Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please get rid of this?

Kouden

On 2020-11-12 at 7:46 PM, Kouden said:

DE, would you maybe think about getting rid of the bright light flashes when entering missions?

Yeah seriously. Every mission begins with a Denial Bursa Blinding Beam... why? This is not aesthetically pleasing and adds nothing to the UI experience.

In case for those who don't know the purpose of the flash,

Its supposed to be a scene transition. When you view your landing craft approaching the enemy ship, the screen is supposed to fade to white and then transition to the scene where you jump out of the vent in electrical . However, when you skip the cutscene by spamming space, you break the entire transition and it ends up flashing when you already have control on your warframe.

Basically, the flash is from the scripted sequence that is, for some reason, separate from the scripted cutscene. The cutscene is skippable, but the sequence is not.

Unlikely that this was intended. Not sure why this would take so long to fix, though simplest things being hard to fix is common in software.

Really hoping this gets fixed in the Arcana update.

On 2020-11-13 at 1:36 PM, Hayrack said:

It's probably badly calibrated or bugged Auto-exposure, which initially catches wrong values and flashes entire screen for a moment like it was pitch black basement, then realises it's actually midday in Grineer forest and turns brightness down.

Dayum, man, you are probably right. There is new graphics engine and there are issues with exposure all over the place. It must be some bug.

I was also thinking maybe they are hiding something behind that flash, some mission loading glitches or something.

1 hour ago, Aadi880 said:

In case for those who don't know the purpose of the flash,

Its supposed to be a scene transition. When you view your landing craft approaching the enemy ship, the screen is supposed to fade to white and then transition to the scene where you jump out of the vent in electrical . However, when you skip the cutscene by spamming space, you break the entire transition and it ends up flashing when you already have control on your warframe.

Basically, the flash is from the scripted sequence that is, for some reason, separate from the scripted cutscene. The cutscene is skippable, but the sequence is not.

Unlikely that this was intended. Not sure why this would take so long to fix, though simplest things being hard to fix is common in software.

Really hoping this gets fixed in the Arcana update.

That might explain why I've never seen it yet.  I don't skip the mission start cutscene.  Of course I also have bloom and lensflare turned off, and had Auto-Overexposure disabled until they changed the graphics engine in some way that broke the in-game lighting.  (Especially bad on the Eruopa wrecked Corpus ship map, where some of the static lights were so bright that enemies were literally invisible.  The "auto" setting is the only way to correct it, and clearly the only version they bother to test.  Which sucks, because the setting is garbage.)

On 2020-11-13 at 10:16 PM, xombob89 said:

and thread needs like 500 likes and 30 pages to get noticed

Here's my addition to this then, the bright light is a pain, particularly when playing at night in the dark. i close my eyes as the mission starts and only open them when the flash has faded, its that bad sometimes.

5 minutes ago, gbjbaanb said:

Here's my addition to this then, the bright light is a pain, particularly when playing at night in the dark. i close my eyes as the mission starts and only open them when the flash has faded, its that bad sometimes.

I'm the same, night light on but it's a darkish room, I close my eyes until I can see the light has faded through my eyelids.  😆

Warframe have a reputation as a game that build itself around suggestions from the community.

"A game that the players actually wants to play" or so i heard.

We're led to believe that they'll do anything we asked.

We see their faces everyday on stream. We read their posts on the forums. We know them by name and think if them as our friends.

But it's still a videogame. And DE is still a developer. In most other games, developers doesn't even give crap about connecting with the players. Yes, DE might listen to suggestions that'll make their game "better" and be played by more players. And sadly accessibility isn't one of the more popular ones. They'll probably do it for stunts or marketing.

My heart goes to all of you who have medical conditions that doesn't allow you guys to enjoy the game like most others do. Really.

But yeah... Sadly, the ugly truth is, people won't get answers in twitch chats. And DE don't listen to most of player's demands. All these people asking for stuff? Smoke and mirrors to make us believe that DE grants wishes like some dam genie, we just need to get our voices heard.

Best community team indeed. My hats goes off to reb's girls.

7 hours ago, 32768 said:

There is new graphics engine and there are issues with exposure all over the place. It must be some bug.

Its actually not an issue with auto exposure nor the new graphics engine (This also happens on classic rendering as well.)

It flashes because you've been skipping the mission entering cutscene. Its a screen transition.

Before, the transition was skippable with the cutscene. But now, it only skips the cutscene, the transition still no longer skippable, resulting in a white flash.

6 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

exactly what i have to do every time i spawn in missions. otherwise i would feel a stinging pain in my eyes 😖

1 hour ago, Aadi880 said:

Its actually not an issue with auto exposure nor the new graphics engine (This also happens on classic rendering as well.)

It flashes because you've been skipping the mission entering cutscene. Its a screen transition.

Before, the transition was skippable with the cutscene. But now, it only skips the cutscene, the transition still no longer skippable, resulting in a white flash.

i remember from many years ago that these flashbangs were not even in the game. who had the " bright " idea to torture us like this in the first place? i dont think that it was Steve, but rather one of the guys who work under his supervision. but back when it was added, Steve probably didnt think that it would cause any trouble for us players

16 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

I didn't know that i can skip cutscenes by spamming Space, i usually skip them by Esc, Enter.

However i was playing on weekend and i didn't notice a single flashbang. I don't know if it isn't always reproducible or they fixed it, or i disabled something in settings.

20 minutes ago, 32768 said:

I didn't know that i can skip cutscenes by spamming Space, i usually skip them by Esc, Enter.

However i was playing on weekend and i didn't notice a single flashbang. I don't know if it isn't always reproducible or they fixed it, or i disabled something in settings.

It only happens to the player that is the host, not the client.

Speaking of excessive brightness how about toning down the brightness explosion when you destroy a healing orb in railjack mode? I'm actively avoiding even attacking them now because when those healing orbs explode holy S#&$ does the brightness of it cover the entire screen and it strains the eyes.

1 hour ago, Viges said:

wish Steve played this game at least once a month smth No Thank You Omg GIF by Fluffy Friends

word fellow Tenno; the DEVs should really play the game alot more to see these issues first hand and realise where they made a mistake. Sadly we mostly see them play on stream only so they might not really play the game at all aside from that. Only doing some short runs on DEV build aint really gonna reveal all the issues and bugs to them 🤔

5 hours ago, Kouden said:

word fellow Tenno; the DEVs should really play the game alot more to see these issues first hand and realise where they made a mistake. Sadly we mostly see them play on stream only so they might not really play the game at all aside from that. Only doing some short runs on DEV build aint really gonna reveal all the issues and bugs to them 🤔

...or it could just be that different people notice, and are concerned/bothered/focused about, different things, with different points of view, including aesthetic outlooks...🤔

20 hours ago, Zimzala said:

...or it could just be that different people notice, and are concerned/bothered/focused about, different things, with different points of view, including aesthetic outlooks...🤔

or its just ignorance from some certain people 🤔

Archived