Upgrade Rest of the Game content to "Steel Path" Level for pros.

Stop focusing on content that releases at like max power level of 20 - 35 for a second and put a steel path mode on every old content besides star chart which u get an A+ for after adding in the "Steel Path" difficulty, it was long overdo *clap clap*.

Now, add in steel path difficulty for kuva, void fissures, sorties, and every other old content in the game, and new content needs to have the steel path difficulty content as well to so this game stays challenging for experienced players that sunk 1000s of dollars into your game over the years.

With that said,

<3 keep up the good work.

Remember: DONT NERF, ENHANCE! <3

• Like 23
2 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Videogames will never cater completely to end game vets and elitists. They are a minority by nature. 

Games try their best to strike a balance or add something for everyone, but the meat of development is for the main audience to be involved in. 

I feel like "striking a balance" between casual players & elitists is a different topic entirely.

OP is just requesting a Steel Path modifier for missions that don't already have a Steel Path modifier. This isn't doing anything that DE hasn't implemented already.

• Like 17
3 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

I feel like "striking a balance" between casual players & elitists is a different topic entirely.

OP is just requesting a Steel Path modifier for missions that don't already have a Steel Path modifier. This isn't doing anything that DE hasn't implemented already.

I think they're fully aware, but realistically are dipping their toes in first. This is why you release something, observe how it behaves over time, and decide what to do next. 

It'd be kinda silly to just drop a huge steel path modifier on "kuva, void fissures, sorties, and every other old content in the game" right away. That's just making more work for yourself right off the bat. 

As you can see, they dipped their toes in again by adding the alerts and rotating rewards. Maybe later they'll try their hand at fissures after seeing how the current addition plays out.

• Like 5

The players that dont agree to this should just be playing the normal game, not coming in here trying to shoot down end game content for ppl that have this game since 2013 (me 2014) PLEASE CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK ONLY PLEASE.

Steel Path on all old content besides star chart would be AWESOME! DE I hope u make it happen dont listen to the newbs, they arent giving u much money ive sunk over 500s dollars into your game cause I LOVE GAMES that have GOOD and dedicated dev teams LIKE YOURS <3 KEEP IT UP. and you are only gonna get richer if u invest your game development into putting the end game difficulty mode on all your new released content and old content to keep everyone playing.

also, to the newbs, i mean no offense to this but u will benefit from this content in time as its just a flip of a switch once u unlock it u can turn it off and on after u master your warframes and use cash and stop being cheap and support the game u will see end game content is where its at. LIKE ITS ACTUALLY FUN GOD FORBID END GAME CONTENT IS FUN. <3

(No Hard Feelings <3)

• Like 3

Instead making every tought of you about steel path a thread, why don't merge all your threads into one, post it on feedback where it belongs and see if the devs consider it a good idea? I suggest you "A LOT OF STEEL PATH BALANCE AND FIXES" as a title.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Not quite sure what you mean by this, what I'm saying is that this isn't the solution to making more engaging play for future content releases.

It isn't meant to be. The only point of Steel Path is to provide stronger/bulkier enemies for players who are in the mood to fight them.

While this might not be ideal for the long-term health of the game, the alternative (i.e. a fundamental overhaul of all damage/health/energy/CC/modding/invisibility/invincibility mechanics for both players and enemies) is unfortunately a wee bit difficult to implement.

So until that day comes, I'm more than satisfied with what Steel Path offers, and I would like to see it available for more game modes.

Edited by SortaRandom
wording
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

It isn't meant to be. The only point of Steel Path is to provide stronger/bulkier enemies for players who are in the mood to fight them.

While this might not be ideal for the long-term health of the game, the alternative (i.e. a complete overhaul of all damage/health/modding/invisibility/invincibility mechanics for both players and enemies) is a wee bit difficult to implement. So until that day comes, I'm more than satisfied with what Steel Path offers, and I would like to see it available for more game modes.

It's not even that the game needs it's missions that allow us to actually use skills learned. Steel Path is still 1 shot territory, the only thing it does is pigeon hole build choices if you still want to speedrun it or you can choose to play it with less OP gear and take longer per kill, that's about it. Just as 1 example imagine a boss where we are actually required to parkour through sections while trying to damage the boss, operator mode disabled and no shortcuts with things like cloud walker. And if it's too hard for some well too bad, that's what's being suggested with applying Steel Path to new content as it is, it will be beyond your low level players which I'm fine with but I'd prefer if it were skill based not gear based.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It's not even that the game needs it's missions that allow us to actually use skills learned.

Just as 1 example imagine a boss where we are actually required to parkour through sections while trying to damage the boss, operator mode disabled and no shortcuts with things like cloud walker. And if it's too hard for some well too bad, that's what's being suggested with applying Steel Path to new content as it is, it will be beyond your low level players which I'm fine with but I'd prefer if it were skill based not gear based.

100% agreed!

DE has tried to implement more parkour-intensive areas like the Jupiter tileset, but even that doesn't really have an effect on gameplay except when moving between groups of enemies. I would absolutely love to have more bosses where parkouring (like, ACTUAL parkouring, not just bulletjumping in a straight line) is necessary.

THAT BEING SAID--

11 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Steel Path is still 1 shot territory, the only thing it does is pigeon hole build choices if you still want to speedrun it or you can choose to play it with less OP gear and take longer per kill, that's about it.

From a solo perspective... Steel Path is definitely 1 shot territory with some more specialized builds, but at that point your loadout probably has a few glaring downsides (bulk, mobility, objective defense, crowd clearing, crowd control, etc) that you'll need to deal with. And these weaknesses are going to be a lot more noticeable during gameplay since there are more enemies that each deal more damage.

From a squad perspective, there are literally zero missions that won't be a snoozefest for veterans anyways. Not without reworking the fundamentals of the entire game, at least.

But yeah, adding decently-bulky enemies as a gear check is literally all Steel Path is intended to do in the first place. And that's fine-- it doesn't pretend to be anything else, and it's fully optional to boot. 
It's not intended to be a substitute for skill-based game modes, and IMO it could coexist with these modes just fine if DE ever decided to implement some 😠.

Edited by SortaRandom
  • Like 1

Oh yes, more nodes, just what the game needs, it's no longer good when we have 230 nodes x 2, let's also double invasions, nightmare missions, alerts, kuva nodes, kuva lich nodes, void fissures, sindicate missions, i mean, what could go wrong?

If you like playing solo, then you'll certainly love the missions, because that's what will happen.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

The problem is that Steel Path isn't challenging. All it is, is a gear check.

99% of all coop games are just gear checks. They WANT you to be successful. Especially in newer games. If you want a challenge, you should look for PVP or some of the rare games that propose a challenge.

Warframe in its entire structure is built around gear and it won't change in the future, I'm afraid. And for me personally it is good this way.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

The problem is that Steel Path isn't challenging. All it is, is a gear check.

Amen.

I'm tired of eHP being considered the only metric of "hard" in Warframe, when you can copy/paste a loadout and have the same success (assuming said copy/paster has more than one active brain cell) you don't have an action game, you have a puzzle game.

That said I would like to avoid a few other cliche's of "hard" content, like the antiquated "Stand here or die" mechanics often seen in MMOs and DPS checks (related to gear checks, but not entirely the same thing imo).

• Like 7

Absolutely, spamming abilities, as in CC and removing the entire AI  while camping the S#&amp;&#036; out of the game while basically abusing invulnerability mods/frames/setups is so challenging and definitely way more interesting than fighting uniquely developed enemies.

---

Snark aside, I agree. I was surprised there were no steel path arbies and fissures and the like.. 

• Like 4
7 часов назад, XJR15 сказал:

Now, add in steel path difficulty for kuva, void fissures, sorties, and every other old content in the game,

tell me at least 2 reasons why me or anyone else would run SP fissure instead of a regular?

waste more time just to open a relic?

• Like 1

The only missions I enjoy more on steel path are disruption and survival. Survival because for once you have actual enemy density, even solo. This has little to do with levels and EHP modifiers though.

Disruption however does get more interesting if the demolyst is tankier. You could increase the HP of every enemy in an exterminate mission to the 32bit cap and it still wouldnt make the mission more difficult, it would just take longer. In disruption however that enemy can actually pressure you because you need to kill it fast enough. Now you can still kill steel path demos very quickly but your setup needs to be a lot better to do that.
Disruption also has an aspect of understanding how demolysts work. So often I hear from people that they dislike the nullifier pulse, how you cant do anything about it and how frequent it is but that just tells me they refuse to adapt to the enemy at hand.

My point is that just wildly slapping a few EHP modifiers on enemies isnt very productive, they need to make sense for each mission.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, XJR15 said:

The players that dont agree to this should just be playing the normal game, not coming in here trying to shoot down end game content for ppl that have this game since 2013 (me 2014) PLEASE CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK ONLY PLEASE.

Steel Path on all old content besides star chart would be AWESOME! DE I hope u make it happen dont listen to the newbs, they arent giving u much money ive sunk over 500s dollars into your game cause I LOVE GAMES that have GOOD and dedicated dev teams LIKE YOURS <3 KEEP IT UP. and you are only gonna get richer if u invest your game development into putting the end game difficulty mode on all your new released content and old content to keep everyone playing.

also, to the newbs, i mean no offense to this but u will benefit from this content in time as its just a flip of a switch once u unlock it u can turn it off and on after u master your warframes and use cash and stop being cheap and support the game u will see end game content is where its at. LIKE ITS ACTUALLY FUN GOD FORBID END GAME CONTENT IS FUN. <3

(No Hard Feelings <3)

Give me better rewards over normal mode, and I'll consider it. If there's no benefit to doing higher tier missions, I'll just do whatever is fastest.

• Like 2