Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XBOX)GPGxChief

Question

7 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)GPGxChief said:

25% charge ice thermal sunder will freeze enemies

No that's when the base battery is full

50% charge ice thermal sunder will freeze enemies and mach rush when on impact will deal slash procs replacing its base impact procs

No, that's when Gauss creates the impact with mach rush.

75% charge ice thermal sunder will freeze enemies and mach rush when on impact will deal slash procs replacing its base impact procs and gauss will send bolts flying from him that will damage enemies and strip armour by around 10%.

Also no, the bolts are a part of redline, not anything else.

kinetic platings every hit the kinetic plating takes it will take some battery off your BASE battery, not your redline battery

Also wrong, every hit will drain battery, unless redline is at 100% charge, then nothing will drain his battery.

when you have redline and kinetic plating active and see the battery getting decreased just know that its ok.

Because having redline active slowly drains battery until the overclocking hits 100%

the base is just built to accommodate kinetic plating and the redline battery is built to accommodate gauss abilities and their effectiveness.

Redline adds effects to his abilities, max base battery also buffs the abilities for the 1 cast that would drain the battery. the base battery also determines his passive effectiveness.

From a person with Gauss as most played.

9 hours ago, McCIoud said:

no read on the wiki [dont like to use the wiki but what you just said is false]

No, that's when Gauss creates the impact with mach rush.

yes did i not say that, it replacing his base impact proc. so why are you saying no man?

Also no, the bolts are a part of redline, not anything else.

the base bolts of redline just do dmg while at 75% it will strip armor depending on a 75/25 ratio, 75% battery can do up to 25% armor strip.

Also wrong, every hit will drain battery, unless redline is at 100% charge, then nothing will drain his battery.

i said that every hit will drain his base battery which can be negated be dealing damage with a melee weapon

Because having redline active slowly drains battery until the overclocking hits 100%

which can be negated 

Redline adds effects to his abilities, max base battery also buffs the abilities for the 1 cast that would drain the battery. the base battery also determines his passive effectiveness.

base battery only "buffs" kinetic platings dmg negation while redline buffs gauss's other abilities.

P.S. having a frame as your most played doesn't mean you understand everything. I had to go in depth here and what your saying is extremely under detailed and misleading. oh also for every new buff i put in for the % i also mentioned the one before leading up to every buff so please read again 

On 2020-11-13 at 9:09 PM, McCIoud said:

Redline bonuses apply to Gauss's abilities only when the battery is past the Redline limit (80% of the Battery). It doesn't need to be at the 100% overclock mark where the Battery during Redline never decays or when the Battery is completely filled before the 100% mark.

On 2020-11-13 at 8:41 PM, (XBOX)GPGxChief said:

50% charge ice thermal sunder will freeze enemies and mach rush when on impact will deal slash procs replacing its base impact procs.

Mach Rushing into Thermal Sunder auras will allow Gauss to add the elemental damage of the aura onto the impact of both Gauss running over enemies and running into a wall. The Slash damage/procs only come into play if you have Kinetic Plating active while Mach Rushing.

gauss will send bolts flying from him that will damage enemies and strip armour by around 10%.

The Redline bolts do not strip any armor. Only a Redlined Blast Thermal Sunder can do so.

100% charge redline ice thermal sunder - thermal sunder casts will strip 100% armour

Partially true, but again it only applies the 100% Armor strip when you do a Blast Thermal Sunder (Ice to Heat, or Heat to Ice). The armor gets strip first before the damage of the Thermal Sunder. The damage of the Thermal Sunder will depend on which element you used last to prime for the Blast damage (Heat deals double the damage over Cold).

every hit the kinetic plating takes it will take some battery off your BASE battery, not your redline battery

Kinetic Plating will only absorb and reduce damage from: Blast, Heat, Cold, and all physical damage types. If Gauss's Redlined Battery does not reach the 100% overclock mark, absorbing the relevant damage types will drain the Battery even past the Redline mark. However, getting the Battery to the 100% overclock mark will stop the Battery from decaying at all. Standing still with the Battery active while in Redline or not will drain the Battery.

so at a full battery you will be negating 90% of the shots that hit gauss, this will be your primary tanking ability.

That will depend on two things: Gauss's Ability Strength and whether he's in Redline or not. The latter can boost Gauss's damage resistance with Kinetic Plating to 100% if the Battery is completely filled with sufficient Strength. If Gauss is not in Redline, an 80% damage resistance is the highest you can obtain.

To explain Gauss's Redline more clearly and what it provides:

• Battery

Allows the Battery to move past the Redline limit (80% mark), which will start giving the additional benefits and synergies. Moving over 80% of the Battery will put you into Redline. The percentage overclock will increase as long as the Battery is past the Redline (80% or above). It will build up faster if the Battery continues to be full during the time.

If Redline gets deactivated (manually or duration), the Battery will be drained to the current overclock percentage; for example, 0% overclock will drain all of Gauss's battery. 50% to half of Gauss's Battery. 80% or above will drain the Battery to 80% full, or the max amount if Gauss is not in Redline.

• Redline Passives

There will be bonus: firing speed, reload speed, hoister speed, and melee speed. Energy bolts will fire off of Gauss while in Redline, which emits some homing (no armor stripping however).

• Mach Rush

Halves the activation and channeled energy cost of the ability.

• Kinetic Plating

Provides melee damage and stagger bonuses, but the boosted Battery capacity will allow Gauss to reach up to 100% damage reduction. If the overclock percentage maxes out at 100%, the Battery will not decay during the duration of Redline. This provides both immunity to kinetic energy damage and even energy generation due to how 5% of the damage absorbed will be generated as Energy for Gauss.

• Thermal Sunder

Admittedly, overlooked but very lethal to even Steel Path Grineer and Corrupted. Cold Thermal Sunder while in the Redline will instantly freeze enemies, including Sentients. Unlike  Frost's Avalanche, it will not strip armor. Heat Thermal Sunder's damage increases along with the Heat proc it inflicts.

Blast Thermal Sunder (Casting Cold TS onto someone with a Heat proc and vice versa) will strip all Armor off of any victims before the Thermal Sunder damage. That means that the damage of the Blast Redlined Thermal Sunder will inflict full damage while stripping Armor off of anyone. The damage of the Blast Thermal Sunder will depend again on which Thermal Sunder you've used to trigger the Blast (Heat deals double the damage of Cold Thermal Sunder)

As for your post, I am not sure if these are suggestions or misconceptions.

Well that was embarassing, you shouldn't call yourself a gauss main when you know so little about him, let alone making a guide...

Most has already been said, but first answer got something wrong, mac rush does slash damage when and only when you have the DR ability on, redline or not.

On 2020-11-14 at 6:41 AM, (XBOX)GPGxChief said:

kinetic plating will take off your battery and depending on your battery lvl the kinetic plating will increase in dmg negation, so at a full battery you will be negating 90% of the shots that hit gauss, this will be your primary tanking ability.

This is new.... When did they change this ? :O

On 2020-11-14 at 7:09 AM, McCIoud said:

I thought this works when Double Casting Thermal Sunder regardless of where the Battery is.... With Redline being the Exception 

On 2020-11-14 at 7:09 AM, McCIoud said:

As someone who took Booben Prime from scratch to most played in 2 months... I empathise with how much effort this took ;)

Apparently early last year I relied all too much on Limbo Prime and he was my most played... Trying to get my actual main Warframe's ahead of Limbo was a pain in the ass.

On 2020-11-17 at 11:23 PM, Duality52 said:

Partially true, but again it only applies the 100% Armor strip when you do a Blast Thermal Sunder (Ice to Heat, or Heat to Ice). The armor gets strip first before the damage of the Thermal Sunder. The damage of the Thermal Sunder will depend on which element you used last to prime for the Blast damage (Heat deals double the damage over Cold).

I've always wanted to know how the Armory Stripping works :)

On 2020-11-17 at 11:23 PM, Duality52 said:

Kinetic Plating will only absorb and reduce damage from: Blast, Heat, Cold, and all physical damage types. If Gauss's Redlined Battery does not reach the 100% overclock mark, absorbing the relevant damage types will drain the Battery even past the Redline mark. However, getting the Battery to the 100% overclock mark will stop the Battery from decaying at all. Standing still with the Battery active while in Redline or not will drain the Battery.

I think this is the part of Gauss that confuses people the most... I don't remember if it's mentioned in the Ability's description but I found about which Damage Types Kinetic Playing Works on through a combination of Adaptation and Assessing my Survivability based on which Faction holds the mission I was currently doing.

This I eventually discovered the Effectiveness of Kinetic Playing across the 6 Damage Types....

In Short... Gauss does really well against the Grineer since the only units you have to be mindful of are the Box's which deal Toxin damage.... This is a Three Layered problem for Gauss because Not only does Kinetic Playing not work on Toxin... toxin bypasses shields so for my Gauss who does not run Vitality at all this is highly Problematic.... And lastly... I used to think Kinetic Playing was immune to status effects.... Turns out I was Wrong... It's only immune to Staggers (which actually is a Status Effect hence my initial assumption) and that means not only will Gauss take Toxin Damage through his Shield but he will also take Damage Over Time from the Status Proc itself....

So yeah... For me the most difficult thing to understand about Gauss was Kinetic Plating and how it interacts with Redline.

Archived