Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teshin will have Umbra bps for sale

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

100 SE ? Thanks I'll pass.

2 hours ago, _Tormex_ said:

There's always another frame

Not really.

Compare it to catalysts that are installed in melee, primary and secondaries. You need 200-300 catalysts easily and much less reactors.

Case in point I have 40 reactors sitting in my inventory as opposed to 0 catalysts.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

People are currently on a test server for the new content and changes. They even have a feedback thread on the forums but it's hidden from those that don't have test server access.

Thanks. I was wondering if there was a Dev post I couldn't find or it was announced in a Dev stream. I didn't want to go through all of last weeks streams looking for a 30 second clip or something. 

5 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I'm sure DE is gonna tone down SP because of this Umbra forma thing. I never wanted it and I've beena gainst it snce they added SP. 

SE farm just proved my point when it comes to people don't giving a single f*ck about a game mode and just care about the rewards... And that people is the people who will start to throw tanturms and scream when DE nerf the SE farm into the ground thanks to the same people and their braindead AFK farming for rivens.

They actually kinda improved SE farming for casuals, while destroying it for the hardcores.
SE won't drop from eximus any more, but you get 3 from Alerts, of which there are 5. Not sure if they're daily, or on a shorter rotation (didn't remember checking), but i've read someone saying they're on a 5h rotation. That means you can comfortably get ~100 weekly from the alerts. Plus there's a chance that an acolyte will spawn during missions, which drops 2 more guaranteed. From my experience, they spawn relatively often, but not very often (i got them around every 10 minutes or so?). Didn't test that very much, since i had already verified it's not a 100% spawn, which should be the case for a "demi-boss".

56 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I very much expect the umbra forma will be on a cooldown, so you can buy one each 7 days or something when the shop refreshes. They did mention a rotating store.

Might be the case, or it might not even be on offer all the time (i think they mentioned on the devstream that Teshin would have a rotation of new stuff in it), so it might be available one week, then not for a couple weeks.

1 minute ago, ReaverKane said:

They actually kinda improved SE farming for casuals, while destroying it for the hardcores.
SE won't drop from eximus any more, but you get 3 from Alerts, of which there are 5. Not sure if they're daily, or on a shorter rotation (didn't remember checking), but i've read someone saying they're on a 5h rotation. That means you can comfortably get ~100 weekly from the alerts. Plus there's a chance that an acolyte will spawn during missions, which drops 2 more guaranteed. From my experience, they spawn relatively often, but not very often (i got them around every 10 minutes or so?). Didn't test that very much, since i had already verified it's not a 100% spawn, which should be the case for a "demi-boss".

The alerts are daily, so minimum 15 SE a day from them. 

3 minutes ago, Hierarch777 said:

The alerts are daily, so minimum 15 SE a day from them. 

Yes, which translates to 105/week if you don't miss any. Also they unlock nodes for you, so its also an alternative way to progress in the steel path star chart for those that haven't yet.
All in all the steel essence changes aren't bad, i think they should change the Acolytes a bit (they hit hard, but don't have much HP, and they don't spawn all the time), and i think that since acolytes drop them, they should have them drop on Stalker, G3, and some Assassination targets (maybe randomize it on the easier ones, but like the zealot should drop 2-3 every time).

Also, remember these were Beta changes, so not really final!

They really need to scale up the costs and future drops 2-3 orders of magnitude... because now people are going to run lots and lots of 4 hour Survivals to try to stock on Steel Essence to purchase Umbra Forma BPs in mass.

For example:

• Umbra forma BPs cost upped to 10000 SE
  • Acolytes drop 100 SE a piece

And they should communicate this kind of change in advance so no one wastes their time trying to do these 4 hour farming sessions collecting just hundreds of SE.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

They really need to scale up the costs and future drops 2-3 orders of magnitude... because now people are going to run lots and lots of 4 hour Survivals to try to stock on Steel Essence to purchase Umbra Forma BPs in mass.

For example:

And they should communicate this kind of change in advance so no one wastes their time trying to do these 4 hour farming sessions collecting just hundreds of SE.

I'm not on the test cluster, but is there some kind of cooldown on buying some things, like with buying a veiled riven in Iron Wake?

Just now, Hierarch777 said:

I'm not on the test cluster, but is there some kind of cooldown on buying some things, like with buying a veiled riven in Iron Wake?

I'm not on the test cluster either. I'm basing my post off of the OP's picture of Teshin's stock.

For example:

The change is in the PBE, so not final yet. Its in testing. After the feedback, they'll probably do some changes, and then announce the results.
And first you really don't need that long to farm SE right now, if you have boosts on, its faster than most people think.

But yeah, there's fanatics everywhere, let them have their fun, no changes needed to account for those.

3 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

The change is in the PBE, so not final yet. Its in testing. After the feedback, they'll probably do some changes, and then announce the results.
And first you really don't need that long to farm SE right now, if you have boosts on, its faster than most people think.

But yeah, there's fanatics everywhere, let them have their fun, no changes needed to account for those.

I'm opposed to Umbra Forma being worthless and very easy to obtain. It's supposed to be special and rare.

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

I'm opposed to Umbra Forma being worthless and very easy to obtain. It's supposed to be special and rare.

Why is it supposed to be special and rare? And i'd say it will be rare, since most players probably don't even have access to steel path.

1 minute ago, ReaverKane said:

Why is it supposed to be special and rare? And i'd say it will be rare, since most players probably don't even have access to steel path.

It's special because it lets you polarize slots to Umbra polarity. The Umbra mods are some of the most powerful Warframe mods in the game (and there's Sacrificial Steel to boot)...  The Umbra polarity normally forces you to make build decisions to fit them. But if Umbra Forma becomes easy to obtain... well, now it's just like any other polarity.

It should be rare because Umbra polarity is meant to limit you in how much you can benefit from some of the most powerful mods in the game.

Otherwise... what's the point of the Umbra polarity? What's the point of drip feeding us Umbra Forma through Nightwave? Why even have Umbra Forma? Just add Umbra polarity to normal Forma (very easy to get normal Forma).

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

I don't get it either, adaptation is a mod that is way stronger than any umbral build could ever be, and on Xbox I can get that for 5 plat and got dozens passively.. umbra forma being rare was a thing because it was new.

That's basically how stuff worked the last 6 years I'm here ..

The set bonus......some abilities are affected by your warframes strength and armor like frost for example.

6 minutes ago, nslay said:

It should be rare because Umbra polarity is meant to limit you in how much you can benefit from some of the most powerful mods in the game.

ehh .. thats highly debatable , outside of sacrificial steel maybe , and thats mostly for corrupted charge x2 heavy attack builds so ..

I would say theyre overrated , even if they would remove those the game would stay same and our power levels just as well , actually i dont even know if 100 SE is worth on them or not lol .

It's special because it lets you polarize slots to Umbra polarity. The Umbra mods are some of the most powerful Warframe mods in the game (and there's Sacrificial Steel to boot)...  The Umbra polarity normally forces you to make build decisions to fit them. But if Umbra Forma becomes easy to obtain... well, now it's just like any other polarity.

Otherwise... what's the point of the Umbra polarity? What's the point of drip feeding us Umbra Forma through Nightwave? Why even have Umbra Forma? Just add Umbra polarity to normal Forma (very easy to get normal Forma).

Well, how would adding umbral forma to the steel path rewards change any of that?
And in fact they've been meaning to add UF in a more consistent way for a long time now, it was supposed to drop in Railjack missions remember, but apparently that was exploitable in some way, and they removed it. Now they added it this way, which they can control the rate of aquisition (which is at most 1 per week for people that don't hoard now).
You still need to:

• Complete Chimera Prologue
  • Complete Star chart
  • Do the 5 missions daily

All this for one Umbra Forma a week, that is if it doesn't have any other rotation.

Just now, ReaverKane said:

Well, how would adding umbral forma to the steel path rewards change any of that?
And in fact they've been meaning to add UF in a more consistent way for a long time now, it was supposed to drop in Railjack missions remember, but apparently that was exploitable in some way, and they removed it. Now they added it this way, which they can control the rate of aquisition (which is at most 1 per week for people that don't hoard now).
You still need to:

• Complete Chimera Prologue
  • Complete Star chart
  • Do the 5 missions daily

All this for one Umbra Forma a week, that is if it doesn't have any other rotation.

There's nothing wrong with adding Umbra Forma to Teshin's shop (just like there was nothing wrong with it in rare caches in RJ missions when that was an option). There's something wrong with making it really easy to obtain (which is what I'm talking about). Really easy to obtain either by farming Steel Essence now in long Survival missions or really easy to obtain in the next overhaul of Steel Path.

Just by analogy, I think high MR is harder to reach than those 3 criteria and high MR is scoffed at on the forums as easy and meaningless.

Whatever, maybe Umbra Forma doesn't need to be as rare as it used to be. But the whole point of the Umbra polarity seems to be that it was meant to force you to make big build decisions when dealing with those special Umbra mods. If it's too easy to obtain, that polarity essentially loses it value and purpose IMO.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Like stated in this topic already, the frames that have the best benefit of a full umbral build are a minority, and are already covered with those we received through nightwave and MR30.

My point is this "is op, should be rare" sentiment falls flat since it isn't really the case.. there's way more "OP" stuff in the game which is accessible to basically everyone.

It's good they bring it back, also fair to those who didn't catch them in railjack. (I think this wasn't even shipped to console? Not sure though) 

Basically, we can now try out things with them instead of having to be 100% sure to what we use them on thanks to it's artificial rarity.. I also wouldn't be mad about a 7 day timer, way better than up to an actual year that the current nightwaves are running.

It's not just about the stats. That's like saying who cares if they weren't that stronger compared to primes and regular warframes, so we should now give every frame an umbral version. 

They are rare within the story, lore, etc. 

They were the "special" mods you got after one of the really cool quests that revealed a lot of cool information about the warframe world. It was something that finally provided an edge over the big bad sentients. 

It's not really that hard to figure out. Yes, they're less rare now.....but this is years later they're finally loosening the grasp on them, which still shows how rare they are. 

1 hour ago, ReaverKane said:

Might be the case, or it might not even be on offer all the time (i think they mentioned on the devstream that Teshin would have a rotation of new stuff in it), so it might be available one week, then not for a couple weeks.

Because it's kinda obvious that their intention never was "stay 6 hours in mission and hoard hundred of SE to roll rivens" and that's why you can see the SE so scattered if you play like a regular player (high percentage of the playerbase) and not like a hardcore long endurance player (niche)... And also those values doesn't mean anything unless they are live, everything can change and the feedback needs to adapt accordingly.

Archived