Jump to content

Summoner frame ideas


Recommended Posts

As summoner being my favorite class i was quite disappointed that there are no good summoner frames. nyx is decent but not really summoning, atlas's rumblers don't do enough damage, Nekroses summons are good but are dumb as rocks and to make a successful summoning build you need to make all his other abilities bad or use helmlith, and revenant is just like nyx but more frustrating.  we need a summoner frame that actually has the aspects of a summoner, multiple summons, a way to command them, and damage scaling. 

So please show your concepts! i'd love to see them and I hope if we get enough, we might get a summoner frame!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Passive: X can summon 2 of each specter, rather than 1.

There, there is you whole ability kit. Maybe add some buffs for said specter and an ability that can direct them, but honestly just imagine...a 4 man squad with this frame, each throwing out every specter in the game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Passive: X can summon 2 of each specter, rather than 1.

There, there is you whole ability kit. Maybe add some buffs for said specter and an ability that can direct them, but honestly just imagine...a 4 man squad with this frame, each throwing out every specter in the game.

i like the idea of a specter frame but i feel it might be too gimiky and it just doesn't sit right with me to put usable items in with the frame but what if instead they had exalted slots to equip different specters except warframe specters and the equiped specters were permanent but with each extra specter added their stats increase by 1% with a cap of like 50 or 100? the summonig system for them could work like vaubans 2nd, hmm like what about Synthesis, the cloning frame?

just an idea tho.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did state just the passive, we are still free to discuss the rest.
Sorry that I am not as familiar with summoners though.

Exalted specters sounds like a decent start.

Something like a rally banner with [insert buff here] within a radius, and can be picked up like Volt's shield...or is that not summonery enough?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I did state just the passive, we are still free to discuss the rest.
Sorry that I am not as familiar with summoners though.

Exalted specters sounds like a decent start.

Something like a rally banner with [insert buff here] within a radius, and can be picked up like Volt's shield...or is that not summonery enough?

well the idea is to try to relate a theme to the frame so you have an idea of what ablitities you would want the frame to have i envision a future scientist vibe  so maybe stuff like that, i think for their 1 it could be like vaubans 2 and cycle between 4 specters to spawn, instead of being specters they would be clones and they would degrade over time via a duration based timer ,for their 2 it could be rallly bannersas you said but also different, using a rally banner will assign one clone to that banner and when a clone is assigned to a banner its timer will stop and will be there as long as the banner is there. Augment: rally banners produce small nullifier bubbles around them and if banner bubbles are touching or fazed into each other the bubble will increase size and health having all 4 banners together would make it 4times its original size and health allong with clones grouping together if the banners are connected, but at the cost of -35% banner hp, thats all i got so far but im thinking of more

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The best ones I know are Arachne and Charkizza

Arachne is based on summoning an army of spyderlings and becoming a dryder , charkizza is based on summon beasts the double as armor pieces. Look at the post to seet the kits and images of the summons 

arachne_2_1_by_masternomad1234_ddn3ozm-p

nO9m7V8.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Maybe instead of making a whole new frame to make good minions they just rework the current minion frames to make said minions good.

Nekros is a good start.

sadly ive tried that nekros is never getting reworked  because nobody wants to change their farming frame.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

They can rework all the abilities that aren’t his 3.

dude im not arguing this, i agree with you but its not happening those brickheads dont care and if other people dont agree with it it will sputter out like a match 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Summoners have their little problems.

 

Necro:

The shadows are based in terms of damage, level and HP on the values of the enemies killed. Stronger opponents = stronger servants.

 

ATLAS:

These two earth elementals are not as strong as Necro's shadow, which is why they appear so weak.

 

Titania:

Your blade butterflies have a high% in dodging and avoiding damage, the damage is rather negligible that you really have to say "You should just annoy enemies".

 

Wukong:

It conjures up a copy of itself that has more HP and otherwise has the same values as its own Warframe, so you can make it very strong with the right mods and weapons.

 

Khora:

I have too little experience ...

 

Do you understand what I mean?

You need a FACTOR so that your summoned units can keep up with strong opponents even at high levels.

Your Summoned These / units need a survival strategy / benefit.

 

 

For example:

 

Plagues:

Summon 5 rats with high% attacks to dodge, they attack enemies within 30 meters from you. Automatically, their bites cause virus / corrosion status.

 

Crow:

Can be modded like a guardian, can also be switched after summoning to give him a task on how to fight enemies.

- Bezels.

- Disarm.

- Anxiety.

- Makiren for critical hit zones.

 

Carnivorous Parasite:

Infects and takes over an enemy. The enemy is partially transformed into a monster and fights for you.

DE but would have to create an infected type for each character model that has nothing to do with the infected, so something like from Resident Evil Revelations 1.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-11-14 at 12:43 AM, KaffeRausch said:

Summoners have their little problems.

 

Necro:

The shadows are based in terms of damage, level and HP on the values of the enemies killed. Stronger opponents = stronger servants.

 

ATLAS:

These two earth elementals are not as strong as Necro's shadow, which is why they appear so weak.

 

Titania:

Your blade butterflies have a high% in dodging and avoiding damage, the damage is rather negligible that you really have to say "You should just annoy enemies".

 

Wukong:

It conjures up a copy of itself that has more HP and otherwise has the same values as its own Warframe, so you can make it very strong with the right mods and weapons.

 

Khora:

I have too little experience ...

 

Do you understand what I mean?

You need a FACTOR so that your summoned units can keep up with strong opponents even at high levels.

Your Summoned These / units need a survival strategy / benefit.

 

 

For example:

 

Plagues:

Summon 5 rats with high% attacks to dodge, they attack enemies within 30 meters from you. Automatically, their bites cause virus / corrosion status.

 

Crow:

Can be modded like a guardian, can also be switched after summoning to give him a task on how to fight enemies.

- Bezels.

- Disarm.

- Anxiety.

- Makiren for critical hit zones.

 

Carnivorous Parasite:

Infects and takes over an enemy. The enemy is partially transformed into a monster and fights for you.

DE but would have to create an infected type for each character model that has nothing to do with the infected, so something like from Resident Evil Revelations 1.

 

exactly, thats what makes summons good is because of the multiple ways they cam be applied, but as you said a lot of summons of the actual summoner frames  tend to have huge faults, this is the point im getting at, de considers none of these as summoner frames, even nekros. atlas is a tank, nekros is a farmer, titania is an exalted, wukong is an exalted( and personaly his summon is good but its really just a specter, and well khora is just a defensive frame that is good but doesnt really know what she is. ive taken a liking to nidus because i find that he is more of a summoner than all of the other frames despite not being a summoner. his abilities or is a summoner case (summons) stack their stats via a meter, his other abilities use points from the meter, he has tons of synergy, which summoners should have tons of synergy, and has a sustainable energy pool via hunter adrenaline.  i feel that there really arent any summoner frames in the game currently but only warframes that can summon stuff, you can see in my concept and also charkiza and the spider summoner, heavy ability reliance, and heavy synergy, absolutely perfect summoners.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Summoner Idea:

Even if Xaku is optically based on it, how about a kind of "world tree" or "world roots" Warframe?

I mean on the moon, in the void and many other corners we see these blue glowing plants. Isn't it a world tree in Warframe, but a universe tree?

Accordingly, one could represent a Warframe that conjures up the vegetation from the Void?

So pesky green ... um ... blue stuff from the void could take many forms.

The idea came to me after the trailer for "Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Twisted & The Twilight!".

Accordingly, one could take spells / abilities from the Warhammer Lore as a guide.

Amber Magic, Jade Magic, Druidic Priest Spells.

Something along the lines of "Tree sap", "Amber", "Undergrowth" and "Growth", so that it is associated with a tree that has grown in another dimension over the whole universe.

This * wood * is supposed to be used as a material for various skills.

 

Brush:

Lies on the ground like a trap and can completely overgrow opponents and hold onto them.

 

Branches:

Beats opponents to the ground who are in the cone-shaped area in front of you.

 

Dryade / Woodschrate:

Summons slow but very persistent helpers, if you move too far away from them they grow into the ground and reappear next to you.

 

Poison herb:

Summons stationary plants that cause gas damage with an aura and spit on more distant enemies with poison.

 

So in that direction.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Passive: your summon is immortal, but will take 50% of the damage dealt to your health. The only way it dies is if you die.

1, Sparrow. A straight line skill shot that flies forward and back to you. Any enemy it hits on its way forward will take a forced impact proc, any enemy hit on the way back will take a forced slash proc. If an enemy is hit by both, the second hit will deal true damage. This ability will deal 19%-37% of an enemies CURRENT health, intended to be used as a fight opener.

2, Eagle. Once summoned, eagle will fly around and away from you in a gradual spiral. Dropping elemental bombs every few seconds that deal a random splash of element damage. Duration affects how quickly eagle flies. More duration means less speed, means bombs drop closer to each other. Range affects how far away from you eagle will fly. % status chance of bombs is affected by ability strength.

3, Griffin. Griffin is a summonable pet similar to Venari, a kubrow or a kavat. Except it has an exact copy of your stats, equivalent health, armour and shields. Pressing X near griffin will cause you to mount it. While mounted Griffin operates like a K drive, but can fly freely in any direction.

While mounted on Griffin you can use your guns and quick melee, and Griffin will melee any enemy it crashes into. When disembarked, Griffin will fly around freely dive bombing and swooping any enemies it desires. Range affects how far Griffin will roam away from you.
 

4. Wyvern. An ethereal dragon that stands over and behind you. Wyvern will breath fire at any enemy in front of you. While Wyvern is activated, all of your other summons will become ablaze. Dealing additional fire damage in conjunction with the rest of their attacks.

Edited by _R_o_g_u_e_
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@_R_o_g_u_e_ Your ideas could work this way. But we need an element as a basis that can be recognized as * technology * and not evocations from a fantasy game.

Therefore my suggestion of "World Tree from Another Dimension", although that sounds like * magic * again.

 

Materials and resources:

What a new summoner makes difficult is when he needs living or dead enemies as material.

Necros can convert dead enemies into items, other warframes have such brutal AoE effects that our warframe gets no food.

 

Example: Let's say the Warframe is like Melissa Pearce from Parasite Eve, you need bio-material to manipulate.

If you want to transform opponents (into spiders, living dolls, bone golems whatever), it gets really annoying when the opponents tip over when you have to be in close combat range.

If you want to plant something in the dead of enemies, it will be annoying if they dissolve too quickly.

 

So we need a new resource that only Our Summoner Warframe can see, e.g. Souls.

Souls Sounds like * Magic * again and like a * Warlock *, but I can't really think of anything else.

Letting a summoner summon anything without materials could make them too powerful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KaffeRausch said:

So we need a new resource that only Our Summoner Warframe can see, e.g. Souls.

Souls Sounds like * Magic * again and like a * Warlock *, but I can't really think of anything else.

Letting a summoner summon anything without materials could make them too powerful.

Soul  sumoner or any kind of warlock has been done to death so if you are going this route at least spin the theme with something like a soul painter or sciencify the theme with some kind of soul scientists ( idk how to do this one but sounds plasusible ) 

A soul painter you already know

About needing a material , you dont need  a new material at all you just need to chamge the theme. Make a nanomachine based warframe and you the current drops of the game as raw material for the summons. I already did a similar concept but it only had 1 summon skill in wich she summoned a terminator with a set target. 

Here it is 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

i see a lot of stuff related to nekros and id like to clarify something Nekros is not a good model of how a summoner frame should work, if you are looking for good examples of the summoner frame format, look to gauss, nidus, and octavia. they are all good examples due to how they work. summoner frames abilities should be looked at not as one abilty summons as a side thing, or every ability is a summon, a summoner frame should be made with high synergy and high ability reliance. also summoners do not need to use a fuel source like kills and souls like a necromancer should, magical properties somewhat make sense in cases for warframes as long as you can dump them into the catagory of "nobody understands it it just works because void" what do i mean by this? atlases rumblers are able to move and do things because atlas has void powers, nekros can reanimate the dead because void powers. so as long as a warframe follows a few small basic rules, it can be canon, those rules generally go,  stick to a main theme, and be centered. rouge your idea does have appeal but i find the kit ends up having no theme other than avan creature summoning, and i find that they all do the same thing with slight deviations and a little bit of synergy, kaffe, yours again is interesting but also cant be canon since your theme revolves around a property that doesnt exist in the realm of warframe as being usable, it would be much better to center the theme around helmlith infested since it is a reliable source of theme, but i do think that it shares a lot of hydroids abilities but just look different. i feel that both of you have one critical flaw, these both arent summoner frames, they are frames with summons, the avian creatures are only formatted as attack abilities and do the same thing making the frame weak,  there isnt any adaptive synergy in the summons and a mount summon wouldnt work, for the dryads, they dont really do anything, they just attack, they dont affect the other abilities at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-11-25 at 2:53 AM, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Passive: your summon is immortal, but will take 50% of the damage dealt to your health. The only way it dies is if you die.

1, Sparrow. A straight line skill shot that flies forward and back to you. Any enemy it hits on its way forward will take a forced impact proc, any enemy hit on the way back will take a forced slash proc. If an enemy is hit by both, the second hit will deal true damage. This ability will deal 19%-37% of an enemies CURRENT health, intended to be used as a fight opener.

2, Eagle. Once summoned, eagle will fly around and away from you in a gradual spiral. Dropping elemental bombs every few seconds that deal a random splash of element damage. Duration affects how quickly eagle flies. More duration means less speed, means bombs drop closer to each other. Range affects how far away from you eagle will fly. % status chance of bombs is affected by ability strength.

3, Griffin. Griffin is a summonable pet similar to Venari, a kubrow or a kavat. Except it has an exact copy of your stats, equivalent health, armour and shields. Pressing X near griffin will cause you to mount it. While mounted Griffin operates like a K drive, but can fly freely in any direction.

While mounted on Griffin you can use your guns and quick melee, and Griffin will melee any enemy it crashes into. When disembarked, Griffin will fly around freely dive bombing and swooping any enemies it desires. Range affects how far Griffin will roam away from you.
 

4. Wyvern. An ethereal dragon that stands over and behind you. Wyvern will breath fire at any enemy in front of you. While Wyvern is activated, all of your other summons will become ablaze. Dealing additional fire damage in conjunction with the rest of their attacks.

i would name this warframe avian due to it being related to avian creatures and avian would be a she

passive, the higher avians meter is, she gets higher damage reduction capping at 70%

1 id rename this ability tether, instead of just a straight shot id suggest making it something more affective in battle and would add support value to you and your eagle, the frame uses a slingshot like weapon mounted on their arm to launch a grapple like projectile that when hits an enemy would tether them to the ground, if another enemy is near the tethered enemy when hit, they will also be hit and can tether another enemy, creating a chain reaction, the basis of this would be that of a cc, note that enemies will only be tethered if they are near the tethered enemy when hit and would not be tethered after the enemy is hit, pressing tether again would retract the device back to the frame and would damage the enemies upon untethering with doing slash damage and causing the targets to bleed, more damage is done depending on the amount of tethered enemies. while enemies are tethered, the shifting wings will attack them, tethered enemies killed by shifting wings will heal avian and the shifting wings along with giving energy.

2 i would rename this ability to a thousand wings, or shifting wings,. avians companion is a formation of herself, animated by the void, the shifting wings have no definite form other than being a bird of some kind, the shifting wings can take the form of any bird like creature that fits the situation the most.    when summoned a winged creature detaches itself from avian and will fly next to her , when detecting enemies they will mark them similar to the enemy radar mods you can get to sense enemies from farther away, and attack them doing a moderate amount of damage, when the wings get a kill a meter on avians screen will increase, the higher the meter increases, the higher the wings size and damage, at certain percentages, the wings will evolve and gain new attacks and abilities, at 20% the wings will grow giant sharp claws and be able to blind enemies and knock them down temporarily with headshot attacks or when the wings attack enemies heads, when at 40% the wings will pick up normal sized enemies and throw them at other enemies doing impact damage and ragdolling enemies hit, the avian can pick up enemies such as infested chargers or regular grineer soldiers but wont be able to pick up heavy enemies like heavy gunners. and at 60 percent the wings would be about the size of a kubro and could divebomb near enemies making an exposion doing impact damage and knocking down enemies in a large radius, also, the wings could charge at enemies hitting anything in their path.

using this ability would command the creature to do different things, if used, this ability would revive the creature if it is dead along with healing your set companion or reviving them also. if the wings are alive, pressing the ability would cause the wings to do a divebomb wherever you are looking, and if the ability is held it will highlight a straight path similar to niduses 1st and releasing will cause the wings to charge in that direction, using command attacks will do double the damage of the original attack so the command divebomb would to double the amount of damage a normal divebomb would do, 

3. vulture . avian would summon a vulture like creature using a percentage of the wings meter, around 40% i think, the vulture would attack knocked down, tethered, or incapacitated enemies and when the vulture does damage to these enemies it would heal avian and her companion, the vulture would also consume corpses of enemies giving energy. the vulture would also increase the meter when they consume corpses, the vulture would have a timer but when the vulture consumes a corpse, the timer would reset allowing the vulture to stay longer as long as it has food,

4. blazing fury, when your meter is full you can use blazing fury, when used your meter will slowly burn away and when the meter reaches 0% the ability deactivates or  when re pressing the ability it will deacivate, when the ability is active all of your companions become ablaze and light enemies around them on fire along with becoming faster and stronger , they will also give double the amount of percentage for the meter. also when the ability is active you will be able to see enemies through walls, all enemies will become highlighted and be visible through walls, enemies will also open to finishers, and only take headshot damage from your guns, when an enemy is killed it will give a large amount of percentage to the meter to replenish it , so as long as you keep getting kills the ability will last.

 

i know this is different from your frame concept but i find it feels better and is more effective.

Link to post
Share on other sites

(WIP Will edit later)

I've been working on an idea that's in short a Kubrow-Frame inspired by Azir from League of Legends; instead of having a single Kubrow active companion like Venari, "Hades" would summon up to three different Hounds (with the same shared Exalted mod pool) as part of his first three abilities. More specifically, each of his first three abilities would place a small "gate" at the targeted location, as well as send out a spectral armored Kubrow called a Hound as a vector for part of the ability, which would then be chained to the Gate and continue to attack enemies within a radius of it, earning stacks for each kill within their respective Gate. Once a Hound was on the field, you could either tap-cast their ability to recast the ability with "their" half originating from their location, or hold-cast to do the same while repositioning the Gate to a new marked location and resetting its duration. Stacks accrued by Hounds could empower their recasts, but will definitely be used in Hades' Ult.

I'm still not sure of specifics of what these abilities would *be* at this point, but I have a general concept of what the three Hounds would do:

Tartarus, the red Hound with a vicious helmet, has an offensive ability, perhaps a burning charge that knocks down enemies in a line and leaves a trail of flames in its wake, with the addition of an explosive cone in the direction of the charge when reaching a newly-placed Gate. 

Asphodel, the blue Hound wearing leg armor and shoulder pads resembling Kubrow heads, has a CC ability, perhaps wrapping enemies in a radius surrounding the Gate in a chain that pulls them toward the center, with relocating sending entangling waves of chains outward to either side of the Hound when they land

and Elysium, the green Hound with a noble breastplate, has a healing/support ability of some kind, though I'm not entirely sure what to use for this one. Given thematics I am open to the idea of putting enemies to sleep as part of the gate-relocation ability.


Hades' Ultimate requires at least one Hound to be active in addition to its energy cost in order to take effect. If at least one Hound is active on the field, Hades can target its Gate and tap-cast his Ultimate to dismiss the Gate but summon that Hound to his side; this does not require line of effect and any Gates within range will be highlighted through walls as long as this ability is ready to cast. Hounds bound to Hades treat him as their Gate, being able to move and attack enemies within a radius around Hades and being pulled alongside him should they wander too far. Each Hound also grants him a temporary buff with a duration related to their current number of Stacks: Tartarus gives a damage buff, Asphodel a defensive buff, and Elysium a health regen buff. Hades can still use an ability tied to any Hound chained to him, in which case he will serve as its point of origin as if he were its Gate.

If all three Hounds are active in the field, Hades can hold-cast his Ultimate to combine them to form Cerberus. If his Hounds' individual Stacks do not all meet a certain threshold, Cerberus will be formed as a single corporeal exalted Kubrow wearing all three Hounds' armors at once. Cerberus' stats will be an enhanced version of the base Hounds', further enhanced by whatever Stacks they had up to a certain threshold, and will be able to move freely as a normal Companion rather than be bound to a single Gate. Any Gates left active while Cerberus is formed will produce passive area effects within their ranges, and Hades can now tap-cast to reposition these Gates as well as cast empowered versions of their respective abilities using Cerberus' current position relative to his own.

If all three Hounds have Stacks above a certain threshold, summoning Cerberus combines them with Hades himself, giving him an empowered form in which he dons the Hounds' armor pieces himself to become a 3-headed werewolf-like monstrosity (this may either function as a Necramech or replace his normal attacks with an Exalted Whip that deals damage calculated from his melee damage plus that of his Hounds). This form's stats are a combination of Hades' own augmented by those of his Hounds, and has a duration scaling with ability duration and total Stacks up to a maximum set by Ability Duration. In this form, Hades' normal abilities are replaced with empowered versions of those of his Hounds, which he can use himself:

-Flames of Tartarus makes Cerberus charge forward, knocking down and dealing Fire damage to enemies in a wide line and leaving a burning trail that damages enemies behind him and a short distance ahead of him (based on distance travelled) when he stops. If he hits a wall or obstacle while charging with this ability, the impact creates an explosion in a semicircular radius facing away from the impacted surface, which deals Blast and Fire damage in addition to knocking enemies down.

-Chains of Asphodel makes Cerberus sweep inward with chains held in both his claws, drawing enemies in a cone toward him before delivering a powerful bite with all three heads at once to deal finisher damage to enemies in an area in front of him

-Song of Elysium unleashes a harmonizing howl from all three of Cerberus' heads at once, granting health regeneration to and removing status ailments from allies in a radius around him, while enemies caught in the sound are stunned for a short duration and deafened for much longer.

-Cerberus's Ultimate ends the transformation early; hold-cast to revert to Hades while keeping Cerberus summoned as a companion for the remaining duration, tap-cast to revert to Hades with all three Hounds individually chained to him but with any remaining unspent Stacks refunded.

If killed as Cerberus, Hades will revert to his normal form at full health but no Shields, and will be stunned for a short duration as he picks himself off the ground. Any unspent Stacks he had as Cerberus will be lost and all three of his Hounds will need to be re-summoned.

Also yes I am a bit on the fence on how Stacks accumulated by individual Hounds are consumed as Cerberus, only that I intend them to be. I have considered making Cerberus' abilities cost that Hound's respective Stacks instead of energy, and thus depleting all three would leave you only with the defensive buffs and/or empowered melee if not immediately revert you back to Hades, but I am still on the fence. Calling a Hound to your side to gain their buff as opposed to directly repositioning them via your abilities will consume at least one Stack if available to apply the buff, otherwise the Hound is effectively dismissed until the ability is recast.


But yeah, TL;DR the Summoning style here is less having a bunch of friends who do all the killing for you and more having three friends that can kill in zones you set but also reward micromanagement and repositioning to make you even more deadly until you transform into a 3-headed hellhound with OP abilities that cost their own finite resource instead of energy for a while.

Edited by Cobalt313
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cobalt313 said:

(WIP Will edit later)

I've been working on an idea that's in short a Kubrow-Frame inspired by Azir from League of Legends; instead of having a single Kubrow active companion like Venari, "Hades" would summon up to three different Hounds (with the same shared Exalted mod pool) as part of his first three abilities. More specifically, each of his first three abilities would place a small "gate" at the targeted location, as well as send out a spectral armored Kubrow called a Hound as a vector for part of the ability, which would then be chained to the Gate and continue to attack enemies within a radius of it, earning stacks for each kill within their respective Gate. Once a Hound was on the field, you could either tap-cast their ability to recast the ability with "their" half originating from their location, or hold-cast to do the same while repositioning the Gate to a new marked location and resetting its duration. Stacks accrued by Hounds could empower their recasts, but will definitely be used in Hades' Ult.

I'm still not sure of specifics of what these abilities would *be* at this point, but I have a general concept of what the three Hounds would do:

Tartarus, the red Hound with a vicious helmet, has an offensive ability, perhaps a burning charge that knocks down enemies in a line and leaves a trail of flames in its wake, with the addition of an explosive cone in the direction of the charge when reaching a newly-placed Gate. 

Asphodel, the blue Hound wearing leg armor and shoulder pads resembling Kubrow heads, has a CC ability, perhaps wrapping enemies in a radius surrounding the Gate in a chain that pulls them toward the center, with relocating sending entangling waves of chains outward to either side of the Hound when they land

and Elysium, the green Hound with a noble breastplate, has a healing/support ability of some kind, though I'm not entirely sure what to use for this one. Given thematics I am open to the idea of putting enemies to sleep as part of the gate-relocation ability.


Hades' Ultimate requires at least one Hound to be active in addition to its energy cost in order to take effect. If at least one Hound is active on the field, Hades can target its Gate and tap-cast his Ultimate to dismiss the Gate but summon that Hound to his side; this does not require line of effect and any Gates within range will be highlighted through walls as long as this ability is ready to cast. Hounds bound to Hades treat him as their Gate, being able to move and attack enemies within a radius around Hades and being pulled alongside him should they wander too far. Each Hound also grants him a temporary buff with a duration related to their current number of Stacks: Tartarus gives a damage buff, Asphodel a defensive buff, and Elysium a health regen buff. Hades can still use an ability tied to any Hound chained to him, in which case he will serve as its point of origin as if he were its Gate.

If all three Hounds are active in the field, Hades can hold-cast his Ultimate to combine them to form Cerberus. If his Hounds' individual Stacks do not all meet a certain threshold, Cerberus will be formed as a single corporeal exalted Kubrow wearing all three Hounds' armors at once. Cerberus' stats will be an enhanced version of the base Hounds', further enhanced by whatever Stacks they had up to a certain threshold, and will be able to move freely as a normal Companion rather than be bound to a single Gate. Any Gates left active while Cerberus is formed will produce passive area effects within their ranges, and Hades can now tap-cast to reposition these Gates as well as cast empowered versions of their respective abilities using Cerberus' current position relative to his own.

If all three Hounds have Stacks above a certain threshold, summoning Cerberus combines them with Hades himself, giving him an empowered form

id suggest that one of the abilities deals with energy regeneration, as i like to stress, energy regeneration is important in a summoner kit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PSN)CoolTRG said:

id suggest that one of the abilities deals with energy regeneration, as i like to stress, energy regeneration is important in a summoner kit.

I could see that being worked into his passive to reward coordination with his Hounds, e.g. enemies harmed by Hades but finished off by a Hound have an increased chance to drop health, while enemies harmed by a Hound but finished off by Hades have an increased chance to drop Energy, or perhaps give Asphodel a chance to enable an energy return from chained enemies since he's the blue one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly a classic summoner/ buffer would be cool. Like you get a bow and arrow in your items when the frame is equipped and you can shoot up to 5 enemies with the bow once the shot enemy is killed it is saved (lvl, stats, etc ...) to be summoned as specters later. The frame could get a host of buffs or abilities that allow it to target specific enemies. Hell if they wanted to they could make the summons moddable, then release mods that affect the ai of companions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, (PSN)EmilsTekcor said:

Honestly a classic summoner/ buffer would be cool. Like you get a bow and arrow in your items when the frame is equipped and you can shoot up to 5 enemies with the bow once the shot enemy is killed it is saved (lvl, stats, etc ...) to be summoned as specters later. The frame could get a host of buffs or abilities that allow it to target specific enemies. Hell if they wanted to they could make the summons moddable, then release mods that affect the ai of companions.

using a system of killing an enemy with a weapon to summon minions isnt really an efficient way of doing it but i get what your saying, exalted summon slots is sommething summoners dream about since it would help with the constant problem of not doing enough damage

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...