Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisps new augment

brunoswaag04

43 minutes ago, (PSN)DidelphisV said:

Why would duration ever scale with strength? That’s never been a thing really (Also why wouldn’t you just run duration on wisp anyway?) 

Probably because he's running max strength without duration because his build is for camping, so he wants the mods to accommodate his choice of setups.

Just speculation mind you, but it does make sense.

11 hours ago, (PSN)DidelphisV said:

Why would duration ever scale with strength? That’s never been a thing really (Also why wouldn’t you just run duration on wisp anyway?) 

Wisp doesn't normally run high duration, just average. So it would be harder to slot it if it scaled with duration. this isn't something new as Hildryn's pillage scales range with duration.

1 hour ago, brunoswaag04 said:
Wisp doesn't normally run high duration, just average. So it would be harder to slot it if it scaled with duration. this isn't something new as Hildryn's pillage scales range with duration.

This is purely the philosophy of the question. I can say that Wisps that have high strength are the same as high strength Chroma. It's cool, but why? The effectiveness of a buff isn't just about how strong that buff is. This is also about how convenient and effective an ally can keep the buff uptime. Yes, Full strength wisp can be good on defense (this is also debatable), but as soon as we set something like survival, it immediately becomes not. In my opinion, people prefer +20 seconds of buff duration more than +10% of attack speed. Moreover, the second ability dictates that you invest more in duration. I remind you that the second ability is one of the best aggression generators in the game. You can keep a full clone uptime even at 6 seconds of duration, but a longer duration gives you more options and less restrictions on your actions.You can ignore the second ability and say that it is bad and useless, but my tests show that my allies die much less when I hold a clone than without it. It also helps a lot for the mission of protecting the target.

10 hours ago, selig_fay said:

This is purely the philosophy of the question. I can say that Wisps that have high strength are the same as high strength Chroma. It's cool, but why? The effectiveness of a buff isn't just about how strong that buff is. This is also about how convenient and effective an ally can keep the buff uptime. Yes, Full strength wisp can be good on defense (this is also debatable), but as soon as we set something like survival, it immediately becomes not. In my opinion, people prefer +20 seconds of buff duration more than +10% of attack speed. Moreover, the second ability dictates that you invest more in duration. I remind you that the second ability is one of the best aggression generators in the game. You can keep a full clone uptime even at 6 seconds of duration, but a longer duration gives you more options and less restrictions on your actions.You can ignore the second ability and say that it is bad and useless, but my tests show that my allies die much less when I hold a clone than without it. It also helps a lot for the mission of protecting the target.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you, and anyone who has used 300+ power strength wisp would understand why. It's not the fire rate that makes her good, it's that and the healing/health buff. 90 to 100 health per second means you can keep your team and your pets alive, as well as repair defense objectives and other things even WHILE THEY ARE BEING FIRED ON. Without having to dedicate more that a couple seconds to place a mote or two. Anyone who runs 10% or 20% is really missing out on a huge boost of versatility wisp can provide. Duration doesn't have to be sacrificed either, you can still get up to 150% or higher with the right mods.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)LorgarAurelion3 said:
I wholeheartedly disagree with you, and anyone who has used 300+ power strength wisp would understand why. It's not the fire rate that makes her good, it's that and the healing/health buff.

I have 400% + strength Wisp and I never use it. But I can tell you, allies will always find a way to die. But as I said above, the clone perfectly distracts enemies, so there is no problem with HP, if the enemies still do not shoot at you and your allies. And the clone is a more effective option for protecting the object, because ... 150K HP. 200 more, 200 less, what's the difference?

8 hours ago, (XBOX)LorgarAurelion3 said:
Anyone who runs 10% or 20% is really missing out on a huge boost of versatility wisp can provide. Duration doesn't have to be sacrificed either, you can still get up to 150% or higher with the right mods.

Berserk has 75% attack speed. If you do 80% or 70% of the buff's attack speed, it's not much, because you can always say that it almost doubles the effectiveness of a Berserk. For the Titania minigun, your bonus will be insignificant. You will give 20% efficiency, but it still has an ammo cap. Also for all weapons. We have a recharge rate, so Volts > Wisp in this plan, since it buff the recharge rate. The effectiveness will also depend on your ally's weapons. A longer duration will give a greater opportunity for implementation. For example, new guns have a very slow reload speed, and if we take the difference between 45 seconds and 80 seconds (I don't remember exactly), then the ally will spend on reloading (I'll take 3 seconds) 1/15 of the buff time in the first case and 1/26 of the buff in the second. If we start counting long intervals, we can see that the ally can make more hits/shots with longer duration, since the buff will end later. You know, if you're not standing still, you need time to come back.

Yes, you can do 600-800% strength in a party with Nidus, but how often do you play in a full group? I mean, when you have your own group, of course you do what is convenient for your group. But in most situations, you can play with a random people. You'll never guess their weapons, warframes, and builds. For this reason, I think it's better to work for convenience than for the effectiveness of buffs, because if the duration is small, people can just stop taking your buffs and ignore them, because it ties them to one place a lot. People hate it. Believe me.

But as I said, it's a philosophy. You can play as you see fit. I'm just saying that Wisp in duration is not bad. Builds are possible. And no one will tell you that "ugh, such lackluster buffs". I can say that most people don't even look at the number. For the most part, people are used to playing alone.

8 hours ago, selig_fay said:

I have 400% + strength Wisp and I never use it. But I can tell you, allies will always find a way to die. But as I said above, the clone perfectly distracts enemies, so there is no problem with HP, if the enemies still do not shoot at you and your allies. And the clone is a more effective option for protecting the object, because ... 150K HP. 200 more, 200 less, what's the difference?

Berserk has 75% attack speed. If you do 80% or 70% of the buff's attack speed, it's not much, because you can always say that it almost doubles the effectiveness of a Berserk. For the Titania minigun, your bonus will be insignificant. You will give 20% efficiency, but it still has an ammo cap. Also for all weapons. We have a recharge rate, so Volts > Wisp in this plan, since it buff the recharge rate. The effectiveness will also depend on your ally's weapons. A longer duration will give a greater opportunity for implementation. For example, new guns have a very slow reload speed, and if we take the difference between 45 seconds and 80 seconds (I don't remember exactly), then the ally will spend on reloading (I'll take 3 seconds) 1/15 of the buff time in the first case and 1/26 of the buff in the second. If we start counting long intervals, we can see that the ally can make more hits/shots with longer duration, since the buff will end later. You know, if you're not standing still, you need time to come back.

Yes, you can do 600-800% strength in a party with Nidus, but how often do you play in a full group? I mean, when you have your own group, of course you do what is convenient for your group. But in most situations, you can play with a random people. You'll never guess their weapons, warframes, and builds. For this reason, I think it's better to work for convenience than for the effectiveness of buffs, because if the duration is small, people can just stop taking your buffs and ignore them, because it ties them to one place a lot. People hate it. Believe me.

But as I said, it's a philosophy. You can play as you see fit. I'm just saying that Wisp in duration is not bad. Builds are possible. And no one will tell you that "ugh, such lackluster buffs". I can say that most people don't even look at the number. For the most part, people are used to playing alone.

No actually I've had ppl complain to me when I was at hydron leveling because my motes were trash compared to there's. 

Archived