Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kitguns showing up as not owned/mastered

Error989

I've had this bug for a few months now and was hoping that it's gonna go away on it's own or is going to be hotfixed but nope...
4 of my kitguns are showing up as not mastered under my primary tab, I already own and have mastered secondary versions and afaik primary don't give you mastery points if you already have secondary mastered. Only 4 are showing up because I've got 2 mastered as primary.

Primary tab:
image.png

Secondary, all mastered:
image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

If this isn't related to UI bugs I'm sorry for posting at the wrong spot.

I thought it was a glitch too, but I think it might be because you didn't actually use the Primary Kitguns, regardless if Mastery is earned, it is simply displaying you didn't use them.  I had not either but upon creating and Maxing out the Primary kitguns recently, I noticed they are now displaying that I mastered them.  It didn't provide Mastery but at least it doesn't bug me now as they now have been marked as Maxed.  Not sure if its what they intended, but it does kind of make sense considering you never used them.
Happy Primary Kitgun crafting!

1 hour ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

I thought it was a glitch too, but I think it might be because you didn't actually use the Primary Kitguns, regardless if Mastery is earned, it is simply displaying you didn't use them.  I had not either but upon creating and Maxing out the Primary kitguns recently, I noticed they are now displaying that I mastered them.  It didn't provide Mastery but at least it doesn't bug me now as they now have been marked as Maxed.  Not sure if its what they intended, but it does kind of make sense considering you never used them.
Happy Primary Kitgun crafting!

Problem is that it wasn't like that, this bug just came and never went away. And yes it's 100% a bug since I've asked few of my friends and they don't have the same problem. The whole point of seeing your profile progress is to see what you have left to master. Kitgun Chambers count towards mastery so only those should be there.
In my opinion kitguns should have their own section/tab unrelated to primary or secondary weapons since this only causes problems like this one.

I have nothing against building 4 more kitguns but doing so won't fix this bug, it will just make it go away for me. Also I don't wanna build 2 of the same again with new kitguns coming soon™ especially if they'll be token hungry.

14 minutes ago, Error989 said:

Problem is that it wasn't like that, this bug just came and never went away. And yes it's 100% a bug since I've asked few of my friends and they don't have the same problem. The whole point of seeing your profile progress is to see what you have left to master. Kitgun Chambers count towards mastery so only those should be there.
In my opinion kitguns should have their own section/tab unrelated to primary or secondary weapons since this only causes problems like this one.

I have nothing against building 4 more kitguns but doing so won't fix this bug, it will just make it go away for me. Also I don't wanna build 2 of the same again with new kitguns coming soon™ especially if they'll be token hungry.

Being that I'm on Xbox, I'm not sure about the timeline as we are always a step behind, but I just bit the bullet and made the kitguns so at least I could say I did use them, even if not that exciting nor additional Mastery earned. At a bare minimum, I don't have to see them as not mastered in my Stats any more.

7 hours ago, parabashka said:

Have you tried to use search on forums?

I've been googling, didn't search the forums. Google usually gives me forum results but seems it didn't this time. My mistake for not taking my time to search here.
Nice to know that DE is aware of this.
Thanks.

So the official response is:

On 2020-10-28 at 10:18 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

It is intended that you only get mastery once for a kitgun chamber. It shows up under both Primary and Secondary categories in your Profile because of the way we track usage and stats,  which is our mistake. We're aware of the issue and are working on a fix but I don't have a timetable I can share with you yet.

As noted, for now, if it's really bothering you then the "zombie" kitgun entry will go away if you gain Affinity with the kitgun.

Archived