Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream Overview 11/6/2020

I promise not to get in a ridiculous politcal debate this time :tongue:

Anyway, my thoughts.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

Zephyr
Airburst damage buff per target hit , hp belo 30% open them for pazaron finisher 

Parazon finishers don't trigger on ragdolled targets until they return to their standing state, so frankly this is a fairly poor change.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:
  • They will be coming back as mini bosses in steelpath
  • Steelpath dailies -rewards steel essence 
  • Implementing old taxi to node via an alert and on completion node is obtained and unlocked 
  • Teshin will have rotating rare items

I like it. Slower but more consistent. Hopefully they'll also bring in the Bishamo armour changes so we can mix and match both armour designs.

GupCp-jxBMqs7F6TEqHMfy2bd3sOd7K-gIvHmnd6BCi7mGs62V_FOnFxVGn80cWbAQ5yf5no2F1wjQGmGqeKOe4zoo_OfWpRIyRYXLesSCRyUnk3NeyUn7BG6pG95ZP-TN4QDxA8

HELL YEAH. RAILJACK CONTENT! 

H E L L Y E A H 

RAILJACK CONTEEEEEEEEEEEEENT!

I'm a great believer in Railjack. Hopefully it's FINALLY starting to get its dues.

As a fan of both Devil May Cry and transforming items in general, this pleases me greatly. I wonder if the transformation will be involved in the mechanics, or if it'll be purely visual. I hope the former, given they hyped it as a new weapon class overall.

Bone Widow looks awesome. I'm probably gonna switch to it as soon as possible. I like the Artillery, but the aesthetics of Bone Widow's Samurai/Knight Hybridisation is just does it for me.

thanks as always Mako! a LOT of good stuff here:

- I'm SUPER glad about Chroma's changes, I've fantasized about being able to change elements on the fly for a LONG time and now we're finally getting it. spectral scream will actually be USEFUL! I can't believe my eyes! not sure about how good the other changes will be, but they sound great on paper. people have been asking for Ash to have a less finnicky targeting system for Bladestorm ever since the rework, so I'll be glad to see that addressed. Zephyr... eh, it still doens't make Airburst much more than situational, but I might get some use out of it. atlas and Nekros changes are ok, but Soul Punch really needs more range. even more stacks for Nidus, LOL! infested daddy is gonna break the game again..

- the augments all seem kinda meh to me, especially Revenant's one: isn't the biggest problem with Rev's Thralls being that sneezing in their vicinity kills them anyway, thus makign this augment useless? Gauss' one doesn't sound useful either, Garuda's might be useful-ish, and Wisp's might be good, but sounds like it requires some setting up first AND you have to use a Sniper.

- VERY glad to see Steel Path alerts, will be farming the heck out of these, especially if Tehin's "rare stuff" is also pretty good. glad the Acolyte's will be permanent, but will ALL of them be there, meaning Misery included? he's still never returned since the OG Shadow Debt. oh, and I assume their drop tables will be the same, so the price of mods like Argon Scope is going to crash now that it can be farmed any time.

- obviously looking forward to Deimos Arcana, Bone Widow mech looks awesome, as does that Entrati Grenade Launcher. I really like these oversized Entrati weapons, thoguh it'll need to be pretty good to replace my trusty Kuva Ayanga. the Sarlacc Pit thign looks interesting, and I'm glad Warfans are getting a new Stance (but please, can we get Nunchaku/Blade & Whips/Rapiers/Two-Handed Nikanas some love as well? I'm guessing the new stance will have an abysmal drop rate, but that's usually the case. figners crossed for a weapon bundle that includes the Stance and a well-timed market Coupon on my part.

- Lich Boss fights in railjack! YEEEEESSS! THANKYOU! I've been wanting this for a long time as well, another reason to dust off the Railjack!

- briefcase guns! definitely curious as to how that pans out, do you carry it as a briefcase and then it unfolds before shooting? can you smack people with it as well? how are they holstered? I look forward to the new Corpus Lich weapons!

- already seen Neptune Railjack and Gara deluxe, but I like those too!

overall, I'm surprised how much DE are planning on getting done, and a lot of things I personally wanted for a long time too! it's almost too good to be true... *skepticism.exe restarting*

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Knight Raime said:

-Ash...  This is a nice QoL change for sure.  Do we know if we hold the reticle on them and it stacks?  Or is it just glancing at them puts 3 stacks?  The former is better for energy management purposes but would slow down gameplay just as much as current does imo.  Latter would probably hurt energy economy too much but I want a quicker method for stacks.  I also feel like DE is allergic to the idea of letting him teleport without targets.  I don't care if I need an augment to do so at this point.  Just let me.  Please.

I've always just wanted Ash's marking deleted and it to be a cone aoe, it's an experimental failed mechanic that's been ignored for centuries after implemented. Not sure if this is gonna make it at least close to that but we'll see I guess. Sounds like they're just making them hit 1 target 3 times by default. But still, we have fatal teleport for that. I want his AoE potential back and fast gameplay.

Teleport to location and (aoe attack even) had been something I'd prefer over targeted teleport finishers too, especially when there's a billion enemies you cant do finishers on... the new open world map is even flooded with them.

But both these things have been requested thousands of times in the past 20 years so we're not the only ones.

Im gonna watch the recap after work. Liking so far that there is gonna be buffs and changes to some frames.

But im sorry to be that person, but this needs to be said: of all frames DE chose for buffs and changes, why nidus??? Nidus is plenty strong as he is already, now he's gonna be a lot stronger and effective in party play. But why? He's a fairly new frame still. Why not frost??? He's as old as the game and really needs a buffs just as much as chroma needs a rework.

3 hours ago, Yakhul said:

Im gonna watch the recap after work. Liking so far that there is gonna be buffs and changes to some frames.

But im sorry to be that person, but this needs to be said: of all frames DE chose for buffs and changes, why nidus??? Nidus is plenty strong as he is already, now he's gonna be a lot stronger and effective in party play. But why? He's a fairly new frame still. Why not frost??? He's as old as the game and really needs a buffs just as much as chroma needs a rework.

A lot of the changes they're doing in this round seem pretty simple. They said there are gonna be multiple editions of this Warframe stuff. Presumably the more complicated the changes are gonna be, the longer it'll take 

So: Nidus change is very small, very simple, can be implemented quickly. Frost requires bigger changes, and will happen later. Is my guess, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Larena said:

Frost requires bigger changes, and will happen later. Is my guess, anyway.

Something as simple as Hold to break Snow Globe, so we do not depend on Freeze to break em, could had made it into this edition.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

blade storm to have auto overlay to three (1/2/3 stack to be just 3)

instead of looking around and having to apply one mark each look around , it auto overlays stacks per target whiteout needing to look away from targets

got nervous till i saw this :D literally they took one of the sound things and rewokred it in a fair manner that dosent break ash or make him super boring to play

good job de!

now fix everything else

5 hours ago, Yakhul said:

But im sorry to be that person, but this needs to be said: of all frames DE chose for buffs and changes, why nidus??? Nidus is plenty strong as he is already, now he's gonna be a lot stronger and effective in party play. But why?

Anti-team problems.

Basically, when you use larvae, if your teammates kills the grouped up enemies, Nidus gets no stacks. This also meant that you could not place larvae on a place where you can group up as many enemies as possible or else your teammates will see it and kill them. Nidus had to kill them themselves in order to get stacks, not from his teammates

Essentially, Nidus was stronger in solo play and weaker in group play. This just seemed plain wrong fundamentally, and so it had to be changed such that group play contribute instead of competing against Nidus.

Probably didn't consider Frost because, well, frost is still more popular in at least defense and mobile defenses unlike the other warframes (except Nidus). I guess they wanted to do with the ones that needed it the most first, and Nidus was an afterthought.

Quite disappointed that DE once again have decided to focus their attention on tweaking frames that really don't actually need much tweaking (apart from Ash) and not giving any sort of attention to Hydroid whatsoever, one of the few frames in the game that actually needs DE's attention because they are truly in such a bad place.

Speaking of Hydroid, he has been unseated yet again in the form of Lavos taking the vanilla Hydroid's spot as the ugliest frame in the game. Seriously his arm guard/glove things look like they could be used as wings, they're so comically large. His head also looks like what would happen if a Grineer with a particularly large build-up of phlegm violently coughed up into a frying pan that already had an egg cooking in it.

Considering the fact that not even some his animations are finished and we still haven't seen any gameplay of Lavos six months after his initial mesh was shown, I don't think the Wraith Warframe will be coming out this year. I think DE has once again promised something they cannot deliver. Honestly it feels like the people at DE graduated from the Peter Molyneux School of Public Relations, with how many grandiose/unrealistic promises they make.

Hydroid would like to talk to someone about becoming relevant again....

No wait...let's just get rid of hydroid since he might be the least played warframe, least fun, least usefull...good God its like DE has a filter that omits hydroids name being shown on their screens and beeped from videos....maybe even censored from being searched on their computers....man, all 8 of us hydroid players might as well pray to cthulu to get him a rework...I mean not even helminth can help him at all...

41 minutes ago, (PSN)ThanatosSloth said:

Hydroid would like to talk to someone about becoming relevant again....

No wait...let's just get rid of hydroid since he might be the least played warframe, least fun, least usefull...good God its like DE has a filter that omits hydroids name being shown on their screens and beeped from videos....maybe even censored from being searched on their computers....man, all 8 of us hydroid players might as well pray to cthulu to get him a rework...I mean not even helminth can help him at all...

you know i enjoyed playing hydroid but ive not understood the irrelevance

i mean on paper and in basic solo use he works fine. 1 ranged aoe dot, (also with aug stirp armor)  2 distance closer with damage and cc  (aug strip status off self and allies) , 3 (scaling damage) become a puddle and invulnerable to damage while dealing scale factored damage to a decent area (aug heals allies) , 4 summon a cc/damage krakken that can also with aug buff drops. 

though when 3 used to let you shoot attacks out of the puddle it was nice , though 3 has movement and some interesting tricks still it dosnt make hydroid useless overall hes in an ok spot in comparison to some frames. not that he couldnt do with some tweaks to bump him over the line

1 hour ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

you know i enjoyed playing hydroid but ive not understood the irrelevance

i mean on paper and in basic solo use he works fine. 1 ranged aoe dot, (also with aug stirp armor)  2 distance closer with damage and cc  (aug strip status off self and allies) , 3 (scaling damage) become a puddle and invulnerable to damage while dealing scale factored damage to a decent area (aug heals allies) , 4 summon a cc/damage krakken that can also with aug buff drops. 

though when 3 used to let you shoot attacks out of the puddle it was nice , though 3 has movement and some interesting tricks still it dosnt make hydroid useless overall hes in an ok spot in comparison to some frames. not that he couldnt do with some tweaks to bump him over the line

Everything works on normal star chart to a degree....hydroid suffers at end game content when you need more than just 80% armor strip, which used to be 100%, and he has no damage mitigation except his 3, which kills so slowly its laughable...and majority of mod slots have to be used for augments and natural talent to the point its frustrating...hes a gun holder with cc...and all his cc makes it harder to hit his enemies, which would not be bad if they all scaled, but that would be reasonably ridiculous. Make his 1 do 100% armor strip again and he would be close to endgame worthy, but not quite, cause survivability ends up being an issue for anything he can't cc..

Hydroid is where vauban used to be...outdated for where the game is now...like I said, good for basic star chart, but when endgame hits, so many other frames are miles better...vauban can even hold his own now and thats cause his rework gave him a scaled orbital bombardment, scaled flechette grenade, tesla, and combined his 3 and 4 to one ability...I think hydroid needs the same tune up

Edit: hydroid in simulation against 20 heavy gunners at level 110 is only workable with high powered aoe weapons...his 1 only hits, at 200% power strength with 80% armor strip for maybe 700 per hit....and I would not use a power strength build on him ever...

On 2020-11-06 at 12:59 PM, Viyerc said:

If Chroma is going to get elemental cycling what will his passive do now?

I'm wondering that myself. I'm happy he can switch elements as easy as Spyro finally (Which is something I mentioned in a rework thread I made for him!), but at the same time I kinda hope that it won't be tied to his Spectral scream ability. Hypothetically maybe it could be integrated into his new passive, where it can be cycled by tapping his 1 or 2 (Though if his 1 or 2 is subsumed that may need more work. & of course having a new feature besides that is ideal).

Mainly because his Elemental Ward offers a good variety of effects that can benefit himself & others (Changing with the elements), but the damage of his Scream isn't quite enough to use compared to a finished weapon build. I replaced that ability on a config with the Helminth as a result, in favor of greater utility / survivability rather than setting a weapon down to use the ability (However if he could breath and use the weapon simultaneously that would be amazing!).

That being said, I'm looking forward to the upcoming changes in the next update! Plus, maybe Chroma can finally have a personal emissive color independent of the element he's using (So switching doesn't change the color on you).

Archived