Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

6DoF(Six degrees of freedom)

--Las--

(I am russian. My English very bed, and i am soryy for some mistake)
6DoF(Six degrees of freedom) this system may me bee free on the mission archwing. And this system more realism. 
if thay can - i want to add some option in the customization.This option may turn off/on sys 6DoF(Six degrees of freedom)
hope to yours undetstanding!)

1 hour ago, xXRampantXx said:

If I understand what you mean, and you're asking for it to be added, they had it for a time but ultimately ended up removing it.  Personally I liked it quite a lot, but I don't see it being likely to come back.

I too miss that freedom of movement and I really want the inertia back, they just needed to add a brake option/button to the set-up.

Railjack has 6dof and it feels cool. Using archwing in railjack seems confusing, and I'd like to see that rotation back. But railjack also has returning to horizontal position after some time, I don't remember whether arhcwing returned before that update.

In normal missions I massively didn't like that freedom (but maybe older players were used to it)), because open world have strict horizon which matters a lot in navigating. This applies to Titania, open worlds and maybe sharkwing.

7 hours ago, Nakti said:

Railjack has 6dof and it feels cool. Using archwing in railjack seems confusing, and I'd like to see that rotation back. 

Yeah, I have no idea why they removed 6DoF from archwings while adding it to railjacks. It used to be a toggle-able option, so I find even fewer reasons to remove it if player can decide on their own. Personally would also like an option to auto rotate in railjack, since there is no true Up and down in space.

7 hours ago, Nakti said:

I don't remember whether arhcwing returned before that update

It didn't return you in archwing missions atleast (not 100% sure about open world, but I think you could also keep your rotation). I found this ability to fly at any angle quite nice to increase the amount of ways you could experience the corpus ships. (Asteroid fields felt the same no matter the angle you were flying at) Flying at a different angle would make the whole Corpus ship feel like a different tileset.

7 hours ago, Nakti said:

In normal missions I massively didn't like that freedom (but maybe older players were used to it)), because open world have strict horizon which matters a lot in navigating. This applies to Titania, open worlds and maybe sharkwing.

So, Ironically I find 6DoF to actually make a difference when you know which way is down. You cant get the enjoyment of flying upside down when there is no down, such as with the asteroid field I mentioned, in it a rock is a rock no matter the angle. In an openworld having the ground be above you or to the side has a larger contextual shift.

7 hours ago, Nakti said:

This applies to Titania

Hmm, if 6DoF was available for Titania, I should've got her way sooner, applying infinite flight angles to all tilesets sounds like fun.

One large difference I can see between Railjack and normal archwing is that the Q and E buttons are only used for roll in railjack. This currently can not be used in archwing due to equipment and Melee. In the old system you could only change your roll by doing weird circles with your mouse. If they allowed 6DoF buttons for roll would need to be assignable. I would definitely use Z and C for the roll replacement, but that might need to be made consistent between railjack and archwing then. Is there currently a use for Z in normal gameplay? C is used for switching weapons, but that can also be done with the mouse scroll wheel.

15 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

One large difference I can see between Railjack and normal archwing is that the Q and E buttons are only used for roll in railjack. This currently can not be used in archwing due to equipment and Melee. In the old system you could only change your roll by doing weird circles with your mouse. If they allowed 6DoF buttons for roll would need to be assignable. I would definitely use Z and C for the roll replacement, but that might need to be made consistent between railjack and archwing then. Is there currently a use for Z in normal gameplay? C is used for switching weapons, but that can also be done with the mouse scroll wheel.

The use in normal gameplay is defined purely by the players' keybindings. As far as I'm concerned, E is the use button (and has been ever since Half-Life; putting melee on E in this game is as stupid as binding it to "fire gun" in Quake), Z toggles the squad display and C activates the in-game voice chat.

3 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Z toggles the squad display and C activates the in-game voice chat.

Even a better reason to replace these keybinds for archwing. Is there ever a reason to toggle the squad display off? And given the current state of squad interaction no one seems to use in-game voice chat, so also easily replaceable.

3 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

As far as I'm concerned, E is the use button (and has been ever since Half-Life; putting melee on E in this game is as stupid as binding it to "fire gun" in Quake)

It has been quite a while since I looked at the base keybinds, personally moved both melee and interact key to the mouse.

But overall the more adjustable keybinds would definitely be nice.

6 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Even a better reason to replace these keybinds for archwing. Is there ever a reason to toggle the squad display off? And given the current state of squad interaction no one seems to use in-game voice chat, so also easily replaceable.

It has been quite a while since I looked at the base keybinds, personally moved both melee and interact key to the mouse.

But overall the more adjustable keybinds would definitely be nice.

What I meant was that those are my keybinds and definitely not the defaults.

6dof would make AW in RJ a lot more enjoyable to use, the current system is quite bad at fighting moving enemies. Skywing had the best flight model for AW in RJ, all it needed was some refinement, too bad they removed it and now it's even worse when it comes to air to ground combat. They should have made experimental flight have the Skywing flight model and kept it, rather than removing all options and ending up with something bland and insufficient (plus it doesn't help that the enemy movement feels scripted).

On 2020-11-12 at 6:37 PM, Nakti said:

Railjack has 6dof and it feels cool.

Exactly, right up until the game auto-rotates you back onto the "correct" plane. If I'm in space, let me fly as though I'm in space! The old Experimental Flight toggle from before RJ came out was how flight should have been afterwards, but as usual DE decided to rerereinvent the wheel (I may have miscounted exactly how many times they've completely reworked AW movement, but the point stands).

Archived