How many players actually still play heart of Deimos

I have been curious about this for a bit now because I personally have become bored and very reluctant to play on Deimos anymore due to the fact that Deimos open world is just way too Grindy and not fun, so I'm pretty much Wondering how many players are actually still playing it in comparison to those who'd rather either play all the normal missions in the solar system or just playing on the first two open worlds over the new one as I believe a lot of players are just burning out when they play Deimos and just want to know other players thoughts on this, also please if you post on this please be respectful and Understanding as well as for your opinions please make sure they are of a positive nature or constructive nature as it would be greatly appreciated

Yeah I stopped after the first two weeks or so. I don't mind so much anymore that the devs have fully committed to the "grind" style of game, clearly it's working for them and they're unwilling to consider making big updates without grind going forward. I used to leave a lot of feedback asking for the game to be made engaging instead of grindy, but at this point I'm quite sure the ship has sailed and there is no turning back. I've made my peace with that, and find true player engagement in other games now (although I do still get it in conclave!)

I actually really liked the Isolation vault Necramech fights though. I would definitely still play that if there wasn't a mandatory 15-20min waiting period between each fight. Same issue I had with Kuva liches, really fun boss fights, but mandatory waiting period made it a no-go after a while. I wish they added an option to skip the waiting periods and also skip the rewards. That way I could play the fun part as much as I want, rewards be damned!

• Like 6

I played it long enough to get two Xaku's, one for me one for Helminth.  Long enough to get the items that provide Mastery.  I got to max rank with the factions both for completion and for the lore entries.  Got my mech and everything I could buy from Loid and haven't bothered trying to farm all the Necramech mods because the drop rates are pathetically, laughably, amateurishly bad.  I stockpiled some of the resources that only come from that area for when new kitguns drop.  Basically I got everything you can get from it and have played it just for the enjoyment of playing it exactly zero.  I won't be back to the Drift until more content drops, and if it's just the same, I will get in, get my stuff, and get back out to the things I DO like doing.  Outside of gear/MR it has been dead to me since the first week it dropped.  Deimos is awful.

• Like 3

Well  "heart of Deimos" is the quest. If you are talking about the open world, yeah I still play it. I like how easy it is to farm for resources/tags over there. I try to mix things up so I don't get 'burnt out'. (logically if one is farming something over and over again, getting burnt out is inevitable)

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

That Purifier/hit the flowers that pop out of the ground bounty and the Latrox bounty are the absolute worst bounties in the game, by far.  

the Purifier is certainly a bit dull Combat wise, but it does encourage me to perform my mobility well to get it done quickly.
babysitting Latrox is largely fine, all of the Combat-centric Bounty Objectives are more than fine in my book. as they're a lot more active than the Bounties of past Landscapes.

• Like 1
Just now, taiiat said:

the Purifier is certainly a bit dull Combat wise, but it does encourage me to perform my mobility well to get it done quickly.
babysitting Latrox is largely fine, all of the Combat-centric Bounty Objectives are more than fine in my book. as they're a lot more active than the Bounties of past Landscapes.

I don't like the purifier bounty because the mini map in the open worlds is awful and makes plotting a route to hit the most flowers in a run a PITA.  Those stupid launch-you-in-the-air-for-no-reason flowers also always seem to spawn in the worst spots and are a pain to avoid while rushing to try and find the flowers.  It's not completely awful solo, aside from being really tedious, but it's a nightmare in a pub because the amount of flowers is increased and most people suck at it worse than I do somehow.

The Latrox bounty is flat out terrible.  You have me questioning your sanity now lol.  Sample drop rate is worse than reactant drop in a survival fissure with the team as spread out as possible.  It takes forever, and the bonus is mechanically horrible unless you cheese it by bringing one of the few frames that can heal it.  People abandon bounties over this stage showing up for a reason.  I'd rather they just copy/paste defection into the bounty stages than ever have to run this bounty again.

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Those stupid launch-you-in-the-air-for-no-reason flowers also always seem to spawn in the worst spots and are a pain to avoid while rushing to try and find the flowers.
It's not completely awful solo, aside from being really tedious, but it's a nightmare in a pub because the amount of flowers is increased and most people suck at it worse than I do somehow.

Sample drop rate is (horrible)

that's true, we can easily Walk on top of the.... things, for some asinine reason. but i'm really just going by while spamming Interact and as soon as i'm close-ish it gets activated.
i'm not usually playing the Bounties with many people or on Public for that matter, so i don't encounter the much higher quotas for 4 Players. just 1-2 generally, sometimes 3. 4 essentially never, only for other types of content.

the Sample rate isn't great, but i'm Killing stuff so if i Kill stuff for a while eventually i'll be allowed to pass. it's less tedious than the Kill type Bounties on the other Landscapes though, since it's not just a Timer with Enemies to bother you.

Last time i visited it for actually playing there, probably 2-3 weeks ago.

I spent a considerable amount of time farming Necramech Mods (with no luck) and the Endless Bounty (with no luck again)

If it weren't for DE making things a stupid low dropchance, I would have been done 2 weeks after release probably.

No bosses like Eidolons or Profit Taker, not intrested in conservation, token economy all over the place. It really doesn't have much going for it at the moment.

• Like 1

It’s the same situation for all updates 2-3 weeks after release. Everyone finished the grind. Now it’s the usual Login-Sorties-Log out. Everyone is just waiting for the next update to drop by playing other games or just login to do the daily stuff.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

That Purifier/hit the flowers that pop out of the ground bounty and the Latrox bounty are the absolute worst bounties in the game, by far.  

The Latrox bounty's pacing is atrocious, but I really like the purifier. It's at least new, and it forces squad cooperation which builds more of a team feeling.

• Like 1

I stopped after nightwave completely #*!%ed the spawns of enemies and constantly delayed the damn start of objectives because of endless babbling.. I'll wait until Arcana drops and then decide if it's worth to wait up to minutes before I can start objectives -_- 

In general, open world bounties should jump from objective to objective in seconds, not minutes of me having to wait around for dialogue to end.

Nora just is the icing on the cake on an already annoying thing..

• Like 1

I stopped over a month ago after they finished hotfixing it.

They still haven't fixed the Archwing bug after deploying the Necramech. The only reason I had to keep playing was to farm Necramech mods and Cortege parts, and to level the Necramech. But I can't even use the Necramech without losing Archwing for the duration of the mission. Having to void dash and run across the open world is tediously slow.

So I found myself trying to farm Necramech mods for a Necramech I wasn't using (because not having Archwing in an open world is a huge QoL loss).

And I haven't been back since.

Edited by z3us32610

I rushed everything early and stocked up a bit on certain things in preparation for Arcana update. Slowed down so I didn't burn myself out before the update hits, but did a fair bit of bounties for naberus. I'll definitely be returning for quite some time when the update comes though.

I've played HoD for about a month to get (almost) everything. This made me hate it to the point I hardly participated in halloween event shop.

DE really fked up with making Halloween event on deimos. yes thematically it's neat, but alot of people burned out of HoD because of awful grind they made.

I doubt I'll give even half a sh. when new update rolls in, cause I just can't stand HoD.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, z3us32610 said:

I stopped over a month ago after they finished hotfixing it.

They still haven't fixed the Archwing bug after deploying the Necramech. The only reason I had to keep playing was to farm Necramech mods and Cortege parts, and to level the Necramech. But I can't even use the Necramech without losing Archwing for the duration of the mission. Having to void dash and run across the open world is tediously slow.

So I found myself trying to farm Necramech mods for a Necramech I wasn't using (because not having Archwing in an open world is a huge QoL loss).

And I haven't been back since.

At least on Xbox, summoning your Kdrive fixes the archwing bug.  Stupid I know.  They should just fix it.  But it's at least a work around for if you decide to go back out to finish farming stuff.

I grinded the heck out of Deimos and maxed out all standing after buying everything including multiple copies and this was when the grind was worse than it is now. I gave up on necramech streamline though.

Ever since the Halloween event I believe they buffed the bounty token gains. But by then I was already done.

I found great success with Mirage and a Tombfinger. The damage is enough to handle the Juggulus in the steel path bounty. Having a mausolon and necramech for the really heavy targets helps too.

For the purifier bounty use Amesha. Put your bubble on the central objective and fly around with your 4 and 1 abilities on. Much faster than running or bullet jumping. The 4 keeps you alive and the 1 keeps you from recoiling as you slam your face into the ground.

For latrox you can use Amesha's bubble at the end to keep the drone safe although you may need to reposition it a few times.

Edited by (PSN)Double991
43 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

At least on Xbox, summoning your Kdrive fixes the archwing bug.  Stupid I know.  They should just fix it.  But it's at least a work around for if you decide to go back out to finish farming stuff.

That works on PC too. It is, in fact, the only reason I even have that stupid skateboard on my gear wheel.

Back to the OP, I ranked the family standing to L3 (there's no reason to go any higher), got the mech and the left the place entirely. I went back briefly afterwards because I got a mod drop booster from a sortie and wanted the mech mods, but gave up on that after I'd done enough vault bounties to get a full Cortege set (something I never expected to have) and still don't have all the mods.

I hate Deimos. The enemies look almost exactly like the environment (all the same shade of brown and red, especially bad when underground) , it's filled with the highest damage snipers in the entire game (meaning that if you do bring out a mech, it's going to die extremely quickly), those cliff racer enemies are #*!%ing annoying and the bounties are terrible (special mention to the "kill enemies inside the cauldron area", "protect latron's drone" and "kill more than the grineer").

I also hate the crap out of mandatory animal tracking and the many layers of un-necessary abstraction and complication that the token system introduces-  #*!% seriglass shards and #*!% the requirement to hand in specific combinations of items for less standing than the other two open worlds give you from handing in individual items of your own choice.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Ahh, I actually haven't had my K Drive in my gear til a few weeks ago, so I never tried that. It occurred to me to try after the fact, but by that time I had already stopped playing.

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind when Deimos: Arcana drops.

Left the game entirely for a while, trying to stay clear of the forums and all the community...
It really left a bad taste on me, so I learned to not look too much in the community.
Planning to come back soon tho! But Elite Dangerous is taking me as well. Well, guess I'll min-max both, like how the vets do it with their weps!
And the first I am gonna do is visit Deimos, I like it a lot, just like Fortuna.
Also is it just me or am I the only one who actually enjoys side activities not because it gives stuff, but actual process? Like stealthing my way from the Corpus while mining. And running for my dear life after that infested LIVING bug while being chased by bigger hunters.

I've yet to find a single SCRIPT bug in any. The only bug I found is my pet randomly teleporting.

Edited by mrpyro12345678

Played last week because i had a login resource booster, but waiting on drop rate fixes for mech mods rather than getting annoyed and burnt out from stupid 2% of 10% drop rate. 

Better waiting for update than getting upset about wasted time on something you know is broken same as scilliant was from bounties DE fixed it eventually if well after pc was fixed. Rapid Certs a slow prospect.

Legit don't want to return there :(. It's sick vusually, art design is top notch - albeit with problems of clarity and performance on PS4. Game design is worse compared to previous open world sections.

Seems like devs had more focus on how to make it so people don't rush through it. Regular limiations as standing seem to disappoint people, so instead we get a lot of - grindy, long, boring, repetitive missions you have to do over and over and over. Tier 5 bounty made me hate WF :(, and I did 1 or 2 a day.

There is always downtime or artifical time gates - where you wait for enemy to spawn, and they aren't. That in turn defeat the purpose of trying to do better/faster/improve yourself. The moment you perfrom too fast bam - suddenly wait for a minute or 2 in the area where there is suppouse to be things to kill that just aren't coming. That leads to overall time of 15-20 minutes for tier 5 bounty. Pretty much the longest time required out of all T5 on the other 2 open worlds.

I thought Fortuna was getting a bit grindy, but Deimos left me rather empty. The system with the tokens at least on theory should remove caps - so if you get big amount you just might hop a day to drop them for standing. I didn't mind the constant jump to exchange tokens as well (at least that much), different flavours add new experience.

I suspect  a lot of casual people were stuck or got slowed/bored by the brother requirements for achiveas - which still to this day can bug spawn the creature in the structure - on top of being small and hard to spot even with a specialized tranq gun that should help (but that's a wf visual language problem I often nag about, might even be on purpose). The final push for R5 is slow and you sorta have to do tier 5 bounty, cause the others give very little mommy tokens. Even if adjusted it won't change the fact the mission itself gets dull and a chore very fast - you really have to do it quite a lot.

Did some Iso vaults a bit to test, but never did 2 or 3 in one run yet. For Eidolons at least you have timer on the bountie list, on Deimos you don't... Gl trying to do it casually with random people (again small little sly obsticles for you know what reason). So thats one thing I guess I need to check some more? I don't think I'd have the desire or strenght to go for Mech, might get a Trumna.

The super grindy folks most probably did all they wanted either way in the 1s/2nd week, so they wait for the next thing to go for - soon.

Edited by (PSN)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg

necralisk is looking very lively to me. im still constantly getting matched with players while doing isolation vaults.

and im probably gonna keep doing them until I get the mods for the upcoming update.

its kinda fun using the mech to run the vaults. just gotta take a little break every now and then since a full run takes about half an hour.

I am, it's the least grindy of the 3 open areas.  Both Rep gain and maxing was very quick relative to Cetus and Fortuna.  Token system is fantastic.  I'm not trying to farm necromech mods, for some reason people really want those... I'm working on GM tokens at the moment for decorations, also have a few BP's to still purchase.  I find the combat advantage Archwings can bring to be better here than the other 2 open worlds.  The Necraloid story/lore was great. And at the rate I'm going I'll be able to research Hema soon :)  

Few things I didn't care for: Corpus researcher bounty (no one really needs to ask why at this point) and how many times I try to run/slide/bullet just to be stopped by a small terrain quirk or a tentacle sticking out of the ground, really not a speed-frame friendly world.  A lot of that could be alleviated by just "rounding out" the collision allowing you to slide move over the edge of the terrain quirk instead of stopping you dead in your spot.  The necromech's themselves make for interesting fun engagements as enemies, I enjoy soloing the vaults when I'm not concentrating on mother Tokens; but I don't enjoy using them though and don't feel like they have a place in our arsenal, they feel out of place.  The main story line I really didn't care for.  Cheesy, cliche to the point of cringe-worthy. 

Edited by (XBOX)Calliber
Structure