Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small changes for each warframe

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

My Purpose

I just wanted to throw some ideas out there of things I'd change to make me enjoy each warframe more, without making them to much more powerful than they already were. Share your idea's to if you want. I'd love to check them out and pick favorites to add up here to the original post. 

Banshee:

Sound Quake: Hold the ability button for 1 second to create a massive quake that zaps 75% of your current energy, and uses that energy to deal the damage equivalent to waiting the duration of the spent energy.

For example if it were to take Banshee 5 seconds to deal 500 damage with 750 energy, and she was at 1000 energy, when you hold the 4th ability button down. 750 energy will be instantly drained (75% of 1,000) and she will deal 500 damage all within a second or 2 with a cool animation.

Baruuk:

Serene Storm: Baruuk creates a weak vortex when using airborne attacks that is only strong enough to pull lifted enemies towards him. Using a slam attack with enemies that have been pulled to him will unleash their missing health as damage to all enemies within range of the slam attack.

I've always wanted a frame to use airborne attacks in a beneficial way and this I think could be one of them. Also, I just have to mention that though I don't play Baruuk much, he's such a solid frame. His abilities all maintain use throughout any scenario which is beautiful I think.

Ember:

Fireball: Ember becomes invulnerable to damage while charging her fireball, entering a short animation of her charging up the fireball before it's release. The air around her is heated up to the point of melting incoming projectiles, each projectile adding to the damage and range of her fireball before it's release.

I imagine her doing some sort of spin before throwing the fireball, where the end of her spin allows for an animation of her charging up her throw. If the ability button is not held she will just throw the fireball with a shorter invincibility phase at the end of the spin. I think it would be even 'Hotter' if she would do a different sort of move when she is throwing fireball's back to back similar to Atlas's animations.

Equinox:

Metamorphosis: Hold the ability button down to be able to enter both forms at the same time by pausing the transition. This will allow her to use both forms ability buffs at the same time at the cost of 25% more energy per ability. Hold the button down again to cancel the transition and return to your original form, or tap the button to complete the transition.

We get to see her in both forms on the ship so why not let it be used in a mission?

Excalibur:

Radial Javelin: Tap the button to begin saving X% of the damage of your melee strikes over the course of 5 seconds. Once the 5 seconds are up, the damage is saved and can be expelled in the javelins whenever the player is ready. 

This buff I think will make this ability do what it feels like it's supposed to do which is either eliminate the threats around you or deal heavy damage to them, no matter how strong an enemy gets. Currently, unlike Excalibur's other three abilities, this abilities usefulness diminishes greatly as enemies get stronger, to the point of it becoming a weaker version of his radial blind ability. A buff that uses X% of his melee damage should help the ability maintain it's identity despite the level enemies the player faces.

Frost: I may have a bit of favoritism for this warframe as I'm changing 2 abilities to benefit 3

Passive: Cold procs last twice as long with the addition of adding a 10% cold proc chance to each attack he uses.

Freeze: Hold the button to disable the freeze and cold proc of the ability (ignoring the passive) and rapidly fire ice sickles from both his hands that creates an ice trail to surfaces it touches (Like ice wave impedance). The trail will slow enemies that come in contact with it.

What I like about this here is that the change to his passive makes ice wave feel more worth the energy required to cast it without an augment, and his freeze ability is easier to use for creating an ice path to benefit his Ice Wave ability. Ice Wave's augment also doesn't lose it's identity in the process either since it's still a much safer option for ensuring every enemy is moving extremely slow. 

Gara:

Shattered Lash: At the cost of some of splinter storm's damage, Gara can use her whip to use that damage and deal it to enemies at double of the whip's normal radius. Killing an enemy replenishes damage to the splinter storm.

Once enemy seems low enough to be killed, and there are multiple enemies around, you could use this advantage to kill that one enemy and deal heavy damage to enemy's around you at the cost of just a small amount of energy.

Garuda:

Dread Mirror: Garuda remembers the weakness of the previous enemies she's killed. Once she has killed an enemy, she can kill that same type of enemy even if it's at full health, instantly. she can remember up to 7 different type of enemies at once, similar to Nekros for the summoning of his shadows.

Since some people complain that the instant kill threshold is too low, which i on the other hand am actually comfortable and use frequently, this could make life a bit easier. I find it to be reasonable to allow a player who has proven they can vanquish an enemy without the ability to instantly kill them, should be allowed to get away with killing another enemy of that same type, instantly for free at least once.

Gauss:

Kinetic Plating: Complete change to a 75 energy costing ability that slows enemies down by 25%, slows camera's and lasers speed by 50%, and slows enemies detection time to 3 seconds, while buffing the movement speed of all allies by 50% within a 25m radius for 10 seconds. 

It's similar to volt's buff except this allows for more control of situations as if your ability to react  has been enhanced. It's meant to give you everything that kinetic plating offered in the form of speed rather than tankiness. I think this change is good because currently our frame that's supposed to be about speed feel's like someone who hasn't mastered it yet, so he just runs into walls. This change would make it feel more like he's mastered it and is more so a god of it rather than it feeling like it's the warframe's first time using it every time.

Grendel: 2 things i want to change here

Feast: While aiming, tap the button to spit out one enemy at a time like regurgitate, hold it to fire them all at once for more damage and 75 energy. While you're not aiming, hold the button to regurgitate all the enemies into a pile like normal, tap to absorb them into your belly.

Regurgitate: (I'd like to call this new ability "Preparation" Complete change to a 50 energy drain and 10 second duration ability that give's Grendel his signature melee weapon with an added 5m of range and an ability to stun enemies hit for 10 seconds. These enemies will be considered as weakened enemies that will drain less of Grendel's energy when they are consumed. Enemies can be hit up to 3 times causing a 33% energy drain reduction per hit.

I think Regurgitate is nice but not as good as simply using Feast on a bunch of enemies and throwing them all up into a neat pile, so i combined the 2 abilities and gave him a new 3rd ability that i think would make you feel as though you are making your food easier to digest.

Harrow:

Thurible: Can use weapons at the cost of slowing the energy conversion process by 75%

I love Harrow as he is. His only downside that makes gameplay unfun to me is how restrictive Thurbile is during that charge up process. The rewards are definitely worth it but I think one could still let the player has some fun at some form of trade off.

Hildryn:

Aegis Storm: Activate the sprint button to cancel all of her damaging attacks and allow her to fly nearly as fast as an archwing.

Why? Cause I cant think of anything else negative about her other than that painful movement speed of her 4th ability. I love this warframe 

Hydroid: 3 abilities

Undertow: Activate the sprint button to turn into a wave that grow's larger per enemy being drowned. This stops the damage process but allows the player to move and capture more enemies.

Tidal Wave: Enemies hit stay within the wave and fall in front of hydroid when he exits the wave. Hydroid can slam these enemies into a wall for extra damaged, and if combined with undertow the enemies will take even more damage from the wave being bigger and more enemies being within it. 

Tentacle Swarm: Complete change. The tentacles no loner spawn in random places, instead they spawn own and near you. Hydroid will have four tentacles emerge from his back and four will be underground. The tentacles on hydroids back will be made of almost perfectly clear water similar to a clocked Loki, and they will act nearly the same as they do currently by hitting enemies that get too close, except they wont pick up the enemies. The tentacles underground will occasionally to attack an enemy, draw enemy fire, and then knock the enemy down as it retreats. 

I wanted to keep these changes small but hydroid i had to make an exception for as i find so much wrong with his abilities that i think actually NEED to be completely looked into. I don't think the goal for a warframe ability should be something that just a small percentage of players enjoy like me using undertow, limbo lovers using banish (I hate you people), and Loki lovers using decoy. I think abilities should be designed in such a way where the small percentage and the majority could both enjoy the ability, as it doesn't weaken variety, it only strengthens it and increases the overall enjoyment of the game for all players rather than a select few. Hydroid's design heavily hinders players ability to have the option to "move like fire across the battle field" and actually deal with problematic enemies by either being stuck in one place or having an enemy flung around for the player to ignore or struggle to put down. 

To make matter's worst, his abilities suffer far too much as enemies progress in level. The pressure to simply become a puddle of water intensifies as his 1st and 4t abilities unreliability become more prevalent to you, while his tidal wave ability begins to make you feel like you have only changed the location of your grave. Tidal wave leaves you with no less energy and no protection for the enemies who will be standing back up in what feels like half of a second. 

Inaros: 1 ability change, 1 change more important than abilities

Devour: Complete change. Inaros creates a thick fog of sand that damage's enemies and reduces the range of their visibility. The lost of visibility leaves them only able to attack the player every few seconds before the fog gets so strong to completely ruin their visibility again. Just like Inaros's current ability, you can see more of the sand storm than your allies will be able to see. 

Sand: Allow us to give it color so people can color the sand white for snow, black for ash, red for koolaid sugar

Why remove Devour? He's already close to unkillable with devour feeling like a less fun version of his scarab swarm. I think devour just makes it overkill with the addtion of being less fun.

Ivara:

Navigator: Make it a 10 second duration ability over increased energy drainage over time?

The question mark at the end is intentional. I really don't know if it's better to most if not everyone. with duration there is less risk or worry of your energy running out for an ability that's not too powerful. I'd love that but idk about everyone else.

Other than that, i see ivara as a perfect warframe. Even with the slow movement of her invisibility, you can still get around well  through rolling and you can eliminate all the threats around her more easily and quickly to the point where exiting the ability feels less risky.

Khora:

Whipclaw: Add more range to it's reach (Not AOE ability). I'd say give it 20m even.

This is another warframe that i think is fantastic. Her abilities stay useful all throughout a mission. Her Whipclaw may fall off but if you were to just give it some range it could be a nice ability to use to begin dealing damage before you reach a location. Like use ensnare, fight some enemies in another area, then whipclaw the enemies who got ensnared.  She's great

Limbo: 2 ability changes, one QoL change

Passive: Enemies within 20m deal 25% less damage and are the only enemies that can be rifted excluding the use of Cataclysm. Allies within 20m  of limbo will automatically transition to the same plane of that of another enemy by dealing non ability based damage to an enemy while limbo must choose toe exit or enter the rift. Limbo gains 100% damage reduction that diminishes over time to enemies that he has just entered the same plane with. (I'll post a link to a person who recently had the same idea as me about this soon)

Banish: If you are outside the rift, Tap to summon a portal to the rift, hold to bring enemies near the portal into the rift. When in the rift, tap to reposition the portal, hold to expel enemies out of the rift that are near the portal. Allies may use this portal to transition in and out of the rift

Entities that are in the rift are in the rift appear as a transparent version of their self in the energy color of limbo. Player's who enter the rift will experience the same thing rather than screen distortion

Stopping here, lost motivation

41 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Limbo: 2 ability changes, one QoL change

Passive: Enemies within 20m deal 25% less damage and are the only enemies that can be rifted excluding the use of Cataclysm. Allies within 20m  of limbo will automatically transition to the same plane of that of another enemy by dealing non ability based damage to an enemy while limbo must choose toe exit or enter the rift. Limbo gains 100% damage reduction that diminishes over time to enemies that he has just entered the same plane with. (I'll post a link to a person who recently had the same idea as me about this soon)

Banish: If you are outside the rift, Tap to summon a portal to the rift, hold to bring enemies near the portal into the rift. When in the rift, tap to reposition the portal, hold to expel enemies out of the rift that are near the portal. Allies may use this portal to transition in and out of the rift

Entities that are in the rift are in the rift appear as a transparent version of their self in the energy color of limbo. Player's who enter the rift will experience the same thing rather than screen distortion

I think DE needs to redue Limbo's entire kit because every ability that does good damage gets nerfed in rift mode excluding other frame abilities. If they wanted QoL they would have kept some synergies that allow her to be useful in rift mode. But from everything thus far, every ability or mechanic got nerfed on Limbo.

On 2020-11-07 at 3:48 PM, kwlingo said:

I think DE needs to redue Limbo's entire kit because every ability that does good damage gets nerfed in rift mode excluding other frame abilities. If they wanted QoL they would have kept some synergies that allow her to be useful in rift mode. But from everything thus far, every ability or mechanic got nerfed on Limbo.

To some extent i agree. I have found myself enjoying the playstyle of feeling as though i can stop time with his 4th and 2nd ability, i also like being able to take enemies for myself to kill and not my teammates. So i can see why DE is trying to stick with small changes. Less work, everyone will have the chance to experience this playstyle, and the people who are looking for the playstyle get to find it and keep it forever

What i dislike however, is his potential to hurt his teammates enjoyment of the game so severely with no punnishment for it, or way for your teammates to get it to stop. I dont understand why de is okay with that. That should be a line that should never be crossed in my opinion. Ask hydroid when he could trap enemies forever and pause a mission, limbo can do the exact same thing.

But whatever

On 2020-11-07 at 2:04 PM, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Grendel: 2 things i want to change here

Feast: While aiming, tap the button to spit out one enemy at a time like regurgitate, hold it to fire them all at once for more damage and 75 energy. While you're not aiming, hold the button to regurgitate all the enemies into a pile like normal, tap to absorb them into your belly.

Regurgitate: (I'd like to call this new ability "Preparation" Complete change to a 50 energy drain and 10 second duration ability that give's Grendel his signature melee weapon with an added 5m of range and an ability to stun enemies hit for 10 seconds. These enemies will be considered as weakened enemies that will drain less of Grendel's energy when they are consumed. Enemies can be hit up to 3 times causing a 33% energy drain reduction per hit.

I think Regurgitate is nice but not as good as simply using Feast on a bunch of enemies and throwing them all up into a neat pile, so i combined the 2 abilities and gave him a new 3rd ability that i think would make you feel as though you are making your food easier to digest.

This would make him much much slower and not really how he is meant to be played. His bigger problem is actually lower level missions with less to eat. If they made it to where you had energy gain at 1-2 enemies in gut then ramp up a drain, like when eating a little you feel good then when you eat too much you feel more drained. This would give a skill that shoots out enemies 1 at a time a place so you can micro manage your gut and having an energy gain ability would make it so you could be topped off before meatball starts to drain energy if your bouncing around. 

Also I think his 1 is a prime candidate for a loot augment. 

Archived