Can we please get rid of this?

since my question has been ignored twice on todays stream i have to ask here :

DE, would you maybe think about getting rid of the bright light flashes when entering missions?

its extremely uncomfortable for players with photosensitive eyes like me ( having this condition due to an accident with chemicals )

Would be very nice if we could really get rid of that 😳

• Like 48
8 minutes ago, Kouden said:

since my question has been ignored twice on todays stream

It's impossible to get an answer on the twitch chat since it gets flooded with messages, most being silly stuff, Steve Streams are the best ones to try to get something at least.

He answered 2 questions I asked and many others from people.

As for your question I don't know if they know about it or if a change is coming in the next update try the feedback section

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It's impossible to get an answer on the twitch chat since it gets flooded with messages, most being silly stuff, Steve Streams are the best ones to try to get something at least.

As for your question I don't know if they know about it or if a change is coming in the next update try the feedback section

they added these bright flashes with the Wisp release if i remember right. has been torturing me ever since

6 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm only mildly light sensitive.  So if I forget to avert my eyes from that supernova lens flare it isn't quite...

indiana jones life GIF

...but it sure irritates me.

due to my accident my eyes have a 27% increase in light sensitivity, i cant even go outside without sunglasses on a heavily clouded day. I even have to run my browser in dark mode period 😓

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

i just sent a tweet to Steve about the issue aswell

• Like 4

found the in-universe explanation for the bright light:

after years of using the EXACT same methods for entering the level, all of the enemy factions have figured out that Tenno sneak in through vents and such, but since waiting by the vent in the hopes of ambushing the Tenno would still likely end badly for them, they choose to just be d1cks and place a flashbang on a tripwire so that when the Tenno arrives, they step on the wire and trigger the flashbang. 

as for Void Towers, where you warp in, the white light is just a byproduct of Orokin design, they wanted to be d1cks. 

• Like 4

I actually did get a reply which u will never see here. He agreed it was a little "bright". My god i wonder what very "bright" is to him? Staring at the blazing tropical sun? 

My post was reported as spam. 

So i thought we were living in a free society not some 10cent Regime. 

This will probably be removed. Or some "troll" will appear

vor 8 Stunden schrieb saghzs:

De loves their overly bright visual effects.

Just be glad you can turn off bloom.

Tbf, it isn't DE with the effects, if you follow Steve's history on Twitter, it's basically him being obsessed with graphical fluff.. 

He added so much stuff over the years that aiming with a squad is basically impossible due to all the effects.. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, (NSW)zari10zero said:

My previous topics on it were all removed. So be careful. Yours might dissappear into Feedback as well

They dont like u talking about it. Check my posts if u dont believe me

I mean, it is feedback so they move it there. Not many people will see it but the chance for DE to see it is higher

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Kouden said:

DE, would you maybe think about getting rid of the bright light flashes when entering missions?

its extremely uncomfortable for players with photosensitive eyes like me ( having this condition due to an accident with chemicals )

Would be very nice if we could really get rid of that 😳

Yes, I agree entirely!

Even with me(I don't have a problem with my eyes) it's still way way to bright.
I think this is a recent change, because before I swear it wasn't this bright and long.

I suggest post in the bug section.

Edited by vegetosayajin

It's probably badly calibrated or bugged Auto-exposure, which initially catches wrong values and flashes entire screen for a moment like it was pitch black basement, then realises it's actually midday in Grineer forest and turns brightness down.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

found the in-universe explanation for the bright light:

after years of using the EXACT same methods for entering the level, all of the enemy factions have figured out that Tenno sneak in through vents and such, but since waiting by the vent in the hopes of ambushing the Tenno would still likely end badly for them, they choose to just be d1cks and place a flashbang on a tripwire so that when the Tenno arrives, they step on the wire and trigger the flashbang. 

as for Void Towers, where you warp in, the white light is just a byproduct of Orokin design, they wanted to be d1cks. 

lololol... you just made my day with this one, Tenno 🤣

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Kouden said:

due to my accident my eyes have a 27% increase in light sensitivity, i cant even go outside without sunglasses on a heavily clouded day. I even have to run my browser in dark mode period 😓

My wife, being an albino, understand your pain quite well when it comes to bright light.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, AConfusedBird said:

i agree that a toggle for this "feature" would be nice (or just removing it entirely), but your topic might get better traction in the feedback forum!

Most threads seem to die with 2 replies in feedback forums based on what Ive seen lol, and thread needs like 500 likes and 30 pages to get noticed. 

But yeah the white light is rly annoying especially during these dark winter evenings/nights.

Edited by xombob89
  • Like 3