Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More uses of platinum pls!

HugeM

Old players might have much platinum and dont know where to use it.

We can not buy good skins with it, can not even give to our friends. 

How about a frame made of platinum, which can only build with... like 24k (24000) platinum?

Or could we at least have some VALUABLE items or skins or packages in store?

Or other ways to use platinum?

Any ideas?

most plat i made was 22k now i'm at 18k and i dont care to grind now. not necessarily mean i want to quickly get rid of them, it took quite the grind. and with how low plat value has drop in game it would be pain. four years back day one prime access set use to go for 500-700, now its max 200-250. not worth it, so i rather save my plat.

Wouldn't mind being able to restore your relay blessings with plat.

Just handing out all 6 boosters at once would be fun a couple of times.

But this would lead to players begging MR30s to bless them nonstop, at least now you can just say "Sorry, already used it today".

19 minutes ago, HugeM said:

How about a frame made of platinum, which can only build with... like 24k (24000) platinum?

It's a base Excalibur. Literally identical in every way, except you can't recolour him or give him skins. He doesn't benefit from Death Orbs. It's literally just Default Excalibur, but with a Platinum texture.

Guarantee you people would buy it.

28 minutes ago, HugeM said:

Any ideas?

Yes actually, firstly learn that platinum has an actual value and how much of your local currency its worth, then calculate how much it would cost you in your local currency to buy the 24K platinum to buy your proposed frame, finally you could ask a Moderator to close/delete your topic before it becomes a World of Fire.

49 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

wait you can't give plat to your friends ?

You can. But DE sometimes flags it and blocks both accounts. I have been okay with giving 500plat away. Not sure what amount is needed to get flagged.

56 minutes ago, HugeM said:

Any ideas?

Yes. How about some nice cosmetics that we can spend platinum on. I’d buy an ephemera that had nice visuals and a couple plays floating around. Assuming the price was reasonable.

Just now, krc473 said:

You can. But DE sometimes flags it and blocks both accounts. I have been okay with giving 500plat away. Not sure what amount is needed to get flagged.

Yes. How about some nice cosmetics that we can spend platinum on. I’d buy an ephemera that had nice visuals and a couple plays floating around. Assuming the price was reasonable.

Yeah but when you send gifts thats just hilarious i gave around 6k plat worth of stuff during a tennobaum and did not saw a hint of anything bad coming my way ^.^ 

3 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Yeah but when you send gifts thats just hilarious i gave around 6k plat worth of stuff during a tennobaum and did not saw a hint of anything bad coming my way ^.^ 

Gifting is okay. I am not sure if gifting large amounts of stuff to one person would raise any red flags though. The system is a strange one.

So... a PC exclusive frame, I guess? Another one, for that matter.

I mean, consoles have nowhere near the amounts of circulating platinum PC has, nor access to platinum purchase discounts apart from the meh seasonal ones.

That's why I am thankful the game doesn't pull the kind of poop which was suggested, since that would effectively cut 98% (completely accurate /s) of the community out of obtaining that frame.

It's always interesting to see how people find ways to brag about how much play-money they have accumulated in a video game, while at the same time saying the developers of that game have produced nothing of value to purchase...

Warframe forums still deliver after all these years.

Players with too much plat....

Reminds me of that drug dealer in Bad Boys 2 that had so much money, rats were making nests in it....

Give.

Give now and later

Players on PC are given plat for so many things- signing others up, others buying plat gives to person who signed them up, real plat discounts.....

Hek, i aint plat rich on Xbox and i give peeps with WISHLIST something when i am able...  

6 hours ago, krc473 said:

Gifting is okay. I am not sure if gifting large amounts of stuff to one person would raise any red flags though. The system is a strange one.

I guess it depends on what a large amounts of plat would be. I've gifted multiple thousands before, and even traded multiple thousands (at once) for 1 ammo drum and haven't been flagged. One of the people I even gifted and traded to plays on the same network, which people claim is an automatic suspension. Something to consider is while there will be false positives, people also do lie, a lot...

Although, there already is a use for plat when you're at the end of the game, other than sharing it, and that's buying stupidly over priced rivens. I just personally share my plat, I already got Rivens for weapons I care without buying them and sometimes end up with too much plat from selling Rivens. I also just waste it pointlessly on things like when rushing Helminth was added.

What if we melt our platinum to create a platnium sculpture for our ship? 
But a real sculpture, you submit it your idea and they add it into the game with updates, platinum goes directly to DE,  you hae a personalized piece of literal art from the amazing art team, everyone is happy, origin system peace achieved

Archived