Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Queenpin and Railjack: What is everyone looking forward to?

DSkycroft

Uhhh....i kinda would like to have some males in this Queenpin system to destroy.

Ya see...i convert the ladies and destroy the males....but the name Queenpin makes me think that it will be only ladies, which means converting a plenty for me.

Besides needing both genders to kill....let them have Invasion of Lich controlled areas where we find CrossBattles. Get to the mid/latepoint of the Cross fire area and we see Lich vs Queenpin going at it. Depending on which you decide to fight, the other leaves but gains something from the battle such as....more rage towards you that gives them a chance to spawn in uncontrolled area to harass you.

More lore. Its interesting that the Lich talk about how we tore them to pieces and all that...when they get taken, they are whole. I think the Lich process implants what torture they go through being changed as a false memory of our Frames doing it to them. Give us more insight behind the goings on as well as a different color kuva. Make it we can change the kuva from red to the other color to battle the Queenpins. 

The command tree, though "looking forward to" is a very strong overstatement because I know full well that it's going to be ridden with bugs, balanced about as well as a rhino on a seesaw and that I know that I won't touch anything to do with it until at least 2 months after launch. This guy is going to be my captain:

lichcaptain.jpg

9 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Nothing. I don't care for Railjack and have nothing to look forward to there. 
Hope there are things with the Corpus Railjack that you find enjoyable. 

Hmm, then how are you gonna cope when Railjack inevitably makes it way into the core game? We do know Railjack is steve's vision and will not be abandoned.

Will you adapt or will you click the uninstall button? 

I want Railjack in general to be massive, filled with enemies and a huge damage nerf to tethering abilities like black hole. I love the fast pace of it, once your ship is properly modded, and hope we can take advantage of that by rewarding evasion tactics or adding more evasion/counter mods.

I'm also hoping for a simple command intrinsic system like "defend, restock, cloak (no offensive abilities or movements but we're free to leave the ship), emergency aid (a Vazarin style ability that can restore a percentage of an objective's health and shields, with a cooldown) and main gun fire at pinpoint.

I dunno man Im too scared of the railjack integration rumours to expect anything but primed dissapointment. I never liked archwing content, never liked railjack, so doesnt sound promising to me. 

Which is a shame, because I do like the concept of liches and enjoy doing them dispite the fact that they could be improved quite a bit. 

What I want from both:

For Queenpin or should I say lich system as a whole I want system to be what DE promised it would be, system where player has longer relationship with enemy, where what frame I used to kill it shapes it skills(and not just small impact like it does now), it should also affect its appearance(kinda like it does in nemesis system in middle earth games), in a way players could with their actions shape their lich, which would mean players could recruit lich they helped to shape.

and from queenpin I would want to see upgraded versions of corpus weapons that are cool but are lacking in combat, I honestly really like Plinx or Cyanex(though I am a bit frustrated with it sound).

For Railjack DE needs to return with it to what it was supposed to be orginally, a more tactical game mode in style of "guns of Icarus", "barotrauma" or "we need to go deeper" where all players have something to do and work together to win the mission(for players who want to play solo command intrinsics should be what they need), current state of this game mode is unacceptable, its not ok that pretty much all fun from this game mode is centralized in hands of pilot while rest of team has almost nothing to do(pilot deleting 1/6 of all enemies in one shot), for rest of team only thing left is killing 6 crew ships during whole duration of mission or do other objectives that are much more boring and repetetive versions of ground missions.

they nerfs to ship being damaged lead to role of being ship engineer being completly meaningless.

Only time rest of team has something to do is when ship isnt well geared, the more well geared ship is the more boring missions are for rest of team.

55 minutes ago, Culaio said:

For Railjack DE needs to return with it to what it was supposed to be orginally, a more tactical game mode in style of "guns of Icarus", "barotrauma" or "we need to go deeper" where all players have something to do and work together to win the mission(for players who want to play solo command intrinsics should be what they need), current state of this game mode is unacceptable, its not ok that pretty much all fun from this game mode is centralized in hands of pilot while rest of team has almost nothing to do(pilot deleting 1/6 of all enemies in one shot), for rest of team only thing left is killing 6 crew ships during whole duration of mission or do other objectives that are much more boring and repetetive versions of ground missions.

Players do not like pre dumbed down Railjack because "But I don't want to CO-OP" crowd which is a very large part of the player base and have a very large voice. I don't think we won't see that back any time soon.  I don't expect Command to be the silver bullet that fixes Solo Players issues because AI has it's limits. At worst it's just crew members using specter AI with terrible gunner accuracy. 

3 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Players do not like pre dumbed down Railjack because "But I don't want to CO-OP" crowd which is a very large part of the player base and have a very large voice. I don't think we won't see that back any time soon.  I don't expect Command to be the silver bullet that fixes Solo Players issues because AI has it's limits. At worst it's just crew members using specter AI with terrible gunner accuracy. 

Then railjack is fated to end up another archwing, playing railjack as not a pilot is as fun as playing ground missions where one player nukes everything before you can touch it.

Unless DE decides to fix this problem I hope railjack will stay an content island I am not forced to play, I dont want to be forced to play game mode where only one player has pretty much all the fun.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Say what you will, but I'd rather keep overcomplication out of the base game as much as possible.

You want to make things difficult and complex? I'd like that to be a Raid thing as that would be justifiable and understandable, but I'm afraid Warframe just isn't really that kind of game. 

Making RJ like something akin to Guns of Icarus is just going to anger a lot of people for really no reason, especially if you force it into such a big system like Railjack. Warframes a very casual game, and I don't see why you'd want to change that. If you'd like something harder, you're just looking in the wrong place to begin with. DE doesn't want the game to be difficult, and neither does most of the community.

1 hour ago, Culaio said:

Then railjack is fated to end up another archwing, playing railjack as not a pilot is as fun as playing ground missions where one player nukes everything before you can touch it.

Unless DE decides to fix this problem I hope railjack will stay an content island I am not forced to play, I dont want to be forced to play game mode where only one player has pretty much all the fun.

This is the downside of casual games. If you really want to look for challenge it's best you look for another game.

The casuals have a very large voice in this community and WILL shoot down any proposal or change that includes challenge with it. DE is forced to listen because they are their main source of income.

Aside from the new things to try out with the update (New Proxima missions, weapons and hopefully more avionics (Scanning avionic from Simaris would be a favorite! (I made a thread with that before, but ->), one of the most enticing things I'm looking forward to would be any new Lich elements (& Ephemera) that can be spawned.

Right now for the Grineer we have Electricity, Heat, Toxin, Cold, Impact, Magnetic & Radiation; 5 primary elements and 2 secondary elements, which is a good start. But that still leaves open ideas for the remaining Vengeful ephemera elements (Although depending on the Queenpin's motives for going after the Tenno (Vengeance doesn't seem like a word befitting of them, Corpus & whatnot), their ephemeras may not be called Vengeful)!

That leaves the following things (With some ideas I've come up with for a design!):

• Puncture

• I wasn't entirely sure at first, but maybe small points of space around the wearer could implode; Basically warped areas of bent light appearing and then closing.

• Slash

• It could consist of sharpened air currents circulating the Warframe / Companion, etc. (Might look nice on Gauss and K-Drives!), where every blade of air flows behind the wearer's trajectory. If they jump up, the air flows around and below them; If they travel forward, it flows behind them, and so on. If this happened it could be my favorite body ephemera (Not pertaining to step-based ephemera) :]

• Blast

• This could consist of small pops appearing around the wearer, like tiny Shedu / other weapon explosives (The missile explosions from the Odonata, but shrunken down as another example). Coincidentally the opposite of the Puncture Ephemera.

• Corrosive

• One possible idea for this could be difficult to achieve, but maybe it could play into a Fashionframe look by corroding the customized colors you have set, revealing your Warframe / Vehicle or Companion's default color scheme! It wouldn't add any particle effects around them that way too. Of course it'd only happen in certain areas of the body, etc. (Not sure where though)

• Gas

• This could be pretty similar to the Vengeful Chill ephemera, but instead of a full-body effect, what if it simply showed your Warframe breathing? Similar to Chroma's Noble animation, but obviously not a huge stream of air, just something smaller and more appropriately sized! Especially on the Orb Vallis, where one could expect to freeze rather easily, I imagine you'd be breathing quite a bit while shivering.

• That said, I don't know if it should borrow from your frame / companion's energy or emissive colors, or simply use a different color / form of breathing based on which frame it is altogether (This would be a decent way to do it too).

• Viral

• Still not sure on an idea for this.

In order to have new Ephemera elements however, we'd need to have all the current progenitor frames divvied up amongst the new / existing elements (This could encourage more players to get more frames too). Here are the current ones:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich/Progenitor

• (Eventually when we reach Orokin Liches (Maybe), Xaku might be a standalone Void element progenitor!)

• That said, we could someday start borrowing from Empyrean elements to have Empyrean-based ephemera! But that'll be for a later update I'm sure.

I'm not sure off the top of my head who wold be what new element, but I'm sure there are some good examples. That said, any existing Liches originated from a Warframe before they got changed, could be considered a Legacy Lich (Especially because they could have a Helmet of that frame, but a no-longer-matching element!), which would be pretty interesting. Thanks for hearing me out on it!

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

This is the downside of casual games. If you really want to look for challenge it's best you look for another game.

The casuals have a very large voice in this community and WILL shoot down any proposal or change that includes challenge with it. DE is forced to listen because they are their main source of income.

honestly this game cant keep lossing players because those casual players eventually wont have people to play with so they will leave too. there isnt endless supply of players

Also we are reach point where even casuals are getting disappointed with game seeing how huge number of people downvoted deimos arcana trailer. 

13 minutes ago, Culaio said:

Also we are reach point where even casuals are getting disappointed with game seeing how huge number of people downvoted deimos arcana trailer. 

The dislike is because of the tedious grind. Not the difficulty Arcana offers.

13 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

The dislike is because of the tedious grind. Not the difficulty Arcana offers.

I didnt really say anything about difficulty also it isnt just grind, dislikes accelerated after DE announcement  that there is no more big updates this year. so people are craving some good content.

people want content that isnt grindy but is rewarding and rewards dont lose value so you can keep doing it. without it feeling meaningless.

Archived