Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reactant for relics is just bad.

(PSN)lydon123

13 hours ago, sitfesz said:

Maybe ditch reactants, make the relics crack at extraction and finally punish afkers manually after checking on n+1 edit: ingame reports on any mode like it supposed to work? Fissures aren't the only mode where people afk, and currently reporting afk players is much more effort than ignoring them. Reactants try to somewhat "fight" afkers, while making the missions way worse for everyone else as well, and still make far enough room for afk.

Yep this is my thoughts as well, its more punishing to everyone else than it is to any afk players.. 

Imo they should just rework fissures to be its own gamemode, its boring already that almost all "new modes" are just the same old with one or two small changes to regular starchart (nightmare, sorties, arbitrations, steel path, syndicates, invasions...). 

About time we got something entirely new. 

My view on (r)reactant is that it should be in other game areas, and modes, not just in the relic-screen, the open-world gives me good ideas to keep players interested in fishing and mining, and also otherwise  allowing kuva siphon and extractors to appear like the nightwave creatures, this would keep players interested because each planet has a relay with many syndicates and villagers which reactant could be used to power larger ships and doorways as fuel or currency like the various dojomalls and laboratories, if reactants were to become "mainstream" they would be given interesting values and enhancing qualities.

they could also be used to power up large weapons in cetus, ships, openworld, and crafting, but also, archwing, you can picture that the special enemies and mining have enhanced versions of the materials that players did not use, or pick-up overtime the environments blend those things and they come up glowing as flowers and grass, but larger concentrations would be used for crafting +1 weapons and blueprints, trading, and crafting, this allows relics to be used for railjack and also for challenges and quest, the players who spend time opening relics get syndicates to pop-up with unique fights and enemies, gifts, and lotus challenges, which all add up.

fueling , the k-drivesy allow energy-arcanes and reload to shine if the players collect items and complete the challenges or find reactant through the system, they can be used and should alter rewards from missions in story and sidequest.

other rewards and enhancement -- to make it more acceptable to all playerversios- this means that the players don't have to join specific mission/RAD share and upgrades offering additional rewards and boosters for organized content modes and continuity.

hacking and machines enhanced by reactant overdose:

or modes to get 10 lotus or components then run all the way back to the ship, the stuff could be in fortuna or sold by a few veterans, and traded so the relics can be used and equip or opened in the future also the ones that enemies drop could be converted in the orbiter or feed to the machines on the ship or helminth, or given to those people on the new moon, which also makes a great place to find reactant inside other planets and mission modes a sensational finding for operators to gain special effects, reloads and options when sliding bonus bullet or quicker transference, maybe increasing the amount you can carry since the basic system has them all over the map, the robotics could grab them or dog, also this way open the reactant to building better kit-guns, and BP's or warframe parts and for crafting as well as giving the enemies a chance to use them to increase their shooting and HP speed, shields glow red, or become glass enemies depending on their locations, right now is about the same per relic, so the enemies could be different and the rewards per pickup more enhancing and passive traits, ephemeral or electrical glow and other tag-along benefits for friends who are just helping and players who have no relics or who fail to collect sufficient "R" the players who grab the versus those who "destroy them" and to give a variant to players who perform the kill they would have to glow or become enhanced, for instance the players who grab the reactant have uses for their operators or bonuses to their weapons, amps, and archwing becomes more interesting, so to give the players the option to slide or open a locker interesting rewards according to how to combo or destroy an enemy, scanning and stealth are similar, parazon functions are great but they are stagnant and have no "r" bonus, so you can easily see players in PVP getting reactant to use and kuva getting other rewards pools if they were to expand the system like they did with railjack, the shapes are large and big, i mean the ships the orbiter and Cy are completely different, so this should give CY his own set of uses for reactant to convert those into weapons and mods, or in the future new warframe parts and amps, dogs, alien pets, and robotics.

7 hours ago, SnakeBadger said:

My view on reactant is that it should be in open-world instead with kuva and other RNG appearances like nightwave enemies from all seasons, but there should be other rewards and enhancements to make it more acceptable to all players- this means that the players dont have to join specific mission/ or modes to get 10 lotus or components then run all the way back to the ship, the stuff could be in fortuna or sold by a few veterans, and traded so the relics can be used and equip or opened in the future also the ones that enemies drop could be converted in the orbiter or feed to the machines on the ship or helmith, or given to those people on the new moon, which also makes a great place to find reactant inside other planets and mission modes a sensational finding for operators to gain special effects, reloads and options when slidding bonus bullet or quicker transference, maybe increasing the amount you can carry since the basic system has them all over the map, the robotics could grab them or dog, also this way open the reactant to building better kit-guns, and BP's or warframe parts and for crafting as well as giving the enemies a chance to use them to increase their shooting and HP speed, shields glow red, or become glass enemies depending on their locations, right now is about the same per relic, so the enemies could be different and the rewards per pickup more enhancing and passive traits, ephemeral or electrical glow and other tag-along benefits for friends who are just helping and players who have no relics or who fail to collect sufficient "R" the players who grab the versus those who "destroy them" and to give a varient to players who perform the kill sthey would have to glow or become enhanced, for instance the players who grab the reactant have uses for their operators or bonuses to their weapons, amps, and archwing becomes more interesting, so to give the players the option to slide or open a locker interesting rewards according to how to combo or destroy an enemy, scanning and stealth are simular, parazon functions are great but they are stagnant and have no "r" bonus, so you can easily see players in PVP getting reactant to use and kuva getting other rewards pools if they were to expand the system like they did with railjack, the shaps are large and big, i mean the ships the orbiter and Cy are completely different, so this should give CY his own set of uses for reactant to convert those into weapons and mods, or in the future new warframe parts and amps, dogs, alien pets, and robotics.

Is this the Corrupted Vor monologue?

9 hours ago, sitfesz said:

Is this the Corrupted Vor monologue?

Somewhat, but it has been refreshed, i do mumble a lot when i brainstorm but eventually i comeback and write something interesting, vor jokes, but idk, vor could use a content update, if he were to use the loot and environments that enemies ragdoll and dropped mods, he could survive the fight much longer, and this way the smaller fragments of reactant allow the rewards to become "GOLD" or whatever amount you collect, the players who RAD share is different because they know what they want. But other players already have the gear, so they want MODS and ARCANES which bellow and enhance those weapons inside the relics or Augments, so many boss fights and sidequest should have things like that.,BPs, and also Vor "treasure chest" could contain loot which villargers use to make glyphs, emotes, and the nearby relays, the radio lady and orbiter, Cy would craft you something, not everyone has helminth system unlocked, this allow vor to take advantagems, of the surroundings, a few new NPC in the void and the relays would allow Vor to conduct transactions instead of being a total badguy, he takes items such as relics and other things for trade if you don't want to fight him, for instance the keys equipped would automatically grant you a set of rewards and items, throwing the tenno in a state of nightmare or handicap challenge $,so it would be boring for vor, so let that amount to something worth boosting while other players extract and you sit down to drink tea w/vor as a syndicate system of points for trading, mod polarities, endo, all reciprocate and glow, and the other bad guys in each planet who just drop "old" regular warframe BPs,that also gives me a few good ideas for Vor, if he had kuva or lich style weapons and relics to hand off, most people skip that whole fight, the rewards are monotoned.

On 2020-11-08 at 6:06 AM, (PSN)lydon123 said:

The reactant collection system is outdated, unreliable, unnecessary and punishes players on endless missions for either killing too fast or spreading out across the map too far.

YES

also the ships console is useless options, i think this is a good place to keep special weapons and enhance gear, instead of the relics chances since its next to a crafting laboratory, every update a few new features though, so don't lose control, it would be good to get some points for relays with trade stations and cards, to unlock music and nodes, mods, emotes, and emojis which could be a value included in the relics for players to boast over when they react extraction and collect a few reactant this point is accrued like credis weaved with the rewards or exit, extraction ordis would just give them to you or you can travel to other planets to see what they have added, color palettes, moonshards, arcanes, zaws, kitdrive and gun armory.

relics are such odd things, the gameplay in relic is VERY outdated i think, at least the new landscapes are effective, i hope the other planets and environments feel as good when they get a rework, each planet just feels the same as the next if you are a veteran player i think each zone coul dhave more things for the enemies and destructibles to make sensee, anyways, a extractor might workout for the relics too.

also tennopods are really lol, even if there was a new HUD with OXYGEN and aroma farts and loot amps, k-drives, or clothes added quickly. Vazarin...tenno....ghouls ghouls pods and machines instead of people, usually the encounters are really human, occasionally there is a hack, robot, but they are usually sleeping people in the can or pod, it would be funny to extract some eggs or save other creatures too with those particular optional rewards octavia and players get new abilities or energy types to playtest, machine guns are stationed like railjack on the remake tileset laser, and the orbiter is commands and shooting at the smaller enemies from far away, while the warframes go on "auto" like umbra excalibur with arcfhwing and heavy weapons unique abilities on auto-shooting at galleons of ships who has water? if its raining your in the cloud, it could be acid music,  the operators are shooting and reloading their amps with reactant causing overdrive on both ends a bonus to combat and rewards,  transference should be more interesting

While we're Checking for new content ... blindfolded, so not responding to anybody in particular. Keep your fuses.

On 2020-11-13 at 4:17 PM, Steel_Rook said:

Reactant exists to slow down gameplay and ensure a minimum time investment in acquiring Primed components, specifically as a means of limiting their supply on the secondary market. That's why repeated criticism of Reactant and repeated proposals for improvements to Fissures have fallen on deaf ears for years. DE never address those, not even in passing on a Dev Stream. They'll talk about Railjack and Liches and Arcanes, they'll look at underused game modes or Warframes, but nary a word on Fissures. This tells me that Fissures aren't seen as deficient. They're working exactly as intended. We, the people who might want to get parts from them for our own use, might find them unfun, but we aren't their target audience.

EoD pretty much. It's carrot and stick thing. Works on worms let alone us. One one hand they are giving us ever increasing power and trinkets (the carrot) and on the other they are coming up with new ways to limit the use of said powers or buffing existing limitations (the stick). Whole RNG on top of RNGed RNG is just another way of achieving same thing. Could they make a system where you are guaranteed to build Shedu in 800 Sent kills with a meter that told you exactly how far you are? Of course they could. Pitchforks and tar is what they'd get. This way some get it in 400 or less and are happy and some don't in 1200 and are furious. In the end it balances out.

Just because four people on sofas; or chairs recently, are telling you how much they love you every fortnight or so doesn't mean it's true. I mean yes, in a way they do love you. You're paying their bills. What's not to love about that? The catch is, somebody or something has to. Would you rather see them lift all slowing restrictions but implement subscription? I would think not. It's not the most subtle and/or imaginative way most of the time but it also isn't the worst. Again, most of the time. Yes, Lith fissures can be a bit of a problem. Maybe one solution is to allow use of lesser relics as in cracking open Liths in T2s and higher. Or just fix so many issues that wouldn't hurt Plat market and leave this alone.

9 minutes ago, Duhno said:

While we're Checking for new content ... blindfolded, so not responding to anybody in particular. Keep your fuses.

EoD pretty much. It's carrot and stick thing. Works on worms let alone us. One one hand they are giving us ever increasing power and trinkets (the carrot) and on the other they are coming up with new ways to limit the use of said powers or buffing existing limitations (the stick). Whole RNG on top of RNGed RNG is just another way of achieving same thing. Could they make a system where you are guaranteed to build Shedu in 800 Sent kills with a meter that told you exactly how far you are? Of course they could. Pitchforks and tar is what they'd get. This way some get it in 400 or less and are happy and some don't in 1200 and are furious. In the end it balances out.

Just because four people on sofas; or chairs recently, are telling you how much they love you every fortnight or so doesn't mean it's true. I mean yes, in a way they do love you. You're paying their bills. What's not to love about that? The catch is, somebody or something has to. Would you rather see them lift all slowing restrictions but implement subscription? I would think not. It's not the most subtle and/or imaginative way most of the time but it also isn't the worst. Again, most of the time. Yes, Lith fissures can be a bit of a problem. Maybe one solution is to allow use of lesser relics as in cracking open Liths in T2s and higher. Or just fix so many issues that wouldn't hurt Plat market and leave this alone.

yea, also i think there should be a thingy like othergames where you just open them as go through and the items are stacking but that system would be lik eUPC and BARCODES so nevermind, several points and baskets of fruits in one run, its challenging.

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, (PSN)adrian80 said:

They really should just let you open the relic when mission is completed.

Running around like a madman to get your 10 reactants is just bad, with all the added issues mentioned in this thread.

Indeed I do hope they do something about this next year because Im so tired of this waiting game and battle with the reactant. 

I want to PLAY THE GAME, not wait around drinking tea and asking for the enemy to kindly convert so I can finish this mission.

Archived