Do Nintendo Switch players want cross save or account migration?

I might be alone on this one, but after today's dev stream I realized that when my next gen consoles come, I won't care at all bout Warframe if I can't move my account off my switch. Ive been crying for cross save, but what I think I really want is just an account migration. I don't really want to pour more money and time into a game on this pseudo mobile platform, when I could spend the space on games actually designed for my switch. When the next round of Zelda games come the game I'll be deleting will be Warframe--not because I hate the game, but instead of buying more SD cards just for a free game, maybe its just time to cut my losses. Any other switch players beginning to feel like "no cross save" is starting to sound like "no future" for your account? Even if next gen switch comes, I might think twice, specially if I'll just end up in the same place again with the same game and the same problem

• Like 2

It really annoyed me that they've managed to get cross save going on 2 consoles but in a way that still shackles people to 1 console company. To top it off, apparently a new console gen is not a big enough deal to bother offering PC players the opportunity to move to playstation. Watch them not have a way to change sides in the console war when the next-gen hits. 

I just want to be able to log in to PC to play with PC players sometimes, maybe they'd like to also experience the sheer joy of taking a dump while playing warframe in handheld mode. When the next Nintendo console hits I have no doubt now what the deal will be: Move to that console with my stuff, or get stuffed.

Console Warcrimes.

• Like 5

I love the game and have invested a significant amount of time into Warframe. The longer I play the game the more performance seems to decline, but this could just be my impression of the game. I migrated my account from PC to NSW to play the game with my wife, but she doesn't play the game anymore for various reasons. Due to the performance issues, on top of everything else going on, I find myself playing the game less and less. Now that I am getting a PS5 I would love to be able use my NSW account elsewhere.

While I personally think cross-save is a better long term solution, I think allowing players to do account migration when a new console release should be allowed, even if it is only to the new platform(s). I would even pay for the feature at this point. Not being able to migrate my account progression or use my save on another console means I will not be playing Warframe until one or the other becomes available. Really I want whatever option they would be able to provide in a timely manner.

• Like 5

The Nintendo Switch Community is the largest NEW PLAYER Group to the family. They talk so much about the New player experience, and keeping new players, but this entire community of Nintennos were mostly New, and have stuck around. With each new update I just feel less and less welcome to the Warframe family. Switch players seem to just be the lower class Tenno. My friend Offline list keeps growing. 

• Like 2

Please yes for the love of god. The switch version of Warframe has one of the least active playerbase I have ever unfortunately been apart of.

Not to mention the game itself is highly unstable and suffers from some awful fps drops when play in groups.

Yes. Get us nintenno out of this gaming hell.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, (NSW)Cannabininja said:

Please yes for the love of god. The switch version of Warframe has one of the least active playerbase I have ever unfortunately been apart of.

Not to mention the game itself is highly unstable and suffers from some awful fps drops when play in groups.

Yes. Get us nintenno out of this gaming hell.

Unfortunately the Switch version is years behind the other platforms in terms of developing a playerbase.

I had even attempted an account migration when the Switch version was first released but so little of my account was transferrable that it was pointless to move onto Switch. I'm sure I'm not the only PC player who intended on switching platforms to the Switch but was unable to do so because a large portion of their PC content was not transferrable.

• Like 1
On 2020-11-06 at 9:01 PM, (NSW)DracoHouston said:

It really annoyed me that they've managed to get cross save going on 2 consoles but in a way that still shackles people to 1 console company. To top it off, apparently a new console gen is not a big enough deal to bother offering PC players the opportunity to move to playstation. Watch them not have a way to change sides in the console war when the next-gen hits. 

I just want to be able to log in to PC to play with PC players sometimes, maybe they'd like to also experience the sheer joy of taking a dump while playing warframe in handheld mode. When the next Nintendo console hits I have no doubt now what the deal will be: Move to that console with my stuff, or get stuffed.

Console Warcrimes.

They didn't managed anything, PS4 and PS5 share a lot of things (same with xbox users playing warframe on next gen even before announce)., so they are sharing basically the same architecture  This isn't a "DE bad" thing,.

• Like 3

If they would give me a chance to go back to PC with my account I'd take it.

However until such a thing happens on the Switch I stay, as I have WAY too much of an investment to go back without it.

• Like 1

Yeah. I just want to move my account from Nintendo Switch to PC. Cross save would be even better, but at this point I would take a one time transfer. Heck, I would even pay a fee to do it.

In my opinion the game is becoming far too advanced to run on the Nintendo Switch. The long loading times, sluggish menus, etc. I play solo with all of the high end options turned off and there are still a lot of performance issues.

• Like 3

Exactly the same here. I've already made a PS4 account, but I can't bring myself to betray all the hundreds of hours of work, farming, money spent on prime access, and the general bond I have with my Switch account. 

Honestly once next gen hits, I'll probably be done unless we get account migration from Nintendo to Sony, or at best, cross save between all platforms.

• Like 1
On 2020-11-06 at 6:29 PM, (NSW)Exocthulhu said:

While I personally think cross-save is a better long term solution, I think allowing players to do account migration when a new console release should be allowed, even if it is only to the new platform(s). I would even pay for the feature at this point. Not being able to migrate my account progression or use my save on another console means I will not be playing Warframe until one or the other becomes available. Really I want whatever option they would be able to provide in a timely manner.

Same here.

• Like 1

I was a Tri Warframe player (PS, X, S) until my PS died. Since then, i would play once a week on Switch til the lady of the house got Animal Crossing. 

Been a few weeks since i have touched the Switch and sadly, i have no gripes or missing it pains as i do with the PS version. I do miss doing each system daily but i prefer my X version since thats where i started. 

Cross Save would ignite that feel again to have access to all mods and weapons across the Warframeverse while being able to still progress on each console at each ones pace. But with the loss of the other 2 consoles, i really dont know if that would be good enough for others to keep playing on Switch, especially with the hiccups that many of us know is in the Switch version.

Imma always play this game and will focus on where i have been the most UNTIL/UNLESS DE gives the Cross Save path. With that, i know i and many others will go forth doing more. But of they do not, the game will live on albeit in a less encompassing way. 

• Like 1

I had 3k hrs on PS4 and restarted on PC I was able to get 80 to 90% what I had on my PS4 (maxed at the time) account had In about 100-150hrs including building my own ghost clan and getter all research done (except hema I got that later because I was still burned out farming samples from the time I did it on ps4) .  Restarting is alot easier than you would think, it goes alot faster when you know what your doing.  Restart a couple months before a tennocon relay save up ducats that gets you all your prime mods in 1 go, do eidolons for Arcanes and maxing your focus. Lvling items and frames is easier than ever nowadays.

I would definitely advocate for restarting pc  is always going to be better even than the newest consoles.   I can even play my PC Warframe account on my phone with GeForce now which  then basically makes it a switch version of Warframe.

• Like 1

I've always wondered, how much would it take for DE to have a standing Account Migration command? Why did they only allow for Migration during the 1-2 months of launch on a new platform?

Is it solely to make more $$$ from selling plat? Or are there technical reasons?

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Thunder_Chief said:

I've always wondered, how much would it take for DE to have a standing Account Migration command? Why did they only allow for Migration during the 1-2 months of launch on a new platform?

Is it solely to make more $$$ from selling plat? Or are there technical reasons?

Contractual reasons.

Even if a console manufacturer like Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony were 100% fine with cross-save or cross-play, in the interest of fairness all three would need to agree to allow it, otherwise it would be perceived as DE favoring one platform over another. Could you imagine the backlash DE would get if they enabled cross-save on, say, XB1 but didn't on Nintendo Switch or PS4? Or on PS4 and not NSW/XB1? 

Even if DE developed the capability for cross-save and/or cross-play, they could not implement it unless all 3 console manufacturers agreed to allow it, which is unlikely because allowing cross save could, and likely would, translate to revenue being lost by the console makers. After all, what would stop a player from cross-saving to PC, getting a 75% platinum discount, getting tons of platinum, purchasing tons of cosmetics and gear, and cross-saving back to console with their new stuff? The console manufacturer they cross-saved from/to would have lost out on the % cut they would normally get from platinum sales, which is why it's unlikely that all 3 manufacturers would agree to allow it.

• Like 1

Your account data on console is probably stored on servers that DE has no access or very limited access . WF deals with 3 console editors as well. I don't know how cross save would be a thing. It would require MS, Sony and Nintendo all playing nice at once, wich would be great publicity for console market btw, it would be very positive for everyone, but let's be fair: not gonna happen.

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 1
On 2020-11-06 at 4:28 PM, (NSW)MK1.Prime said:

I might be alone on this one, but after today's dev stream I realized that when my next gen consoles come, I won't care at all bout Warframe if I can't move my account off my switch. Ive been crying for cross save, but what I think I really want is just an account migration. I don't really want to pour more money and time into a game on this pseudo mobile platform, when I could spend the space on games actually designed for my switch. When the next round of Zelda games come the game I'll be deleting will be Warframe--not because I hate the game, but instead of buying more SD cards just for a free game, maybe its just time to cut my losses. Any other switch players beginning to feel like "no cross save" is starting to sound like "no future" for your account? Even if next gen switch comes, I might think twice, specially if I'll just end up in the same place again with the same game and the same problem

Tenno, I think you might want to look up the meaning of a few words: Legally, Binding, Contracts.

When you figure out how to press a buttong or flip a switch and make those magically go away, please feel free to share.