Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why no mission for mining in open worlds and any other nodes?

Nekros_Life

like why excavators give just cryotic and not mining resources , mining is realy taking time and effort and enemy come and ruin it if you get move when mining

that was an idea of mine to implement in excavators option to get other stuff than just cryotic maybe implement deimos pylons in fortuna and plains of eidolon

in all  the open worlds the mined mats can be aquired in other ways
deimos, requiem towers
plains, thumpers
vallis, orb mother and containers

you dont need to mine. but i do think they should add a provisioning bounty so that players can enter in public groups to collect mined resources, fish, and conserve animals with less enemy activity, as it can be hard for newer players to deal with enemies.

but generally if you can find friends or use stealth frames you can avoid enemies. also where you choose to mine also effects enemy activity on you as some areas are far from enemys. as well as open worlds have mechanics that when correctly dealt with reduces enemy activity around you, such as destroying the pillars in vallis or cracking the drones on plains before they beacon.

Could be fun if they implemented a system like the old game Fire Fall. There you run around the map and use special hammer to whack the ground to scan for resource nodes. Once you have found a decent node for the resource you want you call in your excavator which you must defend while it does it's job. If the excavator gets destroyed, it's destroyed and you need to craft another one, but you had the ability to recall the excavator early if it was taking too much damage. 

A system like this could be quite fun for the open world maps and breathe some new life into them.

On 2020-11-07 at 10:16 AM, Grimm said:

you dont need to mine. but i do think they should add a provisioning bounty so that players can enter in public groups to collect mined resources, fish, and conserve animals with less enemy activity, as it can be hard for newer players to deal with enemies.

That's, actually a pretty dope idea. I mean, sure, sometimes I enjoy mining, fishing and conservation, when i want to relax mostly, but if we had an actual coordinated group through a bounty, that's be neat.

Archived