Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox Series S|X load times create problems when playing with Xbox One players

(XBOX)Curse of Doom

When playing in a squad, players with an Xbox Series S|X can load out of the mission completely and choose the next mission before Xbox One players have even made it back to the orbiter.  These Xbox One players will not have the mission vote shown to them, leaving everyone just waiting around.

Another case of cross-play being an issue is the Xbox One player being the host (the one who invited the other player) and launching into an open world.  The Xbox Series S|X player will load in before the server is even ready on the Xbox One, fail to join it, and end up back in their orbiter alone.

I'm sure that there are other cases/symptoms that arise here, but it seems strange that this kind of thing isn't a problem on the PC and thus already solved.

this has been a long standing issue even with the Xbox One X (not the latest SERIES X, but the original X).  I always had to co-ordinate with my friends to ensure they were back in the orbiter before I started a new mission or they'd be stuck in a black screen, and even if they got out of the black screen, they'd be stuck at spawn in the next mission unable to move.

Archived