Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teshin will have Umbra bps for sale

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Like stated in this topic already, the frames that have the best benefit of a full umbral build are a minority, and are already covered with those we received through nightwave and MR30.

My point is this "is op, should be rare" sentiment falls flat since it isn't really the case.. there's way more "OP" stuff in the game which is accessible to basically everyone.

It's good they bring it back, also fair to those who didn't catch them in railjack. (I think this wasn't even shipped to console? Not sure though) 

Basically, we can now try out things with them instead of having to be 100% sure to what we use them on thanks to it's artificial rarity.. I also wouldn't be mad about a 7 day timer, way better than up to an actual year that the current nightwaves are running.

I *hated* the nightwave acquisition.

Weeks of grinding rep to finally get it then oh hey enjoy not being able to get another one for months and months and months and months because nightwave 2/intermission/3/filler/whatever isnt out yet.

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Yeah it wasn't that great.. and we already know the duration of the next intermission, with possible delay.. like I said, having us to wait for up to a year was .. kinda .. meh..

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I *hated* the nightwave acquisition.

Weeks of grinding rep to finally get it then oh hey enjoy not being able to get another one for months and months and months and months because nightwave 2/intermission/3/filler/whatever isnt out yet.

Yeah, I will agree with you both there. Though, I don't think Teshin should be handing these out for super cheap either.

It's cool Teshin will have it. I thought the Railjack super rare caches was a lame way to make extra Umbra Forma obtainable.

4 hours ago, White_Matter said:

100 SE ? Thanks I'll pass.

That's chump change. People have tens of thousands of steel essence in the bank from hours of farming, especially now once the nerf has been announced and people have herded back into odin by FOMO.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Kuhl MC said:

It almost completely devalues future Nightwave seasons a

At least it will reduce the nightwave complaints and people who still thinks alerts were better...

4 hours ago, nslay said:

It's special because it lets you polarize slots to Umbra polarity. The Umbra mods are some of the most powerful Warframe mods in the game (and there's Sacrificial Steel to boot)...  The Umbra polarity normally forces you to make build decisions to fit them. But if Umbra Forma becomes easy to obtain... well, now it's just like any other polarity.

100 Essence is not cheap. You get 1 Umbra Forma per week after the Steel Essence changes. We have over >60 Warframes including primes and over 200 melee weapons. It will still be rare and special and you still have to make decision on who gets the Umbra Polarity first or who to prioritize.

6 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

At least it will reduce the nightwave complaints and people who still thinks alerts were better...

100 Essence is not cheap. You get 1 Umbra Forma per week after the Steel Essence changes. We have over >60 Warframes including primes and over 200 melee weapons. It will still be rare and special and you still have to make decision on who gets the Umbra Polarity first or who to prioritize.

Agreed. This doesn’t include the 3 Warframes and 3 Prime Warframes yearly.  Not including the weapons. It will still be “rare” and “special” even if the bp would always available for purchase per SE. 

27 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

The way Steel Path currently is, 100 Essence is cheap. On day 1 we saw screenshots of people collecting 300-400 Essence in one sitting. Are you kidding me?

It may not be cheap in the new overhauled Steel Path. That's not going to stop players from accumulating hundreds of Essence right now before the update lands.

We've been getting 1 per Nightwave season. You had a small chance of finding a rare cache in Veil Proxima and getting an Umbra Forma. If you happen to manage to reach MR 30, you get 3 of them (and rightfully so!). If you run Survival missions and exploit dumb AI in the game, you can have enough to buy 5 in 5 weeks. Which of these is out of place for something rare special?

Please don't maintain the idea that if DE makes a mistake and gets the rarity of a resource wrong (Umbral Forma in this case), that they should keep that rarity for ever into the future.
If they've found a way to add it in so that, once the change has been made, people new to SP can acquire them over a much shorter time than 1 per year or so, please let that be.
Sure, there are people now who will grind SE so that they can have everything NOW and not have to wait but that's a small part of the population that will reduce over time as a percentage.

6 minutes ago, JeranTek said:

Please don't maintain the idea that if DE makes a mistake and gets the rarity of a resource wrong (Umbral Forma in this case), that they should keep that rarity for ever into the future.
If they've found a way to add it in so that, once the change has been made, people new to SP can acquire them over a much shorter time than 1 per year or so, please let that be.
Sure, there are people now who will grind SE so that they can have everything NOW and not have to wait but that's a small part of the population that will reduce over time as a percentage.

They can do that in a way that preserves Umbra Forma's specialness/rarity while preventing the current Kuva farming exploiters from walking all over Umbra Forma prestige. All they have to do is take their new system and scale it up. You scale up acquisition of Steel Essence and you scale up the cost... then effort to get new Umbra Forma remains the same.

13 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I'm sure DE is gonna tone down SP because of this Umbra forma thing. I never wanted it and I've beena gainst it snce they added SP. 

SE farm just proved my point when it comes to people don't giving a single f*ck about a game mode and just care about the rewards... And that people is the people who will start to throw tanturms and scream when DE nerf the SE farm into the ground thanks to the same people and their braindead AFK farming for rivens.

Grinding essence is pretty casual-friendly in Arcana. The daily missions will have better matchmaking than random missions. Guaranteed 15-20 per day on average. That's one umbra forma a week if you are clearing dailies every day.

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Personally, the main value of Umbra forma is it's rarity.

Other than that, I don't really like them that much. As a player that likes to play around with builds, umbra polarities are far too restrictive. 

They aren't really that restrictive unless you put 2+ umbra forma on a frame.

One umbra forma is pretty consistently useful (how many builds exist that don't use either intensify or vitality?)

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Grinding essence is pretty casual-friendly in Arcana. The daily missions will have better matchmaking than random missions. Guaranteed 15-20 per day on average. That's one umbra forma a week if you are clearing dailies every day.

Huh... well if that's their new benchmark and they're restricting us to buying 1 Umbra Forma per week anyway... then I guess it doesn't really matter if players are farming tons of SE right now in long endurance runs. Everyone can just get just their 100 SE per week regardless.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

Huh... well if that's their new benchmark and they're restricting us to buying 1 Umbra Forma per week anyway... then I guess it doesn't really matter if players are farming tons of SE right now in long endurance runs. Everyone can just get just their 100 SE per week regardless.

remake bingo GIF

11 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If this isn't a rare rotation, umbra forma will quickly lose its value to the point where it might even be less useful than regular forma.

It'll be like reactors. They're incredibly useful right up until you use it on every frame

I anticipate it will be on rotation, but not super rare. Like every 7-8 weeks.

14 hours ago, Fl_3 said:

@DE Before the patch update goes live be sure to increase the cost of the Umbral Forma to something like 1000 SE a throw.

For something like this 100 is way too cheap.

That or limit the amount we can buy to say 1 a week.

Because if Umbral Forma are so cheap and easy to get hold of why did we all have to grind so hard during Nightwave to get a single one? 

You do recall how the SE will drop now right? How much of a spawn rate do you think they will give the Acolytes? My Telepathetic powers tell me that a blue moon would have a greater chance of occurring yearly,(Slight exaggeration of course, but not far from the truth.)So yeah 100 SE will be just fine with DE,as the number of Acolyte spawns will be far less than the Eximus spawns we currently have. I would love to be wrong.

12 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If this isn't a rare rotation, umbra forma will quickly lose its value to the point where it might even be less useful than regular forma.

It'll be like reactors. They're incredibly useful right up until you use it on every frame

Glad someone understands. Dunno about you but I still have 4 unused and I can't really think of too many frames that really will benefit from them.

4 hours ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

I anticipate it will be on rotation, but not super rare. Like every 7-8 weeks.

100 SE after update will be an entire week of doing all SP SE missions every day. Thus the reward will most likely be accessible to the casual 1-2 hours/day players once a week, if not two. For those who play +8 hours a day probably only a few days possibly 1-2.

I just hope DE doesn't make Universal Forma in the future because than this grind will be pointless.

Umbra Forma is nice and all, but I really want to know is if Teshin will sell regular Forma and Aura Forma. They are far less specific/more versatile. Not to mention that regular Forma is far more used. 

Like many people in this thread said, Umbra Forma is helpful, but only really useful on certain frames with high health and armor. 

18 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Might be the case, or it might not even be on offer all the time (i think they mentioned on the devstream that Teshin would have a rotation of new stuff in it), so it might be available one week, then not for a couple weeks.

Yep that may also be how they do it to counter hoarding.

23 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Why? Umbra forma feels good because it's limited but it's just nice at best. Most builds can put two mods in without umbra forma, you'll only really need it if you want to use three umbra mods.

It's not so much the cost of the Umbral Forma, it's about the availability. 

Umbral mods have very few uses, like you say, and only work on certain frames with certain builds. I personally, only have 3 frames that use Umbral mods, one of which is Inaros Prime simply because it's a total waste of Umbral Forma to throw them on him. The rest simply don't need them. It's the same with Melee weapons, the 4 weapons I use the most have no Umbral mods because they simply don't need them and wreck face even in the highest Steel Path missions.

Why not give us something useful in Teshin's store like Regular Forma instead of just a niche item of seriously limited use.

What I'm wondering is why some people think the Umbra Forma should be rare? The use it has in "pure strength" is only accessible to not even a handful of frames. On the rest of the frames, adding an Umbra Forma is simply a QoL for having more builds ready to use, nothing else. It doesnt add any power to each individual build, it just adds the option to have 2 or 3 individual builds, since you dont lock yourself into formaing every other slot, so you can replace that last mod spot with a 7 or 9 no matter which polarity it is, letting you have a build with more range, more power, more shields, more hp, more armor or whatever you like.

Now if all of the roster could make good use of a 3x umbra mod setup I'd be inclined to agree it should stay more rare, but as it is now it is silly, since it is practically nothing but a normal mod for the majority of the roster, that can be fitted with or without an umbra forma.

Archived