Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, please, please tell me if I've misunderstood the Steel Essence changes in the last Devstream

nadeemh

there are pros and cons to this:

pros:

- you are now guaranteed Steel Essence just for doing basic missions.

- Acolyte Mods time gated, ideal for those of you who joined us after the Last Shadow Debt.

- not having to rely on terrible drop rates and/or particular farming setups (hello Pilfering Strangledome Khora and Smeeta Kavat, fancy seeing you here..)

- Teshin will have rotating rewards

cons:

- this is a major blow to the few dedicated members of the Endless crowd left; the people who mostly enjoy endless runs. Steel Essence farming was one of the last few places where spending hours there actually counted for something.

- no more walking away with ludicrous amounts of Steel Essence, but this can be negated if the cost of Teshin's rare items isn't too bad, and by now many of you have already stockpiled a fair few Steel cubes.

- Acolytes won't be special anymore, no more shadow debt, and you'll probably get sick of seeing them after a while.

2 hours ago, Jukantos said:

If you don't bend my arm behind my back by tying Mastery into Teshins Weekly Store (don't you dare)

but what if Teshin's Dual Nikanas are there? you know you want them.... :devil: 

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

We're in a state where both sides are unable to co-exist

Why? All we're doing is talking. We're not aiming our Mk I Bratons at each other 😄

In my opinion, the game is diverse enough to cater to all needs. Case in point, a brand new player fresh onto Earth would not be able to handle even Saturn. Conversely, a veteran player can do the same missions pretty much blindfolded. Different levels of players have different levels of "challenge" that the game offers.

What we're talking about here is a more extreme differentiation of players. Players who want to do long runs and players who don't. The game already caters for this so no issue there.

It's amongst the endurance players that another division arises: those who play for the challenge and those who only want to farm the rewards with minimal effort.

I don't need the Steel Essence. As I have explained earlier, it's a scaling reward that I use to assess how well I'm doing. Obviously it's nice to have the currency to spend but it's not my primary purpose. It's like farming a boss for parts but getting some bonus resources and mods along the way. I believe that there are a lot more players out there who are less vocal and who play for the fun and challenge and see the rewards as a bonus, like myself.

With regards to players who want to afk farm, they are the players, in my opinion, who are causing DE to nerf things. I understand, to some degree, why they might want to afk farm (like their participation medals). I don't understand the mindset of these people. Do they want to play the game or not? They're logging in and spending time but they seem to want to avoid doing any "work" (for want of a better word). These are the players who were walking around aiming the Bramma at the ground and destroying everything in low level missions. These are the same players who look for exploits in farming whilst they watch a video elsewhere. They are the reason we have trade bans regardless of genuine gameplay and why things get nerfed.

Yet, here we all are co-existing and playing the same game in our own ways with our own perspectives.

I believe that this kind of diversity leads to a better environment - not just in a game but society in general - as long as differences are discussed.

In this case, we're talking about removing a reward that was designed for veteran players and making it just as accessible to newer players. I can adjust but I'd hope that DE give us something, anything, that meets the level of gear and builds that we have.

13 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

Imagine having steel path arbitration where you can also farm murmur, so there is a chance to get your lich spawned. All that in enemy level and modifiers being additively pushed by each of those modes. Now that would be endgame - and by that I mean simultenously farming multiple stuff, but against A LOT harder enemies

I want this so badly!!! If I got this I would be happy for a very, very long time and Steel Essence can get nerfed into the ground and I wouldn't care 😊

10 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Acolyte Mods time gated, ideal for those of you who joined us after the Last Shadow Debt

Acolyte mods have already been moved to Deimos bounties. I ended up with three Weeping Wounds just today whilst trying to farm Xaku neuroptics for Helminth. And I've lost count of how many Maiming Strikes I've gotten since Deimos was released.

36 minutes ago, nadeemh said:

I wouldn't dream of it 😁

I guess I'm coming from a solo player's point of view which seems to be very, very limited.

There has been quite a bit of talk about squad farming and meta frames and I hadn't really considered that factor.

But if we're going to talk about killing diversity in the game then I really do lay the blame solely at the feet of lazy players who only follow whatever they see on YouTube.

Lazy they may be, but the meta follows the path of least resistance to more and more optimal strategies. Ultimately, DE are the ones that create the meta, whether intentionally or not. The ophelia strat and others like it emerge from the reward being attainted purely through drops, the tools are there to optimise the act of cycling out mobs to increase kills:time, and the tools are there to increase the number of rolls you get per kill, ways to increase the amount you get per drop, and one faction is powerless to stop it. Why wouldn't people use them? For fun? I'd like to think so, but they're there for kuva.

Ideally, we'd have a situation where doing that isn't unviable, maybe even mathematically superior to toehr ways to get kuva, but at the same time the majority of players that reach SP want to do nodes in it and are reasonably rewarded for doing so. Keep up the complaints, we will never get a satisfactory outcome without people saying what they even want. 

11 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

this is a major blow to the few dedicated members of the Endless crowd left; the people who mostly enjoy endless runs. Steel Essence farming was one of the last few places where spending hours there actually counted for something

Thank you for saying this

1 minute ago, (NSW)DracoHouston said:

they're there for kuva

I never realised how much of a big deal kuva farming was until quite recently. I'm assuming that for these people the game is only farming kuva, rolling rivens and then selling them for plat. But to what end? I don't understand what they get from it. It can't only be plat right?

17 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

Imagine having steel path arbitration where you can also farm murmur, so there is a chance to get your lich spawned. All that in enemy level and modifiers being additively pushed by each of those modes. Now that would be endgame - and by that I mean simultenously farming multiple stuff, but against A LOT harder enemies. Well this is what DE doesn't want at all, because some players could do this, ridiculously reducing the time sink, while other players would complain it's too hard and they are being left out of it.

Just see the people who actually do multiple trilodons are "metaslaves", while the "casuals" are just joining into a tridolon bounty and get carried by the "metaslaves" who couldn't find a party in time and they are fine almost soloing it.

I'd be really down for that, or something like how Path of Exile lets you make the areas you farm in more difficult and ups the rewards based roughly on how much more difficult it is to the baseline. Another thing would be increasing the rotation rewards, like every 5 minutes in normal Mot gets you 1 relic, 5 minutes in SP Mot gets you 2 relics. It'll never happen, but there is no lack of ways to theoretically add hard modes and make them rewarding.

5 minutes ago, nadeemh said:

I never realised how much of a big deal kuva farming was until quite recently. I'm assuming that for these people the game is only farming kuva, rolling rivens and then selling them for plat. But to what end? I don't understand what they get from it. It can't only be plat right?

If I had to guess, they just enjoy it on some level, and the rivens are just a means to furthering their enjoyment of trading.

1 minute ago, (NSW)DracoHouston said:

If I had to guess, they just enjoy it on some level, and the rivens are just a means to furthering their enjoyment of trading.

Fair enough - and if anyone tried to nerf their fun I'd stand up for them too.

The reason for the change was obvious, it was to counter the automated / afk farms that people have developed. Even after the initial nerf to the original Uranus tile, players still found many different tiles to continue farming Essence afk. 

Add Acolytes as bosses, problem solved. It's a lot more difficult to automate.

Just now, GPrime96 said:

^^, So many Encounters of Acolytes, never saw Misery once for Scanning.

That's because he only made an appearance on the endurance mode of Operation: Shadow Debt which was Alad V Defense. Misery hasn't been seen since 2016.

6 hours ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

you are having fun, they aren't, so they want to take away your fun to make it even, typical. 

If getting rewards is the only enjoyment you people get from the "challenge" then... Well, actually that sounds like the usual. Carry on with the whining.

Anyone that was being realistic knew the Kuva for Steel Essence on Endurance Runs broke the Kuva Economy. I never had sat on more than 75k kuva and now I'm hovering around half a million in the bank.

The Devs have always said they keep a close eye on the Kuva Economy and Steel Essence farming broke it. I might be a little bummed it's getting reworked but it doesn't surprise me one bit. And it shouldn't surprise anyone that understands the Kuva economy needs to be balanced.

Plus, the SE alerts sounds like they could be fun. As of now, the Steel Path is mainly a ghost town.

6 hours ago, nadeemh said:

I wouldn't dream of it 😁

I guess I'm coming from a solo player's point of view which seems to be very, very limited.

There has been quite a bit of talk about squad farming and meta frames and I hadn't really considered that factor.

But if we're going to talk about killing diversity in the game then I really do lay the blame solely at the feet of lazy players who only follow whatever they see on YouTube.

"Warframe has players teach other players how to play the game, and that's how they play the game." - Elegant Saria 

Best quote in regards to Warframe. Don't call players lazy without acknowledging DE made a game that doesn't teach players how to play and leaves it up to external sources to teach players. Eesh. 

4 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Don't call players lazy without acknowledging DE made a game that doesn't teach players how to play and leaves it up to external sources to teach players. Eesh. 

I hadn't thought of that. It's such a good point too. Now, Saturday morning, and I have to re-evaluate my perspective on this.

I will certainly go easier on AFKers in the future and assume that they just don't know any better.

You all talk about Kuva for the steel path, but for us, player over 2000 hours on it, what interests us is ENDGAME. Everyone makes their own endgame, it's true, but the steel path (with the eximus drop) made it possible to FINALLY give an interest in doing more than an hour of mission.
I remind you that the Steel Path is not hard for players like us. The difficulty becomes interesting when the mobs are level 1000.
Currently, if they remove the eximus, stamina will no longer help.
And this content, which was supposed to focus on "advanced" players will no longer be, it will become casual.
And in the worst case scenario, players will just unlock the star map, and no longer do Steel Path, because the drops will be unnecessary, and the difficulty will not exist.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Monolake:

This is remaining Warfarme playerbase in a nutshell. Dont want to play, dont know how to play, only want to cheese (and call it "fun" when they just semi afk-macro farm watching youtube to not fall asleep) and get the loot that they don't even need because they dont really play anyway, but must hoard.

This is what DE has cultivated through the years with their terrible design like the AOE spam meta and auto-playing abilities. Like the essence drops where you get almost nothing from actively playing missions but a hell lot from cheesing. Driving away people who value gameplay and building up playerbase of easy-mode hoarders like this.

Trust me i'd like nothing more than to have actually challenging gameplay available, like Enemies that actually reward going for weak spot shots (i actually REALLY like Nox's design because of how much it encourages going for headshots and aiming a weapon)

But truth of the matter is i simply CANNOT kill steel path enemies even with every maxed out primary mod in the game using a Primary fast enough. Secondaries work because i've collected good Rivens. No "challenge" provided either - Warframe isn't a flippin cover shooter. If i show myself to the enemies and i'm not Inaros, i get clapped in 0,3 seconds. No challenge about it. I said it when Steel Path came out, Steel Path is Warframe trying to offer Destiny 2 gameplay without having the weapon balance to make it possible. It just flat out sucks.

Archived