question, why cant health orbs, zenurik, enemy/loot radar, and vacuum affect necramechs?

Timothy_Mark

i mean whats so bad making them affectable by these things? necramechs are these powerful towering machines built with all the systems, weapons and tools of the array to tear apart sentients, and even warframes, so whats so bad making them less weak and make, zenurik, health orbs, radar, and vacuum affect them? if its because of game balance wise, why? i mean how is adding radar and vacuum to necramechs going to make them overly broken? it just doesnt make any sense really, they arent as tanky as some warframes, they dont have broken abilities that nuke an entire map, except for the artillery mode for the voidrig mech and even then your stationery to compensate for the damage, c'mon give it a shot, i dont think its going to make them broken, and hell i just want to know on why tho, if zenurik is going to make them very broken why not make it do half energy regeneration for the mechs? i dont think thats a bad idea, but at least make these things affect necramechs, since it literally affects kdrives and archwings. 

for some reason DE has this bizarre idea in their head that walking over every last orb, every time is somehow fun. it's not. DE's defiance of vacuum isn't cute or clever, it never was. it's nonsensical. it's ALWAYS been nonsensical.

unless maybe there are some crazy people out there that are heavily against vacuum for whatever reason? they scrapped *proper* Universal Medallions over ONE Conclave Player... seems like they really don't like the word "universal". 

8 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Looks like we're getting it eventually

Oof massive ego right there Scott. The community will not take it lightly.

Regarding Zenurik. I can see why it's prohibited. We don't want the voidrig to be meta don't we? Arquebex is the strongest weapon in the game stat wise. It's obvious DE won't allow players to have it on all the time.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Looks like we're getting it eventually

I don't understand the design choice for not having a reall universal vaccum. I mean, we HAVE universal vaccum, but the necramech is so big that those 3m doesn't stop the needs for steeping right into somethign you want to grab. It should 3 m OUTSIDE the mesh pawn, but I think is from the center, you can have a better view of it when you grab something as operator, then as a warframe and then as a necramech. But yeah, I honestly can't understand why they are so stubborn with this issue, more if we consider that they already implemented a lot of stuff to punish afk farming.

3 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Oof massive ego right there Scott. The community will not take it lightly.

Kinda sure he is joking, it's the kind of jokes he does live on devstreams. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

for some reason DE has this bizarre idea in their head that walking over every last orb, every time is somehow fun. it's not. DE's defiance of vacuum isn't cute or clever, it never was. it's nonsensical. it's ALWAYS been nonsensical.

unless maybe there are some crazy people out there that are heavily against vacuum for whatever reason? they scrapped *proper* Universal Medallions over ONE Conclave Player... seems like they really don't like the word "universal". 

I wonder if there's a game design reason for it. It seems common for looters to lack vacuum in the way we want it. Diablo series has always been like that with Diablo 3 now having a pet that vacuums up gold and only gold (which is mostly worthless). I wonder if Path of Exile is the same way?

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

If he does, then he is doing it terribly. Jokes shouldn't hurt or trigger other's feeling. I think he needs to watch his mouth next time.

I honestly fail to see how this could hurt others peoples feelings by saying "It’s my hill and I like it!"... Like, dude, wtf

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I honestly fail to see how this could hurt others peoples feelings by saying "It’s my hill and I like it!"... Like, dude, wtf

Oh you should have seen the twitter responses after that... people calling scott stubborn and selfish. It hurts them because it feels like Scott doesn’t want to listen to their criticism.

Just now, DrivaMain said:

Oh you should have seen the twitter responses after that... people calling scott stubborn and selfish. It hurts them because it feels like Scott doesn’t want to listen to their criticism.

And in his position, with this community, you would sit to "hear" users trhowing things that don't even understand most of the time? I feel like any regular and sane person would do the same instead trying to make hapy everyone that thinks "Hey I had this great idea for warframe!". I'm not gonna defend his position on universal vaccum since I genuinelly don't understand the design choice behind it, that doesn't mean there isn't one and doesn't mean they are right on this issue. I just want to express thay I understand Scotts attitude, even more after seeing hsiterical reactions for the minimal stuff. 

This is apparently how it's "meant" to be played : Nekros + vazarin 

Desacrate works while in the necramech so you may have some blue orbs drops, and vazarin dash provides healing and invulnerability if needed.

It may also work with Hildryn with some range and duration with her 4th, but less loot.

Head for fortuna, temple of grofit

1 hour ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

This is apparrntmy how it's "meant" to be played : Nekros + vazarin 

Desacrate works while in the necramech so you make have some blue orbs, and vazarin dash provides healing and invulnerability if needed.

It may also work with Hildryn with some range and duration with her 4th, but less loot.

Head for fortuna, temple of grofit

that build works in 95% of the game, no joke

18 minutes ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

My point is that it's one of the few builds that provide support to the necramech with healing and energy as other frame (trinity, wisp....) are useless 

I know, but That build is one of the most amazing ways to play, I usually ends up being the last man standing on random endless endurance runs (like arbitrations). People often doesn't know about it and I'm starting to create a video about it, sorry if looked like I wanted to dismiss your comment or something, I just wanted to add that. Necramech + operator are proving to be one of the most enigmatic synergies so far.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

The issue is DE gets supported by those that cry out loud that they "waste" drops etc. that are still around.

Which by the way is hilarious, when I can go easily an hour+ with an exalted weapon active, gives me huge doubts about "wasting" energy..

But honestly, I'm not shook at all. It's probably the same kind of people that cry to their parents because helminth calls them a demon, or the same that cower 8 hours in one mission, using macros, maximum cheese and don't move a single meter, and then complain the game is getting stale. 

The perfect solution for both those who complain about wasting resources and those who want universal vacuum would be to make it a waybound unlock for the operator and break up the vacuum/radar into different categories, one for each focus tree. I'd do it as:

-Enemy radar

-Item radar

-Ammo vacuum

-Restoration item vacuum (health, energy)

-Item vacuum (resources, mods, void traces, anything else that isn't one of the above two LIKE AYATAN STARS AND GRANUM CROWNS... why are these not sucked up?)

Not only do you get universal vacuum and radar, you'd be able to customise it far more than we can now and that it would be an active goal for players to work towards and grant a sense of progression.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Or, and now hear me out, you make it a toggle in the settings which is popular by a lot of games that have a similar drop system and not lock it behind any kind of progression because it's a QoL thing and not an actual feature.

This way, those that want it can activate it, and those that don't want it can just not toggle the setting.

True. I would indeed want it on all the time, but DE seem to have some kind of hardon about making you work for basic QoL features. I would say that I thought up a good compromise, but I don't seriously expect them to implement anything like it because limited as it is, it's still better than what we have now.

13 hours ago, nslay said:

I wonder if there's a game design reason for it. It seems common for looters to lack vacuum in the way we want it. Diablo series has always been like that with Diablo 3 now having a pet that vacuums up gold and only gold (which is mostly worthless). I wonder if Path of Exile is the same way?

There are certainly gameplay reasons which devs don't want to divulge.

It's great that you brought out Diablo because in the original Diablo you have to click anything that you want to pick up. Then in Diablo 2 "pick up radius" was a stat that you can play with IIRC. In Diablo 3 they went back and forth with the pick up radius value and players just wanted a decent amount of it to be the minimum. BTW back then when I was still playing D3, there were still certain things which you need to manually click to pick up.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Or, and now hear me out, you make it a toggle in the settings which is popular by a lot of games that have a similar drop system and not lock it behind any kind of progression because it's a QoL thing and not an actual feature.

This way, those that want it can activate it, and those that don't want it can just not toggle the setting.

Pretty much, honestly not sure why it's just not a stat we can configure in the Options menu. Would certainly help people who are using those "Shoot Health or Energy" Mods but don't want to gimp themselves out of resources and ammo.

I don't necessarily care that it's locked behind needing a few Mods, if that's what it'll take to keep Vacuum in its current state I'll take it, but is it really so hard to have the option?

2 hours ago, Nailclipper said:

There are certainly gameplay reasons which devs don't want to divulge.

It's great that you brought out Diablo because in the original Diablo you have to click anything that you want to pick up. Then in Diablo 2 "pick up radius" was a stat that you can play with IIRC. In Diablo 3 they went back and forth with the pick up radius value and players just wanted a decent amount of it to be the minimum. BTW back then when I was still playing D3, there were still certain things which you need to manually click to pick up.

Diablo 3's pickup radius is only for gold and health orbs. The pet picks up gold too (and only gold).

Materials and gems (which don't occupy stash or inventory space anymore) all require you to click on them. I don't remember a pickup radius in Diablo 2, I remember having to click on everything there too.

Archived