Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback/request: Glass enemies shouldn't spawn anymore for players who have the Vitrica BP

Fascistsonfire

While I understand Nightwave is still going on, glass enemies are nothing more than a hindrance if you've beaten Nihil. They also have no purpose - negligible amounts of Standing, Cephalite Resonance has no use as soon as you're done with all 5 episodes and the boss fight.

Finally, it makes no sense. We killed the Glassmaker, didn't we? Who's making all those glass soldiers now? Other than messing up riven challenges, spy missions and fishing/mining for absolutely zero reward, why are they there if I finished the quest line?

2 minutes ago, trst said:

The moment that happens you end up with people that haven't finished ranking up complaining about not getting their free standing every 20 minutes.

It's usually what, 150 standing? Pick your poison I guess, lose 150 standing every 20 minutes or... "hoooooold up..."

4 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Killing them gives standing, standing gives NW credits, so what if I still want that?

I will not argue just to defend my initial point of view, you have a point. I do think they make no sense other than giving you that 90-150 standing from time to time.

Perhaps they could spawn as minions to aid you and keeping them alive for a certain time would net you standing. At least it becomes entirely optional.

2 minutes ago, Fascistsonfire said:

I will not argue just to defend my initial point of view, you have a point. I do think they make no sense other than giving you that 90-150 standing from time to time.

Perhaps they could spawn as minions to aid you and keeping them alive for a certain time would net you standing. At least it becomes entirely optional.

Minions or ally npcs are useless

150 is cumulative, if you could look at the standing you got, at the very least 1/4 of it would be through killed enemies, it's not negligible

I'd rather just have an option to turn off their spawning, and I wouldn't make it conditional on anything. Want to switch them off even though you're nightwave rank 4? Certainly.

Nightwave in general needs an option to disable whatever the annoyances for this season are. Wolf minions, acolytes, glass-holes - I don't care to see any of them.

...if they also maxed their NW prestige ranks.

As annoying as they are,  they often help to scrape remaining 1000 standing per day to advance on next rank.

I collect more than 4500 per week just by playing normal missions, that's one whole weekly challenge, instead of  messing with the liches, Railjack, syndicates or buggy annoying bosses like Tusk Thumpers, Ropalolyst or Valis spiders.

8 hours ago, Hayrack said:

...if they also maxed their NW prestige ranks.

Nope. I'm rank 49 and I want the glass-holes gone. I could be rank 20 and I'd still want them gone. I have zero interest in hitting the absolute cap - the only item of true worth to me (the umbra forma) already happened at rank 26.

Again, the presence or absence of nightwave annoyances really ought to be a per-player option. You want them, I don't.

13 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Killing them gives standing, standing gives NW credits, so what if I still want that?

you are getting nw standing mostly from the normal ranks
to get one level of nw you will have to get about 66 full spawns and considering they don'w spawn very often(15-20 min intervals?), that's about 16-17 full hours of gameplay 
that's for one rank...15 credits...

I guess is ok if you are that starved for the credits, but imo it's really not worth it for those who finished all the things.

ok hear me out

i think making them not spawn for people who already have the vitrica is an absolute dog S#&$ idea
but...
what if vitrica could just 1 shot the glassed enemies with ground slam projectiles?
or at least turn their glass invincibility buff into the glass cc which it makes with its aimglide projectiles when you hit them with it
not really helpful unless you have the vitrica equipped at all times but its better than nothing

vor 1 Minute schrieb HelNite:

ok hear me out

i think making them not spawn for people who already have the vitrica is an absolute dog S#&$ idea
but...
what if vitrica could just 1 shot the glassed enemies with ground slam projectiles?
or at least turn their glass invincibility buff into the glass cc which it makes with its aimglide projectiles when you hit them with it
not really helpful unless you have the vitrica equipped at all times but its better than nothing

I'm sorry, is the reason for the ton of complaints about the glass enemies seriously that you people think they're hard? Seriously?

1 hour ago, vegetosayajin said:

you are getting nw standing mostly from the normal ranks
to get one level of nw you will have to get about 66 full spawns and considering they don'w spawn very often(15-20 min intervals?), that's about 16-17 full hours of gameplay 
that's for one rank...15 credits...

I guess is ok if you are that starved for the credits, but imo it's really not worth it for those who finished all the things.

What are you talking about? Killing them gives 150 standing, one NW rank is 1,000. Killing 7 teams of glassed enemies gives 1,050 standing, so more than one rank, not 66

1 hour ago, Krankbert said:

I'm sorry, is the reason for the ton of complaints about the glass enemies seriously that you people think they're hard? Seriously?

They're a distraction... like for example:

• You're doing a Deimos bounty with Latrox Une and his delicate Osprey.
    • Instead of just focusing on protecting the Osprey, now you have to worry about annoying glass enemies killing the Osprey too! So you have to think about finding them before they get too close to the Osprey.
  • You're doing a Defense mission.
    • They slow down Defense missions because they count as enemies in a wave. Defense missions are already slow... this makes it worse!
  • You're doing a Capture mission for Synthesis targets and the mission becomes an Exterminate.
    • They slow down Exterminate missions... especially in Steel Path where you should be doing your daily Synthesis for Simaris.
  • You're fishing/mining.
    • Now they spawn in and distract you from fishing/mining.
    • And they mess up Requiem Obelisks because the enemies that the tower spawns tend to become glassed!
  • You're farming enemies for something with your Nekros
    • But they explode... so no corpse left?

These are just some examples of how disruptive and unfun these easy enemies can be. Again, it's not that they're hard to kill, it's that they're annoying and they disrupt your mission and your fun!

Additionally, they interact with some Warframe abilities in bad ways! So if you were annoyed with the scenarios like above... have fun shooting them in Khora's Strangledome. Or Enthrall them and witness how their glass pieces sometimes become invulnerable for the duration of the ability (same with Khora's Strangledome).

They're not hard. They're extremely very ultra mega annoying and unfun! And the potential pay off is a meager 150 standing and a resource nobody who beat Nihil needs anymore. Now I understand over the duration of 6 months, 150 standing is something. But most players aren't going to notice the effects of 150 standing every 20 minutes on their Nightwave ranking for the week!

1 hour ago, Krankbert said:

i personally dont mind them at all
and i doubt anybody finds them hard
them just annoying af

6 minutes ago, nslay said:

They're a distraction... like for example:

• You're doing a Deimos bounty with Latrox Une and his delicate Osprey.
    • Instead of just focusing on protecting the Osprey, now you have to worry about annoying glass enemies killing the Osprey too! So you have to think about finding them before they get too close to the Osprey.
  • You're doing a Defense mission.
    • They slow down Defense missions because they count as enemies in a wave. Defense missions are already slow... this makes it worse!
  • You're doing a Capture mission for Synthesis targets and the mission becomes an Exterminate.
    • They slow down Exterminate missions... especially in Steel Path where you should be doing your daily Synthesis for Simaris.
  • You're fishing/mining.
    • Now they spawn in and distract you from fishing/mining.
    • And they mess up Requiem Obelisks because the enemies that the tower spawns tend to become glassed!
  • You're farming enemies for something with your Nekros
    • But they explode... so no corpse left?

You always walk around without a melee weapon? You don't know how to use it? Definitely takes longer for them to explode than to kill them. Yeah the explosions may be an issue for the shield osprey, if you let them get too close, try not to do that.

Just now, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

You always walk around without a melee weapon? You don't know how to use it? Definitely takes longer for them to explode than to kill them. Yeah the explosions may be an issue for the shield osprey, if you let them get too close, try not to do that.

i dont think having a melee instantly solves literally any of the problems mentioned in that post without being a disruptive hindrance

Archived