BphYFnO.png

oXz1al7.png

b2zIYWF.png

O6Pa7fm.png

Sf0ZWZ3.png

11) Deluxe skin, by The1stAzrael | Current votes: 0

Spoiler

5vMPFgQ.png

Prize winner info: (who actually got the arcane and why)

Spoiler

*These are in chronological order

cdfkrdQ.png

Sk70uob.png

M5NItit.png

Y0PCGki.png

SCVaLrR.png

--> Video of prize winner trade session <--

Just in case the link for the video stops working:

5sExrbM.png

9agnHKn.png

6rGRmj4.png

fwXJozm.jpg

sj6BLeN.jpg

Art contest info: (Contest ended in 12/30/2020)

Spoiler

Guen, 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑲𝒖𝒗𝒂 𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒆, Art ContestTvgiTKB.png

The winner gets a Maxed ARCANE ENERGIZE, and the winning art will become the new face of Guen, The Kuva Warframe!

(If the winner isn't on xbox, then he/she may choose a friend to receive the arcane instead)

How to enter, & what to do next: (Art submissions are due by December 30th)

-Comment down below or message me directly to enter the contest. Make sure you give me your gamer tag so that I can reward the winner.

-Be sure to take advantage of the "Artwork Info/ guidelines" tab, you'll need it if you're going to do well in this contest.

-If you're not quite convinced that there's really a Maxed Arcane Energize prize, then you should take a look at the "Proof of Arcane ownership & satisfaction guarantee" tab.

-If you have any questions, I would start by reviewing some of the information provided in this post. If you don't find the answers you're looking for in this post, then simply reach out to me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Art Contest Description:

Spoiler

*2 pieces of art will be chosen to represent Guen, but the winning art piece will serve as her true face.*

Everyone will vote to determine the overall winner. In addition to receiving a maxed arcane energize, the overall winner is guaranteed a top spot on my forums page for display.

Once the winner is chosen, I will choose one of the remaining art pieces to determine the second art piece that will be displayed.

Even if your art doesn't make the cut, I will put it in a spoiler tab directly underneath the displayed artwork on second thought, I have decided to leave a link to this page instead, everyone will still be able to see all of the art, so don't worry. I hope no one minds this change, I just think it makes more sense this way. So everyone who participates will get their artwork showcased and credited in one form or another, no matter what.

Voting rules: (Voting lasts until 1/15/21)

Spoiler

1) Votes must be posted in a comment. Do NOT message me directly with your votes.

2) You don't need to participate in the art contest to vote on the winner. Anyone is welcome to vote 😁.

3) Each person is only allowed to vote once. I will be checking multiple times, so no funny business 😑.

4) If you are a participant in the contest, you are not allowed to vote for yourself. You have to pick someone else.

5) I myself am not allowed to vote in this contest unless there is a tie, in which case I will be the tie breaker.

[(More voting info can be found in the next post, directly underneath this one. The post is titled "VOTING")]

Artwork info/ guidelines:

Spoiler

There are 2 options to choose from in this contest. You can either choose to draw Guen's deluxe skin, or her default skin. Information about each of them can be found below.

You can also choose to draw both of them if you'd like. Drawing both is 100% optional, but it would increase your chances of winning the contest and getting your art displayed.

Artwork rules: (Art due by 12/30)

Spoiler

1) Artists may revise their already submitted artwork if they wish. However, if an artist is interested in revising their already submitted art, they should first message me directly. If I am not aware, then I cannot guarantee that the submission will be updated in time.

2) Artists may submit one of each skin, this will count as 2 separate submissions rather than one.

3) Artists may also submit multiple pieces of art for a single skin, but this will still count as a single submission.

4) And, obviously, keep it PG guys.

Guen's deluxe "Lakshmi" skin info:

Spoiler

Here is what I think Guen's Deluxe "Lakshmi" skin should look like, more or less:

Jkur3HF.png ({Original picture link})

A little bit of info about the Deluxe skin:

1) Guen's eyes should be glowey and lifeless, with a tint of gray. Part of Guen's lore is that she was never alive, so her eye color always matches the Operator's (this represents her own lack of a personality). Although, for the art I want Guen to be independent from the Operator, which is why I want her eyes to be gray (symbolizing a lack of life or independence). Also, her eyes shouldn't have pupils.

2) Guen's deluxe skin should look like liquid Kuva. The color should be deep red, not so dark that it seems almost black, but definitely on the darker side.

3) This art is actually quite close to what I am envisioning, which is obviously why I used it for visual aid. Always moving, flowing like water, and elegant, but also a bit off-putting and intimidating.

-If you need more information, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Guen's default skin info:

Spoiler

Here is what I think Guen's Default skin should look like, more or less:

HgohfrX.png

A little bit of info about the Default skin:

1) Guen's eyes should be glowey and lifeless, with a tint of gray. Part of Guen's lore is that she was never alive, so her eye color always matches the Operator's (this represents her own lack of a personality). Although, for the art I want Guen to be independent from the Operator, which is why I want her eyes to be gray (symbolizing a lack of life or independence). Also, her eyes shouldn't have pupils.

2) This skin is supposed to look like hardened Kuva. The color should be deep red, not so dark that it seems almost black, but definitely on the darker side.

3) In Guen's lore she was created by the Worm Queen for the Elder Queen (both co-rulers of the Grineer), so Guen's default skin should have an overall Grineer feel. Not too much, but just enough for it to be noticeable. I want Grineer soldiers to say; "Hey, that kind of looks like our armor doesn't it?" "Ehh, not quite, I think It's a knockoff. Not sure though."

-If you need more information, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Here is the link to the actual frame concept, it has a lot of information that might help you:

Proof of Arcane ownership & satisfaction guarantee:

Spoiler

*Regardless of the circumstances or the number of submissions; There will be only 1 winner, and that winner will receive only 1 Max Rank Arcane Energize (unless the winner decides to give it to someone else)*

Proof:

Spoiler

Since I grinded so much during scarlet spear, I just so happen to have a spare max rank Arcane Energize. I was going to sell it, but I think this is a far better use for it. Just in case you're not still convinced, here's the proof:

n6UGEUC.jpg

Guarantee:

Spoiler

The winner of this contest WILL receive a max rank Arcane Energize, you have my word. If I don't reward the winner, and yet I still use the art in my forums page, then you can sue me for copyrighting your art. Trust me, an Arcane Energize isn't worth $600 in legal fees.

Also, I will record the trading session with the winner and post it here. That way you know the winner actually got the Arcane. Otherwise, it may seem like I just created a fake forums account and made myself the winner. Hopefully posting a video here won't be too difficult, I don't want anybody to think I ripped them off.

If-thens:

Spoiler

-If the winner isn't on xbox, then that will obviously make things difficult, seeing as I am on xbox and Warframe doesn't allow cross-console trading. But, if this happens, then the winner may choose a friend to receive the arcane instead. That friend can either keep the arcane, or simply hold onto it while the winner of the contest progresses in the xbox version (obviously not everyone would/ can do this, so the winner may decide to just let the friend keep it).

-If the winner Isn't on xbox, and doesn't have any friends who happen to play Warframe on xbox, then the winner may choose one of the other artists. Whoever the winner chooses will receive the arcane. If the winner doesn't want to choose, then the prize will go to the second place artist.

-If the winner is low on credits, then I will wait until he/she has sufficient funding to claim his/her reward. I can even help the winner progress in the index if the need arises.

More art contest info/ history:

Spoiler

Not long ago I made a frame concept called "Guen, The Kuva Warframe", and so far it has gotten a lot of attention (10k views in 6 months), but I still don't have any official artwork for it yet. I have pulled pictures from the internet to give people an idea of what she should look like, but I would still love to have some art made specifically for her. That is why I started this art contest, and it's also why I am willing to give up a maxed arcane energize in the process.

Participants:

Spoiler

-Kyroo

-Dan_Dagazz

-The1stAzrael

-ZABIJAVAK

-Aragami_Tenno

-KeLaRo

-Anaktoria

-LucyValkyrie

-EternalDrk Mako

-ToaPhantom

[5 participants had to opt out of the competition for various reasons, which is why they will not be found on this list.]

Voting info: (Voting ended in 1/15/21)

Spoiler

VOTING

I will be tallying up the votes as they come in.

The results will be updated regularly and posted here in the "Artwork" tab.

-->Artwork: (All art is due by 12/30)

Spoiler

1) Default skin, by Kyroo | Current votes: 0

Spoiler

guen_the_kuva_frame_concept_by_kyroo_de8

2) Default skin, by The1stAzrael | Current votes: 0

Spoiler

guen-size2.png

3) Deluxe skin, by ZABIJAVAK | Current votes: 0

Spoiler

AhdMMXI.jpg

4) Default skin, by KeLaRo | Current votes: 0

Spoiler

Guen_kuva_defense.png

5) Default skin, by Anaktoria | Current votes: 0

Spoiler

D3BE341B-5D36-4FEB-B1A7-00E599A9ACD6.png

6) Default skin, by EternalDrk Mako | Current votes: 0

Spoiler

kuvaframe.png

7) Default skin, by Dan_Dagazz | Current votes: 4

Spoiler

hKleagBrtWI.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=969PE3pDLaNCo.jpg?size=1000x600&quality=96

More Default skin art, by Dan_Dagazz:

Spoiler

l1f-fU5yGgw.jpg?size=1000x600&quality=96_pnkgu27mCc.jpg?size=1000x600&quality=96

saEDLFohVcU.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96eMozDS77uto.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96IjwCBrkVYFY.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96nlD93lPLj9o.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96

8) Default skin, by LucyValkyrie | Current votes: 1

Spoiler

ylo55js.png

9) Default skin, by Aragami_Tenno | Current votes: 0

Spoiler

ACtC-3eABwIVG8i4s7NUSoQEtiMhn5RqVXlV2ssG5FBRpgAeQZRKiAPEKG0ILgP6RLBaXjeec_D7vStFvPZBfWRIMtmwCmjD4hy0nynIql_c0V5kJPfOg5HyYqMN7SO6YVcJfEn-9pA2f3E_HYENvMcaqTev=w762-h609-no?authuser=0

10) Default skin, by ToaPhantom | Current votes: 1

Spoiler

XIrNOX5.png

More Default skin art, by ToaPhantom:

Spoiler

DyXMbgf.png

DmBC7vr.png

7v0dFDn.png

BphYFnO.png

oXz1al7.png

b2zIYWF.png

O6Pa7fm.png

Sf0ZWZ3.png

11) Deluxe skin, by The1stAzrael | Current votes: 0

Spoiler

guendeluxewip2cloak2.png

-->How to vote/ what it looks like:

Spoiler

To vote, simply comment on this thread with your vote:

1) First, make sure you begin with the word "VOTE". Doing this would help me sort through all of the votes more easily.

2) Then, identify the corresponding number for whichever piece you want to vote for. (The number for each piece of art is provided in the "Artwork" tab.)

3) Finally, double check to make sure you didn't accidentally pick the wrong one.

Examples:

✔️ VOTE: 1)

✔️ Vote, 3.

✔️ vote: 2

Voting rules: (All votes are due by 1/15/21)

Spoiler

1) Votes must be posted in a comment. Do NOT message me directly with your votes.

2) You don't need to participate in the art contest to vote on the winner. Anyone is welcome to vote 😁.

3) Each person is only allowed to vote once. I will be checking multiple times, so no funny business 😑.

4) If you are a participant in the contest, you are not allowed to vote for yourself. You have to pick someone else.

5) I myself am not allowed to vote in this contest unless there is a tie, in which case I will be the tie breaker.

Vote changing:

Spoiler

If you ever decide to change your vote, you can do so at any time before 1/16/21.

If you would like to change your vote, here's how to do it:

1) DO NOT EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL VOTE. I will almost certainly never notice that you edited it, so don't do it.

2) Post ANOTHER comment, and begin with the words "VOTE CHANGE", that way I know to disregard your last vote and input this one instead.

3) Then simply fill in your new vote, just like normal.

Examples:

✔️ VOTE CHANGE: 1)

✔️ Vote change, 3.

✔️ vote change: 2

Early voting:

Spoiler

Anyone is allowed to vote at any time (before 1/16/21 of course).

If your mind is truly made up and you know exactly which art piece to vote for, then you may cast your vote early. Simply comment down below which art piece you think deserves the win and your vote will be counted.

However, I do recommend checking in near the end of the contest just in case you decide to change your vote (Yes, you're allowed to change your vote. More info on how to do that can be found in the "Vote changing" tab.)

On 2020-11-16 at 12:58 AM, Rahny said:

what about the timing?

Timing? You mean the date for the end of the contest? Well, that depends on how many people enter the contest within the next few weeks, as well as how quickly people finish their artwork down the road. I don’t want anyone to be left out just because they were late, but I also don’t want people to wait forever to find out the results of the contest.

Edit: I just set the art submission due date to December 14th. If for whatever reason that date doesn't work for people other arrangements can potentially be made. But still; 12/14 is almost certainly the due date for art submissions in this contest.

Anyway, on an unrelated note, does this mean that you want to enter into the contest?

My take on the Kuva Frame Guen. It was difficult finding a balance for the design. Some things I had to factor in were:
    - Original lore and description based off the inspiration image and abilities.
    - The Grineer aesthetic of rough and bulky metal.
    - Tenno aesthetic of being sleek and organic.
I went with what a frame would look like if it had a hardened Kuva body and used a Kuva Siphon as armor . Guen would have multiple tubes running across, in, and out of her body with Kuva flowing (colored violet to differentiate from the red markings of the accent colors). On her back would be a mini Kuva Siphon which connects to the tubes on Guen's body. She also has multiple braids (Queen's Braids) strapping the armor to the body of the frame.

Another inspiration for Guen's design was Moira from Overwatch. With Kuva being at the core of her design, many of her abilities revolved around the absorption and ejecting of Kuva. On her arms are devices that can spray and take in Kuva using her abilities. She can also do this with the valves on her shoulder guards. 

I didn't want to go too into detail with the design, just enough to get a general sense for where everything would go and to hit specific notes. 

23 hours ago, Kyroo said:

My take on the Kuva Frame Guen. It was difficult finding a balance for the design. Some things I had to factor in were:
I went with what a frame would look like if it had a hardened Kuva body and used a Kuva Siphon as armor . Guen would have multiple tubes running across, in, and out of her body with Kuva flowing (colored violet to differentiate from the red markings of the accent colors). On her back would be a mini Kuva Siphon which connects to the tubes on Guen's body. She also has multiple braids (Queen's Braids) strapping the armor to the body of the frame.

Another inspiration for Guen's design was Moira from Overwatch. With Kuva being at the core of her design, many of her abilities revolved around the absorption and ejecting of Kuva. On her arms are devices that can spray and take in Kuva using her abilities. She can also do this with the valves on her shoulder guards. 

I didn't want to go too into detail with the design, just enough to get a general sense for where everything would go and to hit specific notes. 

I really like the way you implemented what was already there, and at the same time put your own spin on it with the tubes and how they relate to her abilities. And the way you separated the color scheme as it would be in the game was really cool too! Also, you totally nailed the grineer look! Good job 😁👍.

Le 19/11/2020 à 04:47, Kyroo a dit :

this art is actually pretty ! and you also thought to add colours disposition ^^" I've seen a Kuva Warframe concept many times. I hope DE will do something with that kind of warframe, this has got potential ! 

1 hour ago, roromado13 said:

this art is actually pretty ! and you also thought to add colours disposition ^^" I've seen a Kuva Warframe concept many times. I hope DE will do something with that kind of warframe, this has got potential ! 

Wait, have you really? You’ve seen other kuva warframe concepts? I haven’t. I’ve only ever seen blood frames, not kuva frames.

Could you message me the links, because I would quite like to see those.

I'm not completely satisfied with how this turned out, so I miight revise it in the future.

Edit: Revised version

guen-size2.png

• The energy in the orbs would have a swirling effect, similar to Mag's base helmet
  • Colours on the bar are arranged in primary (dark grey), secondary (grey/pink), tetrairy (red), accents (dark red), energy (pale orange), and emissive (yellow).

Spoiler

the more I look at her, the more she reminds me of a Christmas light lol

12 hours ago, (PSN)The1stAzrael said:

I'm not completely satisfied with how this turned out, so I miight revise it in the future.

MSeeQ1A.png

This is awesome! I love your art style. The detail and shading are very high quality as well. Good job!

If you think you can improve upon this then I would definitely recommend that you do so. This art is already quite good, if this is only the first draft then I can't wait to see what your final draft is.

For now I will submit this piece into the contest. If/ when you message me with your revision I will update your art submission in the contest.

18 hours ago, ZABIJAVAK said:

ur tomato soup is ready

8f9da0adfb_shrink.jpeg

deluxe skin btw

edit: made it a darker red because i am rahetarded and forgot 

edit: edit edit edit edit

edit:

I really love this art piece. I like the way you made it your own with the exposed bones in various places. It's kind of like she's both decomposing and reanimating at the same time. Super cool! Great job!

On 2020-12-03 at 5:10 AM, KeLaRo said:

Guen_kuva_defense.png

I hope you like it :D is a 3d model Lowpoly

Thank you for your submission! This is really cool! 3D art, Wow! I like the color and texture, and the kuve-like pearls on her upper body are very interesting. This design kind of reminds me of Valkyr for some reason, which is interesting because her lore is kind of similar to Guen's.

And on top of all that you did in in 3D! I imagine that is much more challenging than many of the alternatives, great job!

2 hours ago, LucyValkyrie said:

Is the contest still open?

Yeah, what he said, lol.

This contest lasts until 12/30, but there is some wiggle room. So if you run into any problems just message me and we should be able to work something out.

Also, since it seems like you’re interested in participating, I hope you don’t mind me adding you to the participants list.

Anyway, good luck in the contest! I know you’ll do great! 😁👍

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Mentor0fHeroes said:

Yeah, what he said, lol.

This contest lasts until 12/30, but there is some wiggle room. So if you run into any problems just message me and we should be able to work something out.

Also, since it seems like you’re interested in participating, I hope you don’t mind me adding you to the participants list.

Anyway, good luck in the contest! I know you’ll do great! 😁👍

nah i don't mind, go for it 👍

So, this is it :3

Skin - Default

Line version:

nlD93lPLj9o.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96

Color palette 1:

IjwCBrkVYFY.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96

Color palette 1 + Kuva/Void effects:

hKleagBrtWI.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96

Color palette 2:

eMozDS77uto.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96

Color palette 2+ Kuva/Void effects:

saEDLFohVcU.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96

It was an interesting experience and I am happy with what happened in the end 😋

P.S.: Merry Christmas! :3

36 minutes ago, Dan_Dagazz said:

So, this is it :3

Skin - Default

Line version:

DSHCYwKFgy4.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96

Two color palettes:

JgvzqgqTGS8.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96

FuFFuavNQ8U.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96

Two color palettes + Kuva effects:

zu8ZtiGmoJw.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96

gsl_L8_ljbY.jpg?size=1200x700&quality=96

😱 It's sooo good! Oh my god, I-- I have no words... This is amazing! Everything is so perfect, and you incorporated each of her abilities into the design in a unique and interesting way that I never would have expected. And you even incorporated her valence fusion feature! And on top of that you gave her alternate color schemes!? This is awesome!

Archived