Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave End Date & November Update!

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, Urlan said:

The best I could suggest without changing them entirely would be to give both a consistently "on" functionality and make the conditional effect and dependency being a secondary effect to their main benefit.

Instead of creating a what is most likely gonna be a 5-10m zone, just have it active after a kill.

And buff the numbers.. by a lot...

5 minutes ago, saghzs said:

Instead of creating a what is most likely gonna be a 5-10m zone, just have it active after a kill.

And buff the numbers.. by a lot...

Why? Do you really feel the need of even more Overkill damage? Do you reeeealy find yourself so often needing more damage?

It is obvious the idea of Synergy is there in a way, but also clear it is poorly executed. Imagine this, whatever your theory, the actual testing will show where it falls short.

Also nowhere was it said anything like "Those New Arcanes Will be Revolutionary and make your other Overpowered Arcanes Obsolete" yet somehow people go in and react like it was openly announced like that??????

No zone? buff on kill with bigger numbers? So you basically want On-Kill Rhino Roar that stacks, AND scales like Viral Status but to 1500%? Because that will be the exact result of what you proposed. If the Arcanes seem poorly done and balanced now, with your fix, they Will be more powerful, yet Extremely Unbalanced. Why? Because It will make content built up for years O B S O L E T E. At this point you may just say you don't want to play the game anymore cuz its too damn easy, right.

Nightwave has overstayed its welcome yet again. DE management needs to get their act together by properly planning this mess out. Story content is a joke when compared to the length of Nightwaves in general, You either need to up the story count, interactivity & overall impact each Nightwave has ingame, or you need to set definitive, shortened release & end dates beforehand as to not let stuff like glassed enemies deteriorate the main game.

Seriously, how does any of this qualify as "adequate content"? Nightwave ISN'T an appropriate method to replace conventional quests or even fill out the lore.

1 hour ago, Do_High_Go said:

Why? Do you really feel the need of even more Overkill damage? Do you reeeealy find yourself so often needing more damage?

I don't care if they are not meta.

I care that they are actually useful.

As they are right now, you're better off just running something like Arcane Fury or Arcane Precision, it gives way more damage, without any dumb requirements. And in addition to that, you free up the arcane slot for your kitgun, so you can run something like Pax Seeker or Pax Charge.

On 2020-11-11 at 11:00 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are doing a Public Test Cluster this weekend. Want a sneak peek at the new Arcanes?

Now the question is, how are we on the test cluster going to have access to them over the course of one weekend?

Like, should we be stocking up on ludicrous amounts of rep now, or will they just be inboxed to us, or what?

On 2020-11-11 at 2:00 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Residuals (Infested Kitgun Arcanes)

RESIDUAL BOILS 
20% chance to grow cysts on the corpse for 12s that explode for 80 Heat Damage in 10m and applying Heat Damage type to Theorem Arcanes. 

RESIDUAL MALODOR
20% chance to create a frigid mist for 12s, dealing 40 Cold Damage/s and applying Cold Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

RESIDUAL SHOCK
20% chance to electrify the corpse for 12s, dealing 200 Electricity Damage to enemies within 10m and applying Electricity Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

RESIDUAL VIREMIA
20% chance to create a pool of toxic blood for 12s, dealing 40 Toxin Damage/s and applying Toxin Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

Theorems (Warframe Arcanes):
THEOREM INFECTION 
Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane increases damage of companions and summoned allies within 60m by 4%/s stacking up to 15x. Effect persists for 5s upon leaving the zone. 

THEOREM CONTAGION 
Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane creates a globe that orbits the player every 2s. The globes will strike the nearest enemy within 5m dealing 100 damage and applying a Status Effect. Globes will persist for 8s upon leaving the zone. 

THEOREM DEMULCENT 
Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane increases weapon damage by 4%/s stacking up to 15x. Effect persists for 5s upon leaving the zone. 

Wow, these would be GREAT for a raid...if we had one...

Gonna post this because i keep seeing this mistake being made: 

Elemental damage is multiplicative... sort of. If you have a primary weapon with 100 base damage (ignoring damage types and quantization atm)  and you add serration that nets you:

100 + (100 * 1.65) = 265 overall damage

Elemental damage buffs then calculate their added damage off of this result. You get:

265 + ( 265 * .6) =  424 overall damage

Stacking base damage buffs (for example serration and arcane fury) works like this:

100 + (100 * (1.65 +1.20) = 385 overall damage

Stacking base damage buffs will not net you the same value as stacking elemental damage buffs and base damage buffs together. 

Throw the effect of damage quantization  into the mix and you'll find that base damage modifiers are divided across the IPS of the weapon. This can cause fairly significant fluctuations in your dps depending on the faction you are fighting. Elemental damage is much easier to control in these circumstances.

These mods are gimmicky and probably a little difficult to get max output from. But they aren't strictly worse or better than Arcane Precision or Arcane Rage. You can mod your gear one way and get better results from Base damage modifiers or you could mod another and gain more from elemental modifiers. 

The thing you stand to gain from using this is basically 1 free mod slot on all your weapons in exchange for an arcane slot on your warframe and an arcane slot on a kitgun. You dont have to run Heat or Toxin and can instead run more multishot or more firerate. If you read the dev workshop notes Demulcent seems to indicate that it gives the damage boost to all your weapons. I personally find that more interesting and valuable than running Arcane Energize and and Arcane Barrier (or whatever your preference is).  I can run Life Strike and Exodia Brave on my Zaw, tank my titties off and never run out of energy. 

Please stop pretending your lack of imagination or inability to think laterally means that these arcanes are DOA. 

Yay, Nightwave updates.

Yo DE, when will we get the following:

• Tennogen on PC Standalone
  • Vaulted icon on Relics

Those two things should be extremely simple to add, since PC Standalone users already HAVE all the data for Tennogen, it's just very STUPIDLY hidden from view for god knows what stupid reason. Show it, provide a link to Steam with it. Good and DONE.

Vaulted icon on relics, your menus already HAVE this information in the cumbersome mouseover+tab menus. The data is already exposed. Just MOVE it front and center where it belongs and not hidden in sub menus.

The arcanes are so bad theyre not even worth considering. For two main reasons:

Most of us fight enemies above lvl 5 so 40 damage/s or similar isnt really anything to write home about and secondly, standing still in a zone? Heck, i cant even get my squadmates to stand near the defense objective in defense missions. No one stands still in Warframe, and in most cases you shouldnt. So making something that contradicts one of the core aspects of Warframe -  mobility - isnt such a great idea, folks

15 hours ago, Do_High_Go said:

It is obvious the idea of Synergy is there in a way, but also clear it is poorly executed. Imagine this, whatever your theory, the actual testing will show where it falls short.

Also nowhere was it said anything like "Those New Arcanes Will be Revolutionary and make your other Overpowered Arcanes Obsolete" yet somehow people go in and react like it was openly announced like that??????

No zone? buff on kill with bigger numbers? So you basically want On-Kill Rhino Roar that stacks, AND scales like Viral Status but to 1500%? Because that will be the exact result of what you proposed. If the Arcanes seem poorly done and balanced now, with your fix, they Will be more powerful, yet Extremely Unbalanced. Why? Because It will make content built up for years O B S O L E T E. At this point you may just say you don't want to play the game anymore cuz its too damn easy, right.

There is a big difference between overkill and functional.

There are plenty of examples currently ingame related to low damage on-proc effects added. Look at the maggot set, for one.

Any flat damage on-proc effect is generally regarded by the community to be useless. Mostly because they are actually pretty useless. Using something like the maggot set, or pets for damage support, comes at a cost. And the damage output is simply not worth the cost unless the numbers ate competitive with what you have to give up to change your loadouts. 

The big issue here is that flat damage loses effectiveness very fast. Even in the regular star chart. 

What people continuously clamor for is scaling damage on these things so they can continue to be useful without being overkill. No one is asking for overkill... people are asking that they not be useless.

Having said that we will need to see how these actually function before passing judgment. But the damage numbers are in significantly low, in the forum post.

33 minutes ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

The arcanes are so bad theyre not even worth considering. For two main reasons:

Most of us fight enemies above lvl 5 so 40 damage/s or similar isnt really anything to write home about and secondly, standing still in a zone? Heck, i cant even get my squadmates to stand near the defense objective in defense missions. No one stands still in Warframe, and in most cases you shouldnt. So making something that contradicts one of the core aspects of Warframe -  mobility - isnt such a great idea, folks

I would assume that the theorem effect for standing in the residuals aoe zone has a refreshing timer. I would hope that means you can carry over stacks to different zones and build your stacks whilst retaining mobility. 20% of ten corpses is 2 spawn zones and to most of us those are rookie numbers. 

25 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

There is a big difference between overkill and functional.

There are plenty of examples currently ingame related to low damage on-proc effects added. Look at the maggot set, for one.

Any flat damage on-proc effect is generally regarded by the community to be useless. Mostly because they are actually pretty useless. Using something like the maggot set, or pets for damage support, comes at a cost. And the damage output is simply not worth the cost unless the numbers ate competitive with what you have to give up to change your loadouts. 

The big issue here is that flat damage loses effectiveness very fast. Even in the regular star chart. 

What people continuously clamor for is scaling damage on these things so they can continue to be useful without being overkill. No one is asking for overkill... people are asking that they not be useless.

Having said that we will need to see how these actually function before passing judgment. But the damage numbers are in significantly low, in the forum post.

I think the reason that the residual arcanes damage is as low as it is, is to mitigates afk play. If corpse were killing more corpses easily and frequently then it wouldn't be hard to afk with the right set up and a little thought. 

until something is added that actually requires necramechs.....it's just a ton of wasted time and resources on both DE and the players part (to the tune of an entire DLC). sure, they can be used in "open" zones, but in order to make them you must have already done the req. in the "open" zones.

wtf... Glassmaker till 2021???   You need to raise the cap on ranks ALOT more.   i hit 120 (90 prestige) witin days of that being the new cap.   2 more months of NO nightwave rewards???   You also need to drop another Umbra forma!!     

How are you guys doing the math on Nightwave prestige caps???   If you know when its ending it should be pretty simple to calculate how much standing can be earned during that time....  what the cap should be....  

You guys made Nightwave the main source for catalysts, reactors, umbra, nitain extract.......   You cant go 1-2 months of not letting people earn credits...

You guys need to seriously rethink how you handle the prestige system....  how much creds they are worth,  rethinking even having a cap on them... 

Every time I do either of the two endless Deimos bounties I get gold during the bounty and as I proceed it becomes silver never getting the bonus completed. I have tried this many times strip mining both excavators will survive yet no bonus is ever rewarded. ALSO Nekro shadows causes you to fail the Hold Area Bounty at 100%, if you cast your shadows you fail. GET GAME TESTERS!!!!

Archived