are also some problems with glaives right now that would be nice if they were addressed. When you heavy attack with a glaive you throw it, but glaive throws don't benefit at all from heavy attack mods or the combo multiplier. I'm not sure if the explosion benefits from heavy attack mods right now but I do know that the thrown glaive doesn't. It would be really nice if the thrown glaive could benefit from heavy attack mods.

1 minute ago, SpoopySkellington4u said:

There are also some problems with glaives right now that would be nice if they were addressed. When you heavy attack with a glaive you throw it, but glaive throws don't benefit at all from heavy attack mods or the combo multiplier. I'm not sure if the explosion benefits from heavy attack mods right now but I do know that the thrown glaive doesn't. It would be really nice if the thrown glaive could benefit from heavy attack mods.

It works like this:

Glaive throw = No benefit from heavy attack mods, but also doesn't consume combo points (I think it even INCREASES combo point)

Glaive throw-explosion = Benefits from heavy attack mods, but also consumes combo points.

I think it's fine as it is.

On 2020-11-06 at 8:40 PM, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Can other non-glaive class weapons that have a throwing part get some of these benefits? Mainly Wolf Sledge and Sigma & Octantis.
Don't forget Deconstuctor too

Deconstructer is considered a glaive class weapon iirc,  Sigma and octantis I dont think will be elidgable for a lot of these as thrown shields dont get multiple bounces. and cant be thrown from standing. Wolf sledge maybe could work for some of them but i wouldnt expect it. 

Great Work! 

These works not only fix the problem that has been since The Old Blood but also improve the old fashioned Dual-Wielding to a next gen! Volatile mods are cool as well.

I am happy if Wolf Sledge can use those glaive mods because its throwing is utterly mediocre now.

On 2020-11-06 at 8:01 PM, Mephane said:

I love the pistol + glaive combo in particular and am looking forward to these buffs, my highlight is the stance attacks becoming usable in the dual mode.

But all of this makes me wonder, maybe all one-handed melee weapons should allow being dual wielded with one-handed secondaries, if not for additional game mechanical effect, then at least for style.

You're right! The Pistol + Glaive combo is pretty good... but what about Pistol + Gunblade, Pistol + Single-Handed Sword, Pistol + Scythe, etc? That would make the switching between secondary and melee a bit more smoother and they could also add some functionality with these combos.

On 2020-11-09 at 11:49 AM, Darken217 said:

Detonation. It is true that the explosion was inconsistent, in a way that made the explosion radius rather unpredictable.
This was annoying in the age of self-damage, but is really painfull in the age of stagger, especially with the already increased explosion radius that was introduced along with the self-damage changes.

Maybe this?

All bounces should target the nearest enemy rather than going at a random direction. 

There should be zero-sum +bounce and -bounce mods that affect crit and status chance. 

+X bounces 
Add % critical chance per bounce , reduces % status chance per bounce

+X bounces 
Add % status chance per bounce , reduces % crit chance per bounce

-X bounces 
Add % critical chance per bounce removed , reduces % status chance per bounce removed

-X bounces 
Add % status chance per bounce removed , reduces % crit chance per bounce removed

Archived