Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Timeout

AnastasiaMichenko

So, this still exists as a thing, and still seems to be a problem if the gear you have turns out to be less than optimal for something you're trying to kill. It was covered nicely by a newer player in an older post back in 2017, where they had issue with a certain shadow stalker. My case is only slightly different in that I made the wonderful choice to summon a Wolf of Saturn Six on Steel Path, in Teshub, Void, an exterminate mission.

A friend and I (playing Hildryn and Harrow respectively) cleared the map, summoned him, then got him down about 50% HP with no deaths, though with a lot of melee spamming, and yet it still triggered the AFK timer eventually... despite both of us having to do careful management on zoning and ability casts to not die, and in no way being even close to actually AFK. If any changes could be made to what determines if a player is killing, that would be nice, but of course I guess just don't be weak is a nice rule too. We were using nikana prime and orthos prime I believe, so I understand if those are less than optimal for an armoured unit such as Wolf.

Suppose I decide to make this very well-advised decision again, any suggestions? Recommendations? I was thinking to do a Sabotage or Capture instead, which should be a quick mission that doesn't stop enemies spawning, while also not making them scale forever. Could also try a Shattering Impact or the sort on melee, armour has to go down eventually, no? Let us know what you think.

22 minutes ago, AnastasiaMichenko said:

We were using nikana prime and orthos prime I believe, so I understand if those are less than optimal for an armoured unit such as Wolf.

The weapons aren’t bad, but there are better choices. People tend to like gunblades for stuff - not sure if it would be suitable as you need specific mods.

24 minutes ago, AnastasiaMichenko said:

Recommendations? I was thinking to do a Sabotage or Capture instead

Any mission where you can keep killing things, and do it before the objective, just in case.

Yes no kills or slow kills trigger the mission time failure, this can be a problem on assassination missions especially on steel path. Possibly on capture if you stay you may be alright because objective complete and theres already the spawn stop cap at 5mins after capture, weather there a failure at longer than 20mins not sure but i usually farm argon crystal after capture and that take time opening crates and lockers. Sabotage is best run slowly for murmur farming so again you may be safe on a sp sabotage for a beacon drop. Think i Would drop pre sabotage as DE has added a timer on new corpus tileset (for meltdown) not on freeze option.  Have fun sound like old wolf from season1  pre nerfs is on sp.

Oh, I remember when I got AFK timer while playing solo on Jupiter spy mission, you know, the one with unique data vaults, lots of area, secret labs and hidden rooms to explore? I got punished for enjoying the game!

Did you mod your weapons with Fury and/or Berserker? Maybe use Shattering Impact, Fury, Berserker and mod remaining slots for as much guaranteed damage as possible? If you can afford, both should be using Steel charge aura mod. Forget show-off stances, use fast ones. Use Volt's speed boost.

2 hours ago, Hayrack said:

Did you mod your weapons with Fury and/or Berserker? Maybe use Shattering Impact, Fury, Berserker and mod remaining slots for as much guaranteed damage as possible? If you can afford, both should be using Steel charge aura mod. Forget show-off stances, use fast ones. Use Volt's speed boost.

Yes, I did all that aside from Steel Charge and Shattering, and I think shattering might have helped more... hitting the Wolf is like attacking a Battalyst, no procs work, and like a Juggernaut, no CC works, overall I think melting the armour is all you really could do.... my highest hits were with heavy attack at max combo, and like 13k red crit at best. Should usually be like a 200k, but my lord the armour. Luckily he is a melee-only mob, but there's not a whole lot of reason to try to exploit that with ranged attacks since he's completely immune to procs.

Archived