Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For Helios Being Able To Have Use Beyond First Scans

(PSN)Rainbow_Neos1

Wouldn't it be neat if Helios would do what it does even after it completes codex entries? To passively gain Simaris standing and give use to your Helios again? 

Well how bout we give that Helios Simaris skin offered by Simaris for 100k standing a use beyond visual? Maybe once you purchase that skin, you get the option (a check box that appears when the mod "Investigator" is installed) to have Helios scan new enemies or both new and old enemies (regardless of skin). When this happens, he scans new things as normal and old things until you reach your Simaris daily cap. This option would obviously work best with the Simaris widget  "Sol Battery". 

This would give value to that 100k standing you spend AND it would allow the farm of further standing to be easier. It would be an investment. Even further, it would require more investment for maximum use than just the skin: It would require the sol battery. Think of it as an upgrade to the base Helios that you can purchase. 

Just a neat idea I had. Obviously, it wouldn't include plants. If it did, it would invalidate the Oxylus mod "Botanist" even though I think that should be on Helios to begin with. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

passively gain Simaris standing

Eh, daily Standing is easy enough to cap out, not least now with Steel Path.

give use to your Helios

You can use the Simaris Mod to get a passive Banshee Sonar effect,
also Helios is the only Companion able to use Deconstructor (and Gladiator Mods along with it, if that's your jam).

Plus it's just nice to have the peace of mind that if you come across a not-yet-fully-scanned enemy / object, Helios has your back.

This would give value to that 100k standing you spend

You pay for a skin, you get a skin. What's the problem there, why is that not good enough?

Simaris has a mod for Helios that gives his scanning use.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

If it did, it would invalidate the Oxylus mod "Botanist"

Nobody really uses Oxylus. It has no actual use being MR fodder.

If it could have a "wildlife radar" for conservation hunting, then it would have something, but that's still not much of a use since there's so many people being loud about how much they hate conservation hunting. (god forbid you slow down and take a break from murdering everything in sight)

4 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Simaris has a mod for Helios that gives his scanning use.

Nobody really uses Oxylus. It has no actual use being MR fodder.

If it could have a "wildlife radar" for conservation hunting, then it would have something, but that's still not much of a use since there's so many people being loud about how much they hate conservation hunting. (god forbid you slow down and take a break from murdering everything in sight)

I hate conservation bevause of how hard tracks are to follow. They did not shape that well for the vision impaired. 

Have you seen the multipliers on the Helios mod Detect Vulnerability?

Personally, i just cap out in Adaro or now Steel Path, doesn't take 5 mins in SP, especially if it's a faster mission type.

If it was effortless, Simaris standing would become pointless just like all the other no effort vendor farms.

Currently at least a few people who bother to take a few minutes to farm them every day gets a few plats out of their time, which is good imo..

There should be more opportunities for farmers to make plat, not less.

A good f2p model with a stable economy just improves the game.

It's not like you had to farm millions of Simaris standing every week just to 'stay competitive' in Warframe.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

I hate conservation bevause of how hard tracks are to follow. They did not shape that well for the vision impaired. 

I hate that particular feature of conservation. I've said from the beginning they need to make it more like what Witcher 3 does: following a "scent trail" essentially. So you'd see color-highlighted floating clouds of scent.

9 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

It is easily the worst part of doing captures and I get annoyed doing it even without whatever impairment you have. Nothing of value would be lost if they just marked the call point instead and started each capture there. 

11 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

following a "scent trail" essentially. So you'd see color-highlighted floating clouds of scent.

That's already used for Synthesis targets, so I guess DE wanted something more unique there.

Plus, we aren't tracking scents in the first place, which kinda makes sense, I don't think a feature
like enhanced sense of smell was really a big consideration in the general design of our Frames.

So, what would create this trail then, how / why would we be able to perceive it?
Hmm ... I guess, like with the Scanner, you could have the Tranq Rifle have such a feature? Eh, dunno, seems weird.

Just make the footprints a bit easier to follow, I think that's the simplest / best fix here.

(Plus of course, have ALL Conservation targets show up via Enemy Radar Mods, maybe even have a special icon.)

Archived