Upgrade Rest of the Game content to "Steel Path" Level for pros.

On 2020-11-08 at 10:51 PM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Not quite sure what you mean by this, what I'm saying is that this isn't the solution to making more engaging play for future content releases.

indeed, i cleared a ways through Steel Path then got bored and just stopped playing it. it's not anything new or interersting, it's the same damn stuff i've been doing since 2013, all over again. and i don't get to choose my Gamemodes and just play what's more interesting and engaging, no, i'm forced to do all of the super boring stuff all over again.

the exact stuff that i was happy to leave behind the first time as a "whew, done with that, now i can actually play and have some enjoyment".

On 2020-11-09 at 12:45 AM, SortaRandom said:

the alternative (i.e. a fundamental overhaul of all damage/health/energy/CC/modding/invisibility/invincibility mechanics for both players and enemies) is unfortunately a wee bit difficult to implement.

just make interesting Enemies. 'power fantasy' and Gameplay engagement simultaneously.
doesn't matter what the Player Stats are if the Enemies are fundamentally not interesting to engage with.

22 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

99% of all coop games are just gear checks. They WANT you to be successful.

thinking that a Video Game that actually asks anything of the Player and actually encourages them to learn and become better is a game that doesn't want the Player to succeed - is the exact kind of completely inaccurate ideology that people are using to harm the enjoyment of Video Games.

• Like 4
7 часов назад, (PSN)Deeceem сказал:

No worries, if it has the same rewards it'd be dead a month after it had been added because people would go back to doing regular sorties for the same rewards. Proof: any node in Steel Path currently except Odin and maybe Ophelia because some didn't get the memo yet.

When they announced SP I said that it'll be dead in a few months without better rewards than the regular starchart and without a reasons to go there after you're through with it and Teshin's shop. People would only play it for Kuva if the rates were good enough and maybe - ironically, considering SP should incline you to bring your good gear - to level gear (I was wrong about that one as far as I know).

Shockingly it turned out that players (yeah, yeah "not everyone") tend to choose to do the less demanding content if the rewards are virtually the same.

To be fair, the SP dailies and a SP shop weekly rotation are coming. We'll see how that goes.

I thought the steel path was added so that the players could feel the challenge?

but, again, it turns out everyone is whining about the rewards as usual and they don't care about challenge

wf community at its finest

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

I thought the steel path was added so that the players could feel the challenge?

but, again, it turns out everyone is whining about the rewards as usual and they don't care about challenge

I don't care about the rewards. But Steel Path sadly isn't a challenge, it's boring.

• Like 1
il y a 2 minutes, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

I don't care about the rewards. But Steel Path sadly isn't a challenge, it's boring.

Have you tried playing SP Mot with a caster frame, or SP disruption ?

If you mean than most SP missions are a nothing but DPS check and that Khora trivialise most endless, yes you're right.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

Have you tried playing SP Mot with a caster frame, or SP disruption ?

If you mean than most SP missions are a nothing but DPS check and that Khora trivialise most endless, yes you're right.

I did most of the missions with Nova actually, cos gotta go fast. I can't stand using Khora.

1 minute ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

Oof SP Nova boring ? When you think that most did it with Inaros 😅

Oh mate don't get me started, I like using a frame with some fun utility ie wormholes, I did most of the Defense missions with a Speedva, I can't imagine doing that stuff with a lump of HP that offers very little else lol :D 

• Like 2
il y a 37 minutes, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

Oh mate don't get me started, I like using a frame with some fun utility ie wormholes, I did most of the Defense missions with a Speedva, I can't imagine doing that stuff with a lump of HP that offers very little else lol :D 

I can't agree more. I did most of SP with my Mag

I did Sp with Nidus,Titania,Khora,A lil bit of nekros,Wukong to rush,Wisp somewhat,Umbra Excaliber sometimes to see how he fares in sp and Inaros only for hijack becuase hijack sucks(Well unpotatoed and unformad Inaros but still an inaro lol,only used him becuase i dont have Hildryn).

Btw i didnt really min maxed or formaed frames in this second acc so none of these have forma. Defense were mostly the only lentghier missions but nothing much and i really was not in a rush lol

Edited by (PSN)grayhyh
3 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

Would you work an hour for a quarter?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This is your opinion. I know many players that would choose a more challenging sortie over the current cake walk. 

Some of us actually ENJOY playing the game too and don't just log on for rewards. There has also been multiple request for Steel Path syndicate missions too. Some of us just want to test our gear WHILE we grind. Its not that complicated. 

I mean, I literally wrote the proof down for you. Go into the game and check which SP nodes are actually actively played. That's not an opinion. I also play Steel Path to test builds but I'm still capable to see that overall it's not popular. No idea why that is so hard to admit just because you enjoy it and why you feel the need to imply things that aren't true but hey: that's (actually) your opinion.

6 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

I'm just pointing out why it's unpopular, buddy. Don't hate the messenger.

Edited by (PSN)Deeceem
4 hours ago, Genitive said:

A better way would be if DE actually put time and effort into the steel path rather than slapping more EHP on enemies. For example, they could adjust elemental resistances to enemies so our choice of element matters more. Or they could use the Orb Vallis gimmick and have standard enemies mixed in with elite variants that have more health, armor, and deal more damage. Or have random sortie modifiers, so at least we would tweak our loadouts beforehand.

I made a thread suggesting player-customisable modifiers back when SP was new, as a way to let the player pick what kind of challenge they wanted (rather than just being All Bullet-sponge All the time). I can get a link for you if you're interested (or you can search for "Steel Bindings", as that's what I called the proposal).

57 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I made a thread suggesting player-customisable modifiers back when SP was new, as a way to let the player pick what kind of challenge they wanted (rather than just being All Bullet-sponge All the time). I can get a link for you if you're interested (or you can search for "Steel Bindings", as that's what I called the proposal).

Sure, I'll look for it, thanks.

SP already has all missions. What you are asking for is scaling of rewards, not difficulty. I do not see that happening for fissures, sorties, nightmare missions or arbitrations. Though it would be nice for invasions.

Edited by (PSN)thegarada
9 hours ago, taiiat said:

just make interesting Enemies. 'power fantasy' and Gameplay engagement simultaneously.
doesn't matter what the Player Stats are if the Enemies are fundamentally not interesting to engage with.

Eh... it actually kinda does matter what the player stats are. In the game's current state, a theoretically-perfect, genuinely "interesting" enemy would still get cheesed to death immediately on spawning. We're simply too damn strong for interesting enemies to exist... unless they're straight-up immune to damage/statuses/CC/etc for the sake of creating a more "controlled" combat experience, which is an honor typically reserved for bosses.

IMO, the whole "fundamental overhaul of all damage/health/energy/CC/modding/invisibility/invincibility" is unfortunately necessary for an interesting non-boss enemy to exist in the first place.

• Like 1
On 2020-11-08 at 7:38 PM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Videogames will never cater completely to end game vets and elitists. They are a minority by nature. 

Games try their best to strike a balance or add something for everyone, but the meat of development is for the main audience to be involved in. 

This is far from the truth when you consider what kind of game this is. Part MMO lots of looter shooter. There is no developer out right now in these genre's who believe endgame shouldn't exist. Wow wouldn't be wow without its endgame. Anthem wouldn't be rebuilding if endgame didn't matter. Destiny would have stopped ages ago if endgame wasn't a thing.

This isn't some single player story action adventure game, fighting game, arena game, sports game, etc. And even those have a bit of focus on endgame. Nothing you said really makes sense at all.

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, megastorm said:

This is far from the truth when you consider what kind of game this is. Part MMO lots of looter shooter. There is no developer out right now in these genre's who believe endgame shouldn't exist. Wow wouldn't be wow without its endgame. Anthem wouldn't be rebuilding if endgame didn't matter. Destiny would have stopped ages ago if endgame wasn't a thing.

This isn't some single player story action adventure game, fighting game, arena game, sports game, etc. And even those have a bit of focus on endgame. Nothing you said really makes sense at all.

That's why your "endgame" was deleted from the game because only 1.3% actually did them....

That's why enemies and their mechanics were nerfed more over time, including a game wide enemy EHP nerf....

That's why some of the remaining "endgame" grinds and fights that are for more experienced players like Tridolons, orb fights, and leveling operator focus and unlocking Ways are complained about on a regular basis.....

All you did was say "but but....these games have an endgame...". Who's not making sense, again? 

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

Eh... it actually kinda does matter what the player stats are. In the game's current state, a theoretically-perfect, genuinely "interesting" enemy would still get cheesed to death immediately on spawning. We're simply too damn strong for interesting enemies to exist... unless they're straight-up immune to damage/statuses/CC/etc for the sake of creating a more "controlled" combat experience, which is an honor typically reserved for bosses.

IMO, the whole "fundamental overhaul of all damage/health/energy/CC/modding/invisibility/invincibility" is unfortunately necessary for an interesting non-boss enemy to exist in the first place.

Well the problem is DE be acting like with their 'nerf few ouliers that people like to use' would solve any of the undrleying causes that makes warframe a literal stat-checking simulator , im okay with nerfs as long as DE has vision and has a clear goal in mind on what their game would be and not just let random few spoken thousands of people decide arbitrary and broken path of game balance. 
Again , it may seem like im complaining that they are nerfing stuff sometimes , few but big stuff that gets people's attention , my specific view on the whole 'thang' is that dont nerf stuff unless you guys give us a proper damage system that isnt just stat-check that rewards a bit of skill ( timing of using warframe abilites and doing certain actions at the correct time etc.) , and if you(DE) insist on this game staying as a horde-shooter-looter then stop nerfing aoe stuff in a horde killing game ,.. thanks.
This game is no longer a spy- assasins creed stealth-esq- low damage - dark sectors vibe game , we are in a huge cookie clicker on crack essentially so im on with the 'no nerf ' crowd unless they want their game to not be that , yet they fail to recon it as one. 
On the other hand you could say , 'why even talk about they nerfing stuff when melee is braindead busted right now' youre right , it is at the moment , even though im not a huge fan of melee'ing (a gun person if you will) , there was a time this year when 2.99 melee was still going , status rework of its first baby steps with the heavily nerfed version was there and enemies had exponential armor scaling , that was the time where only few handful of melees could be considered okay-ish for scaling , since we are living in 'busted' times again people seem to forget that our powers could be taken away with little to no compensation , and that was the 3 months break i had after that btw. 
Just wanted to share my view, tnx for reading this mess of puncture errors :d 

Edited by killerJoke66
1 hour ago, megastorm said:

You are correct that those games all have a true and well defined “endgame”, but DE themselves have called “endgame” a nebulous topic and I don’t think they ever plan to address it.

It seems pretty clear to me that DE profits more off of newer players than veterans, and this is the reason behind all new content being made easily accessible to everyone.

DE wants to make content that everyone can access sooner rather than later. This is the game they want to make, its not Destiny, not WOW, not Anthem.

• Like 1
On 2020-11-08 at 9:33 PM, XJR15 said:

and new content needs to have the steel path difficulty content as well to so this game stays challenging for experienced players

If you mean adding additional stuff to accommodate tryhards, then fine whatever. If you mean making all content going forward have Steel Path level of difficulty, then a huge no. Not everyone is a tryhard nor should the entire game revolve around that style, YOU may want that but someone like me that plays the game to y'know HAVE FUN wants nothing to do with it. Definitely shouldn't be forced into it because of tryhards wanting to stroke something, want that go load up Sekiro/Dark Souls/Bloodborne to get your jollies.

Edited by CrimsonXX
44 minutes ago, CrimsonXX said:

If you mean adding additional stuff to accommodate tryhards, then fine whatever. If you mean making all content going forward have Steel Path level of difficulty, then a huge no. Not everyone is a tryhard nor should the entire game revolve around that style, YOU may want that but someone like me that plays the game to y'know HAVE FUN wants nothing to do with it. Definitely shouldn't be forced into it because of tryhards wanting to stroke something, want that go load up Sekiro/Dark Souls/Bloodborne to get your jollies.

I'm pretty sure OP just wants the option to do everything in higher difficulty, you know like most games with a easy - normal - hard options, no need to get salty and call them a tryhard

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, CrimsonXX said:

Buddy why are you so angry? He’s just asking for the option, which you wouldn’t even have to engage with if you didn’t want to. It would just exist for those who want it.

• Like 2