Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave End Date & November Update!

[DE]Rebecca

19 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Theorems (Warframe Arcanes):

So, we need arcanes to trigger arcanes, that's lame.

19 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

When is Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker ending?

That on the  the tittle was totally a clickbait.

Instead of giving us more and more ranks, why you just don't make endless from the beginning? Another point, Nightwave offers are just.. meh, there are good stuff for new players, but why you can't give us some stuff like Umbra - Aura Forma for, who knows,  200 creds or something like that? That would make Nightwave, at least, some "enjoable" to do

6 minutes ago, -Francesco.pe said:

So, we need arcanes to trigger arcanes, that's lame.

That on the  the tittle was totally a clickbait.

Instead of giving us more and more ranks, why you just don't make endless from the beginning? Another point, Nightwave offers are just.. meh, there are good stuff for new players, but why you can't give us some stuff like Umbra - Aura Forma for, who knows,  200 creds or something like that? That would make Nightwave, at least, some "enjoable" to do

A good middle ground I think would be to offer two gifts of the Lotus alerts or some other special deal with a decent timer to get Umbral Forma that would have otherwise been obtained during the extension; that way while its understandable those that didn't adopt the nightwave and complete early, it allows the players that have completed nightwave to get the chase progression reward.

I really don't see anyone using the Warframe Arcanes (outside of testing), the Kitgun Arcanes, maybe, depending on if the damage scales off mods and if they proc status effects, but I can't imagine anyone replacing existing Warframe Arcanes to use these.

As for Nightwave, fine that it's continuing (not happy about it but whatever), but I do hope one of the lessons DE took from this one and one of the features they'll add in future Nightwaves is the ability to turn them off. At the very least, let us turn off the random enemies appearing in missions. Glassed enemies are nothing but annoyances at this point.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Truly disappointing that nightwave is on the "not worth the effort anymore" pile , was really hopeful when it started and opened creative avenues.

Nightwave was never worth the effort. They took a simple system that required no effort (random alerts) and replaced it with seasonal, themed challenges, which continue to require time for more lore, character design, one off environments, themed cosmetics and weapons, voice acting, and one off boss fights. It was a bad idea from the start. That time could have been committed to improving the game and fixing bugs, but now it's lost on ephemeral seasonal content.

What replay value do you get from Wolf of Saturn Six right now? Do you buy Wolf tokens to spawn him to fight for the fun of it? No. You'd only buy them if you were desperate to farm the weapon. Do you go hang out in the tiny captura scene of the Wolf breakout? Do you wear your wolf operator mask, that I'm sure a lot of people never knew existed, and more missed out on because it wasn't a vacuum-able drop? I wear mine because it hides my operator's ugly face. All the time and effort making WoSS is wasted now, and they set themselves up to re-waste that time again and again for every new season. I won't be surprised if they finally wise up and mothball the whole system.

22 hours ago, Rage_Inducer said:

How is it a synergy if the kitgun arcane is required for the warframe arcane to do anything?

I have to agree. Would like to see the WF arcane to have a general passive effect on it's own. Maybe a different element so we get compound elements when they combined?

14 minutes ago, (PSN)chabala said:

Nightwave was never worth the effort. They took a simple system that required no effort (random alerts) and replaced it with seasonal, themed challenges, which continue to require time for more lore, character design, one off environments, themed cosmetics and weapons, voice acting, and one off boss fights. It was a bad idea from the start. That time could have been committed to improving the game and fixing bugs, but now it's lost on ephemeral seasonal content.

What replay value do you get from Wolf of Saturn Six right now? Do you buy Wolf tokens to spawn him to fight for the fun of it? No. You'd only buy them if you were desperate to farm the weapon. Do you go hang out in the tiny captura scene of the Wolf breakout? Do you wear your wolf operator mask, that I'm sure a lot of people never knew existed, and more missed out on because it wasn't a vacuum-able drop? I wear mine because it hides my operator's ugly face. All the time and effort making WoSS is wasted now, and they set themselves up to re-waste that time again and again for every new season. I won't be surprised if they finally wise up and mothball the whole system.

DE suffers from "Cool concept but poor implementation" for most of their ideas.

I like the concept of nightwave,

i enjoyed the ability to not have dependence on alerts that were random,

I was looking forward to lore expansions outside the main story,

What i dont like , is that the current one lasted most of the year , and that DE has the gall to give a poor excuse for their equally poor ability to manage their resources.

I am just tired of seeing things i find fun get ignored cause DE couldn't be bothered to improve it.

I do not feel the seasons themselves were a waste any more than the deimos update or any new content drop was a waste , i played the first few weeks and once i had most of the stuff i rarely visit,  that is inevitable for a live service game.

The important point is to keep things fresh , and as of now nightwave is bread that had mold months ago.

Residuals (Infested Kitgun Arcanes)

RESIDUAL BOILS 
20% chance to grow cysts on the corpse for 12s that explode for 80 Heat Damage in 10m and applying Heat Damage type to Theorem Arcanes. 

RESIDUAL MALODOR
20% chance to create a frigid mist for 12s, dealing 40 Cold Damage/s and applying Cold Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

RESIDUAL SHOCK
20% chance to electrify the corpse for 12s, dealing 200 Electricity Damage to enemies within 10m and applying Electricity Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

RESIDUAL VIREMIA
20% chance to create a pool of toxic blood for 12s, dealing 40 Toxin Damage/s and applying Toxin Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

THEOREM INFECTION 
Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane increases damage of companions and summoned allies within 60m by 4%/s stacking up to 15x. Effect persists for 5s upon leaving the zone. 

THEOREM CONTAGION 
Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane creates a globe that orbits the player every 2s. The globes will strike the nearest enemy within 5m dealing 100 damage and applying a Status Effect. Globes will persist for 8s upon leaving the zone. 

THEOREM DEMULCENT 
Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane increases weapon damage by 4%/s stacking up to 15x. Effect persists for 5s upon leaving the zone. 

Sooo, you are thinking we are going to replace arcanes like Arcane Energize, Guardian, Pax Seeker, etc... with these meme arcanes? Yeah.....

Ok, so honestly I feel I understand the sentiment behind these, however the primary issue is that they create SMALL zones in which you have to stand still to get what seem to be very mediocre buffs from. What is similar to this effect that is already in game? Ah yes, Hallowed Reckoning. Does anyone use that augment? Not really. What would make Hallowed Reckoning worth using? Scaling damage for one. The damage it deals only tickles high level enemies. Also, the armor buff is very low. You will get waaay more armor by using Umbral Fiber instead of this mod. And building around Hallowed ground (adding more duration or range) will do much more for you overall.

What would have been a much better augment? Changing its wording to something like:"Increase damage of Reckoning by 10% (scales with power strength). Enemies killed by reckoning increase the duration of Hallowed Ground by 2 seconds each and extend its range by 2 meters." Now that would be an augment worth consideration because it could take the place of either a range or duration mod depending on your overall build. Reckoning now becomes an important part of your kit and synergizes even more with Oberon's 2.

Now, back to the new arcanes. Arcanes like these, or (augments for that matter!) need to be made to enhance what frames or weapons are already doing well to patch weaknesses and short comings with those setups AND they need to be worth swapping in in place of the standard or meta items (which either means they are viable alternatives, or straight upgrades for specific setups)

Lets take the frost arcane. What I would personally love is for this setup to fix one of Frost's main weaknessess. Cold procs don't do that much. Slowing enemies just slows the game down. For frost to be good at high level content, he either needs a rework, cold procs need to be better, or we need arcanes and mods that achieve the same thing. The best status effects make enemies easier to kill. What Cold procs need to do is freeze enemies with enough stacks (each stack still decreases enemies speed but also removes shields and armor). When enemies are frozen, all amor and shields need to be GONE.

Here's my rework:

RESIDUAL MALODOR
Adds 20% cold damage and 20% status chance to weapon. Headshots have a 20% chance to freeze enemies solid and create a frigid mist that lasts for 12 seconds. The mist damages nearby enemies and applies cold status effects.

THEOREM MALODOR (I'm going to completely redo the theorem mods becuase they appear to have no real world application)
Enemies frozen by warframe abilities and weapons have all armor and shields reduced by 100% (at max rank). Killing a frozen enemy restores 100 shields and grants 100 armor for 10 secs.

These probably require further testing and balancing but I hope you get the idea.

Now, I want to submit another idea regarding augments. I absolutely love the IDEA of augments. Little perks that increase the functionality, change how abilities work, or just make piloting a frame more fun. A good example of this is Soul Survivor, The augment for Nekros 1 (allows NekrosIcon272.png Nekros to use SoulPunch130xDark.png Soul Punch on allies in bleedout to revive them with partial health, at the cost of consuming all of Nekros's energy. ). Thematically, it's awesome. In practice, I would absolutely never slot it in, not even if there was an augment mod slot. Why? consuming all of Nekro's energy is probably not a good thing and not worth a revive. Half energy maybe, but why are people getting downed in the first place? There are a few cases where this could be helpful (arbitration for example or more high level content) but nekros isn't really made for those situations in the first place.

I think augments like this (and there are a lot of them, probably the vast majority) Need to be able to be INFUSED into the warframe's ability. It doesn't take up a mod slot. The main issue with these types of augments are that they are mods to begin with. Furthermore, they can't be toggled on or off mid mission.

So here's how it would work: Infusing an augment requires specific resources, a bit of sacrifice and smart building. In other words, it gives us something to do! It also rewards you for sticking with a particular frame for the long haul and provides a sink for excess resources.

In general, I think infusing augments should be "operator oriented" which means that it requires you to have an operator, earn focus, and use your operator in tandem with your frame. It's content, play time, and skill gated. Meant for higher level gameplay.

HOW THIS WORKS:

• Infusing augments is done with the Helminth of course. It's the perfect enabler for something like this. Might require a certain rank for the Helminth.
  • A given ability can only have one augment infused into it at any given time. Infusing a new augment replaces the previous.
  • Warframes must be at max rank and have an orokin reactor installed in order to be infused.
  • Infusing an augment consumes the mod and henceforth that mod cannot be equipped on the frame for as long as as it is infused.
  • Some augments will need to be reworked for this new system for balance. OR not all augments are infusable.
  • Casting an ability this way also pulls from your operator's energy pool (now shown on your HUD next to warframe energy). This inherently balances augmented abilties and limits their use.
  • There is a special modifier key that needs to be pressed in tandum with your ability key to provide the option to cast an ability for it's augmented mode or not. Or this can be toggled on and off.
  • Infusing an augment requires resources thematically specific to that frame and specific to where that frame is obtained. For example: Infusing on Frost would cosume Cryotic, Frostleaf, Zodian, etc... Infusing on Garuda would take Kuva, Diluted Thermia, Toroids, etc... Protea would be Corpus resources. I think it's important that many these resources are NOT ones already used by the Helmith.
  • All warframes now belong to a specific focus school and infusing an augment also consumes Focus from a specific school related to that warframe. (Somewhere in the neighborhood of 100k focus). Additinally, infusing might require a certain number of nodes in the focus tree to be unlocked.

BENEFITS OF THIS NEW SYSTEM

• Provides resource sink for "dead" resources
  • Provides sink for excess Focus
  • Increases synergy between operator and frame
  • Uses existing systems and doesn't require a major overhaul of the game other than balancing specific augments.
  • Augments get to remain mods until they are infused (ways of obtaining them remain the same) They can still be equipped as normal if you lack the resources or want to simply use them as they were oringally intended to be used (as mods)
  • Provides further customization of frames and rewards long term investment
  • Most importantly, all augments actually get to be used by their frames instead of collecting dust or never being purchased in the first place!

On 2020-11-11 at 11:00 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a big one - our last ‘October’ post detailed out the release of the finale, and now that it’s here, it’s time to talk wrapping things up.

First, since we are launching on Next-Gen, we don’t want players joining the Tenno fold and having a Glassmaker experience that’s only one month long or less.

For this reason, we are running Glassmaker until the end of 2020, and in January 2021 we will be swapping into Intermission #3 (which will bring back old items, and offer Duplicate protection for those who already have items)! At that time in January, we’ll have a post up about our plans for Nightwave based on 3 Series of experience (one of which endured a pandemic)! 

So Pc is going to have to wait even longer because of a console update.... and they keep asking for crossplay.. I hope it never happens.. sorry

Also the long Intermission prior to glassmaker was before the pandemic!

Intermission II began on October 21st, 2019 and ended on May 3rd, 2020.  195 days

Intermission began on June 12th, 2019 and lasted until July 5th, 2019.   23 days

The World Health Organization (WHO) on March 11, 2020, has declared the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a global pandemic. Mar 19, 2020

Mar 19, 2020 to May 3rd 202053 days   Intermission II was already 142 days long before the pandemic. Over 6 times longer then Intermission I

Now i realize that you all do a lot of work on the NW and i think it has some great features

But....

Bring back alerts ... so we can at least feel like we have something to do , yea i have all that stuff, but it sure felt more interactive and engaging

Seeing people saying nightwave bad bring back alerts, then other say alerts bad keep nightwave, I always had this idea of why not have both, for this to work DE would need to have no limit (or a very high one) of nightwave ranks after the initial 30, nightwave can keep its daily and weekly challenges but add alerts(maybe seasonal themed) that give night wave standing apon completion, 1000 for simple exterminate and captures to 3000ish on survival and defense.

On 2020-11-11 at 2:13 PM, saghzs said:

These arcanes have to be some kind of joke..

40 damage/s?
100 damage?

If you're afraid to give us higher numbers, at least make it % health or something completly different.

I don't think the these arcanes are for nuking. I think they're supposed to be used in conjunction with the new warframe arcanes. I can see a few niche organized-squad builds that can make Nekros's Shadows actually useful. That being said, I don't think any of these in their current state will lead to new meta builds. But DE does prefer to add stuff in an underpowered state, so I could see the arcanes getting buffs to make them more competitive (I doubt they will be meta-busting though). 

On another note, I think it would be interesting to give the AOE effects of the weapon arcanes a 100% status chance. It could lead to some fun CC weapon builds, and would synergize really well with Condition Overload.

1 hour ago, Shotgunpilot said:

Seeing people saying nightwave bad bring back alerts, then other say alerts bad keep nightwave, I always had this idea of why not have both, for this to work DE would need to have no limit (or a very high one) of nightwave ranks after the initial 30, nightwave can keep its daily and weekly challenges but add alerts(maybe seasonal themed) that give night wave standing apon completion, 1000 for simple exterminate and captures to 3000ish on survival and defense.

This would go a long way toward a better alert system, which is what DE should have done in the first place. Instead of replacing alerts with Nightwave, they should have iterated on making alerts better to resolve player concerns with timing and not being around to play when the alert is active.

It's really simple. (1) have random alerts award variable alert credits, (2) have a shop that uses alert credits for the stuff alerts yield, cosmetic helmets, potatoes, nitain, vauban parts, other junk as desired.

There was never any need for Nightwave, and it didn't do a good job of replacing alerts. If you'd just made alerts better, you could have slapped on Nightwave IN ADDITION, and no one would have cared. There wouldn't even need to be intermissions, because we'd still have the alert system.

2 hours ago, Fungus_Billeh said:

I don't think the these arcanes are for nuking. I think they're supposed to be used in conjunction with the new warframe arcanes. I can see a few niche organized-squad builds that can make Nekros's Shadows actually useful. That being said, I don't think any of these in their current state will lead to new meta builds. But DE does prefer to add stuff in an underpowered state, so I could see the arcanes getting buffs to make them more competitive (I doubt they will be meta-busting though). 

Yes, they are intended to synergize.

But it is forced synergy, one without the other is basically useless.

And in addition to that, you could just use something like Arcane Avenger, Fury, Acceleration, Precision, Velocity or Rage. Those arcanes all give you more damage than the new ones, and you don't have to run a specific weapon with a specific arcane on it.

On 2020-11-11 at 2:00 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hello all!

Welcome to an unseasonably warm November in London Ontario. Here’s an update on what we’re up to behind the scenes as an important way to help you plan your Warframe goals.

This is a big one - our last ‘October’ post detailed out the release of the finale, and now that it’s here, it’s time to talk wrapping things up.

First, since we are launching on Next-Gen, we don’t want players joining the Tenno fold and having a Glassmaker experience that’s only one month long or less.

For this reason, we are running Glassmaker until the end of 2020, and in January 2021 we will be swapping into Intermission #3 (which will bring back old items, and offer Duplicate protection for those who already have items)! At that time in January, we’ll have a post up about our plans for Nightwave based on 3 Series of experience (one of which endured a pandemic)! 

Deimos Arcana + Public Test Weekend Content: New Arcanes, New Bounties, and more. 
Deimos Arcana is well into development. Our next planned deployment is Update 29.5: Deimos Arcana! We will only be Hotfixing in an emergency. 

A summary of Deimos Arcana can be seen here:

Update Details.png

We are doing a Public Test Cluster this weekend. Want a sneak peek at the new Arcanes? Read on: 

We are releasing new Deimos Arcanes called Residuals and Theorems. These are meant to be synergized Arcanes for Infested Kitguns and Warframes to play off each other. Take a look: 

Residuals (Infested Kitgun Arcanes)

RESIDUAL BOILS 
20% chance to grow cysts on the corpse for 12s that explode for 80 Heat Damage in 10m and applying Heat Damage type to Theorem Arcanes. 

RESIDUAL MALODOR
20% chance to create a frigid mist for 12s, dealing 40 Cold Damage/s and applying Cold Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

RESIDUAL SHOCK
20% chance to electrify the corpse for 12s, dealing 200 Electricity Damage to enemies within 10m and applying Electricity Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

RESIDUAL VIREMIA
20% chance to create a pool of toxic blood for 12s, dealing 40 Toxin Damage/s and applying Toxin Damage to Theorem Arcanes.

THEOREM INFECTION 
Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane increases damage of companions and summoned allies within 60m by 4%/s stacking up to 15x. Effect persists for 5s upon leaving the zone. 

THEOREM CONTAGION 
Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane creates a globe that orbits the player every 2s. The globes will strike the nearest enemy within 5m dealing 100 damage and applying a Status Effect. Globes will persist for 8s upon leaving the zone. 

THEOREM DEMULCENT 
Standing in a zone created by a Residual Arcane increases weapon damage by 4%/s stacking up to 15x. Effect persists for 5s upon leaving the zone. 

Movember
Our support of Men’s Health continues this year, and the Moustache tradition is back! Check out our contest here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1234498-moframe-of-mind-2020-contest-is-live/

Next Devstream: Lavos Edition
For those wanting to learn more about our very own Alchemist with a serpentine twist, our next Devstream will be all about Lavos. Stay tuned for a date! 

TennoGen Round 19, Part 1 on Consoles:
TennoGen Round 19, Part 1 is coming with Deimos Arcana on Consoles! Some of our most popular TennoGen items ever await keen fashion experts on Console.

Say hi to new Creators!
We continue to grow the Creator Program with some new faces being added this week! Check out some amazing Creators at warframe.com/creators 

Discord?
Are you on Discord, Tenno? We are ramping up our plans for a more active Discord community, so get in now and join our giveaways, event chats, and more: http://discord.gg/playwarframe

Tata for now! 

I think it would be prudent to demonstrate how these new arcanes work in a home stream or something. I know how the math for these works out and I'm pretty stoked for them. I've been seeing a lot of comentors on Youtube who don't see it. A few of them don't even seem to understand that stacking base damage arcanes is mathematically  worse than what these arcanes could provide.

1 hour ago, saghzs said:

Yes, they are intended to synergize.

But it is forced synergy, one without the other is basically useless.

And in addition to that, you could just use something like Arcane Avenger, Fury, Acceleration, Precision, Velocity or Rage. Those arcanes all give you more damage than the new ones, and you don't have to run a specific weapon with a specific arcane on it.

Dependency is the word for it, since the Theorem Arcanes do nothing unless they are standing in the small field generated by the Residuals. Think of it like a switch to an electrical circuit and the switch doesn't work all the time, but the appliance you are wanting to do something can't do so without power from the switch both being thrown and working (this case 20% of the switch pulls will make power run for 12 seconds) Since these specify corpses, it would suggest the Residual also is an "On Kill" trigger which makes it even less functional. The best I could suggest without changing them entirely would be to give both a consistently "on" functionality and make the conditional effect and dependency being a secondary effect to their main benefit.

I see many people reading the Arcanes, specifically the Kitgun ones and complaining about the damage... i think yall fellas are missing a very important thing about them.

Of course I might be wrong here, but reading "applying Xxxx Damage" looks like guaranteed status proc..... IN 10 METER RADIUS. Now that is not alot compared to an ability, but if you just sit back and think.

In a mission we slaughter plenty of enemies, some clumped together, if 1/5th of all our victims create a circle zone with RADIUS 10m of guaranteed status effect, that will be plentiful to give you substantial boost. Why? Notice it is Radius, that translates in a 20 meter line from whatever direction, might not SOUND significant, but to put things in perspective, Corinth Prime has 9.8 blast Radius, that is around the same but a bit more.

Now Condition Overload comes in the picture too, dang it replaces the picture and gives you extra 120% base weapon damage more, for hitting someone that passed trough a circle that even for YOU will be obnoxious to go around.

Those zones, lingering for 12 seconds, result of you just killing stuff with Kitgun, inflicting passing enemies with yet another status effect, might even overshadow some warframe abilities in relative utility and support. All it will cost is that Arcane slot on your gun.

Where im getting at, is that yes, damage is not something to write home about, but so is the damage of a bullet jump. What does a bullet jump with elemental mod do? Inflict Status Effect 100% of the time... in a pathetic radius with no residual lingering area. The Damage you complain about is SYMBOLIC. It is there so you don't cry it deals literal nothing even to lvl 30 enemies, just like Coolant Leak. It is there to help that new player that got some plat and wants to make the new thing they got do even more stuff. It is that simple. It is not bad cuz it deals little damage, be glad it deals any damage at all.

TL;DR: The damage is symbolic, if it actually procs guaranteed status in such area over 12 seconds, it will be used to spread the status not deal damage!

Archived