Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need an explanation for how Baruuk is ok

Althaline

I've recently learned about Baruuk's abilities. I've never played the frame, but having seen him played and getting an explanation of how he works, what kind of thought process led to thinking he was at all balanced? He's nigh-unkillable, and puts out insane "melee" damage (that matches type with whatever the enemy is weak to) out to about 50 metres. On top of that, he disarms opponents, and has a stronger sleep than any other frame in the game. He's some kind of unholy Saryn/Loki/Rhino combo with (as far as I can see) no trade-offs whatsoever.

You shouldn't really play warframe if the level of freedom is gonna bother you.

He needs a large forma investment to get to that point.

He's locked behind one of the biggest grinds in the game: fortuna and Vox Solaris.

His exalted can run out and you have to be mindful of keeping it replenished which requires building it that way.

You probably haven't even fought high level infested with him....so go ahead and try that out and come back maybe.

He does all those things if modded in a particular way, but will rarely do all those things at the same time. Ive played him quite abit. Hes ok, but theres frames that do each thing he does better. Hes abit of a jack of all trades frame.

Serene Storms' Waves have a Range of 20 Meters.

anyways, yes Baruuk is a Hyper Tank, and has a different type of Sleep, and has a conforming AoE Column Melee Weapon.
however, Serene Storm is at odds with his other Abilities, in that the Meter Baruuk has go in opposite directions when you use Serene Storm vs the other Abilities. which means that using Serene Storm a lot either requires Casting the other Abilities.... a lot. or to just not be able to use it sometimes at all, and not be able to use it for very long if you haven't semi-spammed the other Abilities a bunch in a while.

i must have missed the part where having a decent/fine Ability Weapon was 'illegal' however. our own Weapons have very big numbers, it's not like you'll never need Serene Storm, perse.

outside of that, you have a Hyper Tank that can put things to Sleep. that's not very outlandish to me.

Baruuk is an effective Warframe, but i'm missing the "omg most Warframes are obsolete" part of this.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Because people consider anything that isn't a planetary exterminatus as 'underpowered' in this game, for some reason.

Community Can’t one shot level 9999 Steel Path Demolyst? Terrible, MR fodder, waste of forma, *insert terms that makes it look bad here*

He does has access to all those properties you mention , but all are under heavy restriction.

1 only have effect when not attacking , which in a lot of cases , means not progressing the game.

2 is a big area sleep , but have a slow activation time , and need Line of sight.

3 is single target disarm in a hoard game , and every activation will cost DR which is more valuable.

4 is a powerful weapon , but needs special resource that's need time , energy and enemies present to build up.

Reactive storm is strong , but is an augment , so it take a mod slot.

Baruuk is not weak by all means , since he is indeed unkillable in the right hand . But he is also not broken like you suggest.

I hope these answer satisfied you . More question is welcomed.

8 hours ago, Tovon said:

No answer for you but it makes one wonder why so few people play him.

He's locked behind a Old Mate in Solaris United (I think this is required to get to the back room where Little Duck is?) and a Toroid farm to accumulate 91000 Vox Solaris standing to purchase his BP and his parts (that includes the 71000 standing needed to reach rank 3 to buy all of his parts).

Though... honestly? I think Harrow is far worse to acquire. People say Khora is bad, but at least Sanctuary Onslaught is more interesting than Defection. Both require 20 minute runs to reach rotation C to get a part.

His damage ability is held back by the restraint meter (honestly a perfect balance for its damage output).

The disarm is meh, especially since it makes you lose DR for it.

Lull is great but it does take a couple seconds for enemies to go fully asleep.

his 1/3 synergy is awful, and only serves to discourage any well informed Baruuk player to never use his one if his 3 is active.

He’s powerful but there are aspects of his abilities that make them balanced.

Unless the devs decide to change him, just don't try to point out any "irregularity" with him, he's just conveniently powerful. Even if some of the arguments given to defend his potential are somewhat "inconsistent", it seems there's always a way they are right. 

One can only hope that other frames get as "conveniently powerful" as him so the contrast gets smaller, along any consequences that might imply. 

Still I gotta agree with the things some others have said, luckily he doesn't have a 50m AoE, and his sleep is more like a side grade to the others, something between the bigger AoE of Equinox and the alert reset from Ivara, and the downside of enemies waking up after receiving any damage (even the daggers and things you can't control like Companions for some reason). And he's more like a low base stats frame with 97% in-kit DR on a world where Arcane Aegis (etc) exists, with a CC powerhouse (even if not usually in 20+m, which would just be overkill) , and an hybrid Hysteria along a Stropha with a 20m blast, that literally copies the heavy and slide combos from the former, has things like Pull and Exodia hunt built in, that also adapts damage as you say, deletes projectiles, ragdolls enemies to the point the AI just can't keep up, and passively disarms them, but he isn't as fast nor invisible like Loki at least.

I think it's fair to say he's pretty Ok outside the extra potential he develops from RS without any drawbacks (and perhaps he should trade one of his DR's for higher base stats, as I don't really think one can die with him unless he runs out of energy [mostly vs infested but also apply this to idk, 70% of all frames] , or tries to tank any of the heaviest hitters in the game, like a Ropalolyst laser beam or the necrabomb barrage, and that's mostly what I suppose the devs designed Inaros for). 

Also saying you haven't played him really doesn't help. I'm not convinced with his actual state, but before I came to this conclusion I gave him a decent build and took him to every type of mission (or most) pre and post RS. 

7 hours ago, Kaiune said:

The rep grind to get him is a pain. If they ever swich the other open worlds to a token system like Deimos it will help a ton. 

What do you mean by that?

You totally already can hand in items for Standing, in both Cetus and Fortuna.

It's just that you don't need to first convert those items into a different item that then can be handed in for Standing,
you simply give Debt Bonds / Fish / Gems / Toroids / Sentient Cores / whatnot and get Standing, the end.

The only case where it's different is when you do Conservation, there you get Standing directly
rather than being able to save up a bunch of tokens to then (randomly, argh) be turned into actual Standing tokens.

Like, if you'd said the Toroid / Atmos etc Systems RNG grind is a pain, then I'd full-heartedly agree with you :P

(Though Scintillant is about as bad if not worse, to say nothing of getting parts for Cortege.)

Archived